Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,121 members, 7,838,842 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated (474 Views)

Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison / Death And Life Are In The Power Of The Tongue / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by ksaylor(m): 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
I boarded a public transport recently heading towards Ikeja when at one point the following conversation took place between the driver and an elderly female passenger.

Driver: I can't stop there because I go pay 30, 000 naira.

Female passenger: Try na because where you'll stop me will be far for me.

Driver:You want me to pay 30, 000 naira, you're not a good woman!

Female passenger: it is you that is not a good man, to your family.You'll open your mouth and be saying bad thing.

And this got me thinking, what's going on here? Is it because a stranger said 'you're not a good woman' that the lady went all spiritual base on the bible's teachings on the power of the tongue?
I'm not here to express my knowledge of the bible or counter its teachings however; I feel with the way things have gone in Nigeria in relation to religion we have abused the teachings of the bible.

I totally agree that the tongue holds so great a power that creates positivity and can also bring about negativity but I have my reservations about its potency when it comes to certain situations. I do not believe that someone else's proclamations can influence our own belief or actions or outcomes in life since where the power of the tongue lies is when the mind or sub-conscious has agreed with it. In essence, you must believe in what you proclaim for it to begin to when manifest in little ways...read more here https://themindsplay..com.ng/2017/06/the-power-of-tongue-is-overrated.html

Source:https://themindsplay..com.ng/
Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by Kondomatic(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2017
Pictures of what they said or forget it

1 Like

Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by greatnaija01: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
its either someone has never TOLD A LIE on ya head before OR you have yet to remember that someone has said something to you NEGATIVELY OR POSITIVELY and its currently affecting u.

ksaylor:
I boarded a public transport recently heading towards Ikeja when at one point the following conversation took place between the driver and an elderly female passenger.

Driver: I can't stop there because I go pay 30, 000 naira.

Female passenger: Try na because where you'll stop me will be far for me.

Driver:You want me to pay 30, 000 naira, you're not a good woman!

Female passenger: it is you that is not a good man, to your family.You'll open your mouth and be saying bad thing.

And this got me thinking, what's going on here? Is it because a stranger said 'you're not a good woman' that the lady went all spiritual base on the bible's teachings on the power of the tongue?
I'm not here to express my knowledge of the bible or counter its teachings however; I feel with the way things have gone in Nigeria in relation to religion we have abused the teachings of the bible.

I totally agree that the tongue holds so great a power that creates positivity and can also bring about negativity but I have my reservations about its potency when it comes to certain situations. I do not believe that someone else's proclamations can influence our own belief or actions or outcomes in life since where the power of the tongue lies is when the mind or sub-conscious has agreed with it. In essence, you must believe in what you proclaim for it to begin to when manifest in little ways...read more here https://themindsplay..com.ng/2017/06/the-power-of-tongue-is-overrated.html

Source:https://themindsplay..com.ng/

Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2017
Kondomatic:
Pictures of what they said or forget it

....dude i second...

Pictures pls....
Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by ksaylor(m): 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2017
DavidLoves:

....dude i second...

Pictures pls....

how can i give you pictures when it was a conversation?
Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by ksaylor(m): 8:14pm On Jul 08, 2017
greatnaija01:
its either someone has never TOLD A LIE on ya head before OR you have yet to remember that someone has said something to you NEGATIVELY OR POSITIVELY and its currently affecting u.

i have been a certain situations but if you read the full text you'll understand what i meant.
Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2017
ksaylor:

how can i give you pictures when it was a conversation?

...hahahaha, its funny hw peepz stroke u on nairaland....
Re: The Power Of The Tongue Is Overrated by ksaylor(m): 9:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
DavidLoves:

...hahahaha, its funny hw peepz stroke u on nairaland....

lol...i have grown to make room for diverse opinions while trying as much as possible to be polite.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hope Rekindled / TY Danjuma Blasts Islamists Plotting To Impose Sharia Ideology / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sun. 23/07/2017) Dangers Of Financial Storms I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.