Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers (10125 Views)

MURIC Warns Amotekun: Leave Fulani Alone, Stop Endangering Lives Of Yorubas / Remi Tinubu Says: 'Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again'. Nigerians React / “Igbo, We No Dey Trust Una Again” - Tinubu Tells Voter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by afonjaheadhunt: 4:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
Igbo's please we have made our point on "What have Yoruba produced?" Thread, we have shown not just Nairalanders, Nigerians but the entire globe what we have been able to achieve in Nigeria against all odd, that thread have shown the Igbo ingenuity, innovation and doggedness as a matter of fact it has gone a long way to show what an Igbo nation is capable of achieving, even the Yorubas that created the thread were confined to a status of mere onlookers and were subjected to admiration of our ingenuity in fact many of them doubted it and believed that our companies showcased are random foreign companies whose picture were recycled from google. That goes to show how far we have gone in terms of technological advancement, manufacturing and innovation and to think that most of the heavy machinery used in those companies were fabricated in the east, Aba precisely is a thing of joy and pride.

However that is not the point of this thread, Igbos are know to be wise, and it is not surprise that the three wise men came from the east, however our actions on that thread is not one that portrays wisdom especially in the society that we find ourselves today. Igbo's let us be wise in our actions, it is true that Igbo's believes in Equity, equality and justice for all, we also know Igbo's are Liberals, Capitalist, democratic in custom, but we must not assume that the border context "Nigeria" that we find ourself today Shares these same ideals and ideologies with Igbo's, we might just be shooting ourselves in the foot by trying to take pride in our achievement while it is a thing of joy and honor, however our current border context does not support this. We must realize that we are doing some of these our great sons and daughters a great disservice by showcasing them the way we are doing, I must confess I am guilty of this on that thread, we must realize that some of these companies receive massive patronage because many people are not aware they are made in Igboland.

In addition many of these Igbo executives and chiefs who own these companies are riding to success cause their products are assumed to be imported and most of them export their products, many of us must realize that the Igbo's are the only ones in the federation who don't care where a product is manufactured as long as it is made in Nigeria however that cannot be said of any other tribe except maybe the Hausa Fulani too who don't care. It is only the Igbo man that will see a product boldly written made in Ogun, Jos, Kano, Kaduna, and does not care as long as it is made in Nigeria Igbo's will patronize it. However that cannot be said when a Yoruba or other Nigerians see a product made in Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba, Enugu, even when these products are unrivaled in the market and have proven to be the best or smashed every fail or credibility test you still hear Pharses like, "Igbo made" "Aba made" "Omo nna product" especially when these product come from the east, this why our manufacturers would prefer to write made in FRC or made in India.

We all know the issue Yorubas have with Innoson is that it is not made in Lagos or Ogun, so expanding his plant to Uyo infuriated them even further. Also we must realize that showcasing our indigenous industrialization prowess will make leaders in power make policies that will be unfavorable for Igbo industrialist, We all saw it happen to Ibeto, Slok, Erisco just to name a few, even Innoson was made to face established foreign competition to stifle the growth of the company if not for the doggedness of the Igbo man the company would have long closed shop as many had expected. We must also realize that the reason many Yoruba artisans like mechanics, technicians, carpenters, always advice you to buy Tokunbo over new products when it comes to car, generators or motorcycles spare parts was because many of these products are manufactured in the East, ignorantly I did not know this and would always buy the used parts as being superior to the locally manufactured new ones which I was made to consider inferior. However what these artisans would not tell you is that the new ones are made in Nigeria, made in the East, primarily their reasons for boycotting it.

My experience in 2014, my Honda EOD would always have issues with the stabilizing links and I would always change them monthly with tokunbo as advised by my mechanics so after this continued for too long, I felt i was being used and deceived by these guys I angrily told them on the next repair to by a new one instead of the Tokunbo that would always spoil after a few weeks, the mechanic disgruntled however heed to my words and bought a new one I checked the name it was "HACO" I did not bother to check were it was manufactured (Buying HACO was be best decision i took for that car since I bought it) after the mechanic was done with installation and upon inspecting I discovered that the screws were loosely holding the tires I kept mute drove to a safe distance tightened the screws and called the mech to tell him that my tires flew out while I was in motion, before I even finished the statement he was already shouting Oga shebi I tell you say, make you buy Tokunbo you talk say na new one you want, at this point I dropped the call and went to the trunk of the car to check where the product was manufactured, it was boldly written made in Nnewi, then I realized how far some people could go to discredit an Igbo mans product, Interestingly I never had to change that link until after 8 months when the car was due for service, Now I use only new products even if it is made in Togo.

Another scenario, before I never knew A-Z was owned by an Igbo man in fact I used to think it was owned by "Mummy" princess Bola Jegede, the Owner of A-z schools which I attended and she also has a football academy, however I was wrong, before then my mechanics (Another Mechanic) apparently like myself was also ignorant of this too, he advice me that if I wanted the best engine life for my car that I should always use A-z he said it was so good people used it if their cars had gearbox problems, then to my greatest surprised here on Nairaland I realize that A-z was owned by an Igbo man I shared this information it with my mechanic because of the way he promotes it he argued with me and said it was owned by a Yoruba the same woman I assumed when I convinced him showed him proofs beyond doubt he kept mute, on the next service he brought AP, when I asked him why AP he said "A-z fake done full market" I refused using the AP and said I would get the original A-z myself, which I did, afterall he told me if I want the best engine life I should always use A-z so I insisted.

