Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate (2737 Views)

Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? / Npower: Any Hope Of Getting December Stipend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by youngsahito(m): 7:09am On Jul 09, 2017
A friend of mine who is in finals in school is bothered about any hope of job for him with his third class grade.your advice is needed here.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by johnwizey: 7:27am On Jul 09, 2017
You sure say na your friend? Anyways, this is Nigeria with the right connection it is possible or better still, tell him to apply for all this military recruitments

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Welcomme: 7:36am On Jul 09, 2017
NpOwer..But no longer easy cuz first class graduates are struggling to get it.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:23am On Jul 09, 2017
Ur friend or u. U better talk true bro undecided

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Bakerdav: 9:05am On Jul 09, 2017
Enough hope,first are out dere without job, third class still hv leg Dan Dem,
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by gokuu(m): 9:18am On Jul 09, 2017
Your friend should have been more serious. Your friend should start networking and looking for connections, that's the only way he/she can survive.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2017
Enrol for ICAN during your service year, study hard, become a chartered accountant and all your sins would be forgiven. angry
While studying for ICAN, try as much as possible to get enough connections with the working class people in your lecture center. Be jovial, always sound smart, study hard, and be prepared to help/tutor your working classmates who don't have much time as you to study.
Infact, your easiet route is becoming a chartered accountant jare.

10 Likes

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by gokuu(m): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2017
LastMumu:

Enrol for ICAN during your service year, study hard, become a chartered accountant and all your sins, would be forgiven. angry
Ican can correct a 2.2, I'm not sure about a third class.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Laxy009(m): 9:37am On Jul 09, 2017
gokuu:

ICAN is not concerned about the class of grade you have. Since your discipline is Accounting you'll will be starting from Skills level and once you pass this level you write the last level or stage which is the professional level.

NB: You're to write 4 papers in Skills and 5 papers in professional.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 09, 2017
gokuu:

As long as you have a degree, whether pass or 3rd class or 1st class, you can write Ican. Just be sure your school is an ICAN accredited school, it's makes your ICAN journey faster. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by femi4: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2017
youngsahito:
A friend of mine who is in finals in school is bothered about any hope of job for him with his third class grade.your advice is needed here.
You sure say no be you?

ICAN is the way out but I doubt if e go fit pass ICAN

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by capsule(m): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2017
pls can a non-accounting grad put in for Ican, if yes, what does it entails?
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by gokuu(m): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
LastMumu:

As long as you have a degree, whether pass or 3rd class or 1st class, you can write Ican. Just be sure your school is an ICAN accredited school, it's makes your ICAN journey faster. Shikena.
You're not getting my point.

You don't even need a degree to write ICAN, all you need is O'level certificate.
What I am saying is that ICAN can patch up a 2.2 degree and get you in interviews, I do not think ICAN can do the same for a third class degree holder.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by gokuu(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
capsule:
pls can a non-accounting grad put in for Ican, if yes, what does it entails?
Anyone can do ICAN.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2017
gokuu:

You're not getting my point.

You don't even need a degree to write ICAN, all you need is O'level certificate.
What I am saying is that ICAN can patch up a 2.2 degree and get you in interviews, I do not think ICAN can do the same for a third class degree holder.

I know people who don't even have a degree, are chartered accountants and are already working. How about that?
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by gokuu(m): 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Laxy009:

ICAN is not concerned about the class of grade you have. Since your discipline is Accounting you'll will be starting from Skills level and once you pass this level you write the last level or stage which is the professional level.

NB: You're to write 4 papers in Skills and 5 papers in professional.
You're not getting the point. Its not simply about writing ICAN exams, the "person" wants to be able to get a decent job, anybody can write exams; getting decent employment is a different thing.

Your ICAN qualification can help patch up your 2.2 degree, I do not think it can make up for a 3rd class degree, good employers will probably not overlook the "3rd class"
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by gokuu(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
LastMumu:

I know people who don't even have a degree, are chartered accountants and are already working. How about that?

Work, is different from work.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Smeeky(m): 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
gokuu:

You're not getting the point. Its not simply about writing ICAN exams, the "person" wants to be able to get a decent job, anybody can write exams; getting decent employment is a different thing.

