Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) (747 Views)

Musa Galadima Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Ebiraland Dies At 98 / Muslim Woman Leads Prayers, Receives Death Threats From Round The World / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Trottle: 12:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Our Sheikhs in the house. I found this piece on the net. "What say thou?"

In our world today, more attention is being given to extremism and the negative impact it has on the religion. However, a careful study of the lives of liberals and the extremists should bring anyone to the conclusion that "The liberals and extremisms are brothers." Distorting and negating fundamental teachings of the religion are required to be a liberal or extremist and anyone who studies the religion from the lives of a liberal and extremist misunderstands the religion.

Islam is a religion that understands and teaches respect of our religious differences. It is against hypocritical friendship/relationship.

The verse "Lakum deenukum wa liya Deen" does not mean not saying the truth about your religion in the presence of other religions. If someone cannot tolerate the truth from your religion, his level of tolerance should be questioned not yours. The essence of the verse is understanding and respecting our differences not tolerance, compromise that breeds nothing but hypocrisy.

The evils of liberals and extremists are much. In summary, when the religion asks you to leave people of other faiths to their religion, a liberal goes to practise their religion with them while the extremists would decide to harm them in the name of He that sent them not.

To a liberal, the one who practises Islam as it should be practised is seen as an extremist while the extremist sees him as a liberal.

Someone who studies Islam from a liberal sees the Muslim as an intolerant extremist. He sees the liberal as a perfect example of a "good Muslim" thus misunderstanding the religion. The liberal goes to celebrate the death of Jesus with a Christian to the joy of the Christian. Such Christian might know or not that the Qur'an says Jesus was not crucified; what a friendship based on lies, falsehood and hypocrisy!!!

One who studies Islam using the extremists as a standard also misunderstands the religion because to him, the extremist justifies his actions with the Qur'an while he sees the liberal as a "moderate Muslim" that does not follow the "extreme" teachings of the Qur'an.

It came as a surprise to many when Buhari ọmọ Musa was invited to a Celestial church to deliver a lecture on "Holy Mary in Islam" in a "Blessed virgin Mary feast". Buhari ọmọ Musa went as an "Islamic lecturer" only to pray in Jesus name.

While it is not on me to declare someone as Kafir, does praying in Jesus name not amount to associating partners with Allah? Did he pray believing or hoping the prayer would be answered or he just did to buy the audience? Whichever, they are not befitting for someone who claims to represent Islam.

The likes of Buhari ọmọ Musa are threats to Da'wah. They deface Islam and make Muslims that practise Islam as it should look extreme. The thousands of liberals will justify their actions by what Buhari Ọmọ Musa and his likes do.

How can an average Muslim tell a Christian during a discourse the meaning of Lakum deenukum wa liya Deen without the Christian referencing Buhari ọmọ Musa and his likes. Such Christian will further query the Muslim's Arabic knowledge compared to Buhari ọmọ Musa's.

If there is an Islamic body that sees to affairs like this, Buhari ọmọ Musa should be cautioned and such lecture should be stopped in future. How can an Islamic lecture conceal the word of Allah when an opportunity was given to him. If he cannot, why accept the invitation in the first place.

This is a Fitnah and silence is not golden in this regard. If he cannot declare himself an entertainer, we can urge him to change, help him with prayers and let people know that Buhari ọmọ Musa does not in any way represent the Muslims perhaps his stomach.

It is sickening to read a comment from a Christian, "Celestial church and Islamic practises are similar". innaliLlahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un. My response, "Yes, the Celestial church practises can only be similar to a Yorubalized version of Islam"

Extremists and liberals do not represent Islam and they can never be perfect examples of a Muslim.As we sought Allah's aid, may He rectify our affairs. Ameen.

