Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (588518 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by walefresh3(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2022
Shaolin77:
Shut ur rotten mouth, which Oyo and Ogun is more better economically than SE?

You see why I called you guys propagandist, always exaggerating and lying, Which Igbos MIGRATING to SW for better living, Igbos migrate to Lagos for job opportunities just like other Nigerians, Igbos are not migrating to SW like you guys have been propagating for years now, Igbos might have gone to other Yoruba states just like some Yoruba's are in other Igbo States too, have you been to Onitsha to see how many of your tribes people here living and doing their petty businesses like selling agbo, tailoring, selling rat poison and other herbs , there is even a section of market called OGBO YORUBA were only tribe men stay and sail all their frtish stuggs, rat poison and herbs, nobody is making noise about that or saying Yoruba's are troopping out of their unproductive land, but if its Igbo, hell would let loose that they are running away from their barren land of low igr, vat ,erosion unknown gunmen

And what to you man by importation haven't helped Nigeria as a country, so as we don't produce much things as a country, we should just fold our hands and not import various goods for ppl who need it, every goddamn come entry on earth are into importation and meeting the needs of their people, advancing the economy, and because most Igbos are importers you think we're not into manufacturing as well? Make ur research VP Osinbanjo said NIGERIA WILL have NO BUSINESS WITH CHINA IF ABA IS DEVELOPED', after visiting the city and observing major manufacturing clusters and industries, not to talk of great cities like Onitsha and Nnewi were most of the industries are owned by Igbo indigenes unlike how most industries in the waste are owned by foreigners, you guys are no match for Igbos

Manufacturing and industries we lead
Importation we lead
Education we lead
Banking we lead
Trade and commerce we lead
Telecommunications we lead
Pharmaceutical we lead
Developed and economically viable states we lead

Oga ade don't let us derails dis beautiful thread... If u know say he sure for u join me at ABA vs IBADAN THREAD MAKE I DISGRACE YOUR APU HEAD....
THE only bank owned by ibo man is fidelity bank... Nothing more..u dey here dey lie to your fellow nyamiri miscreants....

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Sergio104(m): 10:11am On May 04, 2022
grin grin cheesy
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 10:17am On May 04, 2022
walefresh3:

Look at dis nyamiri weybbe say naa only English him Sabi type but pack knowledge on how economy growth...
U are quoting 2013 reports .... In 2022.... Your people purshasing power is very poor... That's why your vat revenues is low....
The more u buy/ services rendered the more revenues generated into your state acct... It is automated .. not that tax agency will knock at your door...

Ojoro no dey your peoples are poor... Dey don't have that cash flow to buy thier desire want.....

South east has no economical value to FG that's why your leaders are inconsequential to FG when it come to public opinions

Check what asari dokubo said about southeast below
Mumu , so na only that one you see, telling me its 2013 report, for your info, it has even improved in recent years, if in 2013 Anambra and Abia are top state in cash transaction, what of now they are responsible of over 60 to 70 percent of importation in the country

SE people are poor that is why they lack in vat collection(Oluwale statistics aka Lagos Ibadan newspapers), but they import most of the product needed in this country and even distribute it to other states,

You see, COMMON SENSE IS NOT COMMON

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 10:21am On May 04, 2022
walefresh3:

Oga ade don't let us details dis beautiful thread... If u know he sure for join me at ABA AND IBADAN THREAD MAKE I DISGRACE YOUR APU HEAD....
THE only bank own by ibo man is fidelity bank... Nothing more..u dey here dey lie to your fellow nyamiri miscreants....
Igbos lead and control banking sectors in Nigeria

#Fact
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 10:34am On May 04, 2022
walefresh3:

Look at dis nyamiri weybbe say naa only English him Sabi type but pack knowledge on how economy growth...
U are quoting 2013 reports .... In 2022.... Your people purshasing power is very poor... That's why your vat revenues is low....
The more u buy/ services rendered the more revenues generated into your state acct... It is automated .. not that tax agency will knock at your door...

Ojoro no dey your peoples are poor... Dey don't have that cash flow to buy thier desire want.....

South east has no economical value to FG that's why your leaders are inconsequential to FG when it come to public opinions

Check what asari dokubo said about southeast below
Forget all the yarnings and long epistles in this thread, we know the true reality on ground in yorubaland , hunger, area boys, yahoo, skull mining, fake pastors, ritual, agberos, owo mida,cultist, brown roof and rickety mud houses as a result of abject povert and incompetency are the reality of SW, even OLU OKEOWO attested to that
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Factshunter: 11:14am On May 04, 2022
Shaolin77:
Igbos lead and control banking sectors in Nigeria

#Fact

Dude, will you stop trolling and spamming this beautiful thread already?

