Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today (39549 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 85th Birthday: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Him / Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Jaqenhghar: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2017
banmee:

Like play like play, this guy sabi English pass me. For Nairaland? Wedonsa.
This guy na senior man. You for see am for music section. Him rhymes go fear Tupac Amodu Shakur grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by banmee(m): 11:31am On Jul 13, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

This guy na senior man. You for see am for music section. Him rhymes go fear Tupac Amodu Shakur grin

Looooooooooooool. grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by banmee(m): 11:32am On Jul 13, 2017
DarkRebel69:

You no serious. Who English epp? grin

Omo, Baba Soyinka don dey old ooo. Him self don dey near grave, and I don vow say I must meet this man, nay, this legend, before him die. How e go be now? angry grin

I have say, when he's gone he'll be surely missed. Legend.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal:
not capital, lobber.... Blood is for family link, meaning brothers... If u a a red hl I will call u blood..... Whwre do u hear about pirates counting scores in institutions sef!
You are the lobber if you have to cap here. I'm not your breed. Whatever I do, I think for my self. Not swallowing some crap ot. Sit your myopic self down and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2017
banmee:

Exposure and education are two indespensable ingredients for a well informed and successful life. Guy you need to step up.
You are educated and exposed but can't spell indispensable? I have gone deeper in this than a lot of people. But it's funny you chose to banter against my troll account. It's your lucky day... I have your time. So mr educated and exposed illiterate... outline the highlights of the success story of NAS.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Dicksonpal: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:

You are the lobber if you have to cap here. I'm not your breed. Whatever I do, I think for my self. Not swallowing some crap ot. Sit your myopic self down and stop deceiving yourself.
u smoke weed, high weeding is not allowed, now tell whom the lobber is, u high lobber impersonating fuckard!! U r a disgrace yourfather!

Modified.. For the record fool.,cappin Na for lords u sick fuckard
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by banmee(m): 11:52am On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:

You are educated and exposed but can't spell indispensable? I have gone deeper in this than a lot of people. But it's funny you chose to banter against my troll account. It's your lucky day... I have your time. So mr educated and exposed illiterate... outline the highlights of the success story of NAS.

I will educate you. Give me 40 minutes. Just got of duty. You be real olodo. Just wait.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
banmee:

I will educate you. Give me 40 minutes. Just got of duty. You be real olodo. Just wait.
Got off. Which school did you attend? Are you one of the sea dogs? More like street dog.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal:
u smoke weed, high weeding is not allowed, now tell whom the lobber is, u high lobber impersonating fuckard!! U r a disgrace yourfather!

Modified.. For the record fool.,cappin Na for lords u sick fuckard
You know nothing little boy. Stop barking. You're a pawn and pawns shouldn't talk much. If I have to impersonate, I'll do that for the likes of Zuckerberg. But continue disgracing your family. As if you'll have this balls if this wasn't a faceless forum.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal
Banmee
Let me address you dogs together. But first, bark lemme see if you're big dogs. Hmmm... just as I thought. A pair of stray neutered puppies. You are cultists abi? Thunder fire both of you. And you are defending it? Foolish mongrels. Go and educate your father. I'm sure he'll be proud. Mongrels breed mongrels.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Dicksonpal: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:
Dicksonpal
Banmee
Let me address you dogs together. But first, bark lemme see if you're big dogs. Hmmm... just as I thought. A pair of stray neutered puppies. You are cultists abi? Thunder fire both of you. And you are defending it? Foolish mongrels. Go and educate your father. I'm sure he'll be proud. Mongrels breed mongrels.
no be everybody wey dey defend soyinka and his ideology is a bloody cultist... People like you are just the exact match for a messed up society like Nigeria, you are proud of smoking weed, right,... U just an irresponsible dumb nigga hiding behind the keypad to spew shit about wht you don't understand.... Smoking weed is aiidy a bad thing I can guess you are into other vices.... Who get time dey do cult shit... I knw more Dan ur father stinking lobber
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Dicksonpal: 12:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:

You know nothing little boy. Stop barking. You're a pawn and pawns shouldn't talk much. If I have to impersonate, I'll do that for the likes of Zuckerberg. But continue disgracing your family. As if you'll have this balls if this wasn't a faceless forum.
yes Zuckerberg smokes weed too right.... Double standard....
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by DarkRebel69: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
banmee:

I have say, when he's gone he'll be surely missed. Legend.

