Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Nigerians, Can We All Get Along? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Can We All Get Along? (257 Views)

Bullion Vans: Ozekhome Says Nigerians Can Demand For Tinubu's Investigation / Saraki: How Nigerians Can Prevent Election Rigging / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians, Can We All Get Along? by Naijiant: 1:54pm On Jul 09, 2017
An impassioned plea from a detribalised Igbo man.

I was born before the Nigerian civil war. As a growing child, I knew when the war started, when the fighter and bomber jets took over the skies and the troops marched by, when my uncles and elder brothers were conscripted into the Biafran Army at the time ... And the mayhem continued until the ceasefire three years later in 1970.

Actually I was so young then that I could not fathom the events that culminated in the war. But I witnessed the part that occurred in my area particularly around Port Harcourt, Aba, Umuahia, Nkwerre, Uga, etc and finally, Enugu as my family was scampering for safety and survival when the cities were besieged by the war. Some of my uncles and brothers did not survive the war, so also were many other civilians who died as a result of hunger and starvation.
Read on: https://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/nigerians-can-get-along/
Re: Nigerians, Can We All Get Along? by Cooly100: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2017
"..Anyone who thinks Nigeria can stick together is either a fool or an enemy of the country.." — Falae

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Can We All Get Along? by OreMI22: 1:59pm On Jul 09, 2017
How do you expect Nigerians to get along if some people think others are their slaves?

It will naturally result in a freedom struggle for the slaves to free themselves from the rule of their self styled "masters".

Everyone must be free to govern themselves and develop at their own pace, then they will get along. Unfortunately, it will never happen because the so called "masters' are determined to hold the slaves in bondage and continue exploiting and oppressing them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Assures Nigeria Of Commitment In Recovering Stolen Assets By Corrupt Official / Lasg Floats Community Themed Tv Platform / Oyo State Government Distributes Free Fertilizers To Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.