Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts (6558 Views)

Southeast Is Landlocked: See Shipment Tracking On MEASRK Website / Fact : South East Is Landlocked But Igbo Land Is Not Landlock- Photo / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Jonasbadoo(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
PROPOSED SEA PORT IN OBEAKU- NDOKI AND AZUMIRI SEAPORTS IN ABIA STATE.

Obuaku Ndoki Port in Abia State is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean from the confluence of Imo River and Azumiri (blue River) which is a large and deep body water of high flowing and rich rivers. Azumiri Blue River is also 25-30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean for a big Seaport

http://www.southeastnigeria.com/some-answers-to-the-the-proposed-sea-port-in-abia-state-joi-john/

Ever since the Abia State Government announced their intention to bring a Sea Port to the state, there have been many questions raised. I reached out to a source at the Government House, Umuahia to obtain clarity. I was told that the proposed location for the seaport is in Obuaku, Ukwa West, LGA. Right in Obuaku, there is a confluence point where the Imo River and the Blue River meet. The Obuaku confluence passes through Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State. In Rivers state for instance, (along Bonny River) we have Portharcourt Seaport and we have the Sea Port located in Onne, Eleme L.G.A. Onne,This is Nigeria’s busiest sea port and ranks as the largest sea port in west Africa. Did you know that while Rivers State (Porharcourt Sea Port) sits 40 nautical miles away from the Atlantic Ocean and Onne Port in River State along Bonny River sits 50 Nautical Miles away from the Atlantic Ocean.But Obuaku Blue River and Azumiri Rivers is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean? To some, this talk about a sea port in Abia state may sound unrealistic but, it is not far fetched. Even if it does not get realized now, this legacy project will come to fruition in no distant time. - See more at: http://www.southeastnigeria.com/some-answers-to-the-the-proposed-sea-port-in-abia-state-joi-john/#sthash.pUVpKDB2.dpuf

Igboland is not landlocked according to United Nation treaty, International law OF THE Sea and African Union laws. Igboland has many Rivers, Canals, Waterways, Lake and bays in Imo State, Anambra state, Anioma, Asaba and Abia States which flows into the Atlantic Oceans and the Sea and many a distance of 30 minutes drive.
FACTS ON GROUND
Development of a Sea-Port at Obuaku-Ndoki: many Nigerians, even including many enlightened sons and daughters of Nd’igbo, had, out of geographical ignorance, borne the impression that the South-East of Nigeria is land-locked. But being a visionary leader, the truth is now being made manifest that the Blue River/Imo River confluence at Obuaku-Ndoki is only twenty-five nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean. We are thankful that Abia state Government is working committedly to establishing a sea-port at the confluence town of Obuaku.
AN ADDRESS PRESENTED BY THE PEOPLE OF ABIA-SOUTH SENATORIAL ZONE ON THE OCCASION OF A GRAND CIVIC RECEPTION FOR HIS EXCELLENCY, GOVERNOR T. A. ORJI (OCHENDO GLOBAL) AT ABIA STATE POLYTECHNIC, ABA ON 1ST FEBRUARY, 2014.
AS SCRIPTED BY CHIEF (SIR) DON UBANI; KSC, JP (OKWUBUNKA OF ASA)

Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; ksc, JP 11/06/2013
"further inward by thinking of laying a bigger foundation of economy for not only Abia State but the whole of the South-East geo-political zone by formally conceptualizing the establishment of a sea-port at Obeaku-Ndoki, in Ukwa-East Local Government Area.
Embarking on a road map that will ginger his successor to see to the realization of a sea-port in Abia State, would correct the erroneous impression widely held by uninformed Nigerians that the South-East zone of Nigeria is land-locked. This is very far from the truth.The Imo River, which originates from Umuaku in Isuochi of Umunneochi Local Government Area meandered its way up to Obeaku-Ndoki, from where it emptied itself into the Atlantic Ocean. It is very strategic to mention that the distance between Obeaku-Ndoki and the Atlantic Ocean, which commences not far from Igwenga in Ikot Abasi Local Government Area of Akwa-Ibom State, is only twenty-five nautical miles.For the avoidance of doubt, any zone that enjoys a proximity of even thirty nautical miles to a maritime endowment such as the Atlantic Ocean, should not in any way categorize itself as being land-locked. For the benefit of those who do not know, Port-Harcourt wharf is about forty nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean. It was dredged and scooped during the Premiership of Dr. M.I. Okpara during the defunct Eastern Region for ships to berth therein. If Port-Harcourt wharf could be made accessible to ships despite its fourty-nautical-mile distance to the Atlantic Ocean, it justifiably stands to reason that Obeaku-Ndoki Wharf, which is only twenty-five nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean, could be more readily and profitably accessed by ships. Since Nigeria parades a galaxy of consultants in marine engineering, obtaining professional advice in this regards may not be far from reach."
Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; ksc, JP(Okwubunka of Asa) Umuiku-Isi-Asa Ukwa-West L.G.A. P.M.B 7048 Aba

