Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi (646 Views)

Rasmiya Awad: Sister Of Abu Bakr Al-baghdadi Captured By Turkish Forces / Donald Trump: This Dog Chased Al-Baghdadi, ISIS Leader - US President Reveals / Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Killed Himself With Suicide Vest - President Trump Confirms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Ehiscotch(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
The Islamic State terrorist group (ISIS) has
confirmed the death of its leader, Abu Bakr al-
Baghdadi, media reported Tuesday, citing an IS
statement.
According to the Al Sumaria News broadcaster, Al-
Baghdadi is dead and his successor will be named
soon.

On June 16, the Russian Defence Ministry said Al-
Baghdadi was likely eliminated as a result of a
Russian Aerospace Forces strike on a militant
command post in the southern suburb of the city of
Raqqa in late May.
The ministry noted that it was in the process of
confirming the information through various
channels.
Al-Baghdadi appeared in the media for the first
time in 2014 when he declared the creation of a
caliphate in the Middle East.

Since then, the media outlets have reported
several times about the death of the IS leader,
though the information has never been confirmed.
NAN reports on June 23, experts said if Al-
Baghdadi is confirmed dead, he is likely to be
succeeded by one of his top two lieutenants.
Iyad Al-Obaidi and Ayad Al-Jumaili, both were
army officers under late Iraqi dictator Saddam
Hussein.

Experts on Islamist groups said they see no clear
successor but regard Al-Obaidi and Al-Jumaili as
the leading contenders, though neither would be
likely to assume Baghdadi’s title of “caliph” or
overall commander of Muslims.
Armed groups fighting in the region and U.S.
officials say they have no evidence he is dead and
many regional officials are skeptical about the
reports of his death.
Obaidi, who is in his 50s, has been serving as war
minister.
Jumaili, who is in his late 40s, is head of the
group’s Amniya security agency.
In April Iraqi state TV said Jumaili had been killed,
but that was not confirmed.
Both joined the Sunni Salafist insurgency in Iraq in
2003, following the U.S.-led invasion which
Saddam and empowered Iraq’s Shi’ite majority.
They have been Baghdadi’s top aides since
airstrikes in 2016 killed his then deputy Abu Ali al-
Anbari, his Chechen war minister Abu Al-Shishani
and his Syrian chief propagandist, Abu Al-Adnani.
“Jumaili recognises Obaidi as his senior but there
is no clear successor and, depending on
conditions, it can be either of the two (who
succeeds Baghdadi),” said Hisham Al-Hashimi,
who advises several Middle East governments on
IS affairs.
Baghdadi awarded himself the title of caliph, the
chief Muslim civil and religious ruler, regarded as
the successor of the Prophet Mohammad, in 2014.
Obaidi or Jumaili would be unlikely to become
caliph because they lack religious standing and
Islamic State has lost much of its territory.
“They don’t belong to the Prophet Mohammed’s
lineage. The group has no longer ‘a land to rule’ or
‘Ardh al-Tamkeen’.
“And none is well versed in Islamic theology,” said
Fadhel Ragheef, another Iraqi expert on the
extremist group.
“A caliph has to have an Ardh al-Tamkeen, which
he rules in accordance with Islamic law. Failing
that, the successor will just be recognized as the
emir,” said Hashimi.
Emir is Arabic for prince, and is a title that jihadists
often use to describe their leaders.
By contrast, Baghdadi, born as Ibrahim Awad al-
Samarrai’ in 1971, comes from a family of
preachers and studied Islamic law in Baghdad.
The appointment of the new leader would require
the approval of an eight-member shoura council,
an advisory body to the caliph. (Sputnik/NAN)

CC LALASTICLALA
CC MYND44

dailypost.ng/2017/07/11/isis-confirms-death-group-leader-al-baghdadi/

Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by LUGBE: 1:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is the beginning, Almighty God will see to you all, fools.

For you to step your dirty and caused legs in the house of God and destroyed, you will all perish.

