Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray (60701 Views)

Some Interesting Tourist Sites In Nigeria, with photos / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / You Can No Longer Travel To Dubai With ‘ghana Must Go’ Bags (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by charlesluthor(m): 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Those that drank alcohol like Op nd re saying thrash.. Dubai is fucking rich, extravagant lifestyle everywhere. They don't jst project it, evidence re there everywhere. Make una jst list (3) 25 storey building in d whole of Nigeria. If at all u nor travel, try reach dubai, try stay for a month nd by d time u return to naija, 9ja go be like one kind village for ur eye. The only quote I nid is U listing (3) 25/30 storey building in Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by buffalowings: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
Some people say op visa Don loss grin

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
The pictures that show the poor side of Dubai is filled with immigrant Indians and Pakistanis... they don't look like the indigenous Emiratis. Correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Psoul(m): 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
I think you are seriously struggling to convince me that Dubai is not a rich country. I don't want to buy that my brother. In as much as there exist poor ppl and not-too-well-developed areas in the country still does not make it not a rich country. No matter how rich a country may be, there must still exist poor ppl and rural or undeveloped areas, but the difference is how important are those ppl to the government and how much amenities the government provide for them even at that their poor state.

Dubai is a very rich country. If the country is faking its richness and is still able to provide to her visitors and her citizens with those good and beautiful things and still has a stable economy, my dear the country is very rich.
The only truth there is that Dubai is not a greener pasture for foreigners seeking for job especially if you are not a professional. Don't go to Dubai seeking for a job. You will regret it. The country is good for relaxation, fun and transact a biz den go back to ur country.

Let me give u an example. Let's assume that i am a flamboyant person and chooses to live a high life just to convince ppl that i am very rich. If i am able to maintain this high life for many years, my brother, i am a very rich man. U may argue that in my family that some of my siblings are poor. This still does not deny the fact that i am a rich guy. What i spend a day in my flamboyant lifestyle can make one or two of those my poor siblings rich, but making them rich is not my priority rather to live a life that will make ppl kw i have money.

So my brother, let's leave that great country. She is very rich. Instead of trying to talk her down, we need to use our own media to deceive ppl that our country is good and let them also patronize us the same way they are currently doing in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by piagetskinner(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
still doesn't Chang the fact that Dubai is miles ahead of Nigerian....

all this long story na comfort theory

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by iamrealdeji(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Op Is high. Gba fon ga e. Dubai is so fucking rich. what Op is trying to tell Nigerians is to be suffering and smiling. out of all those people you posted there,I doubt if there is up to 10% of Dubai citizens. its mostly foreign workers that are suffering and that's how it should be. I knew there would be this kind of lifestyle among the blue collar workers,etc so,its very normal and doesn't mean they're not rich. everywhere has its own slum. they're taking care of Dubai indigens unlike Nigeria that doesn't send Nigerians and yet you want us to be praising Nigeria and saying everything is OK upon all this suffering
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by charlesluthor(m): 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Goldenboy007:

I didn't read this from a Newspaper ..this is where I live. And right there is the problem, we do not appreciate what we have. Most Americans for all they care; we still live in trees and that's because of what some of you post on the internet. I will say it again ..Lagos is as developed as Chicago in all ramifications!
I lived in Chicago for 8 yrs. stop comparing Lagos nd Chicago wen it comes to development. Do u even knw d meaning of development? Every city has rough neighbourhood, even lagos do. BT dnt compare chicago nd Lagos development... Na clean sheet Chicago go beat am.

2 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
This op is talking rubbish.. So because it didn't work for you does it mean it won't work for me?. Dubai is stinkinly rich. My bros dey work there OOO.. There is no place without slumps but not the rate we have here.. Guys are making it bigger over there everyday ligit..

Here they govt can never support us.. Rubbish post
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by unipol(m): 1:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
The op is definitely saying the truth, but still you can't compare Dubai with Nigeria. It is like comparing a goat and a computer or comparing death with life. Atleast they can package, we cannot even package anything. Their airport and ours is like heaven and hell. And just inside the airport the animals in uniform are already taking bribe, one km away, The police again on the road asking motorist for bribe. Where do we start. We display Madness openly and on the main road.

