Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI (803 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie / Official: Siasia Leaves Odemwingie Out Of Argentina Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by FBS: 10:20am On Feb 01, 2010
Osaze Odemwingie was the only Nigerian player to make the Nations Cup XI selected by the Technical Committee of CAF.

Goalkeeper Essam El Hadary led five players from the championship-winning team Egypt named in the All star selection.

Angola surprisingly had two players in the list, ahead of Ghana, while no player from the Ivory Coast was listed.

Members of the committee are Hussein Abdel Moneim, technical director of CAF, Ben Kouffie (Gha), Adegboyega Onigbinde (Ngr), Anthony Baffoe (Gha), Noser Fathy (Egy) and Maalouch Belhassan (Tun)

CAF XI:
1. Essam EL HADARY (EGY)
2. Madjid BOUGHERRA (ALG)
20. Wael GOMAA (EGY)
21. MABINA (ANG)
6. Alexandre SONG (CMR)
7. Ahmed FATHI (EGY)
17. Ahmed HASSAN (EGY)
11. Osaze ODEMWINGIE (NGR)
3. Asamoah GYAN (GHA)
16. FLAVIO (ANG)
9. Mohamed ZIDAN (EGY)

SUBSTITUTES
22. Richard KINGSON (GHA)
6. Emmanuel MBOLA (Zambia)
10. Achille EMANA (CMR)
10. Kwadwo ASAMOAH (GHA)
12. Seydou KEITA (MLI)
15. Karim ZIANI (ALG)
15. Mohamed Nagy GEDO (EGY)
13. André AYEW (GHA)
11. Eric MOULOUNGUI (GAB)
7. Ogbuke OBASI (NGR)
7. Jacob MULENGA (ZAM)
8. Salomon KALOU (CIV)

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13672
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by hollandis(f): 10:23am On Feb 01, 2010
I would have commented but after Adeboye Onigbinde's name in your write up,I hereby withdraw my comments
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by Chuksaluta(m): 11:42am On Feb 01, 2010
Whats andr ayew's name finding there.What is the hype about him bn a legend son.
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2010
The list is ok to me
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
hollandis:

I would have commented but after Adeboye Onigbinde's name in your write up,I hereby withdraw my comments
LOL
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by A40(m): 1:20am On Feb 02, 2010
What is Osazee's name doing on the list? These guys are jokers! I like Osazee he's my fave player in that team but out of 6 matches he played just three and had one good game
The Angolan names there where just to pacify the hosts
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2010
A-40:

What is Osazee's name doing on the list? These guys are jokers! I like Osazee he's my fave player in that team but out of 6 matches he played just three and had one good game
The Angolan names there where just to pacify the hosts
Even more surprising is the inclusion of Obasi name. He had just two moments of brilliance in his entire 6 games and that was against Egypt.
Methink Osaze deserves mention though, but should be as a reserve.
Alex Song should also not be on that list. He was below par in virtually all the games he played.
I don't think Angola's Flavio's name's inclusion is to pacify the host. He had a good tournament, scoring three goals.
And why is there no Algerian in the list, even as a reserve?
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by honeric01(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2010
What a wasted year in the CAF calender. sad sad sad
Re: ODEMWINGIE MAKES CAF XI by chidichris(m): 10:24am On Feb 09, 2010
caf is just a joke.
i hate caf and i hate their senses of judgements.
they are time wasting organisation.

(1) (Reply)

Manchester Utd's Chances Of Progressing To The Next Round Of Uefa Europa League / Lionel Messi Has Surpassed The Legendary Duo Maradona And Pele / Cycling In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.