Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Publish Your Book Free! @ Estrella - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Publish Your Book Free! @ Estrella (3427 Views)

18 Live Changing Book - Free Download / Give/share/receive A Book Free! / Publish Your Book Free On Amazon.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Publish Your Book Free! @ Estrella by wumifab(m): 8:07pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ Estrella
Dear,
I understand your fears.

On the issues of “free publishing”, I will have to reiterate, our publishing could come free. When our outfit decides to bear the burden of production cost for an author’s work with him or her not having to pay a dime, what will you say that is? Usually, we let the author and our negotiators decided on favourable pay-back terms. If such deal goes sour, who bears the brunt? Whose money just when down the drain? Ours not your. So I have to say again, our free means FREE.

As regards our previous works, we, under the name “The Illussionist” (formerly our trade name but now our graphic department/patner) have published several works, most published vanity, so we can’t take much credit for the success or failure as the case maybe. Our published magazine include (both print and electronic) Applause Africa, Epistles IV, TNE Journals, Green Magazine, The Nigerian Entreprenuer, Eko Mag to mention but a few. In books, we have so far gotten on book stands Of father and sons, Junior Teachers Hand Book,TNE BizGuide, Father’s Menu e.t.c. plus small hand books. Works on the pipeline include; Shores, Far Home, No time for tears (previously published but we’re planning on rebranding it), these are all books. Magazines include B&B, ChangeNigeria and host of other untitled books and magazines.

Finally on the issues of abstract submission, I have to state, ideas are considerably safe as abstarcts. Works go beyond just an idea but the writing prowess of the author has a lot to do determining the success or failure. Your work is an extension of you, no other person can be you. Prof. Wole Soyinka and J.P. Clark both wrote poems titled “Abiku”, despite the similarity in title, the concept they where expressing and to an extent, academic and writing skills, the two poems still came out distinctively different. Relax, you are safe with us. May I add, if forwarding an abstract is this “unsafe”, what will you say when you need to forward your first few chapters.

Estrella, I will really love to speak with you personally. Specifically ask for me, wumifab when you call. I read your short work –Unclinched and poem-Tortured Innocence. ‘Waiting to hear from you and other authors craving to be published.

Thanks,
MagicWand Publishing…where the magic is you.
+2348098643221, +2348059864322

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read.. 'a Story Called Dilemma'..a Nightmare On My 2go Girlfriends Visit. / Wild Wild South (crime Story) / How To Get Amazon To Send You Money Every Month As A Passive Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.