Your ICAN qualification can help patch up your 2.2 degree, I do not think it can make up for a 3rd class degree, good employers will probably not overlook the "3rd class"
what do you mean by good employers?...The only thing his grade can do is to limit him from some opportunities...it doesn't totally take him out of the job market.

There are employers who don't really care about your class of degree. What they want is someone who can get the job done.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Laxy009(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
gokuu:

Now i get your point. The class grade will only limit him for getting enough opportunities compared to peeps that has first class, second class upper and lower.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Bakerdav: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
In Nigeria today is not about grade ,if u like carry pass as long as dere is connection,so forget what are you pple saying self
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Laxy009(m): 3:34pm On Jul 09, 2017
Bakerdav:
In Nigeria today is not about grade ,if u like carry pass as long as dere is connection,so forget what are you pple saying self

We are talking about those that doesn't have connection here.
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Tizzyreal: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Are you a nice writer?, get paid $100-$300 per article. See seven Sites now hiring writers worldwide. Read and share http://theblueapplepath..com
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by paulGrundy(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2017
youngsahito:

Do lots of certification exams, M.sc, ICAN, ICSL, CFA e.t.c. A course mate of mine who graduated with 3rd Class now works in a bank (her 3rd job, purely on merit), meanwhile so many folks on a sharp 2.1 are yet to get their first job.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by youngsahito(m): 10:03am On Jul 10, 2017
paulGrundy:

Do lots of certification exams, M.sc, ICAN, ICSL, CFA e.t.c. A course mate of mine who graduated with 3rd Class now works in a bank (her 3rd job, purely on merit), meanwhile so many folks on a sharp 2.1 are yet to get their first job.
tnks but do you have any idea on ICSL fee?
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by pweetiedee(m): 11:39am On Jul 10, 2017
LastMumu:

why are you even replying him?
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by paulGrundy(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
youngsahito:
tnks but do you have any idea on ICSL fee?

No
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by category(m): 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Why do you have 3rd class? No be your mates get 2.1?
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by onlinesecret(m): 10:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
youngsahito:

guy, don't waste your time, go and learn barber, except if your father have a company to work because I can't invite you for interview talk of giving you an employment
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Mactee007: 2:01am On Jul 12, 2017
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Blue sea communication is a Nigerian company which deals in shipping, haulage and logistics, customs clearing/freight forwarding and warehouse management. The company was registered in 2013 and has its Head office in Apapa Lagos Nigeria.

JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer

JOB DESCRIPTION: To develop financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services; preparing growth plans; direct staff.

JOB SPECIFICATION
Required skills Computer literate, Fluent in linguistics, Communication speed and efficiency.
Qualification; 2:2 B.Sc. Accounting, ICAN/ACCA Certified, Proficient in Project Management and at least 5 years of experience.

EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: 14th July, 2017
NOTE: All C.Vs. should be submitted to blueseacom17@gmail.com.

BLUE SEA COMMUNICATION LIMITED
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by fcacfc(m): 6:37am On Jul 17, 2017
onlinesecret:

guy, don't waste your time, go and learn barber, except if your father have a company to work because I can't invite you for interview talk of giving you an employment

Go and learn barber

Go and learn barbing.

Do your homework well b4 mocking people
Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Apos2kay(m): 6:50am On Jul 17, 2017
I wonder how some guys reason, graduating with a third class doesn't mean he/she can't make it in life, we have alot of pple who graduated with the same class and are better off than pple with 1st or 2nd.. All u just have to do is to be focus, and pray... Even now adays searching for jobs or working under someone doesn't worth it, but starting a biz of ur own will be better.. Just remain focus and pray.. God help u

1 Like

Re: Any Hope Of Job For A Third Class Accounting Graduate by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 17, 2017
LastMumu:
Enrol for ICAN during your service year, study hard, become a chartered accountant and all your sins would be forgiven. angry
While studying for ICAN, try as much as possible to get enough connections with the working class people in your lecture center. Be jovial, always sound smart, study hard, and be prepared to help/tutor your working classmates who don't have much time as you to study.
Infact, your easiet route is becoming a chartered accountant jare.
Please how long will it take a Banking and Finance graduate to complete the ICAN exams.. and what is the range of cost?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Employee Salary Analyses In Nigeria For 2017 / Apply Teach For Nigeria 2018 Graduates And Young Professionals Fellowship Progr / Nestoil Limited Graduate Trainee Program (Engineering And Non- Engineering) 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.