Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Jerusalem, Part One. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Jerusalem, Part One. (337 Views)

History: Muslim Siege Of Jerusalem Part 1 / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - How To Fight Spiritual Warfare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Jerusalem, Part One. by Ken4Christ: 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Wednesday, July 12th.
The New Jerusalem - 1.

"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,". (Revelation 21:9-10).

The master piece of the new heaven and the new earth is the new Jerusalem. It is a city designed and built by God himself. It's description staggers the imagination of the mind. There is no word in the dictionary that can adequately describe the beauty of this new city. We will begin to take a step by step analysis of this glamorous city made in heaven and merged with the new earth.

The city is described as "Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal". (Revelation 21:11). The light alone beaming from the city is likened to the reflection that comes from precious stones in its purest and loveliest form.

"And [the city] had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb". (Revelation 21:12-14).

"And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height are equal. And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass". (Revelation 21:16-18). This description is beyond human comprehension. The height, length and breath of the city are equal. The equivalent of the measurement in kilometer is about 2,414 km. The base area it occupies is about 5.8 million sq km. This is about half the size of the entire continent of Europe. Virtually all the present nations in Europe will have to be dissolved away to make room for this mega city. The height of the city is beyond the clouds and reaches into the outer space.

This is God for you. He does things that are far beyond human ability. There will be other cities equally beautiful but with less glory. This new Jerusalem is referred as the bride of Jesus - Revelation 21:9. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this glorious city. Everyone who made it will not necessarily be resident in this new city but will have the opportunity to visit the city without visa. We will talk more about this glorious city tomorrow.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Great and mighty God, I honour you for your immeasurable greatness. I am overwhelmed by the description of the new Jerusalem. Lord, give me the grace to run the race without looking back in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: God’s ability is at work in you. There is no power on earth that can limit you. You will thread on snakes and scorpions and over every power of darkness and nothing shall by any means hurt you in the name of Jesus. Every disappointment will open doors for new appointments in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Isaiah 62:7; Revelation 3:12.
Daily Scripture Reading: 2nd Chronicles 12-13; Matthew 11-13.

Click the link below and join the Rhema For Living Facebook group for daily Rhema.

https://free./634736213366465?refid=27#groupMenuBottom
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional - The New Jerusalem, Part One. by Ken4Christ: 7:40am On Jul 13, 2017
Thursday, July 13th.
The New Jerusalem - 2.

"And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.". (Revelation 21:17-18).

Yesterday, we talked about the large expanse of land space the New Jerusalem will occupy. It is about 5.8 Sq km which is a little above half of the entire Europe. The city has twelve gates and twelve angels in each of the gates. The light radiating from the city is like that of pure jasper.

The opening text in today's study reveals to us that the wall is 144 cubits high which translates to about 65.8 meters. If we take the average height of a storey in a building to be about 10 ft which is about 3 meters, then the wall or fence is about the height of a 22 storey building. The sight alone of this wall can take one's breath away. In addition to this magnificent height, the hall is made of jasper stone which is usually red, yellow, brown or green in colour. This is a perfect blend with the city that is made of pure cold.

Every building has a foundation and this new Jerusalem also has foundations. Amazingly, the foundations that holds the walls of the building are made of twelve precious stones. "...The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst". (Revelation 21:19-20).

"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass". (Revelation 21:21). The glamour of this Holy city is certainly beyond what the human mind can grasp. Even the streets are made of gold.

"And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.". (Revelation 21:22-23). These verses speaks for themselves. No sane person will read these mind blowing details about this Holy Jerusalem and think it is just a fairy tale. Dedicate the rest of your life to the service of the Lord so that God will count your worthy to be a part of the coming age.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious and Merciful father, I thank you for unveiling your future plans for us. I pledge the rest of my life to the advancement of this gospel. Give me the wisdom and boldness to reach out to lost souls so they also can be part of your kingdom in the mighty name of Jesus.

Prophecies: The set time for God to favour you has come. Every wasted years in your life shall be restored. You will pursue and recover all that the enemy has stolen from you in the name of Jesus. You will succeed where people expect you to fail in the name of Jesus. God's wisdom in your life will give you a distinguished preeminence in the midst of your colleagues in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Revelation 21:27; 2nd Peter 3:13.
Daily Scripture Reading: 2nd Chronicles 14-15; Matthew 14-16.

(1) (Reply)

Salvation: How Genuine? / Is It Bad For A Clergyman To Stand A Member Up For Sleeping During Sermon? / The Issue Of Salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.