Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church (24692 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by PointZerom: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2017
ok
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2017
The Redeemed Christian Church of God used 80,000 ushers and a 1,500 strong choir for the single night of Lekki '98 in December 1998. The church estimated the crowd at 6.5million instead of the expected 3million while CNN put it at 7.2million.

this is why they win elections... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Teaser4(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2017
Rubbish. scammers
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 09, 2017
13. The Nigerian Churches on the list are presided over by legitimized fraudsters (aka Corporate Yahoo boys) who play volley ball with the brains of the sheeple for the purpose of lining their own dirty pockets.

Now, that's the MOST IMPORTANT FACT right there. sad
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by elantraceey(f): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Yes. A bible one not a church one

Wow, the Christian is the church and the church is the Christian but since you don't even realize that I won't talk about it.

Lemme ask,,, Have you spent hours on your knees to pray for lost souls?
How well have you tried to affect positively the lives of the poor around you?
When last have you gone on your own to preach the gospel?
Can you be called a living Word yourself?

If your answer to any of this is no then please go do your part in the great commission and for heaven sake stop criticising those that are making an effort.

I rest my case, God bless you.

6 Likes

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by decrownprince(m): 11:29am On Jul 09, 2017
To God
johnwizey:
Winners dey pay tithe to Redeem, who redeem con dey pay to?
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by wintersnow(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2017
BleSSedMee:
Mormon Church

Never knew this. Thanks for sharing OP.

I see my church up there. *smiles*

Olumba or Jehovah's witness? grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by YNWA1: 11:40am On Jul 09, 2017
Yet to believe that number 11, a Church that does not collect offering and tithe?
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by banmee(m): 11:41am On Jul 09, 2017
VargasVee:
The only fact I do know is, church in Nigeria is a Business

Nothing else.

Churches anywhere in the world are business designed to enrich themselves and make sure the unintelligent remain unintelligent.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by YNWA1: 11:44am On Jul 09, 2017
N
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by seegi(m): 11:45am On Jul 09, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Yes. A bible one not a church one
Like dis, with all ur reply, u are saying d fact, bt dey will never accept
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by sainteve4r(m): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2017
if Pastor Adeboye is a yahoo pastor like some of you claim, with the millions of life he has impacted positively and many lives that are been blessed daily then let him continue to be. The man is a man of God either you like it or not.
Take time to attend the convention of the church by August and after it you can draw your own conclusion.

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by eyinjuege: 11:46am On Jul 09, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Do i need to be part of a team to know what's happening there? The result of their works is what we are basing our judgement on.

Missionary work is not only about preaching and sharing bibles it's about building schools, hospitals, empowerment, feeding the hunger and promoting other social works.

My grouse is the money the church rakes in cannot be felt by the common man around. Our Pastors are now billionaires and busy building mighty church edifice while the members are groaning under suffering

How much effect do you think can be felt from the tithes?
Do you know what it takes to build a single hospital and to run it? Much more expecting them to build hospitals in all communities. Same with schools. That's nearly impossible, especially for a largely populated country such a s Nigeria
Even countries that generate 10 times more cannot do what you're asking conveniently. It's not sustainable at the end of the day. In the UK, now you pay university fees whether citizen or not. They realised free uni wasn't sustainable. Even their NHS is facing crises because it's not sustainable.
Billions of dollars are used to run hospitals abroad, millions to run schools.
It definitely can't be free, as that's not sustainable. If you want it standard, you'll have to pay big at the end of the day. Some of the church universities are subsidised.
I know many people who the church has helped. Scholarships, hospital bills etc. The help cannot reach everybody, and that's the truth.
The only relatively sustainable thing any church can do these days is cooking in large bulk and people that are hungry can always come there daily to eat, but within a short time, that will also become unsustainable because everyone seems to be hungry in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by pepemendy(m): 11:49am On Jul 09, 2017
bunch of thieves

2 Likes

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 09, 2017
40 k churches instead of 40 k companies, no wonder unemployed people are all over Nigeria. Cave people.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by futurerex: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
Statsocial:

Lol I am going to find out soon. But I don't believe all Pentecostal churches in Nigeria practice this. This is probably limited to the Living Faith and the churches it mentors e.g Dunamix, Daystar, Pastor Ibieyomie's church.
Dunamis Int'l Gospel Center (DIGC) not Dunamix

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by VeniJu: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2017
BleSSedMee:
Mormon Church
Never knew this. Thanks for sharing OP.

I see my church up there. *smiles*
''Blessed Be''sad
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Yet some pastors, politicians and gullible Christians will scream on top of their lungs that there's an agenda to Islamise Nigeria. All i see here is a plot to Christianise Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 09, 2017
elantraceey:

Wow, the Christian is the church and the church is the Christian but since you don't even realize that I won't talk about it.

Lemme ask,,, Have you spent hours on your knees to pray for lost souls?
How well have you tried to affect positively the lives of the poor around you?
When last have you gone on your own to preach the gospel?
Can you be called a living Word yourself?