Stop derailing this thread enough of your junk and imaginary figures already.

Abeg, waka with your hatred. angry

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Factshunter: 11:16am On May 04, 2022
walefresh3:

Oga ade don't let us details dis beautiful thread... If u know he sure for join me at ABA AND IBADAN THREAD MAKE I DISGRACE YOUR APU HEAD....
THE only bank own by ibo man is fidelity bank... Nothing more..u dey here dey lie to your fellow nyamiri miscreants....

Hey, you guys should stop replying that dude for crying out loud. You are empowering him to spam this beautiful thread and at the same time helping him to derail and ruin this thread with his hatred. angry

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by walefresh3(m): 12:18pm On May 04, 2022
Factshunter:

Hey, you guys should stop replying that dude for crying out loud. You are empowering him to spam this beautiful thread and at the same time helping him to derail and ruin this thread with his hatred. angry
Done and seal bro.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
Shaolin77:
Shut ur rotten mouth, which Oyo and Ogun is more better economically than SE?

You see why I called you guys propagandist, always exaggerating and lying, Which Igbos MIGRATING to SW for better living, Igbos migrate to Lagos for job opportunities just like other Nigerians, Igbos are not migrating to SW like you guys have been propagating for years now, Igbos might have gone to other Yoruba states just like some Yoruba's are in other Igbo States too, have you been to Onitsha to see how many of your tribes people here living and doing their petty businesses like selling agbo, tailoring, selling rat poison and other herbs , there is even a section of market called OGBO YORUBA were only tribe men stay and sail all their frtish stuggs, rat poison and herbs, nobody is making noise about that or saying Yoruba's are troopping out of their unproductive land, but if its Igbo, hell would let loose that they are running away from their barren land of low igr, vat ,erosion unknown gunmen

And what to you man by importation haven't helped Nigeria as a country, so as we don't produce much things as a country, we should just fold our hands and not import various goods for ppl who need it, every goddamn come entry on earth are into importation and meeting the needs of their people, advancing the economy, and because most Igbos are importers you think we're not into manufacturing as well? Make ur research VP Osinbanjo said NIGERIA WILL have NO BUSINESS WITH CHINA IF ABA IS DEVELOPED', after visiting the city and observing major manufacturing clusters and industries, not to talk of great cities like Onitsha and Nnewi were most of the industries are owned by Igbo indigenes unlike how most industries in the waste are owned by foreigners, you guys are no match for Igbos

Manufacturing and industries we lead
Importation we lead
Education we lead
Banking we lead
Trade and commerce we lead
Telecommunications we lead
Pharmaceutical we lead
Developed and economically viable states we lead

it is not my fault you are dull. Alaba education won't help you in discussions like this.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
Factshunter:

Dude, will you stop trolling and spamming this beautiful thread already?

Stop derailing this thread enough of your junk and imaginary figures already.

Abeg, waka with your hatred. angry
Igbos control banks in Nigeria , list bank firm yorubas control larger stakes or head by Yoruba's in Nigeria, let me list Igbo headed and dominated banks let's compare

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MrMaestro: 1:14pm On May 04, 2022
Factshunter:

Agreed. It is my fault, I should not have responded that first time, I believe he’s been seeking attention on this thread for a while now. Let’s all not stop giving it to him henceforth.

DON’T respond to Shaolin77
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 1:27pm On May 04, 2022
MrMaestro:

Agreed. It is my fault, I should not have responded that first time, I believe he’s been seeking attention on this thread for a while now. Let’s all not stop giving it to him henceforth.

Show me prove how Yoruba's are the richest or STFU, seeking attention, from who? I would even like this thread to die a natural death or the mods delete it because it doesn't add up
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 1:30pm On May 04, 2022
Shaolin77:
Said a braindead ofemmmanu propagandist with no common sense

Only a braindead dummy will be talking of cash transaction in this new age as a means of measuring state economy.
This is part of the reason we can't allow petty traders be president of Nigeria. Your people will be pulling stat from Alaba market and iweka road media outlet. We run the tech world while you are anti-tech. NBS and world bank stats will always be there when you are ready to face reality.

i no get your time abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MrMaestro: 1:37pm On May 04, 2022
iblawi:

Only a braindead dummy will be talking of cash transaction in this new age as a means of measuring state economy.
This is part of the reason we can't allow petty traders be president of Nigeria. Your people will be pulling stat from Alaba market and iweka road media outlet. We run the tech world while you are anti-tech. NBS and world bank stats will always be there when you are ready to face reality.

i no get your time abeg.

