Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada (440469 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by sikells(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2017
marianneada:
permission granted
thanks ma
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by oluwafemi1993: 6:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Now the shit is getting real

Hmmm..... DNA test....

Well, Mr Ufoma I conduct DNA test at cheaper price.
Contact at No 24, Nairaland Crescent street, SPEECHLESS town.

You will see my signboard with an inscription of "Marianneada, Nice story"

1 Like

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Healer007: 9:10am On Aug 11, 2017
Could Uncle G be George's dad. shocked
As for Thelma, wehdone angry
As for u guys that are predicting Thelma and Uncle G, weldone also because now the author is now devising means of proving errbody wrong grin
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
********* His brother's words sank deep into his head, he hadn't been able to concentrate on his office work, he would return from work and go to his bedroom without talking to anyone, he now avoids his wife, he detest her with everything in him, he regretted ever marrying her, if the children are not his, he wont be surprised, as his wife had lived a promiscuous life, he swore never to have anything to do with her again if the kids are not his, he checked his time and it was almost 9pm,his wife had picked Mirabel from school and gone home, he deliberately delays his going home as he doesn't want to see or talk to either his brother or wife,he picked his briefcase and headed to a restaurant nearby the company where he now eats his dinner for the past weeks.

******** Mrs Ufomba was pacing up and down, her husband is yet to return from the office, she checked the time again and hissed, she checked his food on the table and it was getting cold, she returned the food to the microwave and went to the sitting room to keep herself busy with the television, she was troubled, her husband's sudden change seems amazing, he avoids her like a plague, even in the office, he doesn't come to her for official assignments, he rather sends his PA.

she picked up her phone to dial sister Chinwe's number, she met sister Chinwe when she ran away from home, sister Chinwe brought her closer to God, she has been her spiritual guardian, though she's from a poor family, she possess a charisma that even the rich doesn't have. She counsels couples, she has a younger sister, Gift, who just finished writing her jamb, she lives with her in her self contained apartment, she works in a bread factory in order to save money for higher institution.

Sister Chinwe picked her call at the first ring, she told her about her husband's sudden change in character,

"Did you quarrel with him?" sister Chinwe asked her after listening to her

"I didn't, i've been trying to find out what the problem is but he's been avoiding me, as i'm talking to you right now, he's not yet home, he now keeps late night" she lamented almost crying

"Devil is liar, pls my dear sister in the Lord, I want to pray over what you just told me, i'll call you back tomorrow morning, but remember to always pray without ceasing"

"Thank you so much sister, only God will bless you for what you've been doing for me, i'll be expecting your call, bye"

She laid on the cushion and didn't know when she slept off.

******** "Debbie, i said i'm sorry na, i've been begging you for days but you're still ignoring me, i'll never lie to you again, i'm sorry" Thelma begged her sister who has been keeping malice with her since she returned

Debbie ignored her and continued playing with her phone, she stood up and went to the kitchen to get juice, Thelma followed her,

"I know you love freshly made juice, i can quickly make it for you" she told Debbie who gave her a scornful look and continued filling her Cup with juice

"Debbie talk to me na,i said i'm sorry"

"Are you ready to tell me who you were with" She finally asked her

"Oooh, dont start again, why are you bothered about who i was with,"

"Oooh, you still dont want to talk, excuse me" she smirked at her sister and turned to leave

"Ok, i'll tell you but that will be tomorrow, i promise to tell you the truth"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Cross my heart, i'll tell you tomorrow,"

"Ok, i will talk to you but you're not yet forgiven, until tomorrow"

"Can i make the juice for you tomorrow morning since it's already late" Thelma asked her

"Sure" she replied excitedly

Thelma smiled to herself and rushed off to the kitchen.

***** she almost fell from the cushion when her eyes opened,she hissed realizing she slept off while waiting for her husband, the television was switched off, she checked the time and it was 11pm,she moved the curtain to check if her husband's car was parked outside, she saw his car and went up to his room, she heard him speaking to someone on the phone, she tiptoed to his door and eavesdropped,

"I've made the necessary arrangements for the test to be done, i dont want them to know my plans, she doesn't know my plans either , i'll shock her with the news when the result finally comes out, i have sent everything to the doctor, and he said the result will be out next tomorrow, i'm tired, i'll call you back tomorrow, bye "he ended the call and covered himself with a blanket and laid down facing the ceiling,

" What test is he talking about?, what is my husband doing behind my back, i must find out what it is"she thought to herself

********* The ringing of her phone woke her up, she glanced at the phone and Sister Chinwe was calling, she quickly picked the call

"Good morning mrs Ufomba, i'm sorry for calling this early, please go to your husband right away, you will find out why he's been acting strangely " she said hurriedly

