Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,547 members, 7,819,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World (886 Views)

US, Israel Formally Quit UNESCO / Israel Withdraws From UNESCO Over Jerusalem Decision / Man Falls Into A River During Peaceful Protest In Cameroon (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
UNESCO declares Islam as the most peaceful religion of the world

PARIS: In a major development that should silence critics of Islam who have been blaming it for terrorism, UNESCO has declared that Islam is the most peaceful religion of the world.

The United Nations body released a statement earlier today that revealed that UNESCO had partnered with International Peace Foundation six months back to study all religions of the world and find out which was most peaceful amongst all.

"After six months of rigorous study and analysis, we have concluded that Islam is the most peaceful religion," Robert McGee, head of comparative studies wing of International Peace Foundation declared in a press conference that was attended by UNESCO officials too.

When asked about the terror attacks being carried out in the name of Islam, including the recent ones in Dhaka and Baghdad, the UNESCO official denied that it had anything to do with Islam.

"Terror has no religion," he said, "Islam means peace."

To document this official recognition, UNESCO will issue certificates to interested Muslim bodies, which can choose to display them at various places like madarsas, Islamic study centres, mosques, halal stores, slaughterhouses, etc.

Junta Ka Reporter was also given a copy of certificate so that we can display the same to our readers. A copy has also been put in the office of our founder Mr. Mofat Javed.

"Right Wing organizations should stop maligning Islam and Muslims at least after this certificate from UNESCO," our founder editor Mofat Javed hoped.

The certificate and announcement from UNESCO has been welcomed by world leaders and religious leaders across the world. Dalai Lama is reported to have asked other religions to learn from Islam and try to be as nonviolent and compassionate as the religion of peace.

However, some Muslim scholars have said that the act of UNESCO was not needed as Islam was already the best and final religion, and a certificate to the same amounts to trivializing the issue as it states the obvious.

http://www.juntakareporter.com/world/unesco-declares-islam-as-the-most-peaceful-religion-of-the-world/

If you agree with this declaration click like if you disagree click share. cool

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by madridguy(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
madridguy:

Does Islam mean submission or does it mean peace? undecided
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by ElSherriff: 4:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Even Unesco kpa kpa know the truth.

Propaganda
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by madridguy(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Islam means peace.

OLAADEGBU:

Does Islam mean submission or does it mean peace? undecided
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Destined2win: 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
Well, UNESCO doesn't need to force its opinion down anyone's throat. By people's action, we know if they are peaceful whether Muslim or Christian

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by greatermax77(m): 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
I have my own opinion too,
By their friuts, we know them

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2017
It seems to me that UNESCO has run out of ideas regarding what to do with all the funds at its disposal as an organization. I fail to see what use this pointless research serves or will serve in the long run. What the heck does the most "peaceful religion in the world" actually mean? What? Well my own research confirms that UNESCO is the dumbest organization in the world. What a waste of funds on a pointless and baseless research? #Dumb#

2 Likes

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
They need all the encouragement they can get grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Shalomdee(f): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
I can't believe this, this is when you know the world has actually come to an end, when they'd be telling you black is white. Even as a child I knew Islam stood for what they were- terror. It's end time things I tell you.

1 Like

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Well I have been following UNESCO's posts lately and I can authoritatively tell you all that they have come out to debunk and rubbish the story. The site peddling this rumour is a satire website known as the Junta Ka Reporter.com. We all got riled up over fake news. I retract my earlier statement.
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
@OLAADEGBU Well I have been following UNESCO's posts lately and I can authoritatively tell you all that they have come out to debunk and rubbish the story. The site peddling this rumour is a satire website known as the Junta Ka Reporter.com. We all got riled up over fake news. I retract my earlier statement.
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 17, 2017
EHN??............... undecided undecided
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16am On Jul 17, 2017
mansakhalifa:

@OLAADEGBU Well I have been following UNESCO's posts lately and I can authoritatively tell you all that they have come out to debunk and rubbish the story. The site peddling this rumour is a satire website known as the Junta Ka Reporter.com. We all got riled up over fake news. I retract my earlier statement.

Thanks for the information. Let's hope UNESCO would not be that dumb to be arriving at such conclusions. Let's conduct our own survey here. Don't you think Islam a peaceful religion? What do you think? undecided
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by Xer0: 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
The way i am looking at UNESCO right now.

Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by maisauki: 8:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
PERHAPS UNESCO WANNA BENEFIT FROM ISLAM IN D FUTURE
Re: UNESCO Declares Islam As The Most Peaceful Religion Of The World by tobechi20(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
the best way toy encourage a dull boy to take education serious is to tell him he I'd intelligent.

best way to encourage them to shun violence is tell them they are peaceful

(1) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Meets & Shakes Hand With Army Chief in Zimbabwe (photos) / Kenya Acquires Pothole Patching Machines Which Take 3mins To Work - Pictures / 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.