Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. (4857 Views)

Through Thick And Thin: A Great Lesson From Prophet Ayoob / 10 Amazing Miracles Of Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) / 34 Inspirational Quotes By Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Maybe we can churn something out today.

@tintingz

Why is there any world at all, and why is it the way that it is?
Answer: It can be accidental but as of now I don't really know, the same question goes why are there faults and flaws in God's "perfect" creation?
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Rilwayne001: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
tintingz:
Answer: It can be accidental

How can it be accident? Can accident be caused by nothing? The question remains?
why is there existence at all? and unless you have an answer to this question, you have no reason whatsoever to deny the existence of a supreme supernatural entity aka God.

If nothing existed besides the sorts of things we find in the world, there would be no explanation of why these things exist.

but as of now I don't really know,

You don't know and yet you are denying the existence of God?

the same question goes why are there faults and flaws in God's "perfect" creation?

Let's take it one after the other brother.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tbaba1234: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tintingz needs 2 things, sincerity and intellectual humility.

Until then, it does not matter how many arguments you throw at him. He does not even realise when he says dumb things.

May Allah forgive and guide him.

4 Likes

Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Rilwayne001: 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
tintingz:
No, it is not off point, it is part of the God you quoted to threaten people.

I suppose we are trying to establish whether God exists or not, aren't we?
Take note that if we are to delve into this now, we will be derailing the argument. So therefore let's not derail.

So if I admit there is an evidence of a deity, gods how will that link to your own god? undecidedAre you arguing for deism or Islam?

We take it one after the other. First, we have to establish that God exists before coming to which is which.

Where is the evidence first cause is eternal?

It's this: something must bring about something but then, that at first glance, there's two possibilities: either we eventually reach the first event, the cause at the beginning of the universe that set everything going, or there is no first event in the series and the past stretches back into infinity. Take note that the latter isn't possible.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Rilwayne001: 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
tintingz:
I'm not going about saying there is no supernatural, what I'm saying is there is no evidence for it, no one has been able demonstrate it successfully. I believe some things can't be explained doesn't make it supernatural, we simply don't know yet and I believe many of these so called juju are magic tricks.

Not only Christians, it is common among religious folks and when they fail they give apologetic excuse.

I am even planning to go for paranormal and supernatural research, broadcasting it in open/public, I just need time and capital.

But are there not paranormal and supernatural challenges conducted for years?

Here is a video of this man probably atheist, challenging india guru priest to proof his supernatural power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfJPYzxHM4g&t=218s

Here is an article on supernatural challenge that was failed, not successfully proven, this is from 1964 to 2015.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

Brother, if truly you want to see the truth and see proof, then get off the Internet and go to OTOKO in AbK as suggested by haffaze777. Asking for proof of supernatural is insincerity and at the same time nonsense. You know can't get one here and you are asking for it. You know where to get yet you won't go there. Smh..

1 Like

Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by haffaze777(m): 1:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Brother, if truly you want to see the truth and see proof, then get off the Internet and go to OTOKO in AbK as suggested by haffaze777. Asking for proof of supernatural is insincerity and at the same time nonsense. You know can't get one here and you are asking for it. You know where to get yet you won't go there. Smh..

I will personally accompany him to itoko or Igboora in Oyo state
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 1:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

How can it be accident? Can accident be caused by nothing? The question remains?
why is there existence at all? and unless you have an answer to this question, you have no reason whatsoever to deny the existence of a supreme supernatural entity aka God.
One of the explanation by physicists and cosmologists is the quantum vacuum is "nothingness" and everything came from quantum vacuum.

So why can't I deny existence of a deity or gods? Where is the evidence any of them exist? And you haven't tell me how your proof of a deity link to your god, don't forget we have thousand of gods out there.

If nothing existed besides the sorts of things we find in the world, there would be no explanation of why these things exist.
We haven't finish studying everything about life, we are progressively getting there.

So the question will now be why are we existing? Why does a God want us to exist and where does this God came from?

