Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? (43799 Views)

Biscuit Bone VS Brisket Bone / It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' / Its Brisket Bone Not Biscuit Bone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by jnrremedy(m): 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
megafem1:
bro u are wrong see the pix of Brisket Bone and location in animal it is the same one we call Biscuit Bone
this is meat not bone
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Martin0(m): 9:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
gypsey:
it is definitely brisket bones!
hahahahahagrin ok it baffles u abi hhahaha Mr lecture
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by uloho7209: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
You're wrong,

Brisket bones aren't exclusively those soft bones that can easily be broken using human canines.

What is a brisket?

meat cut from the breast of an animal, typically a cow.

What are brisket bones?
These are bones found around the brisket. The bones are basically ribs.

I think you should use the 'Googler' now and learn more too.

Biscuit bone, on the other hand, is only recognised by urban dictionary to mean 'fragile bone' or bone that can be easily broken.

Whatever you see in the Urban dictionary doesn't necessarily mean is right, it just means that a particular set of people use the word to the extent it needed to be included in the Urban dictionary.

So, don't go telling someone who knows what brisket bone is that you are eating brisket bone with agidi jollof.

The only time you can safely call bone a brisket bone is if it comes from the breast of the animal. They are basically ribs.

I'd rather call this kind of bones soft bones or bones that can easily be broken. Chewable bones too.

Don't agree to that assertion. I'd rather you stick to your 'biscuit bone'.
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by tosyne2much(m): 9:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

gay-lar ko fagg0t-lar ni.

Sun go beat you tire shouting gay-lar in a hold-up.

"Buy your GAY-lar". Tha fvck ?
The gala man sef go look you begin laugh cheesy
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by megafem1: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnrremedy:
this is meat not bone
but there is bone inside the meat
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by megafem1: 9:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
jnrremedy:
this is meat not bone
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by luswitz(f): 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
B
Papiikush:
Go to Mile 12 and go and be asking for Brisket bone you hear? grin

English is confusing itself...
lols grin
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by realsamibiz(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's Biscuit Bone We Want To Call It. Com An Beat Us Nau
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by DAVE5(m): 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Dongreat:

Mile 12 or 21 it's brisket bone. Biscuits don't have bone cos it's made from dough. Same with cane-sugar not sugarcane. Sugar doesn't have cane but cane has sugar.
Simple.

Wetin dis over sabi dey talk now

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by maisauki: 10:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
OGA, 9JA VERSION BE BISCUIT BONE,
SIMPLE!
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by jnrremedy(m): 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2017
megafem1:

it is the edible part of the bone we call biscuit bone or the biscuit bone u use to eat has meat.

biscuit bone is a local cuisine here it has nothing to do with brisket
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by frankeencense(m): 10:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's so good to learn!
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Momoh7(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
Dem no born my papa for UK
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Elvis295(m): 11:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
That's a big lie and misleading of Nigeriand. Brisket is apart of an animal and most times it's even impossible to see bones in the brisket. However the bones in the brisket can be called brisket bones but it is not the same bone we are referring to Nigeria, what Nigerians call biscuit bones can be found anywhere in the body of an animal.
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Horlahmah(m): 12:13am On Jul 12, 2017
The last time we try to change, we never recover. I beg leave am like that, no change am.
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by DonatusAdorns(m): 12:30am On Jul 12, 2017
This one weak me... #VictimThings#
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Tinyemeka(m): 5:11am On Jul 12, 2017
A vast majority of us are extremely lazy to read or research. sad

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by femi4: 5:27am On Jul 12, 2017
Dongreat:

Mile 12 or 21 it's brisket bone. Biscuits don't have bone cos it's made from dough. Same with cane-sugar not sugarcane. Sugar doesn't have cane but cane has sugar.
Simple.
You just typed rubbish with confidence.

Sugarcane, or sugar cane, are several species of tall perennial true grasses of the genus Saccharum, tribe Andropogoneae, native to the warm temperate to tropical regions of South Asia and Melanesia, and used for sugar production
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by sleepyeyez(m): 6:01am On Jul 12, 2017
mezynaija:
I bet 99.9% of people in Nigeria are guilty of this wrong pronunciation. As seen on Facebook, one Chuzzy Ezeikel, just corrected most of us. See what he shared below:

So its actually BRISKET BONE and not BISCUIT BONE like most of us call it!
Chai... I bow my head in shame.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2017/07/do-you-ever-know-it-was-called-brisket.html

lalasticlala, mynd44 i know you both are victims too, lool grin grin

Ur wrong, oga.
So much wong info on social media.
Mtcheew!
Some of us are not that dumb or allergic to research.
Abeg eh,'brisket' is a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of cattle. (Note that its a specific part of beef).
That's not the only place the so-called 'biscuit' bone is found.
Who knows how many nigerians have swallowed this thrash without bothering to do a lil research. Even the mods sef! Smh!
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by gGGODDd(m): 6:29am On Jul 12, 2017
its called cartilage in d world of science.
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Pylony(m): 7:49am On Jul 12, 2017
For Naija wey we dey so na Biscuit bone, go tell that one to the white man jare.
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by omoiyalayi(m): 8:18am On Jul 12, 2017
Brisket or basket I dnt care