Your days are numbered

1 Like

Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Ehiscotch(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2017
LUGBE:
Beginning
Beginning?
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Buharimustgo: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
They will never learn
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
we must understand the world not fighting against muslims U.S, west and russia are good friends wif SAUDI, Egypt, morroco and most muslim country that have sharia law and kill u wif that law even if a christian tries to break it But against throught who think they can use an ideology or religiou to carry out and justify there genocide.
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Ehiscotch(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ikio:
we must understand the world not fighting against muslims U.S, west and russia are good friends wif SAUDI, Egypt, morroco and most muslim country that have sharia law and kill u wif that law even if a christian tries to break it But against throught who think they can use an ideology or religiou to carry out and justify there genocide.
The Moslems are only being paranoid although they have a right to be. Their religion has been used as a means to radicalize gullible minds. Whether or not it is being misinterpreted I cannot say.
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
Al Baghdadi's death comes with a positive and negative. The positive side- it represents Russia's biggest contribution yet to the global fight against terrorism,jihadism and islamic extremism. The negative or down side is that Islamic State will only end up choosing a successor for their slain leader as was the case with other groups such as the Taliban (after the deaths of Mullah Omar and his immediate successor Mullah Akhtar Mansur). That said the Russians have made an impact in the war on terror and Al Baghdadi is the casualty.
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by DictatorZAR1: 6:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
There goes my hope to necklace the b@st@rd myself. angry
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Ehiscotch(m): 11:45am On Jul 15, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Al Baghdadi's death comes with a positive and negative. The positive side- it represents Russia's biggest contribution yet to the global fight against terrorism,jihadism and islamic extremism. The negative or down side is that Islamic State will only end up choosing a successor for their slain leader as was the case with other groups such as the Taliban (after the deaths of Mullah Omar and his immediate successor Mullah Akhtar Mansur). That said the Russians have made an impact in the war on terror and Al Baghdadi is the casualty.
That negative side cannot be expunged. The terror group will always find a successor.
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by SalamRushdie: 10:22am On Jul 16, 2017
mansakhalifa:

If they like they should chose you and we will definitely also get you ...No hiding place for any wicked muslim because this is not Obama era where you guys were being pampered by that closet terrorist and Muslim
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2017
So Al-Bagdadi is dead.... this dude is one ruthless prick.... Hmm... no place to hide
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 16, 2017
@SalamRushdie with that uninformed comment you just proved that your intelligence is very much below par. Nairaland should never have admitted dunces like you. How am I muslim or terrorist? My moniker? Don't make me laugh. Your history teacher<that's if you went to school at all> did a poor job otherwise you would have had a fair idea how I came by the moniker Mansa Khalifa. Go to wikipedia and stop displaying you dumbness,man. And FAST!
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 16, 2017
@SalamRushdie with that uninformed comment you just proved that your intelligence is very much below par. Nairaland should never have admitted dunces like you. How am I muslim or terrorist? My moniker? Don't make me laugh. Your history teacher<that's if you went to school at all> did a poor job otherwise you would have had a fair idea how I came by the moniker Mansa Khalifa. Go to wikipedia and stop displaying you dumbness,man. And FAST! Illiterate.
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by SalamRushdie: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@SalamRushdie with that uninformed comment you just proved that your intelligence is very much below par. Nairaland should never have admitted dunces like you. How am I muslim or terrorist? My moniker? Don't make me laugh. Your history teacher<that's if you went to school at all> did a poor job otherwise you would have had a fair idea how I came by the moniker Mansa Khalifa. Go to wikipedia and stop displaying you dumbness,man. And FAST!

I didn't even look at Ur moniker but from Ur words I know you are terrorism sympathizer and reply just buttressed that .
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 16, 2017
R
Re: ISIS Confirms Death Of Group Leader Al- Baghdadi by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2017
@SalamRushdie you are a dunce. Tell the whole wide word that I said you are dunce. I was merely stating facts from years of studying insurgency groups and jihadists around the world and you saw that and concluded in your minute mind that 'the man has to be a terrorism sympathizer' right? Do me a favour first look up the words pros and cons and then take time to study jihadis-starting with Al Qaeda,Hisbul Islam in Somalia,Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines,Al Shabaab,BH-and how they elect successors to their slain leaders and see if I wasn't on point. Stop being a huge waste of space here. I find ignorant people like you nauseating. Very nauseating.

(1) (Reply)

Another Knife Attack In Russia By Jihadist 7 Injured(graphic Photo) / Closing The Capability Gap Cameroon, Chad Take Delivery Of Cessna ISR Aircraft. / Brazil’s Ex-president Lula Arrives In Prison; To Serve 12-years Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.