Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? (22701 Views)

Third Class Graduates: How Do You Feel When Denied A Job Due To Class Of Degree / Can I Be Employed As A Full Time Staff With A 3rd Class Degree? / Masters Degree Holder Hunts For Job On The Street (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Hardex247: 9:25am On Sep 08, 2017
I graduated with a third class in Mathematics from the University of Ibadan. Do I still have a chance of getting a job? Please enlighten me. Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Limibanti(m): 9:32am On Sep 08, 2017
To be candid your chances of getting a good job is very slim, I will recommend that you venture into good self development programs, maybe you should look at IT, IT gives a room for you to show what you can do. It is better you start immediately and give it your all or start a business. Engage fully in that during your NYSC and grow in it. Or if you are well boxed up travel out for greener pastures. You stand a chance to be far better than those that will queue for the limited job. I am talking from experience, don't throw all your hopes on getting a decent job with that grade in Nigeria, you might be heart broken. Just learn from your past failures and do it big this time around.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by sulaimon22: 9:44am On Sep 08, 2017
Those who have 1st class and 2nd upper are even struggling to get employed. No company/school will want to employ u with ur grade unless u av Long Leg ( Connection) my advice for u is jst to go into ICT u can learn Digital marketing, graphic design, app development, or find some cash and invest in Agric business

Am a 2nd class upper graduate and still unemployed and dats wat am doing.. digital marketing+Plantain farming

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by tosbobby(m): 10:28am On Sep 08, 2017
As a man thinket...
Ask yourself, are you wise?
A 3rd class mathematics product of UI may be liken to 2.2 of most universities
1st class hasn't gotten a job, do you know favour might locate you.
Why building a low self esteem?
If evaluated, you could perform better than some 2.2 and 2.1 in the market because the quality of some of the products in the market are very poor.
Mathematics can be define as the process of demolishing a building without using a bulldozer. You are good jaree. grin
Do you know that some employers also understand that reason for low academic grade is not actually lack of basic knowledge about the discipline.
Some companies still absolve lower grades because one still need to undergo training on using their applications and other facilities.
Its only a numskull that can not get a job after attending a university[even a lucrative ones]. The only difference is the race. If other are running 1mile, you have to be ready to run 2miles.
I agree that 2.1 and 2.2 are popularly demanded in the market but not in every cases.
Have it in mind to enroll for PGD

Yes you can get a job if you have the right information.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by bodmas01: 10:48am On Sep 08, 2017
tosbobby:
As a man thinket...
If evaluated, you could perform better than some 2.2 and 2.1 in the market because the quality of some of the products in the market are very poor.
Mathematics can be define as the process of demolishing a building without using a bulldozer. You are good jaree. grin
Do you know that some employers also understand that reason for low academic grade is not actually lack of basic knowledge about the discipline.
Some companies still absolve lower grades because one still need to undergo training on using their applications and other facilities.
Its only a numskull that can not get a job after attending a university[even a lucrative ones]. The only difference is the race. If other are running 1mile, you have to be ready to run 2miles.
I agree that 2.1 and 2.2 are popularly demanded in the market but not in every cases.

God Bless You. I have a friend with third class in English from OAU and she works with a financial multinational company in Lagos. A job is definitely out there for you. Have a good mindset.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by OrdercityWeb: 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2017
Limibanti:
To be candid your chances of getting a good job is very slim, I will recommend that you venture into good self development programs, maybe you should look at IT, IT gives a room for you to show what you can do. It is better you start immediately and give it your all or start a business. Engage fully in that during your NYSC and grow in it. Or if you are well boxed up travel out for greener pastures. You stand a chance to be far better than those that will queue for the limited job. I am talking from experience, don't throw all your hopes on getting a decent job with that grade in Nigeria, you might be heart broken. Just learn from your past failures and do it big this time around.
OP listen to this man.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by xtivin(m): 2:35pm On Sep 08, 2017
With God nothing is impossible

11 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2017
tosbobby:
As a man thinket...

Thank you for saying the truth and encouraging the OP!

10 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by chloride6: 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2017
Job? Are you joking ? Of course, yes!

If by job you mean paid formal employment, then yes.

But you are going to have to really work for it.

You can always teach, 3rd class or not. Do you have passion for anything, because your passion, will carry you through this trying times.

