Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) (55965 Views)

Nigerian Jollof Rice Tops Poll On As Roma's Official Twitter Handle / Photo Of Nigerian Jollof As Depicted By A Ghanaian / Tanzanian Lady: "Ghanaian Jollof Rice Is Better Than Nigerian Jollof Rice" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by jay2smart19(m): 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
lekjons:
so am I supposed to be happy or something
nop. its just am info not a cure for ur problem.
hope I hit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Boyooosa(m): 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
GHANA, WHERE UNA DEY cheesy
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Oselu28(f): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
shame on Ghana.....see the way I dey happy like say na better thing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by eyinjuege: 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2017
redsun:
The only thing that makes jellof rice tasty is the dangerous Maggis that are added to it. And the last time i check,MSG that is one of the key components of Maggi is banned as food additives in Europe because it's hazardous effects on health.

It is a simple food with very little beneficial nutrients. And I don't understand the hype about it.

Not true.

There are some secrets about making tasty, smoky jollof.

It's not by MSG..

Mbanu...

You can always have your veggies by the side for vitamins (carrots, peas, green beans, even add some small broccoli), some plantain for fibre, some grilled chicken/ beef in correct tomato/peppered sauce for proteins, lycopene from the tomatoes ( a good source of antioxidant against cancers, heart disease)

Haha, very rich. It's all about portions..
Small portions and you're good to go.
Beht, some sweet jollof rice will make you forget all about portions o. You will continue eating it till you almost want to burst. Kilode...

I

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by joeGH: 9:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
The truth of de matter is Ghana jollof was never presented for de contest.. Ghana jollof had run out wen the time eventually came for the # tasting n awarding of marks... Pls present de full story n not an extract!!!!
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
yorubas wining any competition since day one
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Henri8: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
So where the Bleep is that lair Mohammed?
Shame on him where ever he is right now.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by bluecircle470: 12:01am On Jul 10, 2017
Nigeria like no other. I hail thee! Proudly Nigerian

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Goldfaze1: 5:44am On Jul 10, 2017
tuscani:
Nice, stupid lier Muhammed said it was Senegalese that is better
ahh! Lier Muhammad you have lied in everything even the religion you practice lied that Jesus is not the son of God, you followed the path of lie from beginning.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Igweann979(f): 6:23am On Jul 10, 2017
Homeboiy:
wicked people

As I no eat this night

una won use this pix cause more hunger for me
grin grin grin sorryoooo e go better
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Eve62(f): 8:04am On Jul 10, 2017
lekjons:
how many Nigerian homes cook it exactly like that? grin

This one is part rice boy home made rice. It's always not dsame.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by tuscani: 9:20am On Jul 10, 2017
Goldfaze1:
ahh! Lier Muhammad you have lied in everything even the religion you practice lied that Jesus is not the son of God, you followed the path of lie from beginning.
The man is a disgrace. As for Jesus being the son of God, only the Holy spirit can reveal that truth, but unfortunately, these other faith lacks the holy spirit. Good morning bro
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by gemale(m): 11:01am On Jul 10, 2017
enemyofprogress:
story for the gods
With a monicker like yours, it is only expected that you would respond the way you did. Unfortunately, my story isn't for "the gods". It is for every concerned Nigerian who genuinely desires our nation's progress (which from your name you seem to be an enemy of). This nation is seriously sick & we, the citizenry have to resuscitate it before it dies.
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by Homeboiy: 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2017
Igweann979:
grin grin grin sorryoooo e go better

lol how r u?
Re: Nigerian Jollof Rice Declared Champion In Washington DC Jollof Festival (Pics) by XAUBulls: 10:36pm On Dec 25, 2023
BoneBlogger:
Nigeria Jollof has been declared the best in first ever Washington DC Jollof Festival. On July 2, 2017, Ms. Atinuke Ogunsalu of Queensway Restaurant & Catering in Maryland, US, became the winner of the first ever Jollof Hackathon presented by I/O Spaces during Jollof Festival In Washington DC. The event was organized by Afropolitan Insights.

Ms. Ogunsalu proved to all that Nigerians can indeed cook Jollof when she secured her country the win at the event. Her competitors at the event were Cameroon, Ghana, and Sierra Leone.

Each finalist was given five minutes to present their dish to the judges who based their decisions on participants’ presentation, taste, and originality.

Newly crowned #JollofFestival champion Ms. Ogunsalu told walked away with US$1000 co-working services from event partner I/O Spaces and an opportunity to become a Chef at Jollof Caviar; an upscale African Fusion Restaurant Opening in Washington DC in 2019.

https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/ms-atinuke-ogunsalu-wins-in-the-washington-dc-jollof-festival.html

Watch Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo5nFcmHBuo

Credit: Oral Ofori of TheAfricanDream.net
Bump.
That's interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What I got for #1800 versus how I prepared it. / Have You Ever Known Or Met Someone Who Could Eat So Much At A Sitting. / What Is So Special About The Bottle Of Azul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.