3 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Xpol: 1:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
Truly there are dirty places in dubai if u leave in marina,bur dubai,downtown,etc and u dnt go out much then you'll think everywhere is paradise but to say the fact op and people that belief dubai is a poor city if it's possible practically/magically/anythingcally that UAE government reach an agreement with Nigerian govt. to take lagos and give us dubai i.e move d whole of lagos(,all the houses/slum,danfo, bad roads,mosquitoes,our yeye train,etc) will be move to dubai and move dubai to the vacant land of former lagos i believ u won,t against it.even sharjah is better than lagos and abuja combined nt to talk of the capital abu dhabi

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Afam4eva(m): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Some people are already consoling themselves that just like Dubai, Nigeria also has nice places. No doubt but what is the ratio of good to bad places in both countries? Nigeria is largely a dysfunctional country and even places such as Lekki, VI, Ikoyi that we praise as the creme de la creme are ghettos in places like America. When are we going to tell ourselves the truth for once.

5 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by factwriter(m): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Harzontorh:
No.. You are getting it wrong! Dubai is an extremely Rich Emirate among the 7 Emirates of UAE. No matter how rich a place is, especially a tourist densed area, there would be a suburb for the extremely low income expat who forced and struggle their life to live in.. call it slum or say 'the ghetto area', same thing in Paris, Berlin, Tokyo or what have you.. Now Dubai for example is Rich, no doubt. Extraordinarily Rich.. Our Nigerian People are plenty over there so we know whatsup. You dont excpect everybody to go there and make it.. so because you go there and suffer the hell out of you life (which may not have happened to you while you sit 'jeje' in Nigeria) doest mean some are not enjoying the bastard money there.. The Problem is that the sufferness and the pain We the 'incompetent' or say unqualified live there is intolerable so we 'think' the whole luxury hyping is maybe an exhageration.. Hell, No. The Multi Billion Dollar Oil Nation is Real. Just that some Indians, Bangladeshi and Philipinos will not Stop Messing Up things around.. They keep displaying Bad Image in conjuction with our Naija Boys (who are 'ogbologbo' in displaying Poverty Culture..

En Plus, You will never see an Emirati 'A UAE Arab ' in such a way of life butrayed in those pictures.. i.e queieng for the public toilet, barbing beside the wastebin or smotching around demonstrating poverty.. Never.. Instead the Emiratis are there 'rubbing their faces with bundles of dollar, Dinars and Dirhams'.

P.S: Dubai is Built Specialy for Luxury.. The Poor are also there too. (no be lie). but the poor people are the Expats (foreign workers) not The People.

The dude (Nigeriakitchen or whatever he called himself) is a falsehood fabricator. If he has ever been or stay in the Emirate before then it couldn't have been more than Forty days (rather than the bogus Forty years he is claiming).
Even the evidences he was citing shows he has no knowledge of how the economy there works.
Imagine Claiming Forty years of resident hood in Dubai and all he could show for it is a blog article.

No point arguing this falsehood out.

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Afam4eva(m): 1:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Good advice, that's why I'm on a personal campaign to play my own part in polishing the image of my country

Proudly Nigerian!

1000 likes grin
What you're doing is painting and not polishing. You polish something that is already good on it's own to some extent but painting means giving the impression of something that is not. You are a liar and criminal and should be ashamed of yourself.

5 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Afam4eva:

What you're doing is painting and not polishing. You polish something that is already good on it's own to some extent but painting means giving the impression of something that is not. You are a liar and criminal and should be ashamed of yourself.

Get lost! Who cares what you think

Proudly Nigerian, blessed and great country.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Afam4eva(m): 1:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Pidgin2:

Get lost! Who cares what you think

Proudly Nigerian, blessed and great country.
Of course, we're saying the same thing. Nut job.

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by bewla(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
So dear Nigerians, stop saying bad things about Nigeria....stop taking pictures of bad places in Nigeria and showing to the world because it is killing us.....all nations, all big cities in the world have their sorry side....but the western world and other big nations have mastered the art of deceit and image packaging....such that they package their city to look so rich and perfect to your fantasy....thereby, drawing more investment and tourists to their lands....and making more money for their nations.

Dubai is just packaging...it is not as rich as you do imagine and see on TV and media cool

We must learn from these people by fire by force, cc: justwise over to you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
hi port i be so what concern
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Xpol: 2:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
unipol:
The op is definitely saying the truth, but still you can't compare Dubai with Nigeria. It is like comparing a goat and a computer or comparing death with life. Atleast they can package, we cannot even package anything. Their airport and ours is like heaven and hell. And just inside the airport the animals in uniform are already taking bribe, one km away, The police again on the road asking motorist for bribe. Where do we start. We display Madness openly and on the main road.
dubai trains dont have drivers it's auto but no accident, ours have have but everyday it's accident. police,imigration,custom,sss officials at the airport will be threatning u that they will make sure u wont enter this plane today if u dont settle,imagine someone telling u ur pta is not enough and stil demanding u bribe him him out of it but u will never see that in poor dubai

2 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by factwriter(m): 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
ikp120:
It's only an idiot who thinks that there are no poor people in certain cities.

