Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children (3156 Views)

I Have Made Up My Mind To Leave Religion, It's Not Worth It. / Reverend Father And Sisters Drinking Beer (Photos) / Atheism Does Not Reject Religion , It Is Extremely Stupid Atheists Think It Does (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2017
Most of us have grown up with the concept that, Christianity is a kind of religion or one of the types of religion. It's wrong. That is just the face-value. It is far more and greater. God divinely orchestrated a means to gather "man" to Himself. A means to impart them with His kind of life. To give man a perfect and loving world in which everyone will be able to relate with Him like a big family. And for that cause did Jesus come to Earth, to open a pathway for us to God. Through Jesus, anyone can come to God's presence anytime and commune with Him. Thus, Christianity is the family; God is the Father, and we (both angels and saints alike) are the children. AMEN!
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by jonbellion(m): 10:32am On Jul 11, 2017
Yes and football isn't a sport
It's our bond with the ball
Infact the ball is not pig skin
Its just the heart of the sport(which is not a sport btw)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
if Christianity is a family of Father and child, then why the compulsion on other families (Hindus.. muslims.. jews.. sikhs) to be adopted into your family ?

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by hopefulLandlord: 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:
if Christianity is a family of Father and child, then why the compulsion on other families (Hindus.. muslims.. jews.. sikhs) to be adopted into your family ?

good question, OP should answer this group
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:
Smiles, and who said there are other families? God isn't a polygamist. He has just one family...and that's "Christianity".
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shawl001:

Smiles, and who said there are other families? God isn't a polygamist. He has just one family...and that's "Christianity".

Apparently god told the Muslims the same thing

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 7:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Apparently god told the Muslims the same thing
Did He?
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shawl001:

Did He?

Didn't he? Mohammed is the last true messenger of god, Islam must be the true family
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 8:15pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shawl001:

what if i told you that God's family is Islam? or Hinduism? or buddhism? Zoroastrianism? .. how did you come to the conclusion that these other families do not exist?.. this whole family analogy is a self destruct button.. what makes you feel other families do not exist?? you cannot say because other families have a different set of DNA(holy books) then they don't exist because they don't agree with your DNA..
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

what if i told you that God's family is Islam? or Hinduism? or buddhism? Zoroastrianism? .. how did you come to the conclusion that these other families do not exist?.. this whole family analogy is a self destruct button.. what makes you feel other families do not exist?? you cannot say because other families have a different set of DNA(holy books) then they don't exist because they don't agree with your DNA..
I didn't say they didn't exist... I said God is not a polygamist. That's all!
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
What makes christianity a religion is the fact that God is not in the family photo.

He was never there...

The children have been trying to paint him into the family photo... but they only manage to do more damage to the photo. They sometimes erase(kill) real people in the photo to create space for God. This they may say is the will of God that was never in the photo.undecided

Keys:
Family = Real
Photo = World
Children = theists (Muslims, Xtians etc)
God = Yahweh, Allah, Mazda, Zeus, Odin etc
wink
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 9:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
Shawl001:

I didn't say they didn't exist... I said God is not a polygamist. That's all!

if you acknowledge that these familes exist and have their own fathers and your own family(Christianity) has it's own father... and your father is not a polygamist.. then why try to convince someone to abandon their father to follow yours?
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 10:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
What makes christianity a religion is the fact that God is not in the family photo.

He was never there...

The children have been trying to paint him into the family photo... but they only manage to do more damage to the photo. They sometimes erase(kill) real people in the photo to create space for God. This they may say is the will of God that was never in the photo.undecided

wink
Are you sure you went through this post before posting it. I didn't see any sense in it.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 11:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wilgrea7:

if you acknowledge that these familes exist and have their own fathers and your own family(Christianity) has it's own father... and your father is not a polygamist.. then why try to convince someone to abandon their father to follow yours?
Do you guys even read post with your mind at all? Well, I think, most of you read posts to comment or antagonize, and not to understand. I said, God has just one family family...and that is Christianity. I never acknowledge any other family nor debunk any. I only made a Statement of truth! And if there's an original, there should be a fake(s)
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 5:16am On Jul 12, 2017
Shawl001:

Do you guys even read post with your mind at all? Well, I think, most of you read posts to comment or antagonize, and not to understand. I said, God has just one family family...and that is Christianity. I never acknowledge any other family nor debunk any. I only made a Statement of truth! And if there's an original, there should be a fake(s)

i told you this analogy is a self destruct button... anyone can make the claim saying his family is the only one and all others are fake... you avoided my question.. on what basis did you declare your family as God's family?? how did you arrive at that conclusion?... what is the criteria for a family to be “original" or “fake" ?
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by ScepticalPyrrho: 7:36am On Jul 12, 2017
Shawl001:

Are you sure you went through this post before posting it. I didn't see any sense in it.
Sorry, that message wasn't meant for you.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:
There's no compulsion to join the family has illustrated by op
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Good question raised but I believe op was being metaphorical
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 11:19am On Jul 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There's no compulsion to join the family has illustrated by op

if there is no compulsion, then why the threat of hell?... and what makes it superior to the threats from other families
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

if there is no compulsion, then why the threat of hell?... and what makes it superior to the threats from other families
There's no threat of hell . There are consequence for sinning without repentance after dead which is hell so persons are warned of the danger if refuse to harken
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
asuustrike2009:

There's no threat of hell . There are consequence for sinning without repentance after dead which is hell so persons are warned of the danger if refuse to harken

no no... the consequence applies to everyone who doesn't accept Jesus... according to your family irrespective of how good you were... as the common Christian saying goes “your good works can't redeem you"... assuming the Christian hell is not a threat but a consequence of not accepting Christ.. and other families have their own consequences(hell) for not following their ways... then how do you decide which consequence is the real one.. and on what criteria or grounds do you determine that??

