Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m (85967 Views)

Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Which SUV is Best For A Budget Of 1.4 Million? / 2016 Best Cars Of The Year Awards In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nakoks(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:

S60 is an economical vehicle fuel wise.... The parts and maintenance I'll leave valarinz to that.

There's nothing like a v4 car engine... It's called I4.
Now on Mercedes and Volvo's... Some people don't like to travel ordinarily... But luxuriously.... Get a tokks 190 and keep praying for me. Fuel economy is not the only consideration in buying vehicles....

Some just buy class!!!

Not everyone can risk his life on the southeastern roads in a old avensis wagon like a major Kazeem here.

For me I can't enter a Honda car for a Trip.... My younger brother diportivo is love vending his xterra and will probably laugh at exchanging it for a VW golf

Wicked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by rockyh(m): 5:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

We're waiting for your candid opinion and response to my last post on this thread.
Come and defend your Toyota camry with facts.
am talking about my experience with the different brands of cars I am driven so far
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
nams77:

Check the model again bro. S40 and v40 are the same in specification. The only difference is that v40 is the wagon type of s40. I need a wagon for my side biz. S40 and v40 from numerous reviews from owners is not a fuel guzzler except something is wrong with your pastor's own.
Hey bro...the Man uses a Volvo 940GLE, abi it's 940CL self...not d V series as mistakenly posited.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 8:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
rockyh:
am talking about my experience with the different brands of cars I am driven so far

Ever heard this saying; "who no go nor know"?
Test drive the c klasse and come back here with your findings.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Damolux01:
Hey bro...the Man uses a Volvo 940, abi it's 940CL self...not d V series as mistakenly posited.
And you could have ended up misleading so many persons here. You still ain't even sure of the model yet. It's OK

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

And did the w202 c180 drown in the same water/flood?
I bet you that if the c class passes that same water, it would not need any flushing.

Just in case you don't know, the battery of that c class is not on the bonnet as you may have thought.
So I ask you again, would the w202 c180 c class drown/ get stuck or go off in a pool of water that a Toyota camry pencil light would swim through?
Lol. The way people hype Toyota, you will think it will never break down. Years back, I visited a church ( an evening program). I was about driving out when I noticed this woman battling with her c class w202. I looked around, there were just only 3 cars left in the park and it was getting dark really fast and she had kids with her. I knew it was battery problem so I decided to stop and help. I bounced off to the front of her car to put in my own battery but a rude shock was waiting for me. There was no battery! I looked around again and again but found no battery under the bonnet. She seems to notice my confusion and laughed, telling me the battery was in the booth! I was flabbergasted, to say the least. I looked like a small school boy who was seeing an ocean for the first time. If I decide to write about the prowess of a Merc, that will be a topic on its own. All these Toyota fans who have not driven other brands should keep kwayet and allow those with experience to speak

6 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
nams77:

Lol. The way people hype Toyota, you will think it will never break down. Years back, I visited a church ( an evening program). Korokoro I was about driving out when I noticed this woman battling with her c class w202. I looked around, there were just only 3 cars left in the park and it was getting dark really fast and she had kids with her. I knew it was battery problem so I decided to stop and help. I bounced off to the front of her car to put in my own battery but a rude shock was waiting for me. There was no battery! I looked around again and again but found no battery under the bonnet. She seems to notice my confusion and laughed, telling me the battery was in the booth! I was flabbergasted, to say the least. I looked like a small school boy who was seeing an ocean for the first time. If I decide to write about the prowess of a Merc, that will be a topic on its own. All these Toyota fans who have not driven other brands should keep kwayet and allow those with experience to speak

I dey tell you. I don't own a Mercedes yet but driving my friend's ML350 first week of last month, I cannot categorically define the ecstasy I felt.

