Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns (887 Views)

Russian State TV Declares World War 3 Has Begun (photos) / Marina Ovsyannikova, Russian Anti-War Protester Interrupts News On State TV / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
Top Iranian Reporter Apologises 'For Lying' And Quits Government TV After Plane Crash
by Spencer Neale
| January 13, 2020 04:41 PM

An anchor for Iran's State-run TV resigned today because of "lies" surrounding Iranian airstrikes that downed a Boeing 737-800 passenger plane above Tehran last week.

"Iran State TV's anchor resigns saying, 'It was very hard for me to believe the killing of my countrymen. I apologise for lying to you on TV for 13 years,'" it was reported.

Journalists in Iran have struggled to report factually on the events surrounding the recent airstrikes due to the government's strong grasp on media outlets. President Trump demanded the Iranians "turn your internet back on" yesterday after the Iranian government moved to shut off communications to the outside world.

Iran initially refused to take responsibility for the crash and said they would not allow the United States or Boeing to investigate the contents of the flight's black box recorder.

Days later, after a video was released showing a missile striking the Ukrainian airliner, the Iranian government claimed a missile "unintentionally" hit the plane, instantly killing all 176 passengers on board. More than 80 Iranians died as a result of the plane crash.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted that "preliminary conclusions of internal investigation by Armed Forces: Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/top-iranian-reporter-apologizes-for-lying-and-quits-government-tv-after-plane-crash

Also see:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jan/13/journalists-quit-iranian-state-broadcaster-over-crash-cover-up

1 Share

Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by luluosas(m): 2:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
This is just the beginning of resignation when the hoodwinked Iranians come to their senses

1 Like

Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by gloriaunobi(f): 11:14am On Jan 17, 2020
He must be Press TV anchor, those guys can lie pass devil

1 Like

Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
luluosas:

This is just the beginning of resignation when the hoodwinked Iranians come to their senses

Another TV anchor has resigned, more to come as they are beginning to wake up to reality.
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by luluosas(m): 5:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
Seriously? That's awesome news
OLAADEGBU:

Another TV anchor has resigned, more to come as they are beginning to wake up to reality.
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by CTPlayer: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
I hope that TV reporter is still alive.
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by panafrican(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
The first liars in the world are Western reporters starting with the British..
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by CTPlayer: 10:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
panafrican:
The first liars in the world are Western reporters starting with the British..
It is documented that 2 quit their jobs Gelare Jabbari and Zahra Khatami. Sometimes I think I could take you to mass graves of 100,000
in Russia and you would deny that genocide happened.
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38am On Aug 11, 2020
gloriaunobi:

He must be Press TV anchor, those guys can lie pass devil

It is part of their religion, its called al taqiyya.
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by osamz007: 7:31am On Aug 11, 2020
the way press tv guys dey lie.. Lia Mohammed no reach them
Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
osamz007:

the way press tv guys dey lie.. Lia Mohammed no reach them

Obama even legalised it in America. undecided

Re: 'I Apologise For Lying To You On TV For Years': Iran State TV Anchor Resigns by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07am On Oct 13, 2023
They are now at it again. cool

(1) (Reply)

Who Targeted Ukraine Airlines Flight 752? Iran Shot It Down But... / Observations On The Ukraine War - Will Schryver / Russia-held Kherson ‘virtually Cut Off’ As Ukraine’s Counter-attack ‘gains Momen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.