Stop responding to him. Let him talk to himself.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Kwashiman: 1:47pm On May 04, 2022
iblawi:

i no get your time abeg.

I'm not interested in the rest of the mundane gibberish you wrote, the highlighted part of your post is what caught my attention for how ridiculously daft and preposterous it sounds...the sheer irony of the highlighted is the inexplicable audacity to assert you can't allow "petty traders to be presidents of Nigeria"...meanwhile all the sophisticated idiots and high IQ geniuses from your tribe who have ruled this nation for decades are the reason why Nigeria is an unlivable hell-hole in nearly all indices and metrics today, so are your people any better than these "petty traders?" The smack of a typically arrogant Nigerian.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Factshunter: 2:09pm On May 04, 2022
MrMaestro:

Don't mind him, he's very well known for his bitterness, blind argument, and illiteracy display. I know him quite well.

He's got nothing to offer but frustration and imaginary figures, igbotic logic.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Factshunter: 2:13pm On May 04, 2022
iblawi:

i no get your time abeg.

Please guys, the dude is not a realist, he believes in his imaginary junks and fantasies quoting him will amount to nothing stop helping him to destroy this thread.

Gosh! Can't you guys see hes a troll for crying out loud? angry
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 2:27pm On May 04, 2022
How can someone say yolobas are the richest in Nigeria? What prompted that statement?
Everyone in Nigeria knows who the hardworking, innovative and industrious tribe

Mumu calling me imaginary, igbotic logic, why don't come and list the sectors Yoruba's control and how you arrived at that and I will list the sectors Igbos control with prove, let's have this argument once and for all, if you can't then you are the ignorant slowpoke here with ur imaginary successfulness of Yoruba's in Nigeria

Ndi ara ndi ara
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Factshunter: 2:41pm On May 04, 2022
iblawi:

i no get your time abeg.

You knew you couldn't get this into his f.il.thy and ibotic brain, you knew he would rather stick to his imaginary and unrealistic rubbish why then do you guys choose to quote him in the first place? I can take on the guy myself if I wanted to( like I had done before) but that won't be on this thread and not when I am too busy to engage a bitter soul. FYI, this is not his first time here.

You guys should stop already, a lot of work has been put into this thread and we all saw how the IBO version of this thread died a natural death as a result of lack of content.

This thread needs some clean up right now.
Una want mod to close this thread ni?

cool
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by iblawi(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2022
Factshunter:

Please guys, the dude is not a realist, he believes in his imaginary junks and fantasies quoting him will amount to nothing stop helping him to destroy this thread.

Gosh! Can't you guys see hes a troll for crying out loud? angry
i understand and i have no intension of replying him again
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by crystalpapers(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2022
33-Year Old is Making History as the First Black CEO of P.F. Chang's

Meet Damola Adamolekun, the CEO of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, a popular Asian casual-dining restaurant chain based in the U.S. Since 2020, he has been leading the company to ensure its continued growth and success.

Damola, who is now 33-years old, has been essential in the evolution of P.F. Chang's, one of the largest and most famous restaurant chains across the globe. Even though the brand is still strong, he believed that it is necessary to embrace change to adapt to the uncertain future.

As P.F. Chang's CEO, Damola worked on revamping the dining rooms and revising the menu items. He also initiated the inclusion of delivery and to-go orders which was viewed as unfitting to the brand before. Now the chain operates a number of small fast-casual-type of locations around the country.

True enough, the business survived even when the pandemic hit. What's more, he led the company to a 31.7% increase in sales in 2021 compared to the year before, according to Top 500 chain data from Restaurant Business sister firm, Technomic.

Moreover, Damola is a partner at Paulson & Co., which became one of the principal owners of P.F. Chang's which was bought for $700 million in 2019.

He was also on the board of directors at the International Tower Hill Mines LLC. Adamolekun earned his bachelor's degree in Economics from Brown University and his Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by forgiveness: 11:19am On May 07, 2022
Shaolin77:
Igbos control banks in Nigeria , list bank firm yorubas control larger stakes or head by Yoruba's in Nigeria, let me list Igbo headed and dominated banks let's compare

List of banks in Nigeria

This is a list of commercial banks with International Authorization in Nigeria, arranged alphabetically.