4 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 9:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
nams77:

And you could have ended up misleading so many persons here. You still ain't even sure of the model yet. It's OK
Lol...Yes ooo...good peeps weren't misled. Thumbs to gurus like u n others.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

I dey tell you. I don't own a Mercedes yet but driving my friend's ML350 first week of last month, I cannot categorically define the ecstasy I felt.
Benz is a world of ecstasy on it's own. Still my fav any day. Trying to see what 1.5m can get me when i'm ready. Looking at the C230 tho' I gbadun that ride.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Damolux01:
Lol...Yes ooo...good peeps weren't misled. Thumbs to gurus like u n others.
Point of correction sir! I'm not a guru yet. I'm still learning
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2017
nams77:

Point of correction sir! I'm not a guru yet. I'm still learning
Baba! You get humility.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2017
Philadelphia:

My brother, I have driven some few cars myself, primera, Vento, Audi 80, Tacoma, Corolla but nothing beats the sheer driving pleasure one gets from driving a solid Merc. The balance, road handling, suspension, steering power, simply amazing. I once heard that this were the reason armed robbers fell in love with the 190 and always like using it for their operations so many years back. I remember when I was trapped between two cars and their owners were no where to be found. People around said I wouldn't be able to come out but I just smiled and jumped into my baby and was able to maneuver it out of that tight spot to the amazement of onlookers. Abeg make una leave matter joor!

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by nams77: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
Damolux01:
Baba! You get humility.
Na the truth I tell you o. The ogas them dey here. Kingreign, gazzuzz, egunmogaji, valarinz, nurey, Siena, Princetom and others. Na Dem be oga here
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Damolux01(m): 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
nams77:

Na the truth I tell you o. The ogas them dey here. Kingreign, gazzuzz, egunmogaji, valarinz, nurey, Siena, Princetom and others. Na Dem be oga here
Siena!!! That Man na baba. Na only God sabi where hin dey.
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
nams77:

My brother, I have driven some few cars myself, primera, Vento, Audi 80, Tacoma, Corolla but nothing beats the sheer driving pleasure one gets from driving a solid Merc. The balance, road handling, suspension, steering power, simply amazing. I once heard that this were the reason armed robbers fell in love with the 190 and always like using it for their operations so many years back. I remember when I was trapped between two cars and their owners were no where to be found. People around said I wouldn't be able to come out but I just smiled and jumped into my baby and was able to maneuver it out of that tight spot to the amazement of onlookers. Abeg make una leave matter joor!
Try Audi A4 B6, B7 1.8T... expecting your feedback
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by tutuwater(m): 3:55am On Jul 13, 2017
SmartChoices:

Try Audi A4 B6, B7 1.8T... expecting your feedback
I was going to buy the A4 B6, Nigerian used for 600k that time. But one of our oga here checked the car for me and told me it could have engine or ecu issues, little did I know oga doesn't work on Audi or Volkswagen.

4 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2017
tutuwater:

I was going to buy the A4 B6, Nigerian used for 600k that time. But one of our oga here checked the car for me and told me it could have engine or ecu issues, little did I know oga doesn't work on Audi or Volkswagen.
Do you mind some of these nairaland kazeems...they are often quick to judge what they've not used at all

3 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kingreign(m): 6:19am On Jul 13, 2017
You're a first timer and you wan for "klub sufistikat", they be romancing you till you fall into the trap, finally after all is said and done, when the cloak falls down, you'd come thank me especially when you don't know much about DIY and have evil kazeemz willing to prey on you.

Toyota and others. Honda and others.

Them no born German engineering well. Team Japmobiles (except Nissan and Mitsubishi).

I'm in Okitipupa come and arrest me tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:
You're a first timer and you wan for "klub sufistikat", they be romancing you till you fall into the trap, finally after all is said and done, when the cloak falls down, you'd come thank me especially when you don't know much about DIY and have evil kazeemz willing to prey on you.

Toyota and others. Honda and others.

Them no born German engineering well. Team Japmobiles (except Nissan and Mitsubishi).

I'm in Okitipupa come and arrest me tongue

To be honest, I do not understand a bit of all you just said. Your statements all through were paradoxically expressed.

1 Like

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kingreign(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2017
Philadelphia:

To be honest, I do not understand a bit of all you just said. Your statements all through were paradoxically expressed.

