Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives (18707 Views)

Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Test, Price And Best Alternatives / Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by henryobinna(m): 7:48am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by gsmcoder: 7:51am On Jul 13, 2017
I can break any Samsung model lock screen, finger print passcode complex pass and pattern even face unlock. For now Iphones are a little harder but still possible.

Unless Samsung starts crypting lock keys with a more secure algo. Maybe more xor
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 13, 2017
Ennyholar:
The fingerprint on the Camon CX is 0.1 sec away from unlocking your device. Fast and convenient

Please, between Tecno Camon Cx air and infinix note 3... Which one is preferable.?
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by AZeD1(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Healer007: 9:01am On Jul 13, 2017
mikeycharles:
bathing 121
undecided
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by collinsmcmorgan(m): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2017
[Fingerprint is just a prank, i have opened up to 10 or more phones using fingerprint. So it is not the best ]
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Psoul(m): 9:26am On Jul 13, 2017
Lighthouseman:
ok.
my phone which was fingerprint and password lock was stolen. will the thief be able to use it since all the apps require my fingerprint to open..?is the phone useless to the thief?

The person that stole the phone started enjoying the phone the next day. we have gurus in this country. It will take them 5mins to open the phone reformat it and insert their own SIM into the phone and start making calls. So my brother the phone is not useless to them. It is very useful to them

Even iPhone that is boasting of their security, boys are are going through the back doors to open the phone. It is happening here in Nigeria.
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Kekekenny(m): 9:28am On Jul 13, 2017
XKZ:

Yep, the BlackBerry picture password is great. You can even ask someone to unlock your device for you and the person still won't know your password.

Yea...that is the best phone security...even if u your eyes glue to my phone during unlocking process..you won't still get it...Blackberry phone security is simply the best..
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by kasley44(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2017
Finger print on my samsung galaxy A7 (2016)
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Psoul(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2017
What happens in case of emergency, u r indisposed and one needs to call someone in ur phone contact so that u could be saved or helped but ur phone is securely locked?
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by dejavuh0007(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2017
For those saying fingerprint is secure. It's as easy as me waiting for u to fall asleep, den I pick up ur phone and easily place ur thumb on d scanner and that's all it takes to unlock ur phone.
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 13, 2017
Lol,dis is funny,,Nigeri thieves no get tym for all this one na,,na to grap d phone run,flash am dat same day,,,no time for picture taking...please give us other reasons
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Dandsome: 10:38am On Jul 13, 2017
Thieves will just flash the phone na
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by kogbaski99: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2017
Nigerian thieves no wan hear that one o
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by bamasite(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2017
LET ME DROP MY VIEWS HERE

1. Just like others have said, most persons (here in Nigeria) that would want access to your phone won't really have the time and technology to film you and then decode that. And the fact they have to do that (film you) sounds funny because they will be easily spotted.

2. Patterns are not as easily guessed or memorised as passwords or pins. My case is a typical example. I have shown my woman my pattern couple of times but she keeps asking me for it when she wants to open the phone. Of course, she rarely has a need to use my phones. However, last week we went out to kilimanjaro and she needed to use my ATM to pay for our orders. Once I gave her the ATM, she simply said "your pin is still xxxx right?" I nodded and she happily went away to use it smiling yet I don't even remember the last time I told her my ATM pin grin grin grin
JUST ENSURE THAT YOUR PATTERNS ARE NOT VISIBLE

3.NEVER STORE VERY SENSITIVE INFORMATION ON YOUR PHONE OR EVEN TRY TO WRITE THEM DOWN....IT IS BETTER YOU MEMORIZE THEM OR HAVE A PASSWORD PROTECTED FILE THAT HAS YOUR SENSITIVE DATA. BUT MEMORIZING THEM IS BEST

4. Dont forget to get all Aliexpress items at up to 50% off on PHCPROMO.COM
5. Never miss a success tip on SUCCESS SECRETS

HAVE A NICE DAY
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by davidodiba(m): 11:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Lucascruiz:
tecno marketer spotted.dont you guys ever give up??

How can we when Techno gives us superior for less? cool
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Confidento(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Well said... and just as every Tech geek would have it, Technology still remains the propeller of development, The Ntel Nova Smartphone is one device you shouldn't fail to check out as a real tech guy.
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by DONOCHAS(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lighthouseman:
ok.
my phone which was fingerprint and password lock was stolen. will the thief be able to use it since all the apps require my fingerprint to open..?is the phone useless to the thief?
Hard reset, flashing the thief is already enjoying it
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by nnamdinho(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
cyber5:

Fingerprint is a great security measure. To me that's the best
not all phone has finger print
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Ennyholar: 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
sexybbstar:

Please, between Tecno Camon Cx air and infinix note 3... Which one is preferable.?

Camon CX is beautiful and sleek
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by cyber5(m): 2:17pm On Jul 13, 2017
nnamdinho:
not all phone has finger print

Yea, so you will have to do with password
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by cyber5(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
AZeD1:

Think again.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/dec/30/hacker-fakes-german-ministers-fingerprints-using-photos-of-her-hands

You are right though even fingerprint enabled devices still advices you to make use of a backup password

i use both on my pc

fingerprint/password for power-on security and login security
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by cyber5(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kekekenny:

Yea...that is the best phone security...even if u your eyes glue to my phone during unlocking process..you won't still get it...Blackberry phone security is simply the best..

iPhone or BlackBerry
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by InvaluableGem: 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
Simplep:
Lol,dis is funny,,Nigeri thieves no get tym for all this one na,,na to grap d phone run,flash am dat same day,,,no time for picture taking...please give us other reasons

I was thinking he would mention something like a hacker viewing one's pattern on one's screen.
To me patterns aren't safe because one can easily view it when the phone is on sleep mode.

1 Like

Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ennyholar:

Camon CX is beautiful and sleek
Thanks!
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by promise46(m): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
SleekMadam:
Reason why I love my cx, the fingerprint scanner keeps my phone secure
For now, I think the finger print feature of most recent phones are the best for now pending when new means of cracking them easily are being found.
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by SleekMadam: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
promise46:

For now, I think the finger print feature of most recent phones are the best for now pending when new means of cracking them easily are being found.

True
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by SleekMadam: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2017
promise46:

Hopefully, they won't be able to crack it and our devices will remain safe
Re: Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 12, 2017
Lucascruiz:
tecno marketer spotted.dont you guys ever give up??
They gats chop naw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Unveils The Zero 6 Flagship Device To Nigeria / Android Users : Who Knows How To Use Mtn Bis With An Android Phone? Pls Help / Why I Won't Give Up My Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.