If your answer to any of this is no then please go do your part in the great commission and for heaven sake stop criticising those that are making an effort.

I rest my case, God bless you.
I'm talking about the church not me. I'm doing my best to everyone
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

Do you know what it takes to build a single hospital and to run it? Much more expecting them to build hospitals in all communities. Same with schools. That's nearly impossible, especially for a largely populated country such a s Nigeria
Even countries that generate 10 times more cannot do what you're asking conveniently. It's not sustainable at the end of the day. In the UK, now you pay university fees whether citizen or not. They realised free uni wasn't sustainable. Even their NHS is facing crises because it's not sustainable.
It definitely can't be free, as that's not sustainable. If you want it standard, you'll have to pay big at the end of the day. Some of the church universities are subsidised.
I know many people who the church has helped. Scholarships, hospital bills etc. The help cannot reach everybody, and that's the truth.
The only relatively sustainable thing any church can do these days is cooking in large bulk and people that are hungry can always come there daily to eat, but within a short time, that will also become unsustainable because everyone seems to be hungry in Nigeria.
they are supposed to be non for profit. If they can't do all these things for free then let them start paying tax or pack up.

What they are running is business.

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by VeniJu: 11:58am On Jul 09, 2017
Statsocial:
Pls anyone who has an idea or knows total number of churches in Nigeria should let me know. I was able to obtain the total number of denominations in Nigeria. But I couldn't get the number for all churches when you count them as individual entities. The best I could get from church leaders was the figure for Lagos. I ve been able to get the figures for US and other western countries but it is all meaningless if I can't get figures or estimates for total Nigerian Churches.
Based on statistics by the NBS, the total churches in Nigeria as at February, 19th was 32Million, 691 Thousand, 857... U can see things are boomings.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by thesuave10(m): 11:59am On Jul 09, 2017
VeniJu:

Based on statistics, by the NBS, the total churches in Nigeria as at February, 19th was 32Millions, 691 Thousand, 857... U can see things are boomings.

Total number of churches?? Or total members in churches??
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

What model did the missionary used to build us free education?

Do you know those institutions can be run on a volunteer basis and you ll never lack personnel if the people knw that working there is same as working in church.

It's achievable. Even a second ofgering in the whole RCCG worldwide every month can take care of salaries and pther things

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by thesuave10(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
ALL THESE FAKE ASS CHURCHES AND PASTORS,

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Sleyanya1(m): 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
Statsocial:
Pls anyone who has an idea or knows total number of churches in Nigeria should let me know. I was able to obtain the total number of denominations in Nigeria. But I couldn't get the number for all churches when you count them as individual entities. The best I could get from church leaders was the figure for Lagos. I ve been able to get the figures for US and other western countries but it is all meaningless if I can't get figures or estimates for total Nigerian Churches.

I guess it must be important to you, I pray you find an answer.

However for Nigeria, always avoid absolute answers.
This is because churches spring up everyday, irrespective of the space or place especially in the southern Nigeria.

Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by VeniJu: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2017
thesuave10:

Total number of churches?? Or total members in churches??
Total Numbers of CHURHES; sir. Not members.
Dis days, a man can easily convert his 1 room apartment into a church. Or rent a classroom in a school compound.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
NIGERIANS BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES, CREEDY, WICKED AND SELFISH Fools. The most religious nation, yet the most corrupt country. what an Irony! Ijust know my place is not in this miserable good for nothing country.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by thesuave10(m): 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
VeniJu:

Total Numbers of CHURHES; sir. Not members.
Dis days, a man can easily convert his 1 room apartment into a church. Or rent a classroom in a school compound.

The blood of jesus shocked
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by VeniJu: 12:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
thesuave10:

The blood of jesus shocked
The numbers of churches alone eclipse the total numbers of both schools & other industries combined.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by thesuave10(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
LET THEM CONTINUE BUILDING. THE DEVIL IS BUILDING CHURCHES, UNIVERSITIES, SCHHOOLS NIGHT CLUBS FOR THEM TOO IN HELL. grin grin
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
kiddoiLL:
Mormon isnt what you might be thinking, Mormon is the name of one of the Church's early prophet i think. Their members are always called to serve for a certain time, they believe everyone has to win a soul for the kingdom of God, and this is one of the most heart warming Church's i've been to. Besides LDS is the church with the best choirs in the world i think. They keep simple doctrines, no instruments except Organ on Sundays, their music pieces is always Hymns. I'm not a member but the church is really really good. This is not like our local churches dat wont teach you how to live or succeed in this life but give u prophecy upon prophecy without leading you. This is a church that'll teach you the word of God and still teach you how to farm and get products you need...LDS has a far wild mentality, maybe cause its a white man's church..i dunno but that Church is also top. My sister's been going to LDS from Very young age, and well last year i did with em and learnt bout em.

The owner of Coscharis is a member of this church.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kumuyi Takes Hope & Restoration Message To Yola Amidst Boko Haram Crisis (Photos / What Is Life? / Prophet Mezziah Mrakpor On Top Of A Table Preaching To His Members In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.