Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,156 members, 7,849,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (592866 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fineman87:

You mean more Shame for yaribas as confirmed in the new thread that was removed by biased muds.

..that moment when you've finally lost your mind,been defeated and you couldn't take It anymore. kiss

Oga,this temper go cause BP abeg grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Oxtonguy: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fineman87:

Shut up. I followed the topic from the first original thread. We were talking of Enugu and Aba indigenous technological productions before Yoruba started listing alabukun and dudu osun and anthony joshua.
Fineman87:
[/b]YARIBAS AM WAITING. SHOW ME A WHOLLY YORUBA TECHNOLOGICAL PRODUCTION LINE. PLEASE.[b]
If not for Chinese cheesy cheesy. Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Co. Ltd., shortened as IVM, is a Nigerian automobile and bus manufacturing company. It was founded by Innocent Chukwuma and runs a plant in Nnewi in the state of Anambra.[1][2]

70% of the car parts are produced locally[3] while the rest is being imported from Japan, China and Germany.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innoson_Vehicle_Manufacturing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
Banrut Rolls Nigeria Limited -Abuja, the second largest manufacturers of Tissue Paper in Nigeria and neighboring countries.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
Y'all hold the fort strong. I'll be back wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Proforce Limited's Keji Akerele told defenceWeb that the Nigerian Army is due to receive nine Aras and that the production process has started in conjunction with the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON). Deliveries are expected from 2017.

The Nigerian company's Ayobami Omotoriogun told IHS Jane's that Proforce has the steel and glass to begin making the three prototypes of the Ara, with the first to be delivered in December, after which the Nigerian military will start testing the vehicle.

The Ara has a length of 5.2 metres and height of 2.4 metres, ground clearance of .25 metres and gross weight of 19 tons. It has a payload of 1.5 tons and is powered by a Cummins engine delivering 300 hp, giving a top speed of 110 km/h.

Rubbish. Proforce has been demystified in the earlier thread. But please show me their production LINE not a glorified mechanic workshop. Show me something like this.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by vanbonattel: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fineman87:

Rubbish. Proforce has been demystified in the earlier thread. But please show me their production LINE not a glorified mechanic workshop. Show me something like this.

Good.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
Chai. Yorubas are in trouble. No single technological base. Imagine them showing tissue paper and shopping malls. Yeye pipu.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by FKO81(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
I don land
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2017
Silas Adekunle is the founder and CEO of Reach Robotics , a company that has developed the world’s first gaming robots.

ilas was born and grew up in Nigeria before moving to the UK with his family when he was 11.

Silas graduated from the University of the West of England, Bristol , with a first class degree in Robotics.

The gaming robots called MekaMonsters , are multi-functional connected battle bots with augmented reality capabilities.

Silas told his alma mater he got the idea to build the robots while studying there, teaching maths and science in local schools on the university’s partnership scheme. and noticed how unpopular science, technology.

He noticed the students didn’t really like studying science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) subjects. Many schoolchildren didn’t plan on pursuing careers in these areas. So Silas decided to try and bring them on board by teaching robotics.

“Robotics ties in many aspects of STEM, and who doesn’t like robots?” he said.

http://www.lubeynaija.com/2017/07/meet-silas-adekunle-nigerian-builder-of.html?m=1

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5645695_silasadekunle_jpeg570dd12093dfce3215479230a0681589 www.nairaland.com/attachments/5645762_1410795322108_jpeg_jpeg36ff4e4790886a408b330426079342be www.nairaland.com/attachments/5645772_silasadekunle1600x800_jpegfbeef826384b077574a58c1db3ddcf31

Yorubas are not your mate. grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yorubas and technology sha grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by FKO81(m): 6:57pm On Jul 13, 2017
okway:
Yoruba

Dodomayana this is Sab millar products, Sab means South African brewery

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by FKO81(m): 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2017
okway:
Yorubas and technology sha grin

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
FKO81:

Dont mind them. All my pics are from Enugu and Aba. Yaribas scout the internet for one off pics of rubbish that has no bearing on yorubaland or their pipu.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Another Yoruba company teaching Yoruba kids the art of robotics

Tech is the future cool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
okway:
Y'all hold the fort strong. I'll be back wink

Which forte. Yaribas have LOST this one.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nigeria robots driving in Africa technology hub!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei1tUfBn9cw

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
okway:
Laudate, ore mi tipe tipe.
Na you dey mind those idiots grin grin

Their inferiority complex stops them from creating a thread for Ibo success. Abi na me dey stop them? grin grin
My guy, how body? I no sabi dis yah new name, o! Wetin dey happen? cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
okway:

Tech is the future cool

SHAME SHAME SHAME. you are helpless and hopeless.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by FKO81(m): 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
Oxtonguy:
Proforce Limited's Keji Akerele told defenceWeb that the Nigerian Army is due to receive nine Aras and that the production process has started in conjunction with the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria (DICON). Deliveries are expected from 2017.

The Nigerian company's Ayobami Omotoriogun told IHS Jane's that Proforce has the steel and glass to begin making the three prototypes of the Ara, with the first to be delivered in December, after which the Nigerian military will start testing the vehicle.

The Ara has a length of 5.2 metres and height of 2.4 metres, ground clearance of .25 metres and gross weight of 19 tons. It has a payload of 1.5 tons and is powered by a Cummins engine delivering 300 hp, giving a top speed of 110 km/h.

Proforce is owned by Colombians

Adetokunbo Ogundeyin I wanted to be a manufacturer. So we teamed up with some Colombians to set up Proforce in 2008. That was actually how we started the company. And the reason we founded the company, like I said, was due to the high level of insecurity in the country and all over the world. Nigeria is not isolated on this, because when you look at it, the same thing is happening in many countries across the world.

