Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane (49189 Views)

How To Browse Using Mobile Data While Your Phone Is On Airplane Mode / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' / Top Reasons To Use Airplane Mode Even When You’re Not Flying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by smith666999(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
SageTravels:
Everyone knows the drill, the minute you're on board, you make sure your phone is on airplane mode. Because, if not, the pilot cannot contact the control tower. Or, because the plane will blow up mid-flight. Or something like that.

But now one pilot is debunking all those myths and paranoias. And there's a really simple reason behind it: it gives the pilot a headache. Yes, apparently if you do not turn your phone to airplane mode, the sound can be picked up in the cockpit and can be irritating to the pilots' ears.

An anonymous pilot told the question and answer site Quora: "Your phone will probably annoy a few pilots and air traffic controllers. But, most likely, not badly enough for them to take action against you...

"You may have heard that unpleasant noise from an audio system, that occasionally happens when a mobile phone is nearby."
"I actually hear such noise on the radio while flying. It is not safety critical, but is annoying for sure."

However, he continues by saying that if 50 people on the plane did not turn their phone onto airplane mode, it would cause a lot of "radio pollution".

So next time you're near a radio, put your phone down beside it and you'll hear what he means.

http://sagetravels.com/reason-must-put-phone-airplane-flight-mode-flying/

and I missed an important call cos of this...

the next flight am gona board, the pilot ear must scatter!
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by donqx: 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
true
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by TrapHedges(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
But there was a time i didn't obey it.. The flight blew and we all died.. Tcccwww sad
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by Iamthoney(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
emmanuel596:
Cool all of us wey never enter plane go enter one day in Jesus name
Future impossible tense
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by tonguengineer(m): 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=Nikbaebrown post=58454137]
"You may have heard that unpleasant noise from an audio system, that occasionally happens when a mobile phone is nearby."

Hmmm!! Thats An Explicit Scenario. Ah Swear It Is Really Exasperating To One's Equainmity. I Resent Such Annoying Decibels, It Ruffles My Patience.
angry angry >smiley

What are u saying
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by fafambo: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
okosodo:
My God, i have been making a big mistake
which mistake oga? or abi u Wan use style tell us say u Don enter aeroplane b4, mtcheww! attention seeker, FOR UR INFORMATION I'M IN MY HOUSE COME AND BEAT ME
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by olaszydaruma(m): 6:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
What are you doing in zaa ozza room that would made you do that?
mokaflex:
I only use airplane mood anytime I'm in the other room. Nothing more.
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by mokaflex(m): 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2017
olaszydaruma:
What are you doing in zaa ozza room that would made you do that?

Kerewawa in case you are confused.
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by Ever4Christ(m): 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
This is serious. U might b grammatilly satified but symetically derailed 4 comprehension. LOL
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

Hmmm!! Thats An Explicit Scenario. Ah Swear It Is Really Exasperating To One's Equainmity. I Resent Such Annoying Decibels, It Ruffles My Patience.
angry angry >smiley

Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
simply a precautionary motif , interference reasons too, fear not. Even cosmic rays are not much of a problem to advanced avionics.
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by victor8269: 8:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
IDEKEALUMONA:
Very educative.

For Your land purchase in Enugu, we have
4plots of land in Trans-Ekulu, 2plots at Okpara avenue, 2 and 4plots at Emene Enugu for sale.
Call: 0-8-1-0-5*8-6-6-4-7-3*
Give me the addresses, let me go n inspect
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by mytym(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
SageTravels:
Everyone knows the drill, the minute you're on board, you make sure your phone is on airplane mode. Because, if not, the pilot cannot contact the control tower. Or, because the plane will blow up mid-flight. Or something like that.

But now one pilot is debunking all those myths and paranoias. And there's a really simple reason behind it: it gives the pilot a headache. Yes, apparently if you do not turn your phone to airplane mode, the sound can be picked up in the cockpit and can be irritating to the pilots' ears.

An anonymous pilot told the question and answer site Quora: "Your phone will probably annoy a few pilots and air traffic controllers. But, most likely, not badly enough for them to take action against you...

"I actually hear such noise on the radio while flying. It is not safety critical, but is annoying for sure."

However, he continues by saying that if 50 people on the plane did not turn their phone onto airplane mode, it would cause a lot of "radio pollution".

So next time you're near a radio, put your phone down beside it and you'll hear what he means.

http://sagetravels.com/reason-must-put-phone-airplane-flight-mode-flying/

E d u c a t i v e !
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by charlesucheh(m): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Have never entered a plane in my entire life! So, whenever I see a thread like this, I just pass ahead! ASAP!

Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by sexaddict08(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
ExpensiveG:
I no follow for dis topic as I never enter Plane before cry

*make I read comments

as old as you are dont worry, u will join me in my private jet someday...
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by ExpensiveG: 10:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
sexaddict08:

as old as you are dont worry, u will join me in my private jet someday...

Poverty no get age cry

no wahala... I dey wait oo grin

Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by byemx06(m): 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

angry angry >smiley

watin ds one dy tlk
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by jhoesee(m): 11:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

angry angry >smiley

Pls calm down o..abi kini gan?!
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by ucheuzor1(m): 12:36am On Jul 15, 2017
While going on field operation, we are usually told to switch off our phones, not even airplane mode. Next time, I'll be using my phone to snap photos while on air.
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by petishegzy(m): 1:31am On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

angry angry >smiley

You are rilly beautiful..I must confess
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2017
Interesting!

Meanwhile, contact me for quality and dope graphics design.
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 15, 2017
Interesting!

Meanwhile, contact me for quality and dope graphics design.
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by kondoAlata: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

angry angry >smiley

Haaaaa! Wetin dey happen gan gan ? undecided
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by mikeycharles(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
muller101:
How about Edo air ways. Will it affect that one too. Something like this
grin grin cheesy
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by mikeycharles(m): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nikbaebrown:

angry angry >smiley

what is this one saying, seriously what is this one saying
Re: The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 9:08am On Jul 20, 2017
victor8269:

Give me the addresses, let me go n inspect

Give me a call,let's arrange for inspections,including the documents,verifiable at the State ministry of lands.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Annoying Things People Do In A Whatsapp Group / Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) / Do People Still Fall For This?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.