Why don't you also say that America ain't rich because there are slums there too?

That (Nigeriankitchen) dude must be crazy to have used such pictures in relating Dubai to us. Whatever happens to scenes from DOLPHINARIUM , WILD WILD WADI PARK, KIDZANIA, BURJ KHALIFA, PALM JUMEIRA, INTERNET CITY, MEDIA CITY and dozens other mega and super structured communities

Salary increase almost every Two or Three years, healthcare subsidy, uninterrupted power supply, largest mall in the world, largest man made Marina In the world, largest indoor ice skating in the world, number one airline in the world etc,etc...

...and someone now come to say they are not rich, dude must be deluded.

In 2015 Apple Corp. vice chairman visited Dubai and after touring round he said:

"... America would have been this beautiful if the government didn't waste her resources on war".

Imagine such a level of awe from someone as highly exposed as Apple Corp. number 2 Man.

5 Likes

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
The only thing that made sense is your post of Nigerians saying bad things about Nigeria on the internet. Most nations don't do that. But coming to say Dubai is not rich is the worst statement I have heard this month. The Arabs are rich... Thanks to oil. There are no nations without its flaws i.e debts, I'll treatment, hostility. It's just the way it is being managed. Even USA, China, Russia has debt, they have their problems. The thing is the Dubai people have chosen to be forward looking un like Nigeria. They invest in tourism, are not corrupt and embrace development. One can tell obviously they do not match upto the western world but doing somethings right presents you as a sane economy. This is what Nigeria should do. You don't have to gain say another economy to correct Nigerians or to make them not see that they have corrupt leadersm

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by unipol(m): 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Psoul:
I think you are seriously struggling to convince me that Dubai is not a rich country. I don't want to buy that my brother. In as much as there exist poor ppl and not-too-well-developed areas in the country still does not make it not a rich country. No matter how rich a country may be, there must still exist poor ppl and rural or undeveloped areas, but the difference is how important are those ppl to the government and how much amenities the government provide for them even at that their poor state.

Dubai is a very rich country. If the country is faking its richness and is still able to provide to her visitors and her citizens with those good and beautiful things and still has a stable economy, my dear the country is very rich.
The only truth there is that Dubai is not a greener pasture for foreigners seeking for job especially if you are not a professional. Don't go to Dubai seeking for a job. You will regret it. The country is good for relaxation, fun and transact a biz den go back to ur country.

Let me give u an example. Let's assume that i am a flamboyant person and chooses to live a high life just to convince ppl that i am very rich. If i am able to maintain this high life for many years, my brother, i am a very rich man. U may argue that in my family that some of my siblings are poor. This still does not deny the fact that i am a rich guy. What i spend a day in my flamboyant lifestyle can make one or two of those my poor siblings rich, but making them rich is not my priority rather to live a life that will make ppl kw i have money.

So my brother, let's leave that great country. She is very rich. Instead of trying to talk her down, we need to use our own media to deceive ppl that our country is good and let them also patronize us the same way they are currently doing in Dubai.

How can u deceive people that we are rich while our Airport alone is decaying and our roads is flooded with uniformed criminals taking bribe.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by ivolt: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
charlesluthor:

If u like project from now Til tomorrow, Dubai don't project, dey show evidence. Name three (3) 25 stories building in d whole of Nigeria.

You don't know the meaning of project, google it.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Taiwo20(m): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
So in answer to your question…… How come people in Dubai are so rich?

Well…exactly the same way Donald Trump and Melania Trump show the world that they are so happily married together.

You get to see what THEY WANT YOU TO SEE.

And not what you should not see….

That is why nothing in Dubai really looks really ‘normal’ but like Donald Trump & his Wifey - Totally and Absolutely Larger Than Life.

And yes, too good to be true.