What exactly do you produce in your Ode Remo plant, and can the quality standard be compared with similar products elsewhere in the world?
We make a lot of tactical vehicles, cash-in-transit vans; infantry combat vehicles, armoured patrol boats, Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV’s) and architectural armouring. We are now putting together a prototype military tank. Majority of these vehicles are second to none when you look at the quality. We have brought in expatriates that have a combined 70 years experience in armoring, and these are people who were the top guys where they were working before.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
Yoruba robotic team in international competition

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by SonofDevil: 7:06pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fineman87:

Which forte. Yaribas have LOST this one.
guy this shame is too much obviously u re a small fry grin
Go and call your eldersgrin
Kk let me call them for you

Cc bigfrancis
Pazienza
Ezeuche
Amarabae

Please come and help ur brother oo he just keep posting same pictures with different angle.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by laudate: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
FKO81:
Guy, educate yourself, please! Who set up International Breweries Plc? It was Dr. Lawrence Omole, an Ilesa man. He sold part of his company to a German firm, and those ones in turn signed an operational agreement with SAB Miller to run the breweries. Omole is still one of the largest individual shareholders in the company, after the Germans. Do you even have any idea how much he was paid in dollars for those shares? shocked

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Twistaray(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
[Tiffany Amber.)

Folake Folarin Coker.

Folake Coker is the founder of the world famous brand Tiffany Amber. At an early age Folake was exposed to different cultures. Born in Lagos and schooled all over Europe (Switzerland, Scotland and England), she developed a curiosity for cultures which she later channeled into her love for fashion. She has been globally recognized because of the depths of her colorful creations and it’s the potency of these creations that has made her the only African designer to grace the Mercedes Fashion week in New York two years in a row. It is the reviews from international media agencies like CNN that has stamped the brand as, successfully, a true international brand.

[/quote]

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
Proforce has NO production line. They only strip down, weld armour and assemble. Thats all. Nothing like steel fabrication and processing. Nothing worthy of note. And its not a wholly yoruba company. Innoson also produces armored trucks.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
FKO81:

Proforce is owned by Colombians

Adetokunbo Ogundeyin I wanted to be a manufacturer. So we teamed up with some Colombians to set up Proforce in 2008. That was actually how we started the company. And the reason we founded the company, like I said, was due to the high level of insecurity in the country and all over the world. Nigeria is not isolated on this, because when you look at it, the same thing is happening in many countries across the world.

What exactly do you produce in your Ode Remo plant, and can the quality standard be compared with similar products elsewhere in the world?
We make a lot of tactical vehicles, cash-in-transit vans; infantry combat vehicles, armoured patrol boats, Unmanned Arial Vehicles (UAV’s) and architectural armouring. We are now putting together a prototype military tank. Majority of these vehicles are second to none when you look at the quality. We have brought in expatriates that have a combined 70 years experience in armoring, and these are people who were the top guys where they were working before.

lmao at this inferiority complex.

You wish proforce is owned by Colombia. Pele.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by ODVanguard: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
StOla:
What I've noticed with Yoruba business in an industry where you have the Igbos making a lot of noise, is the modernity of business structure as oppossed to the chaotic alabaru style of their Igbo co-players.

Case in point, Healthplus and Medplus vs the chaotic multitude.

Absolutely. That's the difference between an entrepreneur (Yoruba) and small business owners/traders (Igbos). Entrepreneurs are innovators -- they capture value by reinventing the wheel and seeking out more efficient/technology-friendly ways of doing business, while the average igbo spare-parts trader is still doing 'biznis' the same old way his 'oga' taught him, till they are rendered useless and obsolete or are kicked out of the business altogether.

A 24-year old Yoruba lad already blazed that trail last year by setting up an auto parts e-commerce retail startup, and he's doing great!

http://autofactorng.com/index.php

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/meet-young-man-redefining-auto-parts-business-nigeria/

Same trend is noticeable in the English-sector of 'Nollywood' (which they errorneously claim to have pioneered). The highest grossing box office Nollywood cinema hits ever made have more Yoruba folks as directors than any other ethnicity - 'Wedding Party' (Kemi Adetiba) , '50' (Biyi Bandele), 'October First' (Kunle Afolayan), 'Half of a Yellow Sun' (Biyi Bandele), 'The CEO' (Kunle Afolayan), 'Isoken' (Jade Osiberu), 'Phone Swap' (Kunle Afolayan). The upcoming 'My wife and I', also directed by another Omo kaaro'jire -- Bunmi Ajakaiye.

Yoruba directors are redefining/giving the typical hitherto mediocre Nollywood a makeover by churning out quality movies.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
Twistaray:
[Tiffany Amber.)

Folake Folarin Coker.

Folake Coker is the founder of the world famous brand Tiffany Amber. At an early age Folake was exposed to different cultures. Born in Lagos and schooled all over Europe (Switzerland, Scotland and England), she developed a curiosity for cultures which she later channeled into her love for fashion. She has been globally recognized because of the depths of her colorful creations and it’s the potency of these creations that has made her the only African designer to grace the Mercedes Fashion week in New York two years in a row. It is the reviews from international media agencies like CNN that has stamped the brand as, successfully, a true international brand.

Continue disgracing Yoruba. So this is your technological product abi.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2017
laudate:

My guy, how body? I no sabi dis yah new name, o! Wetin dey happen? cheesy

hehehe grin grin
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by okway: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Fineman87:

Continue disgracing Yoruba. So this is your technological product abi.

Continue disgracing Ibos cheesy

I love the salty ibo tears.

Very noncompetitive hateful people.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Oxtonguy: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
okway:

Tech is the future cool
Nice

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
[/b]Good bye my friends and foe. See ya later.[b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.