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Jonasbadoo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
please the mods should push this thread to FP.... cc; Mynd44; lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by njoku10(m): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
I love this

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
I honestly don't bother about all their noise. I don't have to prove anything to idiots.

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by DaniDani(m): 4:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
Let me sit tight while the geographers slug it out. Afonjas, Igbos, Ab.okis etc food is done and ready. Me, I am watching all the way from aba, the yeast dustbin.
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2017
[s]
DaniDani:
Let me sit tight while the geographers slug it out. Afonjas, Igbos, Ab.okis etc food is done and ready. Me, I am watching all the way from aba, the yeast dustbin.
[/s]

Says a descendant of a demon.

6 Likes

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by oladeebo: 4:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
JONA!
why are you not honest for God sake?
When bifra part away biafra land is landlocked!
when biafra land is in Nigeria, biafra land is land open!
ok!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by mrvitalis(m): 5:09pm On Jul 11, 2017
The founder and father of the current ceo of diamond bank is from abia right

We need 200bn and this project is set another 100bn we have rail connected from the port to Aba
We already have a gas pipeline in Aba from afam so independent power can be done with say 20bn
So all in all 320bn this is a done project in say 7 years

When I say what we lack in Igbo lands is leadership ....sell this idea to abia people me see how they will raise the money ment in 1 year that's what visionary leadership can do

We can't wait for federal government all the time
Request for the permission to do it They Dre not refuse cos with media the whole world will know

This is what ipob need to seek not the rubbish they do

We need to get the Igbo leadership right first
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
People should face facts. There is no direct access to the sea for the entire 5SE states. To get to the sea you must pass Rivers or Akwa Ibom. It's very easy to see just looking at the maps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2020
mrvitalis:
The founder and father of the current ceo of diamond bank is from abia right

We need 200bn and this project is set another 100bn we have rail connected from the port to Aba
We already have a gas pipeline in Aba from afam so independent power can be done with say 20bn
So all in all 320bn this is a done project in say 7 years

When I say what we lack in Igbo lands is leadership ....sell this idea to abia people me see how they will raise the money ment in 1 year that's what visionary leadership can do

We can't wait for federal government all the time
Request for the permission to do it They Dre not refuse cos with media the whole world will know

This is what ipob need to seek not the rubbish they do

We need to get the Igbo leadership right first

*When I say what we lack in Igbo lands is leadership ....sell this idea to abia people me see how they will raise the money ment in 1 year that's what visionary leadership can do*

And which ships would dock there?
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by xelly: 10:20am On Mar 18, 2020
iSlayer2:
I honestly don't bother about all their noise. I don't have to prove anything to idiots.

You mean they are all Idiots?
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by mrvitalis(m): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2020
Oracle23:

*When I say what we lack in Igbo lands is leadership ....sell this idea to abia people me see how they will raise the money ment in 1 year that's what visionary leadership can do*

And which ships would dock there?
Any ship worst comes to worst we can build a platform like stuff or rig at sea to transfer to smaller ships to get inland ....baba any way na way
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
No part of South Nigeria is landlocked for Seaport development. Even north central isn't landlocked. Is just that FG don't just want to make all regions Economic viable. So bad

1 Like

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
mrvitalis:

Any ship worst comes to worst we can build a platform like stuff or rig at sea to transfer to smaller ships to get inland ....baba any way na way

Note that everything related to shipping is under the Nigerian governments exclusive list.

There's a federal government agency called NPA, Nigerian Ports authority. Only them decides where a ship will dock in Nigeria.

Can u see where am going?

1 Like

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by mrvitalis(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
Oracle23:

Note that everything related to shipping is under the Nigerian governments exclusive list.

There's a federal government agency called NPA, Nigerian Ports authority. Only them decides where a ship will dock in Nigeria.

