Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church (24686 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Deeper Life Bible Church: The Nigerian Church That Has Stood The Test Of Time / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by eyinjuege: 2:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I'm an usher in my church and i make out time for other groups to join and help out.

Wake up and be a bible Christian and not a Church Christian

My dear, you usher only on Sundays and mid week services in the evenings.Other groups you make out time for, when do they perform their activities other than weekend and evenings of weekdays? Or schools will only be opened weekends and in the evening for the volunteers?
Do you have a source of income? If you Do, how flexible is your job?
What happens during the day time when volunteer services are needed?
Churches setting up free schools and hospitals needing volunteers to do the jobs is a joke. Are you ready to stop working to volunteer to be a cleaner in the hospital during the day time when you're supposed to be earning your living? Are you saying Christian Drs/nurses/teachers/lecturers/pharmacists should stop their day jobs and become volunteers in the church 24/7. Do they start missing days at work to keep up with their own volunteer quota? Is that sustainable?
The missionaries of old got away with a lot of things. They taught the locals on how to take care of the sick, gave them basic education to educate others.
The world has gone beyond that now. You need certificates to be called a professional. Only certified Drs , ,nurses, teachers, lecturers can work in an't of such public services you expect the church to provide otherwise it becomes liable for any deaths that occurs in its hospitals.
Don't just talk the talk without thinking of the intricacies involved

2 Likes

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Generalyemi(m): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
kiddoiLL:
Nigga you keep shut if you dont know something. Mormon is a secret cult, you decide that based on the name. I have no business with you sha

otondo,,,get a copy of the book of Mormon and read,if u don't have,I can send u one,,,I pity ur ignorance, is infinite

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by eyinjuege: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
blueseacats:
they are supposed to be non for profit. If they can't do all these things for free then let them start paying tax or pack up.

What they are running is business.

Non profit or charity organisations worldwide have certain criteria they have to meet.
Has the various churches met those criteria?
There's a certain % that must be met before any can be called charity organisations. You don't have to give away 100% before you're seen as charity organisations.
Procedures must be put in place to ensure external auditors are invited to check the books of the church and see if they meet the criteria to be termed non profit/ charitable organisations. I'm not sure we have such bodies in nigeria, but there are abroad.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by redsun(m): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
That is why she pans out be be one of the most unreasonable countries in the world. Too many deluded minds.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by kiddoiLL(m): 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
Generalyemi:

otondo,,,get a copy of the book of Mormon and read,if u don't have,I can send u one,,,I pity ur ignorance, is infinite
oh i'll let you know i have the book of mormon... it's not my fault your sense of understanding is too low for you to comprehend the book

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by ndubueze92(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Yes. A bible one not a church one
Queen! your Majesty what is happening in Nepal? I heard the Christians there are suffering a lot of persecution?
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by phenase(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Godsgal:
is this church the same as 'church of christ?'

NO
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by phenase(m): 4:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
phillips1959:
The Mormon Church is an interesting one but in it there are more questions than answers.They have a temple which only approved church members can enter.If you do not get the temple permit you cannot enter there.You as an individual cannot go to their temple to commune with God.They have one temple in Aba.The temple is not everywhere.They also engage in the Baptism for the dead. Even if you die as a bishop in another church today,your baptism must be done in the temple by anyone else living on your behalf.On every Church building, instead of the cross of Jesus,they mount a structure which looks like a coffin.They can never explain its meaning to anyone.On top of this coffin is an image of a man with a sword.You have to study the structure closely to observe this.One is at Opebi..There is no cross on their structures and they have additional scriptures like Perl of graet Price AND bOOK oF Mormon.
Any one that has a better understanding of these practices of the church should let me know because I still admire the church.

FEEL FREE AND VISIT THE CHURCH ANYWHERE YOU SEE IT AND ASK ANY QUESTION BOTHERING YOU ABOUT IT

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by phenase(m): 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2017
kiddoiLL:
oh i'll let you know i have the book of mormon... it's not my fault your sense of understanding is too low for you to comprehend the book

Guy visit that church and learn better and don't be ignorant.

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Generalyemi(m): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
kiddoiLL:

they have eyes but dey can't c.have a nice day ,u and your sister ,good luck
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
ndubueze92:
Queen! your Majesty what is happening in Nepal? I heard the Christians there are suffering a lot of persecution?
Nke a o si na
Obu gini na eme ya
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by BiggieSmallsVI: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2017
All these and Nigeria is still like this ?

How many percent of the tithes is used for the poor and the medium church members.
The same churches these politicians go to when they are contesting is the same church that is keeping quiet with their eyes wide open. As a ladokite I've been on strike for most of my undergraduate career it's not like my church didn't have a school too but Popps can't afford it. But why would they voice out. Since they school they own with the seeds is 10times more expensive.

These facts is a scam .
It's not like they are changing Nigeria for good anywas
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
eyinjuege:

My dear, you usher only on Sundays and mid week services in the evenings.Other groups you make out time for, when do they perform their activities other than weekend and evenings of weekdays? Or schools will only be opened weekends and in the evening for the volunteers?
Do you have a source of income? If you Do, how flexible is your job?
What happens during the day time when volunteer services are needed?
Churches setting up free schools and hospitals needing volunteers to do the jobs is a joke. Are you ready to stop working to volunteer to be a cleaner in the hospital during the day time when you're supposed to be earning your living? Are you saying Christian Drs/nurses/teachers/lecturers/pharmacists should stop their day jobs and become volunteers in the church 24/7. Do they start missing days at work to keep up with their own volunteer quota? Is that sustainable?
The missionaries of old got away with a lot of things. They taught the locals on how to take care of the sick, gave them basic education to educate others.
The world has gone beyond that now. You need certificates to be called a professional. Only certified Drs , ,nurses, teachers, lecturers can work in an't of such public services you expect the church to provide otherwise it becomes liable for any deaths that occurs in its hospitals.
Don't just talk the talk without thinking of the intricacies involved
Most people don't understand what u just intelligently summed up.

