Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,681 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard (38233 Views)

Firstbank Introduces Contactless Naira Mastercard / Central Bank Lifts Foreign Exchange Market With $210m / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Jsaviour(f): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by peacemara54(m): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] Check my signature
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Jsaviour(f): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
What are people saying here. Which black market is 390? . Black market is 367 that was what I bought lastweek. So if gtbank sell at 390, then it's better to buy from Mallam.

3 Likes

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by bigtt76(f): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
We don vex ....we nor want again sef! Make den block de tin sef tongue

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by bigtt76(f): 4:38pm On Jul 10, 2017
Last last den just want make people patronize their dollar card shaaa grin

Jsaviour:
What are people saying here. Which black market is 390? . Black market is 367 that was what I bought lastweek. So if gtbank sell at 390, then it's better to buy from Mallam.

3 Likes

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2017
dumo1:

And you still dey there dey suffer in silence? You haven't shut down your account with them?

My broda which time man get to dey go dat bank? When you enter dat bank and see crowd you will wonder if pple are really hungry in this country cheesy

3 Likes

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by vikstandon(m): 4:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
veekid:

If this your guy takes all this food and look lekpacious more than I do...Then he must be running a faster metabolism and really needs prayer
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
abhosts:
Useless Nigerian Banks. They now want to Increase demand for Dollars so that there would be scarcity again.

CBN should do something to curb these savages or else Naira would be back to N500.

bobowaja:

Thank God someone's thinking aligns with mine. These banks are killing the economy. Imagine encouraging another stress and strain on naira that is still trying to breathe.

CBN SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!
Sorry can you explain how it would increase the demand for dollars let me learn cos I don't understand​ it.
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by oodua1stson: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Good.

But at what rate?
na the koko be that oo
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by punche(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
fuckerstard:
Does this mean i can now use my debit card on Android Playstore?

I just did and but didnt work...........
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Emmyk(m): 5:09pm On Jul 10, 2017
Bring it back to what it was before the restrictions - #320 ; February 2017.

That's right. cool
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by jesufifunmi: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Stelvin101:

You just read my mind. Nigeria banks are really killing this nation. Diamond bank will not kill me one day with N50 stamp duty charges they will collect more than 5 times a month. Thunder fire all of them! angry
Did you say 5 times? Mine is on every transaction o. About 20 times a month. I am closing that account soon.
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Alphacom(f): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2017
Good move by GtBank. Kudos.
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by bobowaja(m): 5:52pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ontarget:

Sorry can you explain how it would increase the demand for dollars let me learn cos I don't understand​ it.

People will deposit more naira in their naira account in hope to exchange for dollar and funny enough every single dollar spent outside this country is been paid for by the CBN. How can a country grow, when spending resources outside is been encouraged that spending within? If GTB can sustain this new policy for just three weeks, dollar/naira may soon climb N500/$.

This is a simple law of " Demand and Supply "
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 10, 2017
punche:

I just did and but didnt work...........

What was the error?
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Jacosky(m): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What's the essence when they charge at the black market rate.

GTBank really pisses me off on fx transations.
It takes forever to even raise an ordinary Form A there?
No, they don't charge the black market rate, they charge above it. There's practically no use in increasing the limit if one will prefer doing business with the BDCs because their rates are cheaper.

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by TunnyOgunnowo(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2017
GT Bank Lifts Restrictions and Limitations on Its Naira MasterCard

See > http://www.absolutehearts.com/2017/07/gt-bank-lifts-restrictions-and.html
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by ponti93(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
Wow, now i can myself the xiaomi mi mix... That i have been eyeing for a long time.
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Did you say 5 times? Mine is on every transaction o. About 20 times a month. I am closing that account soon.

Lmfao. Diamond bank will not kill us cheesy
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by googlepikins: 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2017
Bossforeva:
Yes
say what you've tested before, cos I just tried it and it doesn't still work
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by tuscani: 8:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Presently I can assure you that the rate is worse than black market. Use the card at your peril
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by 2sexycom(m): 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Emmyk:
Bring it back to what it was before the restrictions - #320 ; February 2017.

That's right. cool
you no send us again abi? I emailed, I called, no response, no pick. undecided
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2017
I want to know if PayPal could be assessed now
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Inception(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2017
bamidelee:
I want to know if PayPal could be assessed now

Yes it can . I was charged 379
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 11, 2017
Inception:

thanks
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 11, 2017
Inception:

so they're no more charging 320/1$ again
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by Bobbyrobby1(m): 6:51am On Jul 11, 2017
does it mean that we can use PayPal now?
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by joy2000: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2017
what about PayPal? is it working with it? I mean those of us that we link this GTB card to PayPal, has it been lifted for PayPal too? thanks.
Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by breezeng: 7:42am On Jul 11, 2017
Good information. But dollar rate still high at GTB. The transaction I maid yesterday was 379. Access 375. CBN should please do something about this

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Lifts Restrictions And Limitations On Its Naira Mastercard by olahero(m): 7:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Inception:

it's GTBank or which bank? And when did you do d transaction?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of A University Graduate Selling Moimoi (pic) / Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / #Xenophobia; Tight Security At Shoprite Lekki As Shop Owners Count Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.