Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,480 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria (15923 Views)

Protecting Your Brand: Registering a Trademark / What Is The Cost Of Registering Trademarks In Nigeria? / Procedure For Registering A Group Of Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 7:16am On Jul 13, 2017
This topic has been an ambiguous issue for many who want to do company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission. I will just go straight to the point:

Business Names are cheaper to register. This is because of lesser documentation that is needed during registration, and no stamp duties charge as well.
Generally, with a budget of N20,000 or less, you can get this done without sweat.

Limited Companies are costlier because of more documentation, need for professional services and stamp duty charge that will be paid to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) during registration. You will require the services of a professional here to file in as your company secretary (a requirement of Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 as amended), or you might get stuck during the registration.
This will usually cost you around N70,000 for private company (LTD). I do not recommend PLC for startups.

Incorporated Trustees. This category includes NGOs, churches and religious organizations, every non-profit business. Now this involves newspaper publications along with other requirements. You need about N150,000 to get one registered.

You may check here: https://www.nairaland.com/3369172/tips-getting-business-name-approved for tips on how to get your business name approved.

As an Accredited customer of CAC, I answer questions and provide assistance if you have issues with registration, for free

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 8:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
Now concerning the duration of the registration process, this can now be done in less than 1 week for both business names and limited companies.
Non-profit organizations will take more because they require 2 weeks notice to be published on newspapers. Total duration should take about a month.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 8:10am On Jul 17, 2017
Here is useful information concerning how to get a name reservation without stress
https://www.nairaland.com/3369172/tips-getting-business-name-approved
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by desertroad: 8:37am On Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the info
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2017
desertroad:
Thanks for the info
You are welcome. Need any clarification?
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 6:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
FYI. If you need to contact me directly, call, text or use the telegram messaging app only
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by Gospel367: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2018
Please, I want to register a company. I want to go into export, imports and sourcing of agricultural produce. Would u advice me to register for LTD or just as a business? Besides, the LTD/PLC path, is the 70,000 the total cost i will spend with the stamping and other processes u listed involved? Thank u
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 11:54am On Apr 18, 2018
Gospel367:
Please, I want to register a company. I want to go into export, imports and sourcing of agricultural produce. Would u advice me to register for LTD or just as a business? Besides, the LTD/PLC path, is the 70,000 the total cost i will spend with the stamping and other processes u listed involved? Thank u
A LTD company should be ur aim.
Yes for N1m share capital, it includes total cost of CAC documentation and stamp duties at the FIRS.
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by smart6(m): 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
foxychev:
This topic has been an ambiguous issue for many who want to do company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission. I will just go straight to the point:

Business Names are cheaper to register. This is because of lesser documentation that is needed during registration, and no stamp duties charge as well.
Generally, with a budget of N20,000 or less, you can get this done without sweat.

Limited Companies are costlier because of more documentation, need for professional services and stamp duty charge that will be paid to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) during registration. You will require the services of a professional here to file in as your company secretary (a requirement of Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990 as amended), or you might get stuck during the registration.
This will usually cost you around N70,000 for private company (LTD). I do not recommend PLC for startups.

Incorporated Trustees. This category includes NGOs, churches and religious organizations, every non-profit business. Now this involves newspaper publications along with other requirements. You need about N150,000 to get one registered.

You may check here: https://www.nairaland.com/3369172/tips-getting-business-name-approved for tips on how to get your business name approved.

As an Accredited customer of CAC, I answer questions and provide assistance if you have issues with registration, for free.
Post them here. You can also call or WhatsApp 0-8-1-8-8-8-8-7-9-1-1.

Mokpe! Registering an NGO costs that much? Why is that category that high?
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by Gospel367: 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
When u say 1m share capital, that means I must have up to one million naira in my account or what?
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
Gospel367:
When u say 1m share capital, that means I must have up to one million naira in my account or what?

No. It describes how much wealth you want to give your company on start up. I'll save you the technical details, but over time you will credit the company. Generally, if your company does not go insolvent or banktrupt or acquired by another, it does not call for urgency.
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
what about business name registration, how much will that cost?
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by alebz007: 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
Want to make money from the comfort of your home as a student, house wife, graduate And even as a worker?? Do you wish to be a consultant with a Swedish cosmetic company and make money to double your income? Just say hi lemme direct you on how to do so.
Or chat me up on whatsapp... 09057162054.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by lynkyinka(m): 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
@foxychev

please is the 70k valuation to complete registration of an ltd still valid?
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by foxychev(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
lynkyinka:
@foxychev

please is the 70k valuation to complete registration of an ltd still valid?

Yes. Still the same.
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 11:42pm On Jan 07, 2019
Do you have a name you cherished & will like to make it your branded company, when not be like ALAMEDA INTEGRATED GLOBAL LTD. The company promoter contacted us & today his Limited Company is registered.

We assisted clients/ promoters in the following areas:
1. Company Registration (Business Name & Partnership)
2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
3. Incorporated Trustees (Foundation, NGO, Club, Church, Initiative etc)
4. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patents, Specialized Designs)
5. Taxation (TIN Application, TCC Application, CIT Filings, VAT Filings etc)
6. EFCC SCUML Application
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
9. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search etc)
10. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fees).

