Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways (2302 Views)

Melaye Appears In Senate In Unusual Attire- Daily Trust / Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation / Multi-billionaire And Richest African, Aliko Dangote Empowers Women With $61.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by pcicero(m): 2:15am On Feb 03, 2010
@Jarus
I read the advert too. It's quite hilarious. It sounds just like a government propaganda. Something like "providing 500 jobs this year" and other ridiculous stuffs.
Our man will do better than Magnus Kpakol as NAPEP Chairman.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by mamagee3(f): 3:47am On Feb 03, 2010
Is this a Joke? undecided
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by loma(m): 4:08am On Feb 03, 2010
Great writeup. Similar to the style Abati uses at times
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Jarus(m): 10:12am On Feb 03, 2010
pcicero:

Excuse me
Post modified by poster.

loma:

Great writeup. Similar to the style Abati uses at times
Yeah, I like Abati's style. Very interesting. This is the second time I'm using this style. I used similar style on my piece on Sanusi published in Sun and Daily Trust last year: http://weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1544:an-engagement-with-two-sanusis-critics&catid=1:comments&Itemid=109

PapaBrowne:

And I knew this article wouldn't be complete if Jarus didn't reference Lamidi in it!
LOL. . don't mind me jare. But hope you know it's not a complementary reference here sha.

Tudór:

So why can't suraj just move on and stop crying over spilt milk?

They didn't employ you, fine, move on! No be by force. Haba
Me, work for him. I have never applied for job in his company even as a fresh graduate, and I will never do. I have never been his fan right from my University days.
I don't have any problem with him(and who am I to have, anyway!), but as a public commentator, I am free to comment on anything.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Tudor6(f): 10:35am On Feb 03, 2010
^^
Na lie, immediately after reading your write up i emailed a friend who i knew back then had a first class was absorbed and given a nice ride by jimoh.

It was confirmed you suraj were probably not absorbed for some reason and thats why you're hating. You'd like that car wouldn't you?

Anyway your article makes no sense. . .haven't you heard of Donald Trump and the way his face and name is splattered on EVERYTHING, I Mean EVERYTHING including toys sef. So na today?
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Jarus(m): 11:15am On Feb 03, 2010
It was confirmed you suraj were probably not absorbed for some reason and thats why you're hating. You'd like that car wouldn't you?
Let's know who confirmed what. I don't need his car. I never submitted an application to any of his company. I bought my car with my money.
But no need to drag things like this with you. It adds no value to me. I have people that know me in real life and tehy know my principle and where I stand.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Tudor6(f): 11:38am On Feb 03, 2010
Principle indeed. . .and what stupiid principle justifies chastising a business man just out to sell his image and in effect allow for public and shareholder trust in his companies?

Is it a crime?
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by kaypumpin2(m): 11:49am On Feb 03, 2010
More like Funke Egemode's style in Sunday Sun.Humorously engaging,intellectually witty and incendiary in the subtlest of ways.

Cool!
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by keeeem: 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2010
Tudor!!! Wetin??

You too beef person abeg. This guy has written a nice piece. Please let's give it to him. As a younger generation, let us revel in things like this that add value to our nationhood. This is a public forum where everyone reads. The whitemen are marvelled at the display of intelligence by an African on this site.

Please let's keep it up. The developed world keeps being what is because human beings there have always recognised the little progress made by its people. Let's try to follow in their footsteps. My Yoruba people used to say person wey wan born pikin must rejoice with person wey just born

Jarus, you're doing a great job. Keet it up bros
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by DatNiggaAk(m): 12:16pm On Feb 03, 2010
keeeem:

Tudor!!! Wetin??

You too beef person abeg. This guy has written a nice piece. Please let's give it to him. As a younger generation, let us revel in things like this that add value to our nationhood. This is a public forum where everyone reads. The whitemen are marvelled at the display of intelligence by an African on this site.

Please let's keep it up. The developed world keeps being what is because human beings there have always recognised the little progress made by its people. Let's try to follow in their footsteps. My Yoruba people used to say person wey wan born pikin must rejoice with person wey just born

Tudor probably dislikes him because he is not gay, grin
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by ThinkRait: 12:23pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nice Piece from one of Lamidi's biggest fans.

