Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet (2412 Views)

Some Things Car Dealers Do Not Tell Their Prospective Customers. / Naira Gain Against The US Dollar: What Will Happen To Greedy Car Dealers? / List Of Reputable Auto Dealers On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by CarlJhonson: 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
davodyguy:
I'm compelled to open this thread, owing to what I've experienced in the last couple of days, in my quest to get a replacement car for my wife.

I'm looking for a 2008/2010 accord, in a pristine condition and willing to go as high as 2m, if the car qualifies to be called 'buy and drive.

Started checking online adverts on Nairaland, olx and

I'll see tags like
Super clean registered accord
Extremely clean Accord
Buy and drive,
Nothing to fix
6 months registered
Owner relocating abroad
Selling to upgrade
First body
New tires etc
And so on.

I actually found a couple, and after first calling, thereafter pressing them to speak the truth, they'll still stand by the fake tags put in the advert.

First was Benin, Edo state. After going down to see the car, shown in the ad very clean, we found the body dented, torn seats, dirty interior, and series of codes after diagnosis.

Yesterday, Saturday 8/7/2917 had to go check one after seeing the ad on olx and jiji.
The guy claimed the car was 9 months registered and nothing to fix.

Got to the car, found different colour on body parts. Fender paint, darker than the door colour, showing one part had been worked on.
Scanned the car and found 2 codes. One related to O2 sensor, the other related to coolant issue.

The selling is actually the 3rd user in Nigeria. I engaged the gear and found faulty engine seat. Ac not working and all 4 tyres are bad. Imagine this guy insisting on 1.7m for the over used 2009 accord.

Yesterday, I just gave up.

These car dealers really need to know the meaning of buy and drive, as well as nothing to fix.

Whilst some of these cars are 'buy and drive'. Buy and drive in the sense that, after buying, you will drive them away from where you bought them, they're are not in extremely good condition.

People should be honest.

Not saying you expect a Nigerian used car to be like brand new or like Tokunbo, but at least, you can say the truth to the public, instead of deceiving them in order to lure them to buying bad cars at very expensive prices.

For instance, the 2009 accord that I inspected, shouldn't exceed 1.4-1.5, having being over used by 3 different people in Nigeria. But this greedy guy was insisting on 1.7m for a car, he bought from second user lesser than 1.7m.

Only if owners can come out to put their ads themselves and not give cars to unscrupulous dealers.

90% of car ads on Nairaland Auto section, olx and by car dealers are filled with elements of lies.

One would only be hopeful to find the remaining 10% that are honesty in all intent.

You say 90% of the lies. Perhaps in search of a cheap car you get what you deserve.
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by Gobhanky: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
Always buy tokunbo
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by davodyguy: 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
CarlJhonson:

You say 90% of the lies. Perhaps in search of a cheap car you get what you deserve.

Search of a cheap car? You are absolutely clueless about who's behind my handle.

You may wish review my post again and this time, carefully

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
davodyguy:

Search of a cheap car? You are absolutely clueless about who's behind my handle.

this is one mistake people make here on NL, my brother this a forum and nobody cares who's behind your handle or mine, when you registered you threw that away. You can counter and be countered even by a 10 year old with a phone and internet connection. Please be guided.

You can only choose to ignore mentions not worth your time and personality not trying to tell a faceless stranger who you are, cos you don't also know who he is. Peace!!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
obinna222:
In all honesty, being a seller and a buyer, I have personally witnessed a lot of crap cars online. I have had to fly from ph to Lagos on 2 occasions only to discover that the vehicles are not even worthy to be driven in Lagos not alone to drive to ph.

Now, the other side of the story is that as a dealer and a seller, I go as far as servicing the vehicles and ensure they are in a buy and travel condition. I also go as far as getting new tyres if need be. My focus in business is to build, retain and expand business relationship. Many others are simply interested in collecting money today and it ends there.

Those who know me on this forum would attest to this.

However, there are still the bad eggs amongst us. That's why you need to apply due diligence in all your business dealings.
your Phone number Sir
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by davodyguy: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
desquad:
this is one mistake people make here on NL, my brother this a forum and nobody cares who's behind your handle or mine, when you registered you threw that away. You can counter and be countered even by a 10 year old with a phone and internet connection. Please be guided.

You can only choose to ignore mentions not worth your time and personality not trying to tell a faceless stranger who you are, cos you don't also know who he is. Peace!!
Such faceless stranger who wants to respond to a post is expected not to lose consciousness, by being at least reasonable when posting.

Mind you, sanity is tested by the mind, cause what comes in the appearance, is as a result of thoughts. Though some thinking are misguided and not deep enough.

Similar emphasis is drawn from the subject of this discourse
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by rickkychidex111(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2017
davodyguy:

In case you still need a good ride for your wifeeee... ..can u get her this:

2013 Hyundai Elantra. 17000km mileage, price 2.5m....Location ikeja. Have a couple of others as well. You can check my threads. Thanks
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by davodyguy: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
rickkychidex111:

In case you still need a good ride for your wifeeee... ..can u get her this:

2013 Hyundai Elantra. 17000km mileage, price 2.5m....Location ikeja. Have a couple of others as well. You can check my threads. Thanks

Thanks Bro.

But in this life time, its Honda product.

I4 engine 2.0 or 2.4l EX or LX
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by rickkychidex111(m): 8:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
davodyguy:

Thanks Bro.

But in this life time, its Honda product.

I4 engine 2.0 or 2.4l EX or LX

Alright. You're welcome.
A Honda product.. ...have one on the island but don't know if it's sold though. Or if maybe you've checked anyone on the island. We can talk on whatsapp though.
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by davodyguy: 8:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
rickkychidex111:

Alright. You're welcome.
A Honda product.. ...have one on the island but don't know if it's sold though. Or if maybe you've checked anyone on the island. We can talk on whatsapp though.

Not yet.

My office is on the island as well
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by rickkychidex111(m): 9:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
davodyguy:

Not yet.

Alright. My digits
By God's grace we can work something.
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by princetom1(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2017
davodyguy:

Not yet.

Hmnn, the person above u dey mention. Just open 1 of ur eyes even wen u dey sleep. U dig?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by kingreign(m): 8:21am On Jul 11, 2017
davodyguy:

Not yet.

Bros,

Thread with extremely great caution!

Word on marble.
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by davodyguy: 8:27am On Jul 11, 2017
kingreign:

Bros,

Word on marble.
princetom1:

Hmnn, the person above u dey mention. Just open 1 of ur eyes even wen u dey sleep. U dig?

Many thanks bros
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by rickkychidex111(m): 1:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
princetom1:

kingreign:

Bros,

Word on marble.

I think this needs to be addressed. Which issues do U guys have with me? I don't even know u guys.....we haven't done business what so ever......we haven't met in person.....you don't know me.....so why trying to spoil my name and tarnish my image? What sort of rubbish is that.

Anyway anything u humans sow.....u will reap in thousand folds. If you guys derive joy/happiness in bringing people down and spoiling their name then you're about to meet with the calamity/doom of your lives.

That's all I will say for now.
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by kingreign(m): 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
^^^^ Wetin this one up there dey yarn? See opata you dey yarn sef undecided
Re: Beware Of Lying Tongues Of Car Dealers On The Internet by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks fir the info

(1) (2) (Reply)

Super Clean 2004 Honda Accord Eod. Sold! Sold!! / Foreign Used 2012 Highlander Limited Edition / 2 Unit Of Toyota Corolla 06. 1.8m price drop sold sold sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.