1. Access Bank Plc Igbo largest shareholders
2. Fidelity Bank Plc Igbo Largest Shareholders
3. First City Monument Bank Limited Yoruba Largest Shareholders
4. First Bank of Nigeria Limited Yoruba Largest Shareholders
5. Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc Yoruba Largest Shareholders
6. Union Bank of Nigeria Plc - Foreigner largest shareholders headed by Igbo
7. United Bank for Africa Plc - Anioma Igbo Largest Shareholders while Yorubas are the second largest shareholders.
8. Zenith Bank Plc - Ika Largest Shareholder
9. Citibank Nigeria Limited Foreign Bank Headed by Yoruba
10. Ecobank Nigeria Foreign Bank Headed by Yoruba
11. Heritage Bank Plc headed by SS.
12. Keystone Bank Limited Northern largest shareholder and headed by Yoruba
13. Polaris Bank Limited. The successor to Skye Bank Plc.[2] Northern and Yoruba Largest Shareholders headed by Igbo
14. Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc - Foreign Bank Headed by Yoruba
15. Standard Chartered Foreign Bank Headed by Yoruba
16. Sterling Bank Plc - Yoruba Largest single Shareholder and headed by Yoruba
17. Titan Trust Bank Limited - Foreign Bank Headed by Yoruba
18. Unity Bank Plc - Northern largest Shareholders headed by Yoruba.
19. Wema Bank Plc - Yoruba Largest
Shareholders

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 2:06pm On May 07, 2022
forgiveness:

List of banks in Nigeria

This is a list of commercial banks with International Authorization in Nigeria, arranged alphabetically.

7. United Bank for Africa Plc - Anioma Igbo Largest Shareholders while Yorubas are the second largest shareholders.
13. Polaris Bank Limited. The successor to Skye Bank Plc.[2] Northern and Yoruba Largest Shareholders headed by Igbo
18. Unity Bank Plc - Northern largest Shareholders
Shareholders

List the Yoruba control or headed bank leave Igbo, let's compare

Bank in Nigeria Igbo's, head,control major stake
Polaris bank
Savannah bank
Access bank
Fidelity bank
UBA
Zenith bank
Stanbic IBTC- Igbo woman largest Nigerian stake holder
Union bank
Nova merchant bank
CEO/MD Development Bank of Nigeria
Group MD FBN holding
MD Citi bank

Other banks where Igbo's control it's major assets under the acquisition of ACCESS BANK are
Grobank
Transnational bank
Cavemont bank
BankABC Botswana

Do your research very well
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 2:38pm On May 07, 2022
forgiveness:

List of banks in Nigeria

Shareholders

Guy, please, stop quoting that ibotic guy with his confined and delusional mentality. Don't give him the attention, don't ruin this thread, he's only here out of envy, jealousy, and hatred, and to pollute the beautiful thread.

Common now! angry

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Shaolin77: 6:09pm On May 07, 2022
totit:

Guy, please, stop quoting that ibotic guy with his confined and delusional mentality. Don't give him the attention, don't ruin this thread, he's only here out of envy, jealousy, and hatred, and to pollute the beautiful thread.

Common now! angry
Igbo's control banking sector in Nigeria
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Gomojamm: 8:08pm On May 07, 2022
forgiveness:

List of banks in Nigeria

Shareholders

pls bro, don't reply him again on this thread.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Successkay12(m): 7:44am On Jun 14, 2022
Where is baba ososa BIGI drinks. Have forgotten his name
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by totit: 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2022
Ibadan – Ibadan, the Oyo State capital has been named the second fastest growing city in Africa for the year 2022, according to United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) research

In a post by Business Insider through its official Instagram handle; @businessinsiderssa, Ibadan is rated behind Accra, Ghana and above Lagos, which occupies the third position.

The post, which was captioned— “Top Ten Fastest Growing Cities in Africa”, saw two Nigerian cities occupying key positions.

Some of the key metrics of measure listed by UN-Habitat research are; urbanisation, industrialisation, population and job opportunities.

It added that the growth of these cities can be attributed to population boom and increased economic activities.

According to Brahima Coulibaly, Director of Brookings’ Africa Growth Initiative, “About half of the world’s fastest-growing economies will be located on the continent, with 20 economies expanding at an average rate of 5 per cent or higher over the next five years, faster than the 3.6 per cent rate for the global economy.

“By 2050, Africa’s population is anticipated to reach about 2 billion inhabitants, and more economic activities are taking place, counterbalancing the increasing population.”

The list include the following cities: Accra, Ghana , Ibadan, Nigeria, Lagos, Nigeria, Dakar, Senegal, Abidjan, Côte d’voire,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Luanda, Angola,Kinshasa, DRC,
Nairobi, Kenya and
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Meanwhile, some Nigerian Instagram users have reacted to the ratings, praising the Oyo State governor, ‘Seyi Makinde for his quick, impactful and data based policy making. Other users were simply amazed at the list while others refuted it.

https://vitalnewsngr.com/ibadan-is-africas-second-fastest-growing-city-for-2022-un-habitat

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (Reply)

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.