I thought I was the only one that noticed the showy ways of "James Ibrahimovic".

@Jarus,

Don't go into a personal or personality debate with Tudor. Keep doing what you enjoy doing.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Tudor6(f): 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
keeeem:

Tudor!!! Wetin??

Writing letters ridiculing business men for doing what they do i.e business has now become nation building? Mehn na wa oo
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Tudor6(f): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2010
ThinkRait:

Nice Piece from one of Lamidi's biggest fans.

I thought I was the only one that noticed the showy ways of "James Ibrahimovic".

@Jarus,

Don't go into a personal or personality debate with Tudor. Keep doing what you enjoy doing.
Is it only suraj that should enjoy the privelege to keep doing what he enjoys doing? Jimoh ibrahim shouldn't be allowed to what he enjoys doing i.e run his business and personal life because suraj wants to write an essay?
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2010
suraji it is no longer interesting, when the likes, you claim are better than mr abraham are, if not less, the same fingers of a cancerous hand. your preference for them shows clearly that you are biased. mr recharge card guy was the one and only guy to have announced the burial of, is it mother or sister? on landmark sized billboards all over lagos, what can be more announcing than that? and we all know the antecedents of mallam cement, his friend, vin diesel, and what it has caused nigerians till date.
[s]" The Obasanjo twins and the ‘recharge card’ man employ people on daily basis, open fresh companies or acquire old ones where they create more than 500 jobs at once without any hoopla"[/s]. sounds to me you are praise singing here. if you do not know that, this people plus including mr abrahamovich are one and the same. then it is a pity and your attack clearly petty.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by lewa(m): 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
Jarus, i applaud your satirical take on the so called billionaire.It's only in Nigeria that people
pay for adverts to do these silly things.But alas,it's a way of employment because at
least the newspaper derived some revenue from the bombastic adverts.
Our billionaire is a poseur, a parvenu,an arriviste.Period.
Who cares?? The man is a debtor, a borrower of money and a reluctant one at retiring
his debts.Lamido made all of us aware of this much.
He is just an insecure fellow from the backwoods,who made it albeit dubiously in the
big city.
What is his legacy? What has he given back to society?In civilized places,billionaires
create endowments,they give to hospitals,universities,charities etc
What has he done"Newspaper" billionaire sorry oh
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 03, 2010
lewa:

The man is a debtor, a borrower of money and a reluctant one at retiring
his debts.Lamido made all of us aware of this much.
He is just an insecure fellow from the backwoods,who made it albeit dubiously in the
big city.
What is his legacy? What has he given back to society?In civilized places,billionaires
create endowments,they give to hospitals,universities,charities etc
What has he done"Newspaper" billionaire sorry oh

and name one of suraj,s preferences who are absolved from all the following, all are guilty, and i still find it funny attacking one and condoning the others, lamidi inclusive, who is the result of one of the highest mediocrity ever in nigeria.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by Jarus(m): 5:08pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nice one everybody. Like any other literary effort, I don't expect everybody to share the same view. No. It's just not possible, especially in issues like this.
I knew it will stir debate before posting it here, and that's the beauty of it. We all hold different positions and disagree on different issues. I have never expected my views to be accepted by everybody, but I like making it public, so as to see it challenged, and if convincingly disproved, reviewed.
Re: A Billionaire And His Unusual Ways by lewa(m): 5:28pm On Feb 03, 2010
I am not holding brief for anyone. A lot of the so called billionaires were exposed with their bankers last year.
Their actions bordered heavily on economic saboteurism.
Mine is that their so called wealth including that of the" Newspaper billionaire" came as a result of
cronyism,nepotism and chicanery.Plain and simple.
My reference to lamido is that he exposed the upper crust of the business elite for what they are-brigands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Arunma Oteh Arrest Ndidi Onyiuke 4 Corruption & Sleeping With Obj For Favor? / Another T.B Joshua Prophecy: There Will Be A Plane Crash Involving Politians / Ekiti Speaker's Wife Beats Driver Over Husband's Alleged Affair With Chief Whip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.