You don't know and yet you are denying the existence of God?
Is there is anything wrong with "I don't know"?, I'm not denying the existence of a supreme entity, I only need proofs, but definitely so far, personal gods don't have proof for their existence.

Everything about a deity exist or does not exist are all still speculations, the more reason I'm agnostic about it

Let's take it one after the other brother.
OK, grin
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 2:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
tbaba1234:
Tintingz needs 2 things, sincerity and intellectual humility.

Until then, it does not matter how many arguments you throw at him. He does not even realise when he says dumb things.

May Allah forgive and guide him.
What's this baba saying? undecided

Why not respond to the "dumb things" I said and stop acting like supreme asz here.

May spaghetti monster forgive you and guide you.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tbaba1234: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
tintingz:
What's this baba saying? undecided

Why not respond to the "dumb things" I said and stop acting like supreme asz here.

May spaghetti monster forgive you and guide you.

That's the thing, responding to dumb things validates them.

I could have a conversation only if the other person is willing to listen and reason. There is a difference between a genuine seeker and a debater.A debater looks to refute. A seeker thinks deeply and responds from that place.

A few years ago, a muslim sister on nairaland had similar challenges with faith. She was at the beginning stages. We met off nairaland and had a conversation about these issues. Alhamdulillah, it helped her through and i believe she is in a better place now.

I have grown past having these debates on nairaland because it often becomes an ego contest.

Like i said, sincerity and intellectual humility. Do not regurgitate, think and ponder.

3 Likes

Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

I suppose we are trying to establish whether God exists or not, aren't we?
Take note that if we are to delve into this now, we will be derailing the argument. So therefore let's not derail.
No, before you wanna argue about god with me, you have to state which god you're trying to proof, are you on Islam side or deist side?

We take it one after the other. First, we have to establish that God exists before coming to which is which.
OK, let's see how it goes.

It's this: something must bring about something but then, that at first glance, there's two possibilities: either we eventually reach the first event, the cause at the beginning of the universe that set everything going, or there is no first event in the series and the past stretches back into infinity. Take note that the latter isn't possible.
How isn't it possible, where Is the evidence it is not infinite?

The universe has not been fully studied yet, we don't know if the universe is infinite or finite, all we read are speculations, if there is a first cause, what cause the first cause and how does the first cause link to a god or does this first cause personally talk to you he's so so god?

The funniest thing about theist/religious folks is that things or phenomenon that are yet to be explained are already classified as god(s) and they ascribe different superstitions and myths to these gods, the deist said their god created them and left, Jainism doesn't believe in a creator but believe in human-souls transform into gods, so many beliefs that it making everything confusing.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
tbaba1234:

That's the thing, responding to dumb things validates them.

I could have a conversation only if the other person is willing to listen and reason. There is a difference between a genuine seeker and a debater.A debater looks to refute. A seeker thinks deeply and responds from that place.

A few years ago, a muslim sister on nairaland had similar challenges with faith. She was at the beginning stages. We met offline and had a conversation about these issues. Alhamdulillah, it helped her through and i believe she is in a better place now.

I have grown past having these debates on nairaland because it often becomes an ego contest.

Like i said, sincerity and intellectual humility. Do not regurgitate, think and ponder.

k undecided

According to my philosophical reasoning, there is nothing like dumb question, you either respond to the "dumb question" or ignore.

You already acted like an ego asz(no offense) when you gave a fallacious "dumb thing" statement.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Rilwayne001: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
tintingz:
One of the explanation by physicists and cosmologists is the quantum vacuum is "nothingness" and everything came from quantum vacuum.

Lol. What are you saying? So this is as a result of the accident you suggested earlier on? And besides, do you subscribe to this theory?
Hopefully you won't delve into what you don't know.

So why can't I deny existence of a deity or gods? Where is the evidence any of them exist? And you haven't tell me how your proof of a deity link to your god, don't forget we have thousand of gods out there.

Off point.

We haven't finish studying everything about life, we are progressively getting there.

Then you need to keep studying instead of coming out discarding what you don't know.

