Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. (5082 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Sco Pa Tu Manaa? / APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) / Abbreviations Many Use On Daily Basis Without Knowing The Full Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:08am On Jul 08, 2017
iOS= internetwork Operating System.
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2017
So,if I say iOS Operating System,am I wrong...
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
You're not far the truth

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by jericco1(m): 2:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
i is for interactive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by femi4: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
you are wrong.

iOS is different from IOS

iOS is iPhone Operating System

IOS is Internetwork Operating Systems

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by webincomeplus(m): 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
femi4:
you are wrong.

You're also wrong.

The small letter "i" that starts Apple's products and software packages stands for "interactive".

So, iPhone means interactive phone, iOS means interactive operating system, and iPad means interactive pad.

If iOS stands for iPhone operating system, as you stated then the OS should run only on iPhones and not on their tabs and PCs.

10 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by femi4: 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2017
webincomeplus:

You're also wrong.

The small letter "i" that starts Apple's products and software packages stands for "interactive".

So, iPhone means interactive phone, iOS means interactive operating system, and iPad means interactive tab.

If iOS stands for iPhone operating system, as you stated then the OS should run only on iPhones and not on their tabs and PCs.
Olodo, I never defined " i" cos the post before mine already did

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by webincomeplus(m): 5:19pm On Jul 08, 2017
femi4:
Olodo, I never defined " i" cos the post before mine already did
That even shows how daft you are. You already saw a post explaining that i stands for interactive, and you still went ahead to give a different answer.

Why did you say iOS means "iPhone operating system" when you already agreed that the i stands for interactive? Do you need a tutorial to understand that iOS means "interactive operating system"?

Now, you can see who the olodo is.
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by femi4: 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
webincomeplus:

That even shows how daft you are. You already saw a post explaining that i stands for interactive, and you still went ahead to give a different answer.

Why did you say iOS means "iPhone operating system" when you already agreed that the i stands for interactive? Do you need a tutorial to understand that iOS means "interactive operating system"?

Now, you can see who the olodo is.
Lol, you still don't get it. You still fail woefully grin

iOS = Interactive phone Operating System

The OS configuration is for phone fyi
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by webincomeplus(m): 5:34pm On Jul 08, 2017
femi4:
Lol, you still don't get it. You still fail woefully grin

iOS = Interactive phone Operating System

The OS configuration is for phone fyi
Oga, the word "phone" is not part of the full meaning, since that would mean it's restricted to their phones. Meanwhile, same iOS runs on iPads and iPods, not just phones.

Read the Wikipedia entry on iOS to get more enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by femi4: 5:37pm On Jul 08, 2017
webincomeplus:

Oga, the word "phone" is not part of the full meaning, since that would mean it's restricted to their phones. Meanwhile, same iOS runs on iPads and iPods, not just phones.

Read the Wikipedia entry on iOS to get more enlightened.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS

We have android laptops, does that change the fact that Android OS is a mobile OS
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by 4lorunsho(m): 6:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
hmmmm Nigerians are just too knowledgeable .

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Damolux01(m): 6:32pm On Jul 08, 2017
4lorunsho:
hmmmm Nigerians are just too knowledgeable .
You can say that again.
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by webincomeplus(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
femi4:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS

We have android laptops, does that change the fact that Android OS is a mobile OS
Now, you're digressing from the root of our argument. What I'm telling you is about the full meaning of iOS. Whether it extends to other devices or not, the word phone isn't part of the meaning. That's why Apple deleted the word later on, as the OS had to extend beyond phones.

As for Android laptops, they haven't been widely accepted yet. When they are, the root definition of the word "Android" would be devised. Mind you, some people regard laptops as mobile devices based on the fact that they are also mobile and portable.
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
FromZeroToHero:

Actually interactive Operating System
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by GODSMILEFOREVER: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2017
OK ,someone should please tell us the correct answer.
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by charlesluthor(m): 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2017
None of the argumentators agreed that they re OLODO. BT I believe one of u is an OLODO. I won't tell which.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Obudupikin: 5:11am On Jul 09, 2017
charlesluthor:
None of the argumentators agreed that they re OLODO. BT I believe one of u is an OLODO. I won't tell which.
Femi4 grin
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:45am On Jul 09, 2017
iOS originally meant iPhone Operating System until it was renamed sometime in 2010 to iOS because it runs on devices other than phones.

At an Apple event in 1998, Steve Jobs breaks down what the "i" in iMac stands for. The "i" stands for internet, individual, instruct, inform, inspire.

http://mashable.com/2016/02/19/what-does-the-i-stand-for-iphone/#yfb58ZZz58qi

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Dexema(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2017
webincomeplus:

You're also wrong.

So, iPhone means interactive phone, iOS means interactive operating system, and iPad means interactive pad.

On a lighter note, abeg how is the iPhone or other apple products interactive?
You wan share/play music : must be iTunes
You wan use normal wireless earphones: must be pods
No sharing with other devices

Interactive kwa?
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 8:16am On Jul 09, 2017
e go gimme money?
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Olibboy: 9:41am On Jul 09, 2017
femi4:
you are wrong.

You're correct. The idiot wanna be relevant
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Wolfbrother(m): 11:43am On Jul 09, 2017
The speed at which this delved into insults ehn grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by Wolfbrother(m): 11:44am On Jul 09, 2017
Dexema:

On a lighter note, abeg how is the iPhone or other apple products interactive?
You wan share/play music : must be iTunes
You wan use normal wireless earphones: must be pods
No sharing with other devices

Interactive kwa?

The "Interactive" is between the user and the device
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by coptic: 2:36pm On Jul 09, 2017
Obudupikin:

Femi4 grin

grin cheesy

He's definitely the OLODO.

No mincing words.
Re: Many Nigerians Don't Know The Full Meaning Of This Acronym. by cjobia: 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
grand orchid org is a community of like minded people with same common interest who help each other to financial freedom in GOO you make 30% ROI within 30 days we are here to change our society JOIN US TODAY NO DELAY grandorchidorg.com call for more information 09038697636

(1) (Reply)

Every Meat Is Not Beef! See All Their Names / God Punish Poverty! See What Almighty YOUTUBE Sent To This Nigerian Lady! / Register For 2010 Free Sweden University Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.