She jerked out of her bed with the phone still on her ear,

"Thank you sister" she said and the phone went dead, she quicky tied her robe round her waist and rushed out of the room

She tried to push her husband's door open when she stopped with her hand hanging on the air

"Doctor, we've been through this before, and i've told you that i'm conducting the test to be sure they're my children, you and i know the kind of life my wife once lived, i just want to be sure, you need to see how my brother told me to my face, that those children might not be mine, i'm ready for the outcome of the result"

She couldn't believe what she just heard, she pushed the door open and walked to her husband

"So you're doubting your children's paternity because of what your useless brother said," she threw at him

"Please, i will call you back later" he said to the doctor terminating the call

"Tell me one reason why i shouldn't doubt their paternity," he retorted

"So this is it, this is why you 've been acting strangely, i cant believe this, So this is how Gabriel wants to destroy my home, i' ll kill him before he kills me" she said running out of the room, she ran into Gabriel and seized him by his collar,

"You must kill me today oooo, kill me let me die, i have not done anything wrong to you, why do you want to destroy my family" she screamed at him beating him on his chest

"Stop it woman! stop it right now!" her husband fired at her

"Hold your wife ooo, eeehhhh, hold her ooo, i'm just ignoring her because she's your wife ooo" Gabriel warned

Mirabel rushed out of her room on hearing her parent's voice, she was shocked to see her mum fighting uncle Gabriel

"Mummy please leave him, he'll hurt you" Mirabel begged her mum who still held the collar of his shirt firmly

"For the last time, leave him alone woman!!!!!!" her husband thundered

"I will not, he should kill me ooo"
She yelled

Her husband slapped her hard on the face and everywhere was calm, Gabriel pushed her out of his way and went downstairs angrily murmuring some words, that was the first time her husband would raise his hands on her, Mr Ufomba couldn't believe he just hit his wife.

She held her cheek and hot tears fell from her eyes, Mirabel was sobbing, mrs Ufomba ran to her room and locked her door, Mr Ufomba felt miserable, he walked back to his room and slumped on the bed, Mirabel kept knocking on her mother's door until Ruth came and pulled her away.

********* The two sisters have been busy chit chatting and cleaning the house, Debbie have been expecting Thelma to be the first to tell her about her one week trip but she hasn't said anything about it, she decided to bring it up

"Thelma, i'm Ready to listen to your tale of one week trip"Debbie chipped in

"Are you ready for this?" Thelma asked her

"I'm ready oo"

"I met someone, but we're not together yet......" she paused

"and you think you're talking to a kid, you spent one week with someone you 're yet to accept"

"I'm sorry Debbie, the truth is that George is my boyfriend and i love him but i have other guys coming after me, i don't know what to do with them, i' m confused" she stuttered

"Quit beating round the bush........" the ringing of her phone interrupted her

"Oooops!!!!, Noel is calling, later abeg, i tire for you and your lies" she said to her sister picking her call.

She was so excited after answering the call that she forgot she was discussing with her sister

"I'm so happy, i'm finally meeting Joel's father today, Noel is on his way to pick me soon, i need to shower" she said excitedly rushing to her room.

8 Likes

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by urchman23: 8:50pm On Aug 11, 2017
This another mouth watering episode....
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
urchman23:
This another mouth watering episode....
LOL, always first to comment. Thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Dopeyomi(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
Awa madam on this again.. Thanks for the update..

Abeg shey we fit see one more update tonight i take God beg you..
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Awa madam on this again.. Thanks for the update..

Abeg shey we fit see one more update tonight i take God beg you..
I've been having headaches dear, that's why i haven't updated for days, i wish i could write more but my head is aching badly. Good nite dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Dopeyomi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
marianneada:
I've been having headaches dear, that's why i haven't updated for days, i wish i could write more but my head is aching badly. Good nite dear

Sorry about that.. take care of yourself pls..

You're really doing a great job..
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Healer007: 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
marianneada:

"Ok, i'll tell you but that will be tomorrow, i promise to tell you the truth"
"Are you sure about that?"
"Cross my heart, i'll tell you tomorrow,"
Tomorrow:
"Thelma, i'm Ready to listen to your tale of one week trip"Debbie chipped in
"Are you ready for this?" Thelma asked her
"I'm ready oo"
"I met someone, but we're not together yet......" she paused
"and you think you're talking to a kid, you spent one week with someone you 're yet to accept"
"I'm sorry Debbie, the truth is that George is my boyfriend and i love him but i have other guys coming after me, i don't know what to do with them, i' m confused" she stuttered
"Quit beating round the bush........" the ringing of her phone interrupted her
"Oooops!!!!, Joel is calling, later abeg, i tire for you and your lies" she said to her sister picking her call.
She was so excited after answering the call that she forgot she was discussing with her sister
angry
Thanks for the update
Una wicked for the suspense o angry angry angry
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 8:19am On Aug 12, 2017
*"Mrs ufomba ran to her room and locked the door,mr ufomba felt miserable,he walked to his room and slumped on the bed"*....i thought they should be sharing the same room since they are husband and wife......9ice one shaaa,keep it up
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Sylva2147: 11:24am On Aug 12, 2017
I wish you quick recovery my dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by bimberry1307(f): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2017
Their father should calm down until the test results are out.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by bimberry1307(f): 11:37am On Aug 12, 2017
what's with this Uncle G sef? he no fit mind his business ni? Thelma, I'm sorry for you. you won't know the value of what you have until you lose it.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Toyin223(f): 11:44am On Aug 12, 2017
marianneada:
Sorry Sister,God Is With U
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 11:47am On Aug 12, 2017
Toyin223:
Sorry Sister,God Is With U
Amen. Thanks dear
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 6:18pm On Aug 12, 2017
Queenitee, i hope you're ok, i haven't been seeing u around.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Kimkardashain(f): 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
Gosh i detest girls like thelma. acting all innocent.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by hebenz(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2017
In Ryback's voice 'feed me more'
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by adontcare(f): 11:29pm On Aug 12, 2017
Sorry about d headache. What a sensation! tongue DNA test will ease d tension in d house
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 8:44am On Aug 13, 2017
marianneada:
Queenitee, i hope you're ok, i haven't been seeing u around.
Queenitee hope u re fyn sha i haven't see u around for lng tym u did'nt return my mention also hope all is well sis
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by eROCK247(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2017
edwapkalmeed
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Tehmietee(f): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hmmmm speechless....... Dis is real gud
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2017
***** The clattering of the cutleries filled the dining, everyone ate in silence, no one was talking to each other, mrs Ufomba was busy picking her rice, her husband could barely lift his hand to put food into his mouth,continuously hitting his fork on the plate, Mirabel too was lost in her thoughts, playing with her fork and hitting it on the plate, Uncle G was the only one enjoying the meal, he finished his portion and glanced at the family, he shook his head and grimaced.

"Are you all going to waste your food?, If you knew you weren't hungry you would've stayed in your rooms" he said rudely to no one in particular

They all gave him a stern look

"Sorry ooo, Bia Mirabel, pass the stew to me"

She pushed the plate of stew to him and stood up to leave

"And who will finish your food for you, you wont leave here until you finish that food" Uncle Gabriel charged at her

Mrs Ufomba hit her hand on the table which made the plates and cups clatter loudly and everyone was startled

"Dont ever attack my daughter again, let the poor girl be!" she yelled at him

"I know you're looking for who to pour your anger on but i dont have your time, for your information, my wife will soon arrive and she'll teach you what you're parents failed to teach you" he threw at her

She bit her lower lip in anger

"I feel sorry for the woman that will accept you as a husband" she retorted

"I should be the one feeling sorry for you, because the world will laugh at you when the DNA result comes out" he fired at her

She stilled remembering that the result will be out the next day, and her husband have requested the doctor to bring the result to the house.

Her husband rose to his feet in anger, he could not stand their exchange of words.

"Ruth!!!!!!" he called the cook

"Sir!!!!!!!!!" she came running from the kitchen

"Take my food to my room," he ordered her and gave his wife and brother a scornful look before running up the stairs to his room.

******** "Daddy meet my girlfriend, Deborah Obasi, she's the one i want to......" Noel tried to introduce Debbie to his father but he cut him short

"Did i hear you say fiancee?, Hope this is not one of your pranks, this is the fifth........."

His wife chipped in immediately

"Errrrrmmmmm, Chief, Debbie is the one for him, they're inlove with each other, all they're asking is for our blessing and approval to move on to the next level" Noel's mum stuttered trying to cover up her son

"Woman, you know what i'm talking about, i'm not ready to break another innocent girl's heart again, do you know how many weddings we have cancellled with one excuse or the other?, your son is not yet ready for marriage, when he's ready i'll know" chief said angrily

"But chief, my son is old enough to know what he wants, you're embarrassing him infront of his guest" she said looking at Debbie who was sweating under the AC.

