Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? (11846 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / Man Shares His First Car Experience In 2002 / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by AutoReportNG: 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello folks, its weekend and its time to relax and unwind so we decided to ask this question.

I was with some of my friends at the weekend and we had an argument that its not ideal you buy a car first without having at least a landed property or a house. According to the Yorubas, it's been said that cars make you spend and it accumulates expenses while land, cars are all assets..

This makes us to ask, when did you buy your first car? Did you believe in the saying that cars are money wasters? How has your car affect your life or business in anyway.

It's weekend and we just want to freestyle..

- AutoReportNG

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by jaychubi: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
Op

Buying my first car five yrs ago was one of my best decisions BC it has impacted every aspect of my life. I can't imagine hw I lived in those yrs b4 I bought my car.

D car is a darling pocket friendly in maintenance n has never stopped me on d road, though I take good care of it.

A small car to move from point A to B is a necessity in life grin grin grin

Never d less parking more than one car in a rented apartment is financial foolishness angry angry angry

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by AutoReportNG: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
jaychubi:
Op

Buying my first car five yrs ago was one of my best decisions BC it has impacted every aspect of my life. I can't imagine hw I lived in those yrs b4 I bought my car.

D car is a darling pocket friendly in maintenance n has never stopped me on d road, though I take good car of it.

A small car to move from point A to B is a necessity in life grin grin grin

Nice one.. Do you mind telling us the make and model also, do you believe in the saying that you have to have a property first before buying a car?

I just want to learn and read from my ogas today..

Pop corn and zobo mode activated!!1

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by holatin(m): 2:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
because the money came unexpectedly, so I decided to buy and enjoy it before I woke up from the dream.

BEST DREAM I EVER HAD

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by nurey(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
To woo babes and
To form class for guys

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2017
AutoReportNG:

Nice one.. Do you mind telling us the make and model also, do you believe in the saying that you have to have a property first before buying a car?

I just want to learn and read from my ogas today..

Pop corn and zobo mode activated!!1
People will be quick to say a property first, because no one wants to sound vain and unambitious _but it's a whole lot more complex than that and I am lazy to type on it today.
Not every property is a property.
Buying a car (not a lemon) that's affordable wouldn't in any way kill the dream of owning a property.

I made zobo, it's still hot though cheesy

nurey:
To woo babes and
To form class for guys

Your village people finally suceeded.

5 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by AutoReportNG: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2017
PaperLace:

People will be quick to say a property first, because no one wants to sound vain and unambitious _but it's a whole lot more complex than that and I am lazy to type on it today.
Not every property is a property.
Buying a car (not a lemon) that's affordable wouldn't in any way kill the dream of owning a property.

I made zobo, it's still hot though cheesy

You and Nurey are something else... LOL

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by ENGINEous(m): 6:48am On Jul 16, 2017
2 years ago for TRANSPORTATION..

It's enjoyable, it makes me save money and the comfort of not being 'sardine' in buses

6 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by victorazy(m): 6:50am On Jul 16, 2017
I needed to know how to drive because I saw many cars on my front in the dream.

3 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by seunlayi(m): 6:50am On Jul 16, 2017
Money
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by oriflamebaby1(f): 6:51am On Jul 16, 2017
Make money, look good and have fun! Ask me how?

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by babablogger: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2017

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by NwaAmaikpe: 6:51am On Jul 16, 2017
shocked

My first car came from a curse.

Growing up..

I dated this young girl, I ravaged her anatomy and conquered her innuendos completely...when I knew there was no more adventure in the relationship, I dumped her.
She felt used and cursed me saying I will remain a pauper... I will never own a bicycle tyre and so on.

Three weeks later, I got my first car.

So the only reason I bought my first car was to truly test if her curse was potent.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Babangida70(m): 6:52am On Jul 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Patiently waiting for your lies grin
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:52am On Jul 16, 2017
My first Car was far more important than a Land to me...

#SamDaddy

9 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by bro4u: 6:53am On Jul 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
welcome back from the ban vacation... Hope you've upgraded ur sense during the ban??

