Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Issues With My Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Issues With My Car (923 Views)

Issues With My Kia Rio / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With My Car by stanfford: 7:51am On Jul 11, 2017
Gurus in the house, I use a Toyota Camry 04, I recently discovered that my car swerves and nose dives when I'm braking, I also discover excessive vibration on steering when braking. My mechanic said it's the front shock absorbers that need to be changed only. I ve also physically acertained that my front shocks are gone. My question is that, is there any other thing I need to do aside the shocks? Its so worse that I don't even drive it again. I'm thinking there could be other things to be done aside just shocks but my mechanic said it's only shock I need to change.......can failure of front shock absorbers cause all this many problems?
Re: Issues With My Car by mayor2013: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2017
Inspect all suspension parts. Vibration while braking is as a result of uneven Brake disc and worn out brake pads

1 Like

Re: Issues With My Car by stanfford: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Thanks boss
Re: Issues With My Car by Alexgray(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Before your mechanic replaces your shocks,u can request he checks your brake discs.caliper ,ball joints and thyroids to determine their integrity .replace if need arise and u are good to go.
Re: Issues With My Car by timifakay(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
stanfford:
Gurus in the house, I use a Toyota Camry 04, I recently discovered that my car swerves and nose dives when I'm braking, I also discover excessive vibration on steering when braking. My mechanic said it's the front shock absorbers that need to be changed only. I ve also physically acertained that my front shocks are gone. My question is that, is there any other thing I need to do aside the shocks? Its so worse that I don't even drive it again. I'm thinking there could be other things to be done aside just shocks but my mechanic said it's only shock I need to change.......can failure of front shock absorbers cause all this many problems?
Did the mechanic bring out the shock absorber to test its integrity or it was tested by pressing the credit and observing the bounce?
A proper suspension diagnosis is necessary to be sure.
Re: Issues With My Car by stanfford: 9:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
He only pressed it and I confirm myself too dat my shocks are down. I'm only looking at other things I could check
timifakay:

Did the mechanic bring out the shock absorber to test its integrity or it was tested by pressing the credit and observing the bounce?
A proper suspension diagnosis is necessary to be sure.
Re: Issues With My Car by stanfford: 9:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
Also, my friend has changed his engine metal twice now in months, please what could be eating up the metal?
Re: Issues With My Car by mayor2013: 9:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
stanfford:
Also, my friend has changed his engine metal twice now in months, please what could be eating up the metal?

What car is this and where was the replacement part gotten from
Re: Issues With My Car by timifakay(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
stanfford:
He only pressed it and I confirm myself too dat my shocks are down. I'm only looking at other things I could check
Best way to check suspension parts is to take the units out to inspect and test individually.
Re: Issues With My Car by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:41am On Jul 13, 2017
stanfford:

thats a sign of worn out brake disc

a worn out shock absorber would make your more jump when you driving in an uneven road
Re: Issues With My Car by stanfford: 5:42am On Jul 13, 2017
Its a Toyota car, the part was gotten from normal store where such parts are sold, his mechanic confirmed it to be a good one
mayor2013:

What car is this and where was the replacement part gotten from

(1) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Self-Balancing Electric Motorcycle For N7,554,000? / Volvo’s Testing A Self Driving Refuse Collection Truck, LAWMA's Favourite / Buy You Nigeria Used And Tokunbo Cars. Cheap And Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.