Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice (865 Views)

President Buhari's Phone, HTC One M8: Price And Features (Photos) / Google Pixel 2 And Pixel 2 XL: Photos, Specs, Prices And More / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice by Cannonleo(m): 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Goodevening,
I know my question may have been probably answered in other posts but I find most of the replies confusing hence I want to ask my questions accordingly and hope this wonderful community grant me answers accordingly

My details are
**Locked**
Evita_UTL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-1111111
HBOOT-2.10.0000
Radio-3.12.38.00.24
0penDsp-v33.1.0.45.11.28
eMMC-boot

Build no:5.08.111.2 cl227463release-keys
Running viperxl 4.2.0
Twrp 3.1. Custom recovery

All through my time flashing custom roms I have never paid attention to my hboot version (i flash mainly viper roms that's why). The only time I did was on my HTC sensation and that was using the pg32...zip file which was automatically detected by the bootloader.

However on my evita device, the bootloader does not scan for zip files(which I think is due to the lack of a removable sd)
I attempted flashing cm 12 and 12.1 partion mod and snapshot roms as unwanted to upgrade to lollipop and nougat (cm 14) they all failed

I skipped the hboot warning using my attitude to sense roms and attempted to flash , it never went through from hboot warnings to evitax schemes and twrp modified for such. Going to the ruu thread even added to more confusion as I can't identify the appropriate 3.18 ruu file for my device

I am really afraid and confused especially after I bricked my HTC my touch4g some years back attempting to flash a ruu file

My questions are
1. Can someone direct me to the appropriate 3.18 ruu file for my device using my details above.

2. I heard flashing a ruu file clears sdcard,custom recovery etc , since I am running a custom Rom ,will the Rom be affected in any way (will it still boot).

3. Am a novice as regards adb and fastboot all my roms have always been manually flashed (thanks to twrp manager). Is there manual means of flashing the ruu file?, if not can I get concise instructions on how to flash via adb as well relevant downloads.

4.how do 1 flash the twrp that supports evitax scheme.

5. Is there a possibility of the existence of a lollipop sense Rom for HTC evita even if it is modded by an individual on any site (like kosta26 still does for HTC sensation of the vipers thread) please point me to it. (even a viper xl mod is appreciated)

6. Any other helpful suggestion will be well appreciated.

Thank you very much , I anticipate your concise replies.

NB: I posted this in xda and havent gotten any reply at all.
I really need help ,want to upgrade to lineage os 14.1 (7.1) but the process is heavy starting from this .
Re: HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice by hyuga(m): 6:42am On Jul 12, 2017
Cannonleo:
Goodevening,
I know my question may have been probably answered in other posts but I find most of the replies confusing hence I want to ask my questions accordingly and hope this wonderful community grant me answers accordingly

My details are
**Locked**
Evita_UTL PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-1111111
HBOOT-2.10.0000
Radio-3.12.38.00.24
0penDsp-v33.1.0.45.11.28
eMMC-boot

Build no:5.08.111.2 cl227463release-keys
Running viperxl 4.2.0
Twrp 3.1. Custom recovery

All through my time flashing custom roms I have never paid attention to my hboot version (i flash mainly viper roms that's why). The only time I did was on my HTC sensation and that was using the pg32...zip file which was automatically detected by the bootloader.

However on my evita device, the bootloader does not scan for zip files(which I think is due to the lack of a removable sd)
I attempted flashing cm 12 and 12.1 partion mod and snapshot roms as unwanted to upgrade to lollipop and nougat (cm 14) they all failed

I skipped the hboot warning using my attitude to sense roms and attempted to flash , it never went through from hboot warnings to evitax schemes and twrp modified for such. Going to the ruu thread even added to more confusion as I can't identify the appropriate 3.18 ruu file for my device

I am really afraid and confused especially after I bricked my HTC my touch4g some years back attempting to flash a ruu file

My questions are
1. Can someone direct me to the appropriate 3.18 ruu file for my device using my details above.

2. I heard flashing a ruu file clears sdcard,custom recovery etc , since I am running a custom Rom ,will the Rom be affected in any way (will it still boot).

3. Am a novice as regards adb and fastboot all my roms have always been manually flashed (thanks to twrp manager). Is there manual means of flashing the ruu file?, if not can I get concise instructions on how to flash via adb as well relevant downloads.

4.how do 1 flash the twrp that supports evitax scheme.

5. Is there a possibility of the existence of a lollipop sense Rom for HTC evita even if it is modded by an individual on any site (like kosta26 still does for HTC sensation of the vipers thread) please point me to it. (even a viper xl mod is appreciated)

6. Any other helpful suggestion will be well appreciated.

Thank you very much , I anticipate your concise replies.

NB: I posted this in xda and havent gotten any reply at all.
I really need help ,want to upgrade to lineage os 14.1 (7.1) but the process is heavy starting from this .
wow, this is a lot. Well i haven't done custom roms over 3/4 years now but ur post really brought back memories.
I think u should unlock that boot loader first using htc dev unlock.
Also, this device is almost a legacy device so i dunno if there could be ruu files to flash straight cos developers would have abandoned any support they are giving it. So i suggest u unlock the boot loader, look for a good recovery, cm 11 rom as it will be d most stable for your device and just flash. Don't push yourself too gate on that device. Sorr i couldn't be of much help. Good luck
Re: HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice by Cannonleo(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
hyuga:

wow, this is a lot. Well i haven't done custom roms over 3/4 years now but ur post really brought back memories.
I think u should unlock that boot loader first using htc dev unlock.
Also, this device is almost a legacy device so i dunno if there could be ruu files to flash straight cos developers would have abandoned any support they are giving it. So i suggest u unlock the boot loader, look for a good recovery, cm 11 rom as it will be d most stable for your device and just flash. Don't push yourself too gate on that device. Sorr i couldn't be of much help. Good luck
my bootloader is currently unlocked, I am running viper xl Rom (custom Rom flashed myself) my issue is that there are no updated sense roms for this device beyond 4.4(kitkat) and they require hboot 2.14 and above for which my device has 2.10.
All updates are in cynogenmod or lineage os which requires updated hboot and evita scheme twrp recovery for changing the internal sd memory to full memory.

I downloaded a couple from slimkat xl thread on xda.
Just need more clarification else am getting the m7 when I have cash cos I have roms for it
Re: HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice by Cannonleo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lalastilala abeg front page , someone needs a great deal of technical assistance Here
Re: HTC One XL RUU File Help And Advice by hyuga(m): 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Cannonleo:
my bootloader is currently unlocked, I am running viper xl Rom (custom Rom flashed myself) my issue is that there are no updated sense roms for this device beyond 4.4(kitkat) and they require hboot 2.14 and above for which my device has 2.10.
All updates are in cynogenmod or lineage os which requires updated hboot and evita scheme twrp recovery for changing the internal sd memory to full memory.

I downloaded a couple from slimkat xl thread on xda.
Just need more clarification else am getting the m7 when I have cash cos I have roms for it
will advice u go get the m7. there is still much support for it. and i doubt u will get newer hboot fot that device honestly (i may be wrong tho). the last time i updated for my younger brother using this same device to cm12 then which wasn't even stable, i regretted it cos he kept nagging me and the internal storage keeps wiping itself after switching the phone off... searched for fixes and couldnt get. so pls do urself a favour and get the m7

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Asus Zenfone V Full Phone Specification And Features / Gionee X1 And Gionee X1s Specs And Price / Unboxing Anker Powercore 15,600mah Powerbank - Best Powerbank Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.