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by poweredcom(m): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nigerian churches r bigtime biz centre
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by MssTee(f): 7:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
Godsgal:
is this church the same as 'church of christ?'

No it isn't. The full name of the church is, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. And I'm a proud member. smiley
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by MssTee(f): 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
Generalyemi:

OGA talk wat u know....Mormon is a secret cult...stop talking trash,greater percentage of d members don't even knw

I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints for almost twenty years now and I have not in anyway cone across anything occultic or demonic. In fact, I learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and i am richly blessed and edified each Sunday I'm opportuned to be in church. the church has helped me grow in a lot of ways and has helped me become self reliant. A lot of people say what they do not know, without ever visiting the church or attending a service. Visit a branch close to you and you will be enlightened. God bless you as you seek to know the truth.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by MssTee(f): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
kiddoiLL:
Nigga you keep shut if you dont know something. Mormon is a secret cult, you decide that based on the name. I have no business with you sha

Mormon means more good and doesn't in anyway mean the church is a secret cult.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by kiddoiLL(m): 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
MssTee:

Mormon means more good and doesn't in anyway mean the church is a secret cult.
you took it wrong..i was sayin dat to a guy here shouting Mormon is a secret cult
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by MssTee(f): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2017
kiddoiLL:
you took it wrong..i was sayin dat to a guy here shouting Mormon is a secret cult

Oh! okay. Sorry I misunderstood.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by phillips1959: 9:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
My Dear MSSTEE,
You claim to be a member of LDS but I am sure you have not observed closely the hidden questions without answers.
Look well, check the church buildings tops ,ask about baptism for the dead by the living and check the answers you get.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by Ymodulus: 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
MssTee:

I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints for almost twenty years now and I have not in anyway cone across anything occultic or demonic. In fact, I learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ and i am richly blessed and edified each Sunday I'm opportuned to be in church. the church has helped me grow in a lot of ways and has helped me become self reliant. A lot of people say what they do not know, without ever visiting the church or attending a service. Visit a branch close to you and you will be enlightened. God bless you as you seek to know the truth.

You must be rich and beautiful. i know there members are rich.
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:02am On Jul 10, 2017
And Bigard seminary is in Enugu
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by dorindaamara: 9:54am On Jul 10, 2017
MssTee:

I'm a member too �

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by dorindaamara: 9:56am On Jul 10, 2017
phillips1959:
The Mormon Church is an interesting one but in it there are more questions than answers.They have a temple which only approved church members can enter.If you do not get the temple permit you cannot enter there.You as an individual cannot go to their temple to commune with God.They have one temple in Aba.The temple is not everywhere.They also engage in the Baptism for the dead. Even if you die as a bishop in another church today,your baptism must be done in the temple by anyone else living on your behalf.On every Church building, instead of the cross of Jesus,they mount a structure which looks like a coffin.They can never explain its meaning to anyone.On top of this coffin is an image of a man with a sword.You have to study the structure closely to observe this.One is at Opebi..There is no cross on their structures and they have additional scriptures like Perl of graet Price AND bOOK oF Mormon.
Any one that has a better understanding of these practices of the church should let me know because I still admire the church.
this is beautiful
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by pheesayor(m): 3:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
Yes sir, Dr. Olukoya is a product of CAC
Statsocial:

Are you serious?
Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by DrayZee: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2017
eyinjuege:

A lot of things that worked decades ago cannot work again.
The population explosion(Nigeria and worldwide) is one thing to be considered. Population of nigeria was just 16 million in 1911. In 2017 it's about 170 million and still counting.
I repeat, it will be difficult to feel any missionary impact in terms of provision of public services.

Despite the budget of nigeria running into trillions, nobody is feeling the impact. Nobody has ever felt the impact.
Some of these churches do provide services the govt hasn't been able to cater for. It may be expensive, but it's still affordable for some. They still manage to meet some people's needs.
The children of the very rich and the lawmakers are schooling abroad, the children of some poor are schooling in covenant university for example. I really dont believe therea any middle class in nigeria. The gap is too much.

Nigerian universities are still one of the cheapest worldwide. Meaning the services provided by the faith based schools shouldn't be rubbished because it's not free. It's almost impossible to be free. Some of the students are on church scholarships btw to attend same schools. Millions of students write jamb to enter uni btw. How many of those millions do you think those schools can cater for since everyone will want to be a part of it?

Talking of volunteer services, are you ready to be a volunteer? How many volunteers services have you ever being a part of Personally?
Should they employ people not qualified to come and teach in the universities since they are volunteers? Or employ just anybody to come and provide the services of a Dr or nurse in hospitals? Don't the volunteers have families to feed also?
Most people that work in the church do so Sunday's, Saturday's, Friday night's or generally after work hours. Who will they be ministering to in the hospitals Or teaching at such hours?
Good post. You still have the energy to reply these kind of people. Ride on brother.
But dem still plenty oh, and dem no dey ever hear word.

So if you see any post like this that makes you question the person's sanity, just try and ignore. These people can drain you with their baseless arguments.

1 Like

Re: 12 Facts You Never Knew About The Nigerian Church by sekem: 4:41am On Jul 15, 2017
When it comes to religion, that's where you will see Nigerians carrying first anyhow

Surprisingly, upon all their religious mindset, corruption thrives like mad in the country

A case of fake people who will never practice what they preach

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Life? / Kumuyi Takes Hope & Restoration Message To Yola Amidst Boko Haram Crisis (Photos / His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.