"Debbie,i liked you immediately i set my eyes on you, and i wont like it if my son breaks your heart, Have you sat down to study him and know if he's the right person for you, if you must know, he has another fiancee too, but she's not in the country right now, maybe he wants to have two brides on his wedding day, and you woman, you need to sit your son down and talk to him, he needs to grow up and know what he wants in life"his dad said angrily climbing the stairs

Hot tears fell down from Debbie's eyes, she looked at both mother and son and sighed

"Hey, Debbie please dont believe what my old man said, you're the one i love, i'm ready to marry you, i'm a changed person" Noel begged her

"Mother how could you? I took you like a mother but you allowed your son to play with my emotions knowing how much i love him" Debbie said to his mother amidst tears

"My daughter......." his mum tried calling Debbie, but she gave her a' dont talk to me look'

"Excuse me" she said running out of the sitting room, Noel stood not knowing what to do, his mother signaled him to run after her,he reluctantly ran out, but he was late as she had boarded a taxi home.

*********** Thank God Thelma wasn't at home when she got home, she locked herself inside and cried her eyes out, she remembered all the promises and the good times she had spent with him,her phone has been ringing but she doesn't want to pick it, Noel have been calling her but keeps on rejecting his calls, she finally switched off her phone and threw it inside her handbag.

*******,, Noel doesn't understand why his father exposed him,he knew he never wanted to marry Debbie, But he needed her around as she was good in bed, she is the only girl that knows how to Bleep him well, he has a score to settle with his dad for interfering in his personal life.

********** Debbie woke up the next morning feeling dizzy, she was shivering, she couldn't move her legs, she remembered she locked her door, she forced herself out of the bed and walked to her door, she opened it and slumped on her bed and slept off again.

Her mother saw her door opened and went in to check on her,

"Debbie, Debbie" she called her but there was no response,

"This is unlike Debbie, she wakes up early before her sister, but here she is still sleeping, hope she's not sick" she thought to herself

She went to her and touched her forehead,

"Oh my God!!!, Debbie your body is hot,"

Debbie opened her eyes and saw her mother staring at her

"I'll call the doctor at once" her mother told her

"Mum, i'll be ok, it's just fever" she said weakly
She watched helplessly as her mother spoke to the doctor on the phone.

She was forced to bathe and eat, the doctor arrived immediately and some drugs were administered to her, he told her mother to bring her to the hospital if the fever doesn't subside.

Before 2pm,she was hale and hearty,her mother stayed at home to take care of her, Thelma left early in the morning claiming she went to see a friend.

******** Everyone was looking at the elderly doctor who came with the DNA result, Uncle Gabriel was the first to come down Rapping and going round the house, Mrs Ufomba have been on the phone with sister Chinwe, Mirabel's heart was beating fast, you could see how worried her mother looked, she has emaciated within twenty four hours, mr Ufomba was calm, Uncle G finally settled down to hear the good news he's been expecting.

"Everyone is here except George," the doctor said

"He's preparing for his final exams and i dont want anything that will distract him" mr Ufomba replied

"Here with me is the result of the DNA test conducted in my hospital" the doctor said opening the brown envelope

He brought out the result and gave it to Mr Ufomba, he took his time to glance through it, and screamed

"What?!!!!!!!"

"Stop screaming and tell us what the result said, or give it to me" Uncle G smirked at him

He handed the result to him and stood up, he walked to his wife and knelt down in front of her

"I'm so so sorry sweetheart, i didn't know what came over me" he pleaded with tears in his eyes

Mrs Ufomba was crying uncontrollably, her husband held her on the knee.

"This is not true, you cant be the father of those children, i know how many men she slept with, this result is fake" Uncle G said angrily

No one paid attention to him,

"You can take my children to any hospital you want and have the test done again," mrs Ufomba managed to say

She stood up and thanked the doctor, her daughter ran into her arms and they cried together, her husband watched them climb the stairs and heard her shut her door.

Uncle G went to his room, packed his bag and left angrily.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by chisiudeh: 3:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Foolish excuse of an uncle. Joel is just a snake. Debbie and George might as well end up together.

More power to write. Happy Sunday to you.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by urchman23: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2017
Happy Sunday people have a blessed day...
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Pinkfeet: 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2017
grin grin grin grin
uncle G is packing out of the house, i think u said ur wife will teach mirabel wat her mother did not teach her. nonsense.

Debbie sorry henn
don't mind that stupid joel

1 Like

Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by adontcare(f): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
Joel is a player, Thank God mrs ufomba is vindicated. Poor Gerald. Debbie sorry for knowing d truth.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Dopeyomi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2017
Nice one.. thunder fire Uncle G..
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by Healer007: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2017
marianneada:

Uncle G went to his room, packed his bag and left angrily.
grincheesygrincheesy
Happy Sunday.... Thanks for the wonderful update
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by YINKS89(m): 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Still with team #debbie&George. Neva like Thelma she kan go to hell for all I care.
Re: SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada by marianneada(f): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2017
Healer007:

grincheesygrincheesy
Happy Sunday.... Thanks for the wonderful update
u're Welcome dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (64) (Reply)

Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment / Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.