Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,610 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:52 AM

Economic Activities Boom In Obudu As Ayade Provides Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Economic Activities Boom In Obudu As Ayade Provides Electricity (436 Views)

Onne Port, River State New Hub Of Economic Activities / ‘I Quit As Cross River Governor’- Shock As Ayade Declares / More Photos Of Victims Of Calabar Electrocution As Ayade Promises To Pay Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Economic Activities Boom In Obudu As Ayade Provides Electricity by offiong187: 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Excitement as Ayade provides steady power supply in Obudu

Small scale entreprises and business outlets in Obudu Local Government Area of Cross River State are in celebratory mood as the council now boasts over 10-hour supply of electricity daily.
The boost in power supply in Obudu Council area is one of Governor Ben Ayade's initiative to enhance steady adequate power in the state as part of his "Operation Light up Cross River Programme".
This is expected to be replicated in other seventeen local governments.
Until the new development, Obudu used to experience less than two hours of electricity supply from the national grid.
The pilot project which is an embedded power generating scheme started in 2016.
The power initiative is in fulfillment of Governor Ayade’s desire to supply power to the area and possibly increase their economic activities and the standard of living of the people.
While thanking the governor for his efforts at stimulating the economic activity of the council area, one of the residents, Mr. Emmanuel Agim who owns a mini-super market along  Main Market Road Obudu said: "My business has picked up steadily in the past few days as a result of the steady power supply from morning hours and evening."
Continuing, he said: "I can tell you that many business outfits can now satisfy their customers in the morning rush hours and conduct business late into the night upto 12 midnight before the light goes off for the day.
"I thank Governor Ayade for his great idea in conceptualizing and completing the project.
"Before now, business outfits had to rely on generating sets to power their premises but that is over now. If you come to Obudu at night, you will probably understand what I'm saying."
Similarly, another businessman Mr Adie Agba who owns a barbing saloon  along  Calabar Road said: "I must tell you that I am happy with this situation because it has saved a lot of us in our  business line from the headache of purchasing fuel to run our businesses which depends entirely on light to survive.
"You know that it is very embarrassing when sometimes your clients are waiting to be served and you run out of fuel. Oftentimes when you have not even made enough money to buy some liters of fuel and you are stranded, it can be frustrating."
Re: Economic Activities Boom In Obudu As Ayade Provides Electricity by BigDealz: 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Governor Muhammed Jibrilla Bindow. By Joshua Shalakwan K. (A.K.A / Games Of Throne / State House Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.