No doubt about that.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal:
no be everybody wey dey defend soyinka and his ideology is a bloody cultist... People like you are just the exact match for a messed up society like Nigeria, you are proud of smoking weed, right,... U just an irresponsible dumb nigga hiding behind the keypad to spew shit about wht you don't understand.... Smoking weed is aiidy a bad thing I can guess you are into other vices.... Who get time dey do cult shit... I knw more Dan ur father stinking lobber
If you are not a cultist, then what is lobber? Are you not proud of being a dog? Why dog sef? Why not lion? Why can't you write like you're educated? So many questions for you. Just answer them one after the other. I have more for you. Puffing my weed. No dogs allowed. Oya bark for me dog.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Dicksonpal: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:

If you are not a cultist, then what is lobber? Are you not proud of being a dog? Why dog sef? Why not lion? Why can't you write like you're educated? So many questions for you. Just answer them one after the other. I have more for you. Puffing my weed. No dogs allowed. Oya bark for me dog.
respect to cbt 05 no time... Put my jolly Lisa on loud speaker..
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal:
yes Zuckerberg smokes weed too right.... Double standard....
How would you know? You only know dogs. It's like you joined recently. It's still exciting you abi? The old dogs are quiet because they hate remembering their wasted years. You're not even a sea dog. Probably a lover. Poor you. Come and join ogboni. Bring your family along. Help your destiny.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Dicksonpal: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by julioralph(m): 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I on behalf of the Igbos on Nairaland
And the Indigenous People of Biafra wish the Prof a very happy birthday.

[s]Even though we all know Chinua Achebe deserved that Nobel Prize in Literature and not you.[/s]
I still admire you.
Thanks for your literary works,
Thanks for your nonconformism
Thanks for the SeaDogs
Thanks for speaking up against oppression.

Happy birthday and many more years sir!
Not everyone happens to be a bitter, ethnic bigot like you, you know.. tongue tongue tongue

Soyinka fully deserved the Nobel prize he got, and Achecbe should have gotten one as well.

BTW, who says Nigeria should be limited to only one Nobel Laureate huh Why not two or three?

In your quest to become famous on Nairaland, you keep pulling all sort of stupid stunts.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by oloshelu1: 12:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
happy birthday to a great legend
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Basic123: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
bakynes:

Wetin dey worry you Igbo people sef, must you compare him with Achebe, he has a Nobel Laureate prize your Achebe doesnt have, so tell me who the world recognizes the most?

serously.

Igbo too dey feel inferior.

we will be talking about wole soyinka,they will drag achebe into it.

we will be talking about lagos and ogun,they will drag anambra pictures into it or declare they are not yoruba land or that they developed them.

THE price is nobel prize for LITERATURE not for PROSE OR THINGS FALL APART.Achebe write only prose and poem.Wole write poem,prose and drama and even act and direct on theatre.The oyinbos know what they are doing.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Basic123: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
julioralph:

Not everyone happens to be a bitter, ethnic bigot like you, you know.. tongue tongue tongue

Soyinka fully deserved the Nobel prize he got, and Achecbe should have gotten one as well.

BTW, who says Nigeria should be limited to only one Nobel Laureate huh Why not two or three?

In your quest to become famous on Nairaland, you keep pulling all sort of stupid stunts.

chinua achebe was not even nominated along with wole that year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Jelal0007(m): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
john4reala:
FOOLISH MAN!! You are a course to Nigeria, you formed a fraternity where they kill themselves like animal, Now you brainwashed so many Nigerians that buhari will transform Nigeria in a twinkle of an eye! Because of the level of your education and wiseness everyone trooped out and vote for the Nomadic man! The man has spent most of his times in London!
Your stupid!ty knows no bound. That man has achieved more than any scum that'll come 4rm ur bloodline. Dumm¥. Go get ur brain ur brain examined,buhari-obsessed I'd!0t.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by julioralph(m): 12:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Basic123:

chinua achebe was not even nominated along with wole that year.
Pls help me tell those kids o.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
Happy birthday Captain Blood of Tortuga.

May you derio forever. Ahoy seadogs. . . Rum pyrates rum.

We chant!

Yoha to ur bones!

Ahoys!

Pointless altercating an atos . . . it could have been worse!

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by kindredspirit(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
banmee:

Diet n Jazz away. Altercation is pointless.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Acheron: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal:
not capital, lobber.... Blood is for family link, meaning brothers... If u a a red hl I will call u blood..... Whwre do u hear about pirates counting scores in institutions sef!
You're a mimic so die it.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Acheron: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2017
DrWise:
Happy birthday Captain Blood of Tortuga.

May you derio forever. Ahoy seadogs. . . Rum pyrates rum.

We chant!

Yoha to ur bones!