So the question will now be why are we existing?

This is exactly my question which you have been evading so far.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Rilwayne001: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
Tintingz, I think I will have to create a new thread as I can see that you are trying to mix things up.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Lol. What are you saying? So this is as a result of the accident you suggested earlier on? And besides, do you subscribe to this theory?
Hopefully you won't delve into what you don't .
I said everything might have come as a result of accident, we don't really know and you asked can accident be caused by nothing and I gave a theory which is quantum vacuum(nothingness), we don't know yet why these things happen, what else do you want to hear? Is singularity and big bang not part of the theory?

There are no certain explanation to all these yet, until there is, I will be agnostic about it than going about saying it is an imaginary personal god(s) work with superstitions surrounding it.

Then you need to keep studying instead of coming out discarding what you don't know.
It is not about discarding, it is about the ridiculous things in religious beliefs.

Why does thunder and lightning strike, oh it is from Zeus, oh it is from thor, oh it is from sango when he's angry, oh Allah is the source bla bla bla. God-of-gap mongers. grin

This is exactly my question which you have been evading so far.

Lol, how many times will I say I don't know yet? I'm agnostic about it, even religious people are given different bullshit why we're existing. All I know is people should define why they exist by themselves not some beliefs dictating it with threats.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Empiree: 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
How I wished this conversation continued in lanrexlan's thread. Mr. Tin is unbelievably incredibly undecided
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Tintingz, I think I will have to create a new thread as I can see that you are trying to mix things up.
good idea.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 3:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Empiree:
How I wished this conversation continued in lanrexlan's thread. Mr. Tin is unbelievably incredibly undecided
Which thread, let me see.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

I will go when the time comes but what happens when all supernatural challenge conducted failed. cheesy
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Empiree: 4:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by Teetotaler: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
tintingz:
Your thinking is very irrational, if you do not believe you ancestors existed, then how did you came to be? You fell fron the sky? undecided.
I am talking about your own ancestors though, cos I have evidence of mine but not of yours.
How much rational can I get?

Your gene, DNA is a physical evidence of your ancestors, you don't need pictures to prove a thousand years people..[/quote]
Gene, and DNA are not physical evidences duhh.
I thought u were the one making allegations about Musa, Muhammad and co not having pictures to verify their existence.
Now you know pictures are not needed to prove existence of a thousand years people and I agree.

If you have anyone to be Moses or Muhammad genetical link, you can provide them with scientific evidence. Although there are physical evidence of Muhammad(still a debate tho).[/quote] Really bro, show me scientific evidence and the genetic tree of your family ancestry from your progenitor till now.
There is genealogical tree of d prophet though.

TingTinz How do I quote each questions raised correctly?
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Teetotaler:
I am talking about your own ancestors though, cos I have evidence of mine but not of yours.
How much rational can I get?
I've evidence of my ancestors, I'm the evidence.

Gene, and DNA are not physical evidences duhh.
Like seriously? What do you understand by physical evidence?

I thought u were the one making allegations about Musa, Muhammad and co not having pictures to verify their existence.
Now you know pictures are not needed to prove existence of a thousand years people and I agree.
Where did i said pictures as Moses, Muhammad physical evidence? Please point out where I said that.

When I talk about providing evidence of these ancient people, I'm talking about archaeological evidence, physical evidence and what I meant by physical evidence is not their pictures, camera doesn't exist then so where do you expect experts to see pictures of these people?

Really bro, show me scientific evidence and the genetic tree of your family ancestry from your progenitor till now.
There is genealogical tree of d prophet though.
I don't think my ancestors were popular figures, if you want me to provide genetic tree of my family ancestry, that will cost a lot.

Yes, there are genealogical family tree of Muhammad, I didn't deny that, even there are people that are said to be his descendant.

TingTinz How do I quote each questions raised correctly?
Very easy.

highlight the part you want to quote and you will see a 'quote' icon at the top of the diagram, but this doesn't work well on mobile.