I ve been callin it biscuit bone since I was a child up till now dat am already giving birth so u cnt jst come now & wnt 2 change dat

As far as am concerned it is biscuit bone take it or leave it
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by YBAM: 8:53am On Jul 12, 2017
FACT

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Visenya(f): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2017
Jonbold:
Brisket is not biscuit bone, they are two different parts of the meat. What we call biscuit bone is the cartillagenous part of the meat, but brisket is a kind of fleshy part of a beef please. You guys should stop feeding us with false information because some of us don't know any better. This poster ����is wrong, they are two different parts of meat.�� angry

Sooooooooo...... Correct! That was a fasle info!
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by tosyne2much(m): 9:37am On Jul 12, 2017
KinzyeWriter:
how we wan take know say na brisket bone when the bone its self dey squeeze like biscuit when eating? undecidedhow we wan take know say na brisket bone when the bone its self dey squeeze like biscuit when eating?
I don dey die cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by olowobaba10: 10:17am On Jul 12, 2017
CUT THE CRAP MR TOO KNOW, BRISKET BONE IS FOUND AROUND THE CHEST ON AN ANIMAL WHILE BISCUIT BONES ARE SOFT AND EASY TO CHEW BONES FROM ANY PART OF THE ANIMAL, DO YOUR RESEARCH VERY WELL BEFORE POSTING ONLINE AND STOP DECEIVING PEOPLE .
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Mike008(m): 10:57am On Jul 12, 2017
Hehe.
Quite hilarious, considering I always denote my English proficiency when applying for international Jobs as Fluent.

But come to think of it, nouns could actually get their nomenclatures by what they are popularly called.
I always thought the idea of Buscuit bone came up because the "bone" can be chewed easily, unlike real bones.
And I had always thought the correct biological term for it is cartilage.
I stand to be corrected but I think this Brisket Bone thing doesn't add up either.
Wikipedia defines Brisket as "a cut of meat from the breast or lower chest of beef or veal", and not as a bone.
This meat may of course contains cartilages, but limiting it to only beef or veal means only beef or veal has a brisket. But in the case of our Biscuit Bone, it can be found in most meats.

Brisket therefore is the size and location of a meat in a beef and not necessarily its property, which still remains "biscuit" in nature as popularly called.

So this brisket bone thing may has been misconceived to misinform.
Let us not be misinformed.
Nobody will kill you for using Buscuit Bone. Your message will be rather better conveyed.

1 Like

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by AleeDee(m): 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Im a culprit. Bt it actually sounds like biscuit when chewin. My favorite
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by Sweetguy25: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
AleeDee:
Im a culprit. Bt it actually sounds like biscuit when chewin. My favorite

It is not called a brisket bone. It is called a spongy bone

https://www.nairaland.com/3916639/it-neither-biscuit-bone-nor
Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by ACETACY: 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Jonbold:
Brisket is not biscuit bone, they are two different parts of the meat. What we call biscuit bone is the cartillagenous part of the meat, but brisket is a kind of fleshy part of a beef please. You guys should stop feeding us with false information because some of us don't know any better. This poster ����is wrong, they are two different parts of meat.�� angry

Oga you are misleading your generation. make use of your web and dictionaries. there is nothing like cartilaginous (change your own spelling to that) part of meat known as "biscuit bone". Secondly, justify your case by debating between "Brisket Bone" and "Biscuit Bone" not "Brisket" and "Biscuit Bone" without adding bone to "brisket" pointing that you know what you are doing. why don't you talk about "Brisket and Biscuit" since you don't wanna add bone to "Brisket"

finally, you used your smart phone to post these things, why don't you use it to make a deep research rather than settle for less. I bet you just searched for "brisket" and not "brisket bone". And also, search for "Biscuit Bone" cuz it has it's own meaning regarding to medical condition.

Re: Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? by ACETACY: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
uloho7209:
You're wrong,

Brisket bones aren't exclusively those soft bones that can easily be broken using human canines.

What is a brisket?

meat cut from the breast of an animal, typically a cow.

What are brisket bones?
These are bones found around the brisket. The bones are basically ribs.

I think you should use the 'Googler' now and learn more too.

Biscuit bone, on the other hand, is only recognised by urban dictionary to mean 'fragile bone' or bone that can be easily broken.

Whatever you see in the Urban dictionary doesn't necessarily mean is right, it just means that a particular set of people use the word to the extent it needed to be included in the Urban dictionary.

So, don't go telling someone who knows what brisket bone is that you are eating brisket bone with agidi jollof.

The only time you can safely call bone a brisket bone is if it comes from the breast of the animal. They are basically ribs.

I'd rather call this kind of bones soft bones or bones that can easily be broken. Chewable bones too.

Don't agree to that assertion. I'd rather you stick to your 'biscuit bone'.

God bless you! It seems they have smart phones but only makes use of it on social media

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Student Gets Scholarship From Frank Edwards For Drawing His Portrait(photo) / Shocker: Nigerian University Where Students Defecate In The Open / Babcock University In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.