14 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by horlarmelehqan(m): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2017
Actually the transport system is poor so I bought the car cuz of this public transport problem and frustration

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by missyadorable(f): 6:53am On Jul 16, 2017
I

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by ANBAKO: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2017
In Lagos, It is always a wise decision to buy a vehicle as soon as you can afford it. It changes your whole life....in all ramifications!

What I don't subscribe to is buying a car that costs 15M when you don't have any form of investment (to me landed properties are investment).

That above is a definition of craziness!

18 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by papascode: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2017
I need a Toyota Camry 2.4 contact me
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by cyberdurable(m): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What was ur offense for the ban?

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Icon4s(m): 6:56am On Jul 16, 2017
See, for a starter, a car is more important than a piece of land.

You need to be comfortable today before thinking of tomorrow. And to think of building a house before buying a car? No naa. Would you have gotten married then with your wife carrying your children on a bike? Haba!

From my experience, if you build your personal house too early in life as your status rises you will no longer like the house. You know the saying that "na person wey build last build latest". You can easily sell your first car and upgrade but not so easily with your first house.

And let me warn also that there are still expenses that you pay for staying in your own house. Ask people who stay in their houses.

And to your question I bought a car when I did because I was going to get married in a couple of months time. I didn't want to carry 'learner' sign and be embarrassing myself with my wife in the car. Haha haha.

35 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by XaviDayo(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Wanted to impress #Bidemi that lives on my street. It worked...we currently grooving ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by emi14: 7:00am On Jul 16, 2017
Owning a car is a necessity period.
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by XaviDayo(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2017
oriflamebaby1:
Make money, look good and have fun! Ask me how?

How ??
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2017
bro4u:

welcome back from the ban vacation... Hope you've upgraded ur sense during the ban??
cyberdurable:

What was ur offense for the ban?

Ban?

No...I've been in my sugar mummy's wardrobe since Friday night.
Her husband made an unannounced return from his oversea trip.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Glomoni: 7:06am On Jul 16, 2017
Mine was in 2009 when I was in an unexpected labour and the contraction was coming every 5mins. My hubby rushed to call our neighbor to help take me to an hospital, but was told there was no fuel in the car, I couldn't move an inch not to talk of trecking to the hospital. Before they could see another neighbor to take me, the baby's head was outmost out , thank goodness the hospital was not that far. I gave birth to my son almost immediately we got there( imagine what could have happened .....) After all the experience, my hubby bought his first car, he was saving the money to build a house, but he realised that car is very important to any family in case of emergencies. I almost name that boy "car is important" lol lol

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Icon4s(m): 7:11am On Jul 16, 2017
Glomoni:
Mine was in 2009 when I was in an unexpected labour and the contraction was coming every 5mins. My hubby rushed to call our neighbor to help take me to an hospital, but was told there was no fuel in the car, I couldn't move an inch not to talk of trecking to the hospital. Before they could see another neighbor to take me, the baby's head was outmost out , thank goodness the hospital was not that far. I gave birth to my son almost immediately we got there( imagine what could have happened .....) After all the experience, my hubby bought his first car, he was saving the money to build a house, but he realised that car is very important to any family in case of emergencies. I almost name that boy "car is important" lol lol

Exactly! The car is more important for the family's needs. It is not as if you are homeless.

11 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by bro4u: 7:12am On Jul 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Ban?
No...I've been in my sugar mummy's wardrobe since Friday night. Her husband made an unannounced return from his oversea trip.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 16, 2017
I bought my first car, an accord 94 back then in the University after mum banned me from driving hers just to remain a big boy but before I knew it, my phone contact was full of mechanics due to frequent change of shafts, bow joints and rods. God punish Honda grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by deepwater(f): 7:20am On Jul 16, 2017
Kaip
Re: What Makes You Buy Your First Car(s)? by azimibraun: 7:20am On Jul 16, 2017
So landed property will drive you to and back from your daily hustle abi? Name one successful hustler without a "sound" car; I didn't say "expensive' a sound to go about his daily hustle with? Name one. Car is hustle simple. It will help you buy any landed property you want.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kobe Steel Scandal Deepens Over Quality Of Metal Used In Cars,Aeroplanes & Train / How To Win Bus Struggle In Lagos / Weird Car Sounds And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.