So on mobile, you will type [quo.te] from where you want to quote and end it with [/quo.te].
The format here is "[quo.te]........[/quo.te]"

E.g,
[quo.te]I'm a kafir[/quo.te] make sure the slash(/) is at the end of the quote format, don't mind the dot, remove the dot and we will have this.

I'm a kafir

If you don't understand, let me know.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by FaroukM(m): 5:12am On Jan 13, 2019
@tintingz, have u ever thought of what makes u sleep and what wakes u,... Nobody knows when he/she sleep, U can only know when u wake,... Go to Egypt.. U will see the preserved body of pharaoh which was stated in the Quran, and there so many other things etc... Even you been able to read and comment here is by Allah's doing... And Allah has mentioned that people like you will exist in this world... No matter the prove shown to u, even if you see Allah one on one, you will still deny HIS existence... But in this world ALLAH said HE will provide for you in this world.. Even some people like u will be so favoured that.. U will not lack anything in this world.. But in the hereafter...you will be on your own... May Allah forgive u
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by tintingz(m): 11:16am On Jan 13, 2019
FaroukM:
@tintingz, have u ever thought of what makes u sleep and what wakes u,... Nobody knows when he/she sleep, U can only know when u wake,...
Is this suppose to be an argument?

You're simply appealing to ignorance. Let's assume I don't know this, you mean your God work with ignorance? Your God exist as a gap? What if I know, what then will be your God?

FYI what you asked can be explain scientifically.

Go to Egypt.. U will see the preserved body of pharaoh which was stated in the Quran, and there so many other things etc...
Mummified pharaohs is a practice in ancient Egypt, many pharaohs were mummified even your God don't know which Pharaoh he's talking about reason because no Egyptian text mention any pharaoh chasing some Jews. Egyptians are known to keep records, there is no evidence of Moses in Egypt or a pharaoh chasing some Jews.

The exodus is a myth.
Even you been able to read and comment here is by Allah's doing...
How did you know this?

And Allah has mentioned that people like you will exist in this world... No matter the prove shown to u, even if you see Allah one on one, you will still deny HIS existence... But in this world ALLAH said HE will provide for you in this world.. Even some people like u will be so favoured that.. U will not lack anything in this world.. But in the hereafter...you will be on your own... May Allah forgive u
You mean Allah has destined I will reject him, how is that my fault or my freewill ?

If I'm purnished for this then Allah is malevolent.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by najib632(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2019
AlBaqir:

# So, the point still remain that an innocent boy was killed deliberately. Why?
Allah revealed the future of the parents of the boy to Al-khidr if, the boy had grown up he would have disbelieved and caused his parents to disbelieve, so Allah took him away and compensated the parents with more children that will be pious ones. Every prophet had something different from the other.
Re: The Lessons To Learn From Prophet Musa (pbuh) And Prophet Khidr(pbuh) Meeting. by AlBaqir(m): 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2019
najib632:
Allah revealed the future of the parents of the boy to Al-khidr if, the boy had grown up he would have disbelieved and caused his parents to disbelieve, so Allah took him away and compensated the parents with more children that will be pious ones. Every prophet had something different from the other.

Yeah, those are the repetitive excuses. The points are:

# Why did the "future kafir son" was given to them while a good son could have been given in the first place?

# Why were their case so different from many of other pious of similar scenario? Why can't Allah "killed" other Kuffar sons of pious parents that might end up making their parents misguided? Let me give you a clear example: Pastor Bishop Oyedepo's parents were devoted Muslims including Oyedepo himself. When he turned "kafir", because of his money and power, he forced not only his parents but every member of his family to become "kafir" as himself. He withdrew help and assistance from those who refused. This is not hearsay. It is what I know ni o. Question: why did Allah not kill him to stop his fasad? Why only killed the innocent boy of Musa's time?

Lest I forgot, Khidr was not a Prophet. If you think otherwise, kindly give your proof.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Zakariyyah's Sponsorship Of Maryam / The Huge Reward Of Going Early To Jum'a! Invest Today!! / Divorce In Islam: Permitted, But...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.