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

Who threatened you? Who mentioned anything about hell? Your mind is contaminated my brother. Go wash it
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

no no... the consequence applies to everyone who doesn't accept Jesus... according to your family irrespective of how good you were... as the common Christian saying goes “your good works can't redeem you"... assuming the Christian hell is not a threat but a consequence of not accepting Christ.. and other families have their own consequences(hell) for not following their ways... then how do you decide which consequence is the real one.. and on what criteria or grounds do you determine that??
Just tell me your plight perhaps I can render solution to it.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Shawl001:

Who threatened you? Who mentioned anything about hell? Your mind is contaminated my brother. Go wash it

thanks.. i appreciate... is hell out of the elements in the family? if yes, then what of those who insist it is.. if no.. then answer the question.. if you wish to avoid the questions on hell.. then please answer my initial questions ... thanks
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 7:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
The Bible says in the book of John chapter one verse twelve, " But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God." also Romans chapter eight verse fifteen to seventeen; gives more light... By these scriptures, it shows that there's a Family of God which consist of the children... And the truth is only through Jesus can anyone be adopted into the family.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2017
Also, if you are not part of this family, you definitely belong to the "other family"; the devil's. And an eternal place (each) is prepared for both families to enjoy the blissful presence and joy of their father. Ours is heaven and the other is hell, which is for the defiant ones, the disobedient and prideful ones.
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 9:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Shawl001:
Also
ive been waiting for this

if you are not part of this family, you definitely belong to the "other family"; the devil's
on what basis do you determine which family is headed by the devil? the God of your family might be neutral or the devil to another family.. so on what basis do you determine that the other family is headed by this devil? what UNIVERSAL basis?

And an eternal place (each) is prepared for both families to enjoy the blissful presence and joy of their father. Ours is heaven and the other is hell, which is for the defiant ones, the disobedient and prideful ones.

different families have different places.. some families claim that hell is for anyone not in their family.. just as you have claimed that the other family goes to hell.. after you answer my question above.. please answer this.. which afterlife scenario painted by different families is true and on what basis do you determine which is true.. thanks
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Shawl001(m): 11:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wilgrea7:

ive been waiting for this

on what basis do you determine which family is headed by the devil? the God of your family might be neutral or the devil to another family.. so on what basis do you determine that the other family is headed by this devil? what UNIVERSAL basis?

different families have different places.. some families claim that hell is for anyone not in their family.. just as you have claimed that the other family goes to hell.. after you answer my question above.. please answer this.. which afterlife scenario painted by different families is true and on what basis do you determine which is true.. thanks

Basis? -By the word of God. You see, Your human mind cannot comprehend anything I say, no matter the proves I give or the basis you agitates for. Moreover, I didn't start up this thread to argue or exchange words, I did it to establish and make known a statement of truth. It's left for you to accept it or not. It's not by force, I am not putting a knife to your neck or terrorizing you if you don't accept it. So relax and just pass by. It's not mandatory to comment. You mustn't say something. If it's too big for you to decipher, leave it and go for something of your level. So stop pushing it. Just relax. Let those that have understanding of this matter contribute. Peace!
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Krystalzkris(f): 11:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
Christianity is a family and yet the children keep arguing about which word of their father is real or fake. Sounds like a terribly disorganized family. cry cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by paxonel(m): 11:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Shawl001:
Most of us have grown up with the concept that, Christianity is a kind of religion or one of the types of religion. It's wrong. That is just the face-value. It is far more and greater. God divinely orchestrated a means to gather "man" to Himself. A means to impart them with His kind of life. To give man a perfect and loving world in which everyone will be able to relate with Him like a big family. And for that cause did Jesus come to Earth, to open a pathway for us to God. Through Jesus, anyone can come to God's presence anytime and commune with Him. Thus, Christianity is the family; God is the Father, and we (both angels and saints alike) are the children. AMEN!
Op, define religion from English dictionary?
The last time i checked,

RELIGION
the belief in a God or in a group of gods
,an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a God or a group of gods.
How does Christianity different from this definition or are you anti-education?

1 Like

Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by hopefulLandlord: 12:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Krystalzkris:
Christianity is a family and yet the children keep arguing about which word of their father is real or fake. Sounds like a terribly disorganized family. cry cheesy grin
https://www.nairaland.com/3844519/meaninglessness-deep-personal-relationship-jesus
Re: Christianity Is Not A Religion. It's A Family, A Father And His Children by Wilgrea7(m): 6:51am On Jul 13, 2017
Shawl001:

Basis? -By the word of God.
and this is the bible right? other families have their own holy books which they call the “word of God" .. in as much as you can put down their families as belonging to the devil based on your “word of god" they can also put down your family as belonging to the devil based on their “word of God".. so which “word of God" is lying?? and no.. you cannot prove yours by quoting from it because they can too

You see, Your human mind cannot comprehend anything I say, no matter the proves I give or the basis you agitates for. Moreover, I didn't start up this thread to argue or exchange words, I did it to establish and make known a statement of truth. It's left for you to accept it or not. It's not by force, I am not putting a knife to your neck or terrorizing you if you don't accept it. So relax and just pass by. It's not mandatory to comment. You mustn't say something. If it's too big for you to decipher, leave it and go for something of your level. So stop pushing it. Just relax. Let those that have understanding of this matter contribute. Peace!
i have heard.. i don't have understanding.. my mind is corrupt.. my human mind cannot comprehend.. i have heard.. this is a public forum.. topics can be agreed to or criticized.. I've been asking simple questions . if you can't answer them, its best you say so instead of claiming i can't understand... thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

The People Of Arondizuogu Report Prophet Odumeje To Their Deity (arusi) (VIDEO / Shiloh 2010 Is Here / Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.