Get ya self a Nigerian used well maintained Toyota pencil light and thank me later. Its 950k
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

Get ya self a Nigerian used well maintained Toyota pencil light and thank me later. Its 950k
Pencil light @950k Nigeria used? grin grin grin when my head is not overheating? LOL.... Pencil light ko, eraser darkness ni.
From regular Benz to vboot to w202 c class to w210 e class .... Now you are telling me about one redundant... uninteresting... uninspiring... unmotivating.... Generic.... Ugly... Bucket of bolts.... No way sir.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kingreign(m): 11:17am On Jul 13, 2017
SmartChoices:

Pencil light @950k Nigeria used? grin grin grin when my head is not overheating? LOL.... Pencil light ko, eraser darkness ni.
From regular Benz to vboot to w202 c class to w210 e class .... Now you are telling me about one redundant... uninteresting... uninspiring... unmotivating.... Generic.... Ugly... Bucket of bolts.... No way sir.
The young man who wants to get his first car understood what I said. We in Mars dont do complicated and fugly looking okpolo motors tongue cheesy
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

The young man who wants to get his first car understood what I said. We in Mars dont do complicated and fugly looking okpolo motors tongue cheesy
This? Old? Yes... Fugly nah...

Meanwhile German vehicles are not made to be compared with any sedentary Japanese assemblage grin

Pencil light or eraser darkness @950k?! No way! My brain is not overheating

2 Shares

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kingreign(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2017
SmartChoices:

This? Old? Yes... Fugly nah...

Meanwhile German vehicles are not made to be compared with any sedentary Japanese assemblage grin

Pencil light or eraser darkness @950k?! No way! My brain is not overheating

German error on wheels. How's your electrical gizmos holding up brah?

Little wonder why this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAhR1MLGYNU
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

German error on wheels. How's your electrical gizmos holding up brah?

Little wonder why this happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAhR1MLGYNU
You really don't wanna start a pissing contest now ..do you? And I am sure you know the difference in both cars... Meanwhile I believe Nissan is also one of your cherished Japanese products... Innit? cheesy
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kingreign(m): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2017
SmartChoices:

You really don't wanna start a pissing contest now ..do you? And I am sure you know the difference in both cars... Meanwhile I believe Nissan is also one of your cherished Japanese products... Innit? cheesy
Nopee! I hate NIssan who drives those pile of craps? angry

We in Pluto only drive Toyota and lexus cool
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

God forbid! Why buy a used camry pencil light for almost 1m when I can get a direct toks w202 c180/c200 for less than that and keep change? Toks w202 that is miles better and safer than the Toyota camry pencil light?
Abeg shift joor. No thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by kingreign(m): 12:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Philadelphia:

God forbid! Why buy a used camry pencil light for almost 1m when I can get a direct toks w202 c180/c200 for less than that and keep change? Toks w202 that is miles better and safer than the Toyota camry pencil light?
Abeg shift joor. No thanks.

Hope when its keyless go breaks, you'd shell out +40k to fix it?
Plus hope you'd be able to handle various sensors replacement when they start giving way?

1997-2000 W202 facelift is circa 1.2-1.3m
2001 envelope is 1.25-1.3m

Choice is yours. Feel free!
Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

Nopee! I hate NIssan who drives those pile of craps? angry

We in Pluto only drive Toyota and lexus cool
We in the heavenly places drive German automobiles.. M.B.A. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

Plus hope you'd be able to handle various sensors replacement when they start giving way?

When your plastic pencil gets stolen.. don't make wailing threads here cheesy that keyless ensures that uche and rasaki automobile thieves stay far away from Germans. They don't like German cars.

8 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by Philadelphia: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
kingreign:

You lie about the prices as you made the w202 seem expensive while the Toyota less expensive. The Toyota you quoted is about 1.5m now.
Your camry must have had 3 changes for shocks within 3 years. But the benz would have good shocks (still using one) still in place after 3 years.
Transmission plus gearbox of the w202 c class is about 45k (complete) but the Toyota camry is about 150k with abeg.
Stop deceiving people here.

BTW. Face lift for w202 is from 1998-2000. (2001 for wagons)

4 Likes

Re: Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Philadelphia:

You lie about the prices as you made the w202 seem expensive while the Toyota less expensive. The Toyota you quoted is about 1.5m now.
Your camry must have had 3 changes for shocks within 3 years. But the benz would have good shocks (still using one) still in place after 3 years.
Transmission plus gearbox of the w202 c class is about 45k (complete) but the Toyota camry is about 150k with abeg.
Stop deceiving people here.

BTW. Face lift for w202 is from 1998-2000. (2001 for wagons)

don't forget the biodegradable insulation used in the wiring harness!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com / See The Car That Caused Commotion In Lagos On Easter Day...photos / Car Talk Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.