Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune (2411 Views)

Photos Of Saraki Meeting With Wike, Ortom And Others In Kwara / Buhari, Saraki, Ambode, Others At APC National Convention In Abuja / IGP Idris: Tinubu, 8 Others To Attend Saraki’s Meeting With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2017
Uncertainty over Buhari, Saraki’s meeting in London - Tribune

THERE were conflicting reports on Friday over whether ailing President Muhammadu Buhari met with the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, last night at Abuja House, London.
Sources close to the administration had Friday afternoon told Saturday Tribune that the Senate President, who left Nigeria on Wednesday primarily to attend his son’s graduation ceremony in London, was billed to meet with President Buhari later in the day.

While a government source said the meeting was underway as of press time, another source in Saraki’s media office said tersely that “there was no meeting” and that the Senate president would come back to Nigeria today.

Competent government sources, however, said the meeting, which was planned to firm up Buhari’s efforts at uniting his government, was to be a follow-up to Tuesday’s meeting of the President with Acting President Yemi Osinbajo.

Saraki had also on Wednesday met with Osinbajo to, according to sources, discuss some pressing national matters.

It was confirmed that specifically, the meeting between the Acting President and Saraki was aimed at dousing the tension between the National Assembly and the executive in recent weeks.

A source close to the government said the President was worried by the seeming intractable crisis between the executive and the legislature leading to a near shutdown of the government.

“We have it on good authority that the President is disturbed that a near collapse of his administration could be at hand following the all-out battle between the executive and the legislature. The President is seeking a resolution of all issues in contention and when he comes, he will be able to mend fences where necessary,” the source stated.

It was gathered that President Buhari and Saraki planned to “further iron out certain outstanding issues during the meeting scheduled for Friday evening.”

Besides, the meeting between Buhari and Saraki, it was gathered, was in an effort to keep the government united despite Buhari’s absence.

At least two ministers were believed to have been present at the Abuja House venue of the Tuesday meeting between Osinbajo and Buhari.

The ministers, it was learnt, were the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami (SAN) and the Minister of Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika. Another top government functionary, who was not named, was also said to be present. Efforts to confirm this from the two ministers were not successful on Friday.

A source said President Buhari has been concerned about the danger of having a divided country in view of the widespread calls for restructuring and secession by the South East as well as the quit notice issued to Igbos living in the North by Arewa youths.

“Being a statesman, the President is concerned about the calls flying around suggestive of a divided country. He has asked the Acting President to firm up the system and ensure the government remains a united front,” a source close to the deliberations claimed on Friday.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/uncertainty-buhari-sarakis-meeting-london/?amp_markup=1

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 15, 2017
Story. Buhari that's still in coma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2017
Grace more
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by CoolFreeday(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2017
God bless my president.

God bless Nigeria

#Saraki have succeeded in reducing his vote count by -1 because of his actions during this government, just like Atiku some years back. I'll will rather support the sister instead of him.

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 8:28am On Jul 15, 2017
Joyful
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2017
Is it buhari ghost they're meeting with or his skeleton ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lastcall: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2017
I thought they are saying that there is no vacuum.....that we have an acting prez! So what is all this gallivanting for?

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by RZArecta(m): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2017
Buhari and his devilish minions in the APC including their online dogs (name any dog you know here on nairaland) single handedly divided Nigeria along political, ethnic and religious lines. Their ïdiocy is supreme.

Buhari divided Nigeria shamelessly into 97% - 5%

Bingo Femi Adeshina called those in opposition "wailing wailers" knowing fully well that a vibrant opposition is important in any democracy.

Buhari has never stepped foot anywhere in the SS or SE and barely in the SW ever since he became president giving credence to the theory that Buhari himself is a northern president only.

Buhari in his nepotistic tendency has appointed northerners into all major military positions even against equity and federal character, do we also add the fact that recently appointed VCs of federal universities all if not mostly came from the north.

When you see such blatant discrepancies and injustice, you shouldn't be surprised when sections of the country say enough is enough and they want to pull out if the presently evil contraption.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by dlondonbadboy: 8:54am On Jul 15, 2017
How does one meet a ghost? I'm not understanding..
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by tuniski: 8:58am On Jul 15, 2017
lastcall:
I thought they are saying that there is no vacuum.....that we have an acting prez! So what is all this gallivanting for?
God bless you jare your head is there. Let them continue deceiving themselves nigerians are watching and ready to send them packing by 2019.
Buhari is now chief priest people go to see in a London shrine! Oma se oooooooo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by jay2pee(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:11am On Jul 15, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
Me even think say him don die
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lastcall: 9:53am On Jul 15, 2017
tuniski:

God bless you jare your head is there. Let them continue deceiving themselves nigerians and watching ready to send them packing by 2019.
Buhari is now chief priest people go to see in a London shrine! Oma se oooooooo!
U funny o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by Tenim47(m): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
pls iont knw the meaning of "coma"
is it synonymous to 'death' ?
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by Nbote(m): 10:27am On Jul 15, 2017
What exactly are dey meeting PMB?? I thought he handed over and on medical sabbatical? I don't even understand all dis London waka again.. Abi they are renegotiating our recolonisation with d British ni.. Osinbande already said he's in "gud spirits" make dem allow d spirit rest na

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 10:29am On Jul 15, 2017
Got this message from a friend this morning Naija!
Thought someone might know since I don't tongue

Good morning, Hw was your night? I hope all is well? I just want to let u knw that there is something I want to ask u now which I've been hiding from u for a very long time, sometimes when I want to ask u that i feel discouraged cos i don't know if u re gona respond negatively, i just want to let u know dat what I'm about to ask you has been a burden to me for a very long time and I just can't keep it in my mind any longer, so pls don't feel upset when I ask dis to you, just know dat it's from my heart and it's real, pls pls pls be sincere and tell me the truth, Is Buhari in your house?....
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2017
Grace
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by Nenejeje(f): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=RZArecta post=5847381

Bingo Femi Adeshina called those in opposition "wailing wailers" knowing fully well that a vibrant opposition is important in any democracy.

femi adesina have been very quiet lately abi aso rock cabals Don push am for one side too?. they actually succeeded in dividing Nigeria
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 15, 2017
Seen
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2017
Grace fight
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by RZArecta(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
Nenejeje:
[quote author=RZArecta post=5847381

femi adesina have been very quiet lately abi aso rock cabals Don push am for one side too?. they actually succeeded in dividing Nigeria
it's very difficult to say something when there's nothing to say without sounding sťupid and embarrassing your family, it seems Adeshina's wife and kids talked common sense into his coconut head
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
Grace
Re: Uncertainty Over Buhari, Saraki Meeting In London Last Night- Tribune by lightblazingnow(m): 7:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
Jog

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari On The State Of The Nation By Frank / LIVE:Nnamdi Kalu Reclaims That Buhari Is Dead And Replaced With Jibrin From Suda / "IPOB Will Be Worse Than Boko Haram If I Am Killed"- Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.