Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop (1053 Views)

Dell Launches World's First Wireless Charging Laptop |trendsgadget.com / NEW! Wireless Charging Laptop / Check Out This Sticker That Gives Wireless Charging Capabilities To Any Device. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop by emmyw(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2017
Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop

Dell introduced the Latitude 7285, the first 2-in-1 laptop with wireless charging. This works similarly to some smartphones: simply you put it in contact with a special base, and it recharges the battery.
The power receiver is on the detachable keyboard, which uses WiTricity technology. It provides 30 watts via MRI and does not require accurate alignment on the charging base for easy use. The base, of course, needs a cable to connect to the outlet.

WiTricity has been demonstrating its wireless charging technology for about a decade, but it has not yet been widely adopted. Intel even partnered with the company, promising laptops that would dispense cables to charge the battery, but that never materialized – in fact, it shied away from the initiative as it focused more on the cloud and less on PCs.

Meanwhile, Dell kept the interest. It launched the first wireless charging laptop, Latitude Z, in 2009. And, since last year, the manufacturer has been demonstrating prototypes of laptops with WiTricity.

Now finally, Dell has a product ready for consumers, but it comes out expensive. The complete kit – including the Latitude 7285, keyboard and charging cradle – costs as low as $ 1,720. (Single tablet starts at $ 1,200.

The basic model has Intel Core i5-7Y54 processor, 8GB RAM, and 128GB SSD. (You can increase the RAM for up to 16 GB, and the SSD for up to 512 GB.) The 12.3-inch display has 2880 x 1920 resolution and 400-nits brightness.

There is an infrared camera for login without password through Windows Hello. We also have two Type-C USB ports, which can be used to charge the 34 Wh battery – yes, it comes with a traditional charger. The tablet weighs 680g; With the keyboard, are 1.36 kg.
Latitude 7285 is now available for purchase from the US via the Dell
website , however, there is still no information about a launch in India.
CC: Lalasticlala
Source: http://www.heroslodge.com/328/meet-the-world-s-first-wireless-charging-laptop
Re: Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop by Freethought(m): 8:57am On Jul 13, 2017
I dnt knw.. I'm just so allegic to Dell laptops
Re: Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop by emmyw(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2017
Freethought:
I dnt knw.. I'm just so allegic to Dell laptops
Really? grin grin grin
Re: Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 13, 2017
Chei! Money ooooo
Re: Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop by emmyw(m): 10:43am On Jul 13, 2017
Beckino:
Chei! Money ooooo
grin grin
Re: Meet The World’s First Wireless Charging Laptop by emmyw(m): 10:44am On Jul 13, 2017
CC:Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Computer Gurus Please Help / Please How Do I Downgrade My Laptop From Windows 8.1 To Windows 8 / Help! The Laptop Won't Boot..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.