Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:29 PM

Open Letter To Every Parents... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Open Letter To Every Parents... (406 Views)

Letter To Married African Men And Women By Temi Badmus / Dion Osagie Writes Open Letter To Wife, Winifred After Battering Her / An Open Letter To My Co-Tenant By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Every Parents... by Iloveafrica: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
I came across this piece online and I think every parents should read it.. .

There's this issue that always saddens my heart.
One thing that is very common in Nigeria now is the issue of parents forcing their children to study a particular course rather than his/her own preferred course.
The issue is even critical to the extent that you'll hear some parents saying "If I'm truly the one who gave birth to you, you aren't going to study that course" OMG!

This issue has really truncated the future of many youths who would have been a successful person in their field.
90% of Nigerian students are really studying what I call "Strange courses" or how will a person who's destined to be a "Doctor" be studying "Computer Engineering ". Is there any correlation between the two?

If Mark Zuckerberg 's parent had forced him to study "Law" will there be anything called "facebook" ?
If Cai LuI's parent had forced him to study "Medicine " will there be anything called "paper" ?
If John Logie Baird's parent had forced him to study "Maths and Stats" will there be anything called "Television" ?
If Larry Page's parent had forced him to study "Agricultural extension " will there be anything called "Google" ?
It goes on and on...

Dear parents, Please always allow your children to share their aspirations with you and support them to get them achieved.
Source: http://inspirationgallore..com.ng/2017/07/open-letter-to-every-parents.html
Re: Open Letter To Every Parents... by Iloveafrica: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Open Letter To Every Parents... by alegbeleye(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
Is it your child(ren)? Mind your business.
Re: Open Letter To Every Parents... by Afam4eva(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
As much as i agree that parents should tilt their kids towards what they like doing, i also think it's the duty of parents to guide their kids towards what they feel is best for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Every Parents... by baum1: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Afam4eva:
As much as i agree that parents should tilt their kids towards what they like doing, i also think it's the duty of parents to guide their kids towards what they feel is best for them.

And this involves being informed and really guiding the kids based on their talents. Not what their friends' kids are doing that makes them successful or what their own friends did that made them successful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Every Parents... by Afam4eva(m): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
baum1:

And this involves being informed and really guiding the kids based on their talents. Not what their friends' kids are doing that makes them successful or what their own friends did that made them successful.
Being informed is relative as parents think what they're trying to impose on their children are for their best interest. Our value system in Nigeria are different and a lot of parents still subscribe to the whole idea of their children becoming doctors, lawyers, bankers and so on.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

To Mark Her Daughter’s 18 Year Birthday, Nigerian Mum Bathes Her... / Time :6 Month Highness Test Of Love / Five(5) Simple Reasons Why People Fail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.