Can u see where am going?
Let's build it first then lets see the mugu that would stop it na
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by MetaPhysical: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
PROPOSED SEA PORT IN OBEAKU- NDOKI AND AZUMIRI SEAPORTS IN ABIA STATE.

Obuaku Ndoki Port in Abia State is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean from the confluence of Imo River and Azumiri (blue River) which is a large and deep body water of high flowing and rich rivers. Azumiri Blue River is also 25-30 nautical miles to Atlantic Ocean for a big Seaport

http://www.southeastnigeria.com/some-answers-to-the-the-proposed-sea-port-in-abia-state-joi-john/

Ever since the Abia State Government announced their intention to bring a Sea Port to the state, there have been many questions raised. I reached out to a source at the Government House, Umuahia to obtain clarity. I was told that the proposed location for the seaport is in Obuaku, Ukwa West, LGA. Right in Obuaku, there is a confluence point where the Imo River and the Blue River meet. The Obuaku confluence passes through Ikot Abasi in Akwa Ibom State. In Rivers state for instance, (along Bonny River) we have Portharcourt Seaport and we have the Sea Port located in Onne, Eleme L.G.A. Onne,This is Nigeria’s busiest sea port and ranks as the largest sea port in west Africa. Did you know that while Rivers State (Porharcourt Sea Port) sits 40 nautical miles away from the Atlantic Ocean and Onne Port in River State along Bonny River sits 50 Nautical Miles away from the Atlantic Ocean.But Obuaku Blue River and Azumiri Rivers is only 25 nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean? To some, this talk about a sea port in Abia state may sound unrealistic but, it is not far fetched. Even if it does not get realized now, this legacy project will come to fruition in no distant time. - See more at: http://www.southeastnigeria.com/some-answers-to-the-the-proposed-sea-port-in-abia-state-joi-john/#sthash.pUVpKDB2.dpuf

Igboland is not landlocked according to United Nation treaty, International law OF THE Sea and African Union laws. Igboland has many Rivers, Canals, Waterways, Lake and bays in Imo State, Anambra state, Anioma, Asaba and Abia States which flows into the Atlantic Oceans and the Sea and many a distance of 30 minutes drive.
FACTS ON GROUND
Development of a Sea-Port at Obuaku-Ndoki: many Nigerians, even including many enlightened sons and daughters of Nd’igbo, had, out of geographical ignorance, borne the impression that the South-East of Nigeria is land-locked. But being a visionary leader, the truth is now being made manifest that the Blue River/Imo River confluence at Obuaku-Ndoki is only twenty-five nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean. We are thankful that Abia state Government is working committedly to establishing a sea-port at the confluence town of Obuaku.
AN ADDRESS PRESENTED BY THE PEOPLE OF ABIA-SOUTH SENATORIAL ZONE ON THE OCCASION OF A GRAND CIVIC RECEPTION FOR HIS EXCELLENCY, GOVERNOR T. A. ORJI (OCHENDO GLOBAL) AT ABIA STATE POLYTECHNIC, ABA ON 1ST FEBRUARY, 2014.
AS SCRIPTED BY CHIEF (SIR) DON UBANI; KSC, JP (OKWUBUNKA OF ASA)

Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; ksc, JP 11/06/2013
"further inward by thinking of laying a bigger foundation of economy for not only Abia State but the whole of the South-East geo-political zone by formally conceptualizing the establishment of a sea-port at Obeaku-Ndoki, in Ukwa-East Local Government Area.
Embarking on a road map that will ginger his successor to see to the realization of a sea-port in Abia State, would correct the erroneous impression widely held by uninformed Nigerians that the South-East zone of Nigeria is land-locked. This is very far from the truth.The Imo River, which originates from Umuaku in Isuochi of Umunneochi Local Government Area meandered its way up to Obeaku-Ndoki, from where it emptied itself into the Atlantic Ocean. It is very strategic to mention that the distance between Obeaku-Ndoki and the Atlantic Ocean, which commences not far from Igwenga in Ikot Abasi Local Government Area of Akwa-Ibom State, is only twenty-five nautical miles.For the avoidance of doubt, any zone that enjoys a proximity of even thirty nautical miles to a maritime endowment such as the Atlantic Ocean, should not in any way categorize itself as being land-locked. For the benefit of those who do not know, Port-Harcourt wharf is about forty nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean. It was dredged and scooped during the Premiership of Dr. M.I. Okpara during the defunct Eastern Region for ships to berth therein. If Port-Harcourt wharf could be made accessible to ships despite its fourty-nautical-mile distance to the Atlantic Ocean, it justifiably stands to reason that Obeaku-Ndoki Wharf, which is only twenty-five nautical miles to the Atlantic Ocean, could be more readily and profitably accessed by ships. Since Nigeria parades a galaxy of consultants in marine engineering, obtaining professional advice in this regards may not be far from reach."
Chief (Sir) Don Ubani; ksc, JP(Okwubunka of Asa) Umuiku-Isi-Asa Ukwa-West L.G.A. P.M.B 7048 Aba