Even first class sef dey find work so finding a job Will be a tad difficult. You may need to go and acquire a certification to give you an edge. You studied Maths, so you have a solid engineering/science background.

You have interest in computing, start looking for certification that position you towards becoming a network administrator. Computer related positions don't usually give a hoot about your grade.

If you have the resources, go-to faculty of Tech, Department of Industrial engineering , ask about their SAP TEP 10 program, that's a good place to start.

Anyway keep fit and stay good.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by PoisonedOne: 5:21pm On Sep 08, 2017
No! You don't need a job, most 3rd class graduates always end up creating jobs and employing others instead. They think they're not good enough to compete in the shrinking job market and tend to work towards establishing themsleves.

Don't bother yourself trying too hard to get a job thereby allowing other people to judge your intelligence and decide whether you're good enough or not (based on the fact you had a 3rd class). You can prove to yourself you're street smart and use your brain and work hard.

Some are good remembering what they're taught while others are good creating what to be taught. You can create what to be taught by working hard and smart to be successful ; I tell you solemnly, people will throng in droves to ask you how you became so successful. The true test of intelligence is not by being successful in school, it's by being successful in life.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by ThatCEO: 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
The problem is not your class of degree, the problem is that we often graduate from school without any skills. A first class is no better than you.

If you have a passion for coding, you can become a self taught web developer for free in 6 months. Let me see a company that will ask for your grades if u can deliver. Who grade ep?

21 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by swagguElite(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2017
bodmas01:
God Bless You. I have a friend with third class in English from OAU and she works with a financial multinational company in Lagos. A job is definitely out there for you. Have a good mindset.

Dude ...just because she got the job doesn't mean her degree gave her the job! ... Am not saying she fvcked her way thru ...she could hv _but it doesn't matter since they are some with poor degrees but you be surprised with the torque of exquisite use of english when they engage in serious talk!

sulaimon22:
Those who have 1st class and 2nd upper are even struggling to get employed. No company/school will want to employ u with ur grade unless u av Long Leg ( Connection) my advice for u is jst to go into ICT u can learn Digital marketing, graphic design, app development, or find some cash and invest in Agric business

Am a 2nd class upper graduate and still unemployed and dats wat am doing.. digital marketing+Plantain farming

I would advise Op to follow the words of this wise man!

5 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
What you studied and graduated has nothing to do with your success. In Nigeria they are two things involved
It's either you acquire other skills and get yourself useful or Get strong connection either private business o govt and your wahala is no more.
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by massive1019(m): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
boss forget about grade ooooo. BSc now school cert.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by HajimeSaito(m): 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Yes. A 3rd class job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2017
Here we go again. Third class.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by aflame100(m): 10:18pm On Sep 08, 2017
HajimeSaito:
Yes. A 3rd class job.
You Just Made A 3rd Class Comment!

36 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by ONYEKAfra(m): 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2017
Enter politics, Dino Melaye have third class like you. Today ruling the first class

4 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by MVLOX(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2017
tosbobby:
As a man thinket...

You have said it all..... I am a good example of this situation
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Maj196(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2017
Lol. Try and expand ur horizon.

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by lilmax(m): 7:48am On Sep 09, 2017
see question

1 Like

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Royalfurnitures: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes..

Check out my signature fir quality and durabke furniture
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Inogetwork: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes, as an agbero grin
On a serious note, yes. Though, too much emphasis is laid on graduating with first class and "two one", that doesn't mean third class graduates can't get a job.
Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Joseunlimited(f): 7:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Sounds like can my Nokia 3310 load a card?
Bros no be by grade o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by emymeeky: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2017
Yes. That grade you see is important but it doesn't define what you'll become. You have at least more 60 years to live on this earth and your 3rd class grade can never stop you from making the best out of it.

10 Likes

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by Acidosis(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2017
You can get a job, but not with your certificate

In fact, don't accept any job by reason of your qualification. Your employers will use that to their advantage and inflict you with esteem issues. It is better to outsmart them, leverage on your strengths and get a rare skill.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? by lelvin(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2017
Meet people and make connections. It's the only way

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Got This Invite ......please How Real Is It / Chat Between A Job Seeker And A Customer Service Assistant / See The Fake Job Invite My Mum Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.