Ahoys!

Pointless altercating an atos . . . it could have been worse!
O Dr
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by banmee(m): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dicksonpal:

ismokeweed:
Dicksonpal
Banmee

Alright so, you know what your problem is? Education and exposure. Basically, in your minds because you had a poor excuse for an education, it has completely stunted your mental and psychological development. The funny thing is you will still stand up to be counted if asked if you did go to one. The second problem is exposure. You have been so imbibed into the archaic norm in Nigeria that normalcy is alien to you. What is normal is absurd in your small minds. I was a member of a fraternity in college. It was a collection of like minded students who had the same goals and ideals and we worked together to achieve it. Guess what? we never killed nor harassed anyone. In fact it was thing of pride to be part of our fraternity so much so the every male student wanted to be part of it. Now, like i said before, Soyinka thought he was dealing with human beings not knowing that in fact a huge percentage of Nigerians in Nigeria are basically bloodthirsty animals. He saw the good fraternities did in the civilized societies and thought he could bring such ideas to the animals in Nigeria. That is where he failed. Animals like yourselves don't know what is good for you. You prefer to live, eat and breed in ignorance and squalor. Hence the dilemma you find yourselves. How is it possible that what works in normal society becomes an abomination in that zoo you call a country?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Acheron: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
ismokeweed:

Bro, this is a public forum so pls let's try and be civil. I can tell you're educated so I expect you to be able to dig out information on things you know nothing about. Go to NAS official website and read about the confraternity.

You probably might be judging NAS based on what you saw during your university days but I assure you that those on your university campus are illegals and NAS has nothing to do with them. I've said enough but pls, research on your own and be properly informed.

www.nas-int.org

Thanks
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I on behalf of the Igbos on Nairaland
And the Indigenous People of Biafra wish the Prof a very happy birthday.

Even though we all know Chinua Achebe deserved that Nobel Prize in Literature and not you.
I still admire you.
Thanks for your literary works,
Thanks for your nonconformism
Thanks for the SeaDogs
Thanks for speaking up against oppression.

Happy birthday and many more years sir!

Woke soyinka literature has more depth than Chinua Achebe's. That's a fact all literally heads attest to.
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by mzkiz: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
happy birthday sir
Re: Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
banmee:

Alright so, you know what your problem is? Education and exposure. Basically, in your minds because you had a poor excuse for an education, it has completely stunted your mental and psychological development. The funny thing is you will still stand up to be counted if asked if you did go to one. The second problem is exposure. You have been so imbibed into the archaic norm in Nigeria that normalcy is alien to you. What is normal is absurd in your small minds. I was a member of a fraternity in college. It was a collection of like minded students who had the same goals and ideals and we worked together to achieve it. Guess what? we never killed nor harassed anyone. In fact it was thing of pride to be part of our fraternity so much so the every male student wanted to be part of it. Now, like i said before, Soyinka thought he was dealing with human beings not knowing that in fact a huge percentage of Nigerians in Nigeria are basically bloodthirsty animals. He saw the good fraternities did in the civilized societies and thought he could bring such ideas to the animals in Nigeria. That is where he failed. Animals like yourselves don't know what is good for you. You prefer to live, eat and breed in ignorance and squalor. Hence the dilemma you find yourselves. How is it possible that what works in normal society becomes an abomination in that zoo you call a country?
So it's this one you have been typing since that time? Ok. Let's start. You belonged in a fraternity. There was no killing and harassment. Who cares? We're talking about the fraternities here and their origin. Your problem is myopia. Have you really run things in a Nigerian university? I see kids just try to glorify stuff and I laugh. We grew inside fraternities and schooled inside them. You're a slowpoke if you try to justify the creation of pyrates confraternity and try to claim they started a good thing and people evil 'Nigerians' spoiled it. It was never good from the start. It's this same sugar-coating bullshit that has led so many young ones down that path with vain meaningless words spewed. Captain blood can try to launder his image to ignorant peeps determined to try to wash someone's name to be spotless. But not me. In what world does one emulate fraternities like Alpha Sigma Epsilon by creating something called Pyrates? Seriously? Pirate? And those bullshit spewed about fighting for equality? The image may have been laundered to the public by withdrawal from campuses and claiming not to be a cult. But you are an idiot for implying that Nigerians spoil everything while you and soyinka are Nigerians too. Now that the rest cults have gone haywire on campuses and streets, the pyrates are claiming angels. Now I've pretended like you're sensible. Back to troll mode. Now bark for me dog.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kumalo................supreme Confraternities / The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / Siblings.............

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.