No one can cross from Iboland enter sea or international territory directly without first crossing other states.

In other words, if other states deny you access you are not going anywhere. Iboland is landlocked!
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Opexzy: 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
You are people are simply delusional...i am otta here
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by ejanla077: 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

No one can cross from Iboland enter sea or international territory directly without first crossing other states.

In other words, if other states deny you access you are not going anywhere. Iboland is landlocked!
you kno nothing

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by SciLab: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Ewedu man don open rotten mouth. grin

Even Biafra goes, oduduwa is not going anywhere, Awusa rulers pumped Eastern crude oil to build lagos, and must keep it to have access to the seas.
You are in bondage forever, if you don't know it yet.
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by darleenje: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
People should face facts. There is no direct access to the sea for the entire 5SE states. To get to the sea you must pass Rivers or Akwa Ibom. It's very easy to see just looking at the maps.

You are not from Abia state. Don't say what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
mrvitalis:

Let's build it first then lets see the mugu that would stop it na

U mean we should spend 5 billion dollars first and check if the yoruba and hausa would stop it?

Think again..

They dont need to stop u, they would simply now sent ships to dock there.
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by mrvitalis(m): 3:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oracle23:

U mean we should spend 5 billion dollars first and check if the yoruba and hausa would stop it?

Think again..

They dont need to stop u, they would simply now sent ships to dock there.
Bros it's not possible that they can stop a project like that ...it's impossible
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Tweiker: 3:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
please the mods should push this thread to FP.... cc; Myn.d44; lalast.iclala

Yoruba mods?

Better take your time before them ban you for 4 months.
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Tweiker: 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Afronjas complaining for centuries since the children of Israel took a stroll across the Red Sea.

cc: husbandsnatcha imhotep lzza

1 Like

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Tweiker: 3:41pm On Mar 19, 2020

And you had to deactivate right after making your point.

Bad belle coward

grin
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by allthingsgood: 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
The longer the epistle, the faker the news

The whole south east is landlocked period. Dont deceive ya sef

1 Like

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by allthingsgood: 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
[s]
SciLab:

Even Biafra goes, oduduwa is not going anywhere, Awusa rulers pumped Eastern crude oil to build lagos, and must keep it to have access to the seas.
[/s]

what is this one blabbing
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by MetaPhysical: 4:17pm On Mar 19, 2020
Tweiker:

Afronjas complaining for centuries since the children of Israel took a stroll across the Red Sea.

cc: husbandsnatcha imhotep lzza

grin grin
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by MetaPhysical: 4:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
allthingsgood:
The longer the epistle, the faker the news

The whole south east is landlocked period. Dont deceive ya sef

No mind dem. They want take semantics confuse their ancestors. grin
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by MetaPhysical: 4:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
SciLab:

Shut up!! angry

Yoruba na ya mate? Anuofia! angry
Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by SciLab: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Shut up!! angry

Yoruba na ya mate? Anuofia! angry

Dem no be our mate, na our pikin dem be.
Igbos are not your mate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Proven Not To Be Landlocked... See Shocking Facts by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2020
mrvitalis:

Bros it's not possible that they can stop a project like that ...it's impossible

Stop u? Who is planning to stop u?

Cant u read well, The NPA would simply not send any shipping vessel to the port and it would naturally die.

Which other method dem use destroy Onitsha river port, Okrika seaport, Warri seaport, Onne seaport, Calabar seaport, Burutu seaport, etc?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Will Resolve Nigeria’s Challenges – APC Governors / Not pictures but video of how ESN killed Igwe Aguleri - GRAPHIC VIDEO / Dilapidated School In Lai Mohammed Village Allegedly Emerges (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.