Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Basic Medical Sciences (bms) In Nigeria? My Opinion - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Basic Medical Sciences (bms) In Nigeria? My Opinion (939 Views)

Minimum Wage: Is The New Agreed Percentages For Basic PayOr Net Salary? / Medical Vacancies At University Of Medical Sciences, Ondo State. / The Practice Of Medical Laboratory Science In Nigeria: My Take And Plea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basic Medical Sciences (bms) In Nigeria? My Opinion by hephzibah2015(m): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2017
BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES (BMS) IN NIGERIA? MY OPINION

I am about to graduate as an Anatomist, but reading or hearing saddening tales, posts and comments too many often about Basic medical sciences especially about Anatomy from some of our graduates, I'd say not all of then are totally -always- true. You tend to be boxed up in such cases mostly when your grades are poor but truely it's not looking all good for graduates of Basic medical sciences in Nigeria. Presently, students of Anatomy, Physiology or any other Basic Medical Courses should please try to understand that the course you are studying is not a Professional course, but rather a study course... its not such that you graduate and start making money almost immediately by getting employed in a hospital straight away, Nope! Rather, those guys who can use their grades to get admitted into Medical schools, I will encourage them to please do so and for those whose grades are not good enough, do not give up. BMS graduates can also enroll for Masters Degree (Msc) in courses such as Stem cell transplant, Genetic engineering, Clinical embryology, Histopathology lab. techniques, Neuroscience e.t.c .. or perhaps continue in Research or secure an appointment as a Lecturer; for your information ..'lecturing no be small cake o'..you can make a fortune there too. For those who want move out into other fields or different endeavours, no hurts if you're satisfied, just ensure you do well.

Now, if really you want to make it as an Anatomy graduate here in Nigeria, you need to firstly know your God well, know your destiny path, be determined, develop yourself in as much areas as you can and never be discouraged! Be prayerful and be academically sound, it is well with us all In Jesus Name.

Also, there should be creation or establishment of not less than Six (6) well funded Medical research Institutes and centres in Nigeria which can absorb talents from the large pool of BMS graduates in Nigeria.

Lastly, both the Medical and the Basic Medical Science curriculum needs to be abolished and a new Needs-based curriculum similar to that of the United States Medical curriculum​ should be used instead such that only graduates of Basic medical sciences (Pre-Med as fondly called) are eligible for admission into a 4 year Medical school programme to graduate as a Medical Doctor; as proposed by the NUC read in a speech during the opening ceremony of Ondo State University of Medical Science. To those at the helm of powder, we demand a speedy implementation.

(c) Adebayo T.O. 2017
taiwo09@gmail.com

N.B:
There is still an hidden treasure in Anatomy, only seen by very few. Nothing is hidden except it's a treasure and Nothing is a secret except it is hidden

1 Like

Re: Basic Medical Sciences (bms) In Nigeria? My Opinion by marvelling(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2017
bwhahahaha!!! grin
Re: Basic Medical Sciences (bms) In Nigeria? My Opinion by ultron12345: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2017
What sort of rubbish is this, so because you couldn't get admitted to medical school direct and had to manage a BMS course, you want everyone to suffer what you suffered by studying a BMS course before going for medicine .................JEALOUSY

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me With A Job, My Landlord Want To Send Me Packing / See six (6) things to do to stop bad thoughts arising in your mind / Which Business Can I Start With 500000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.