Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking (405 Views)

Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop / Driver Beats His Conductor For Peeing On The Bus In Lekki / Taxi Driver Beats Female Passenger Mercilessly In Lagos(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking by ebusfav: 9:01am On Jul 14, 2017
The Lagos State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, has detained a 34-year-old Lagos driver, Benjamin, in Amoshe town, Meiran, for reportedly beating his wife, Stella, to death for getting drunk. 

According to Punch Metro, Benjamin killed his wife when she returned home drunk after 'having fun' in a bar she had gone to with her three friends Fatima, Kafaya – and a man, Wasiu. 

A 34-year-old commercial driver in Amoshe town, Meiran, Lagos State, has been detained by the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, for allegedly killing his wife.

It was gathered that after he had beaten her mercilessly and realized that she was dying, he quickly rushed her to a church for prayer. However when she was later taken to a hospital in the neighborhood, she was confirmed dead. 

According to Mr. Samson Adedeji who lives in the area, Benjamin usually assaulted his wife whenever she was drunk.

“The wife came back home on Saturday, July 1, drunk. Her husband was angry, but people begged him to allow her sleep. He didn’t heed to their plea. He beat her up seriously. It was the following day that I was told the wife died in a hospital" he said. 

However, Benjamin reportedly told the police that Stella was poisoned at a beer parlour.

He said, “I think she was poisoned because she vomited. She went to drink with her friends. I didn’t beat her.”

But one of the deceased’s friends, Fatimoh, who was also arrested by the police, refuted Benjamin’s claim.

“The four of us were together that day. We took a bottle of beer each. My friend died from the injuries inflicted on her by her husband. She didn’t fight with anybody at the bar,” she added.
However, a police source said the case had been transferred to the SCIID, Yaba, adding that a manhunt had been launched for the other two friends of the deceased.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/lagos-driver-beats-wife-death-drinking-2.html

Lalasticlala

Re: Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking by HeOrShe: 9:05am On Jul 14, 2017
Home apart.. The wife is perpetual drunkard.

Why will a married woman be going out to to drink and being drunk with another man and friends and still return to her husband house drunk.

Is pity that she died but I will not blame the man for beating her. I will only blame d man for taking her to church for prayers instead of rushing her to hospital.
Re: Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking by BiafranYouths(m): 9:19am On Jul 14, 2017
He married an active Runs Woman / Olosho shocked
Re: Lagos Driver Beats Wife To Death For Drinking by Oladimejyy(m): 9:33am On Jul 14, 2017
God,I dont even know who to marry again*sign*

(1) (Reply)

Civil Defence Officer Shoot Policeman, Kills Bystander As Hoodlums Burn FRSC Van / Bet On Nigerian Tennis Banned - Saharabet / So Hilarious! See The Thief Who Was Nabbed After Falling Asleep While Stealing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.