(https://knowislam.com.ng/liberalism-and-extremism-threats-to-dawah/ )

Bashir Lucas Samson Lukman @knowislam.com.ng

Empiree
Emekaraj
Ikupakuti
Wizeboy
Ladunal
Maclatunji
Sissie
AlBaqir
AbdelKabir
And others
Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
He was never a muslim na. . have u ever hear a sufi thats a muslim? tasowufu and islam can not stay together . .tasowufu is kufru. . everYthing he says in the deen is kufru.. well, calling a kafir a kafir is a must in islam... and calling a muslim a kafir makes one a kafir instantly. . .jp
Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Aminu212: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2017
AhluSunnah:
He was never a muslim na. . have u ever hear a sufi thats a muslim? tasowufu and islam can not stay together . .tasowufu is kufru. . everYthing he says in the deen is kufru.. well, calling a kafir a kafir is a must in islam... and calling a muslim a kafir makes one a kafir instantly. . .jp
You need to know the meaning of Sufism

As for the op, i need audio or video to justify this case.
Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Empiree: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2017
i read it by lucas bashir on whatsapp. Sheikh Buhari was wrong in his approach. He could do better than that or better still, leave dawah for ACADIP network. This is few minutes clip below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fA5_Jkg_Dk

However, i dont want to judge too much base on this 4 minutes video bcus it is not comprehensive enough.I think his mission is about fostering muslim-christian relationship. There is nothing wrong with a muslim to be invited to church. I am only against him saying "In the mighty name of Jesus you will be blessed" There should always be a lie you dont cross btw religious tolerance and compromise.

Below is a comment from the YouTube video

they would not invite him because they are not ready to be accept the truth... but Sheik Buhari was there to foster muslim-christian relationships... nothing more and he did delivered some bitter truth to them stylishly

@Aminu212, this "ahlusunnah" guy is a kid with 10 kobo brain. He is a waste of time. His religious understanding is very limited and dogmatic

1 Like

Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Trottle: 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Empiree:
i read otit by lucas bashir on whatsapp. Sheikh Buhari was wrong in his approach. He could do better than that or better still, leave dawah for ACADIP network. This is few minutes clip below

However, i dont want to judge too much base on this 4 minutes video bcs iot is not comprehensive enough.I think his mission is about fostering muslim-christian relationship. There is nothing wrong for a m uslim to be invited to church. I am only against him saying "In the mighty name of Jesus you will be blessed" There should always be a lie you dont cross btw religious tolerance and compromise.

they would not invite him because they are not ready to be accept the truth... but Sheik Buhari was there to foster muslim-christian relationships... nothing more and he did delivered some bitter truth to them stylishly

@Aminu212, this "ahlusunnah" guy is a kid with 10 kobo brain. He is a waste of time. His religious understanding is very limited and dogmatic

Sure. However, there are some things I've discovered from him after listening to his lectures.

I've also been deliberating recently about his lectures. He is more of an entertainer and money conscious fellow than a sheikh calling people to Islam.

How can a scholar;

1. Hold the hands of a non-mahram lady during a lecture of his, I think "Alhaja" Tayebi or one of those female singers, I can't recollect.

2. How can one of the Ummah of Rasulullah (S.A.W) claim he follows Prophet Nuh (sent to another Ummah entirely) while selectively following Rasulullah. What do you think? (Enlighten me on this).

3. Why should a scholar openly claim he has charms leaning on the negative side terming it "asiri" (secret). He mention this in a lot of his sermons.

4. Why should a person like him talk condescendingly about the leader of the Muslim Ummah in Nigeria; the Sultan of Sokoto and idolizing his own emir.

5. Why should an Islamic scholar associate and thoroughly mingle with Musicians which Islam does not support. To the extent of even becoming a "personal Alfa" of sort to them.

6 Why should a Ustaz extremely profess his love for material wealth.

7. Why should a Ustaz pray for anyone using a name not affiliated with Allah

8. Why should a Ustaz charge exorbitant amount or even any amount for spreading Islam or coming to lecture.

9. Why should a Ustaz speak condescendingly at others and also exude pride and arrogance not known among sheikhs'? (The way he sometimes talks to those rulers and elders that attends his lecture).

There are other thing I've noticed in his sermons.

I have some clips to buttress the findings, but its lengthy.

I feel he is versed in Quranic knowledge, but all his action boils down to money, status and extreme materialism.

Kindly demystify those point and enlighten us on them.

1 Like

Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Empiree: 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2017
Trottle:
How can a scholar;

1. Hold the hands of a non-mahram lady during a lecture of his, I think "Alhaja" Tayebi or one of those female singers, I can't recollect.
I can not confirm this. Matter of fact i am currently listening to his lecture titled "Iwa Abosi" where is speaks against such actually and not only this lecture but i have listened to many of his lectures where he speaks against this especially his criticisms of so called Islamic singers. Unless you can show us the video proof, otherwise, i consider this propaganda. I am not saying you tell lie. But Islam says to give excuses for fellow muslim until proven otherwise. Besides, Sunni led Saudi authority shook women's hands anyways.

