Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m (86076 Views)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 14, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

don't forget the biodegradable insulation used in the wiring harness!!
The upgrade is available. Go to cementary trinity apapa as for Benz harness vendors.... Tony in particular. Brah Mercedes-Benz rocks.... Or German automobiles.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
Those complaining of Benz shape etal. But serzly, the W202 series...2000 and 2001(wagon) aren't that bad in shape. I know those Vboot, 190 can be ugly.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by obekediamondfuto(m): 12:46am On Jul 15, 2017
SmartChoices:

The upgrade is available. Go to cementary trinity apapa as for Benz harness vendors.... Tony in particular. Brah Mercedes-Benz rocks.... Or German automobiles.

well that's true, u got a point.

German machines are way more powerful, have more balance and handling even at top speed.

just that it's quite expensive, hence not for first timers with very slim or tight budget
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by WhoDeyThere(m): 1:14am On Jul 15, 2017
Among Peugeot 206, golf 3, opel zafira and eod 2005. which one is best for newbie with 800k budget?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:07am On Jul 15, 2017
WhoDeyThere:
Among Peugeot 206, golf 3, opel zafira and eod 2005. which one is best for newbie with 800k budget?

u didn't speculate the main reason for getting the car, the environment where it'll be driven and most of all, the frequency of lengthy travels u might or might not make
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by WhoDeyThere(m): 12:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

u didn't speculate the main reason for getting the car, the environment where it'll be driven and most of all, the frequency of lengthy travels u might or might not make
Just for local run around and occasional long trip.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 15, 2017
WhoDeyThere:
Just for local run around and occasional long trip.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by WhoDeyThere(m): 4:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
SmartChoices:
Thanks boss.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
WhoDeyThere:
Peugeot 206 and Golf 3 have it there...Both rides are good. 206 gives class while Golf gives Ruggedness...Any1 you choose...u're good to go. Just note that several hands will be waved at you when cruising your Golf 3...Na peeps wey wan enter Taxi be dt ooo. lol

6 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2017

Boss, Pls help recommend a good Benz W202 for a pal. Any1 he can get Tix for less than Million...BTW...i also have one 2000 ML 320 sent from German...what's the market price pls?
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by WhoDeyThere(m): 11:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
Damolux01:
Peugeot 206 and Golf 3 have it there...Both rides are good. 206 gives class while Golf gives Ruggedness...Any1 you choose...u're good to know. Just note that several hands will be waved at you when cruising your Golf 3...Na peeps wey wan enter Taxi be dt ooo. lol
lol. Thanks.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 11:47am On Jul 28, 2017
cc iyanuakin
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Olumyyde(m): 8:37am On Jun 04, 2018
A newbie,married with a daughter, Wat car can I get with a budget of 500k? Tnx for the anticipated response sirs/ma.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by valarinz: 5:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
Olumyyde:
A newbie,married with a daughter, Wat car can I get with a budget of 500k? Tnx for the anticipated response sirs/ma.

Volvo V40, 2000 model
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 9:14pm On Nov 17, 2018
Olumyyde:
Get. Corolla "01 model. You cant go wrong with that Car. Your budget is okay for it. Just go with a good Mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kaymaxsoluxions(m): 11:53am On Nov 18, 2018
Olumyyde:
Corolla 1999 to 2001 is fine if you can get a good one within your budget

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by mrmichael1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
A newbie also, single though, i kinda like Hondas but scared of their "pulling legs". If there are models that are not prone to that problem, which one could it be?.
A budget of 500-550k max.
Just round Lagos and rare occasional trip to neighboring towns.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
mrmichael1:
A newbie also, single though, i kinda like Hondas but scared of their "pulling legs". If there are models that are not prone to that problem, which one could it be?.

Honda Civic, Honda City.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by valarinz: 8:28am On Dec 29, 2018
mrmichael1:

I'm yet to fully understand you guys, if the only criticism of the honda car are the occasional leg pulls (which is not so frequent anyways, at times takes almost two years to happen), then why run away on the basis of that alone. All cars have their own shit, it also doesnt cost a fortune to fix the pull and move on with your life when it happens, so why the emphasis

3 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Phylergy(m): 9:30am On Dec 29, 2018
A newbie also with plans to get a car by January 2019. With a budget of 800k, which car (fit for taxify) can I get??
I have Passat / camry 03-05 / Honda(EOD or civic) in mind.

PS: I love Volkswagen Passat but dont know much about it yet.

Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:16am On Dec 29, 2018
Phylergy:
A newbie also with plans to get a car by January 2019. With a budget of 800k, which car (fit for taxify) can I get??
I have Passat / camry 03-05 / Honda(EOD or civic) in mind.

PS: I love Volkswagen Passat but dont know much about it yet.

Any suggestions or opinions will be appreciated.

Civic. The answer is always Civic.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Phylergy(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Civic. The answer is always Civic.

Thanks alot!!

More suggestions and opinions needed!
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by executegoals19: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Hello I need an advice on how genuine buying cars from the auction sales of Nigeria Custom at Seme Border (Idiroko, Ogun state). Anyone who has tried them can also offer advice.

Thanks for the guiding discussion we been having thus far on the platform.

Waiting for your response.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by temmym4(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
urvillagepeoplee:
buhari or indiamie,I can't buy a 18yrs old car for 800k not to talk of 1m sef,even if it will take 3yrs for dollar to fall I will wait,my fore fathers didn't die of using legedis Benz wen most of dem trekked to mecca and Lagos not to talk of now wen we have public transport. to earn 10naira in 9ja isn't easy o.call me akagum if u like.

Oga siddown there dey wait.

I was like you before as well when camry tokunbo was 500k, i was waiting, later price got high and very clean used ones was 550k last, i was still waiting.
Nigga i eventually got a car later when camry was sold for 1.3M tokunbo.

Moral...
If you keep waiting for when rides will get cheap, u are on a very long thing and you will stay that way till you grow old and grey grin

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by EdoNation(f): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by EdoNation(f): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ok
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by valarinz: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2018
executegoals19:
Hello I need an advice on how genuine buying cars from the auction sales of Nigeria Custom at Seme Border (Idiroko, Ogun state). Anyone who has tried them can also offer advice.

Thanks for the guiding discussion we been having thus far on the platform.

Waiting for your response.

Oh Lord!!! Maga wan pay oo

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by timilehing(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
valarinz:

I'm yet to fully understand you guys, if the only criticism of the honda car are the occasional leg pulls (which is not so frequent anyways, at times takes almost two years to happen), then why run away on the basis of that alone. All cars have their own shit, it also doesnt cost a fortune to fix the pull and move on with your life when it happens, so why the emphasis
The embarrassment caused by the occurrence is the issue Bro. It can happen anywhere!! The look from other road users alone ehn
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by mrmichael1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
Thanks bro, i really do appreciate your comment.
HeavenlyBang:

Honda Civic, Honda City.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by seyema(m): 1:39am On Jan 04, 2019
Nice thread...

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Chineduogbojo95: 11:08pm On Jan 04, 2019
Cars that might be less than a million naira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72jKa2Emp40

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Car Talk Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.