Culled from: http://www.ngnblog.com/2017/07/dubai-is-not-as-rich-as-uae-government.html

QUORA.COM
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Xpol: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
charlesluthor:
Those that drank alcohol like Op nd re saying thrash.. Dubai is fucking rich, extravagant lifestyle everywhere. They don't jst project it, evidence re there everywhere. Make una jst list (3) 25 storey building in d whole of Nigeria. If at all u nor travel, try reach dubai, try stay for a month nd by d time u return to naija, 9ja go be like one kind village for ur eye. The only quote I nid is U listing (3) 25/30 storey building in Nigeria.
dont mind him our federal ministry of education complex Abuja is about 10 floor or so but the lifts are infected with epilepsy the only good one there is with this "for honorabl minister only"so you'll hv to climb to 8th floor some tym 3 to 4 times b4 u authenticate ur certificate

1 Like

Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Praktikals(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Unlike Nigerians, people from that side dont wash their dirty linen outside
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
ivolt:
The OP is partly right, there are no 100% rich cities or countries
because there will always be underdeveloped black spots.

What Nigeria need to do is project the images of our best cities
while hiding the underdeveloped parts.
which best cities? embarassed
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by charlesluthor(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
ivolt:

Shame on U! Jst do one thing for me please, open google.com and type the word "project", under verb, read carefully nd see meanings of project . Shame on U again. Daft Ram.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Xpol: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
Afam4eva:
Some people are already consoling themselves that just like Dubai, Nigeria also has nice places. No doubt but what is the ratio of good to bad places in both countries? Nigeria is largely a dysfunctional country and even places such as Lekki, VI, Ikoyi that we praise as the creme de la creme are ghettos in places like America. When are we going to tell ourselves the truth for once.
not america lekki,Vi and ikoyi are ghetto compare to many parts of dubai and Abu Dhabi
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Raypawer(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
shocked

Cĺap for yourself

We ķnow say Lagos ŕich but bros, convert the naìra Lagos Budget to dollars ĺets compare it with that of Chicago

Goldenboy007:

This is absolutely true ...I remember once I wanted to convince my colleagues at work that Lagos is actually as developed as Chicago...I went on internet and the only pictures there were that of crowded Oshodi and Slums. Americans will uploads good pictures of nice places for tourism, we Nigerians go dey wash out dirty linen for outside.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by Goldenboy007(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
charlesluthor:

I lived in Chicago for 8 yrs. stop comparing Lagos nd Chicago wen it comes to development. Do u even knw d meaning of development? Every city has rough neighbourhood, even lagos do. BT dnt compare chicago nd Lagos development... Na clean sheet Chicago go beat am.

Tell me which part of Chicago you lived in and I will deliberately go there and take a picture of a dirty street in that place. I live in North West Suburb which is mainly whites and a mix of middle/upper class. However there are places in North side and South Side that are dirtier than Ojota.
This week several places were flooded in Chicago suburbs just like they had in Lagos. Lagos has Cable TV, Internet, Mobile communication, Rapid Bus transport, major tarred roads and big Malls and tourism spots.
Whatever setbacks Nigeria has is because we the humans are the problem. Evans sef go talk say Nigeria is corrupt.
The difference between Lagos and Chicago is the darn people - In Lagos we have low esteem, inferiority complex , egoistic, sabotaging, dubious, tribalistic bigots. It is attitudes like this that make majority of us that has no business traveling go kneeling down for Embassy officials young enough to be your kid sister or brothers. Majority of whites are not half as educated as us yet we tremble at their presence because we do not appreciate who or what we are. Thats why they still think we are bunch of monkeys.
Better I stay in US than come back home to associate with people that think they are bunch of losers.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by charlesluthor(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
ivolt:

Shame on U! Wat do u ve dat u want to project? .
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by MasterKim: 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
NigeriaKitchen:
So dear Nigerians, stop saying bad things about Nigeria....stop taking pictures of bad places in Nigeria and showing to the world because it is killing us.....all nations, all big cities in the world have their sorry side....but the western world and other big nations have mastered the art of deceit and image packaging....such that they package their city to look so rich and perfect to your fantasy....thereby, drawing more investment and tourists to their lands....and making more money for their nations.

Dubai is just packaging...it is not as rich as you do imagine and see on TV and media cool

We must learn from these people by fire by force, cc: justwise over to you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Same as China too. If your dstv sub ever expire and you're left with no choice than to watch CGTN channels, you'll see how the Chinese paint there country and you'll want to assume it's 100% made of gold. They government even sponsored those channels to be free to air just to show the world only the good side of their country.
Re: UNTOLD Story About Dubai With PHOTOS - Dubai Is Not As Rich As UAE Govt. Portray by AbiolaFawole(m): 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
Kai those pictures are Mumbai pictures abeg get sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) / Reason Commercial Airplanes Dont Have Parachutes Onboard For Passengers(Pics) / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.