Some of our services at affordable cost:
Business Name Registration: N20,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N70,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD via call/whatsapp on 08107804290, email: info@gomezconsult.com or visit our website: www.gomezconsult.com. Thanks.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:08am On Jan 09, 2019
Do you have a name that you cherish and will like to make it an household company brand, take hold of your future & that of ur wards.

Contact us today like ANIDOT-PLUS NIGERIA LTD, let’s assist you register your company.
Visit gomezconsult.com, Call/WhatsApp: 08107804290 or mail info@gomezconsult.com

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:10am On Jan 09, 2019
Do you desire to register a business name, one that is afforadable, void of stress & queries from CAC. Why not contact us like the proprietor of ROYALE SPRINGS today.

Contact your CAC accredited firm on 08107804290, visit gomezconsult.com or mail us: info@gomezconsult.com.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:12am On Jan 09, 2019
There is unregistered group of shop owners in MOSAN AKINOGUN area in Ipaja, Lagos. They contacted us & today we have started their registration as MOSAN-AKINOGUN LOCK-UP SHOP ASSOCIATION.

Why not let’s give your NGOs a legal brand with the CAC. Contact us now on 08107804290, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:14am On Jan 09, 2019
The client called & ask if we could assist him achieve a corporate name for his diverse businesses. That was how POJALA INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LTD was birth.

I know you have some businesses you’re engaged in, let us help couch a business objectives that suit you. Call 08107804290, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:16am On Jan 09, 2019
Yes, I have a registered limited company but I need a group of company. I want to be like Dangote, Ibeto, BUA etc.

Contact us today like the shareholders of TRANSPARENT ENERGY GROUP LIMITED.

2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
10. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations at a subsidized fees).

Business Name Registration: N20,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N70,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD via call/whatsapp on 08107804290, email: info@gomezconsult.com or visit our website: www.gomezconsult.com. Thanks.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
The proposed company name “POJALA INTERNATIONAL SERVICES LTD” was reserved on Tuesday and today Thursday the proposed is now a fully registered legal person.

Just within 3 days, a proposed name became registered. No story, everything sharp sharp!!! Contact us on 08107804290, mail us on info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Others ongoing jobs are also inclusive.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:38pm On Jan 13, 2019
It is officially registered. TRANSPARENT ENERGY GROUP LIMITED is now a registered group of companies.
Do you desire same, free feel to contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2019
ANIDOT-PLUS NIGERIA LTD commenced its registration process on 7th January 2019, it was officially registered as a legal person on 14th January 2019. Making 5-7 days promise a reality. Do you desire same, free feel to contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 12:47am On Jan 18, 2019
She called all the way from AWKA, ANAMBRA never saw us in person but she believe we could assist her register FREDRICK NWANKWO NWEKE FOUNDATION.

It actually became a reality after 29 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public notice).
What are you waiting for? Contact us via 08107804290, or mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by Yhemit(m): 5:04am On Jan 18, 2019
how much is your Nadfac registration fee
Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 7:15am On Jan 18, 2019
Yhemit:
how much is your Nadfac registration fee

Firstly, what product registration are you interested in

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 10:26am On Jan 19, 2019
The director of CROWNPILLS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD said, “O Wow! This is Magic”. Now, what is the magic The magic is when a Private Limited Company is commenced and incorporated within two days (that is, from name reservation to certification).

Why not contact Gomez Corporate Consult LTD today. Call/Whatsapp: 08107804290/08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N120,000 (Certificate will be out within 30 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2019
According to several statistics Nigeria still remains the economic hub of Africa. Are you a foreigner who is interested in running an investment company in Nigeria?
Have you heard of the necessary requirements for a Foreign Company in Nigeria (like Expatriate Quotas, CERPAC e.t.c.)
Why not contact us like AFRICAN VOICES DUBBING COMPANY LTD. All services are affordable and time conscious
Contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 5:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Are you interested in registering a NGO, Foundation, CSO, Club, Church, Initiative, Association? Why not be like the TRUSTEES OF THE INITIATIVE FOR NOT TOO YOUNG AWARENESS.
We will guide & assisting you in achieving your proposed NGO within 29 days (inclusive of 28 days for public notice)
Do you desire same, free feel to contact us on 08107804290/ 08102794272, mail info@gomezconsult.com or visit www.gomezconsult.com.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Others ongoing company registrations are also inclusive.

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by DeConsultant: 8:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
Going to schools & acquiring certificates is good, but what is better is to convert the acquired knowledge & skills to essential services & commodities to best oneself & mankind in general.

Why not turn your skills to a company, be like ACCOUNTING WIZARDS. Contact 08107804290/ 08102794272 or mail info@gomezconsult.com today.

7. NAFDAC Registration

Business Name Registration: N15,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 working days)
Limited Liability Company (1 million share capital): N50,000 (Certificate will be out within 5 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N100,000 (Certificate will be out within 32 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for public opinion).

Re: Cost Of Registering A Business In Nigeria by tonylaw07(m): 10:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
Good day.
Please i would like to know what it would cost to have a business name name changed. I had the business name registered in 2011. I have not used it for any business transaction.
Thanks God bless.
Tony

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Identify A Very Profitable Business Idea - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / Over 30 Taxes Choke Industries In Nigeria As FG Plans 18 More / What Business Can A 19 Year Old University Student Do To Earn A Living?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.