2. How can one of the Ummah of Rasulullah (S.A.W) claim he follows Prophet Nuh (sent to another Ummah entirely) while selectively following Rasulullah. What do you think? (Enlighten me on this).
I am sorry, i dont understand your question here.

3. Why should a scholar openly claim he has charms leaning on the negative side terming it "asiri" (secret). He mention this in a lot of his sermons.
Lol, i heard him say this. Dont take this personal. He is simply scaring some crazy people. There are people in the time of nabi(saw) that boosted. So this is nothing.

4. Why should a person like him talk condescendingly about the leader of the Muslim Ummah in Nigeria; the Sultan of Sokoto and idolizing his own emir.
Again, you should not take things like this personal. Ignore

5. Why should an Islamic scholar associate and thoroughly mingle with Musicians which Islam does not support. To the extent of even becoming a "personal Alfa" of sort to them.
The issue of music is controversial one. There is no outright haram proclamation of it. Most of these musicians are muslims. They should have religious guide. Should they be left alone to say or sing anything about islam without being checked?. This matter you brought up is not issue at all. Muslims are not homogeneous people. You cant compare Arabia to Nigeria. Allah gave every nation their own things

Well, Quran doesn't forbid loving material wealth. It only says to take precautions with it.

Example?

8. Why should a Ustaz charge exorbitant amount or even any amount for spreading Islam or coming to lecture.
Why does university charges so much to study books?. What Ustaz charges is up to him. He just needs to be considerate. Ustaz, sheikh, Imam are human too. They have responsibilities to take care of just like any other professions.

9. Why should a Ustaz speak condescendingly at others and also exude pride and arrogance not known among sheikhs'? (The way he sometimes talks to those rulers and elders that attends his lecture).
Well, I am aware of him criticized leaders in nija. Shouldn't someone talks sense to them?. Imagine leaders in Nigeria care less about well beings of their own people. People dont even know their rights. If you want to talk about he criticize them too much, fine. but not saying anything at all?. Didint nabi(saw) said speaking bluntly against cruel leader is one of the great j!had?

Money is very important but should be pursued wisely. Dont take my responses for siding with him. You will be very wrong

2 Likes

Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Trottle: 6:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
^^^ Thanks for breaking simplifying it for Omo Kewu like us o grin grin.

What I meant by the number 2 was that. In one or two of his lectures, he has once said that Prophet Nuh is his brother "in anger", like he meant that he retaliates whenever he is wronged by others, and he doesn't want to be like the prophet s.a.w in that regard. Your other points have proffered the needed answer. Ignore.

Thanks again sir.
Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Trottle:

Sure. However, there are some things I've discovered from him after listening to his lectures.

I've also been deliberating recently about his lectures. He is more of an entertainer and money conscious fellow than a sheikh calling people to Islam.

How can a scholar;

There are other thing I've noticed in his sermons.

I have some clips to buttress the findings, but its lengthy.

I feel he is versed in Quranic knowledge, but all his action boils down to money, status and extreme materialism.

Kindly demystify those point and enlighten us on them.

Acadip.... It's wrong to use Bible to do dawah.. Iktikaht happens at your dahwah (free mixing of male and female).. Those are the two things I see that is wrong in your dahwah.. And the name ACADIP must be cancelled.. No sect is allowed in Islam....
Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
Empiree:
i read it by lucas bashir on whatsapp. Sheikh Buhari was wrong in his approach. He could do better than that or better still, leave dawah for ACADIP network. This is few minutes clip below

However, i dont want to judge too much base on this 4 minutes video bcus it is not comprehensive enough.I think his mission is about fostering muslim-christian relationship. There is nothing wrong with a muslim to be invited to church. I am only against him saying "In the mighty name of Jesus you will be blessed" There should always be a lie you dont cross btw religious tolerance and compromise.

Sufi ni na.. Ko tuntun..
Re: Liberalism And Extremism; Threats To Da'wah (buhari Ọmọ Musa As A Case Study) by Empiree: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
AhluSunnah:

Sufi ni na.. Ko tuntun..
you are yet to make sense. You are the most dullard nl comtributor.

(1) (Reply)

Martyrdom In Islam And Christianity. / Jihadi Jew! / France: Churches Into Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.