I did not suspect any fowl play or lie however, it dawned on me when the same thing repeated it self, He advice I always use seahorse ATF stating that it was the best on the market, when i told him that the product was setting up a factory in the east and was owned by an Igbo man, on the next service he came with Master ATF, when I asked him why masters ATF he said "Seahorse fake done full market" i did not bother telling him that master ATF was owned by an Igbo man since then my car have been using Masters ATF. So Ndigbo this is why I call on us to use wisdom, we know what we are capable of we do not owe anyone any explanations neither do we have to prove anything to anybody, instead of engaging in this unhealthy back and forth with Yorubas thereby endangering our manufacturers exploits please let us try to add more value to the East by patronizing them, setting up more industries and protecting the existing ones not exposing them to danger, I would have added some encounters i faced promoting my products too, but this thread is already too long.

Igbo's let be wise and guided. Daalu nu.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by CltrAltDel: 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2017
[s]
afonjaheadhunt:
Igbo's please we have made our point on "What have Yoruba produced?" Thread, we have shown not just Nairalanders, Nigerians but the entire globe what we have been able to achieve in Nigeria against all odd, that thread have shown the Igbo ingenuity, innovation and doggedness as a matter of fact it has gone a long way to show what an Igbo nation is capable of achieving, even the Yorubas that created the thread were confined to a status of mere onlookers and were subjected to admiration of our ingenuity in fact many of them doubted it and believed that our companies showcased are random foreign companies whose picture were recycled from google. That goes to show how far we have gone in terms of technological advancement, manufacturing and innovation and to think that most of the heavy machinery used in those companies were fabricated in the east, Aba precisely is a thing of joy and pride.

However that is not the point of this thread, Igbos are know to be wise, and it is not surprise that the three wise men came from the east, however our actions on that thread is not one that portrays wisdom especially in the society that we find ourselves today. Igbo's let us be wise in our actions, it is true that Igbo's believes in Equity, equality and justice for all, we also know Igbo's are Liberals, Capitalist, democratic in custom, but we must not assume that the border context "Nigeria" that we find ourself today Shares these same ideals and ideologies with Igbo's, we might just be shooting ourselves in the foot by trying to take pride in our achievement while it is a thing of joy and honor, however our current border context does not support this. We must realize that we are doing some of these our great sons and daughters a great disservice by showcasing them the way we are doing, I must confess I am guilty of this on that thread, we must realize that some of these companies receive massive patronage because many people are not aware they are made in Igboland.

In addition many of these Igbo executives and chiefs who own these companies are riding to success cause their products are assumed to be imported and most of them export their products, many of us must realize that the Igbo's are the only ones in the federation who don't care where a product is manufactured as long as it is made in Nigeria however that cannot be said of any other tribe except maybe the Hausa Fulani too who don't care. It is only the Igbo man that will see a product boldly written made in Ogun, Jos, Kano, Kaduna, and does not care as long as it is made in Nigeria Igbo's will patronize it. However that cannot be said when a Yoruba or other Nigerians see a product made in Onitsha, Nnewi, Aba, Enugu, even when these products are unrivaled in the market and have proven to be the best or smashed every fail or credibility test you still hear Pharses like, "Igbo made" "Aba made" "Omo nna product" especially when these product come from the east, this why our manufacturers would prefer to write made in FRC or made in India.

We all know the issue Yorubas have with Innoson is that it is not made in Lagos or Ogun, so expanding his plant to Uyo infuriated them even further. Also we must realize that showcasing our indigenous industrialization prowess will make leaders in power make policies that will be unfavorable for Igbo industrialist, We all saw it happen to Ibeto, Slok, Erisco just to name a few, even Innoson was made to face established foreign competition to stifle the growth of the company if not for the doggedness of the Igbo man the company would have long closed shop as many had expected. We must also realize that the reason many Yoruba artisans like mechanics, technicians, carpenters, always advice you to buy Tokunbo over new products when it comes to car, generators or motorcycles spare parts was because many of these products are manufactured in the East, ignorantly I did not know this and would always buy the used parts as being superior to the locally manufactured new ones which I was made to consider inferior. However what these artisans would not tell you is that the new ones are made in Nigeria, made in the East, primarily their reasons for boycotting it.

My experience in 2014, my Honda EOD would always have issues with the stabilizing links and I would always change them monthly with tokunbo as advised by my mechanics so after this continued for too long, I felt i was being used and deceived by these guys I angrily told them on the next repair to by a new one instead of the Tokunbo that would always spoil after a few weeks, the mechanic disgruntled however heed to my words and bought a new one I checked the name it was "HACO" I did not bother to check were it was manufactured (Buying HACO was be best decision i took for that car since I bought it) after the mechanic was done with installation and upon inspecting I discovered that the screws were loosely holding the tires I kept mute drove to a safe distance tightened the screws and called the mech to tell him that my tires flew out while I was in motion, before I even finished the statement he was already shouting Oga shebi I tell you say, make you buy Tokunbo you talk say na new one you want, at this point I dropped the call and went to the trunk of the car to check where the product was manufactured, it was boldly written made in Nnewi, then I realized how far some people could go to discredit an Igbo mans product, Interestingly I never had to change that link until after 8 months when the car was due for service, Now I use only new products even if it is made in Togo.

Another scenario, before I never knew A-Z was owned by an Igbo man in fact I used to think it was owned by "Mummy" princess Bola Jegede, the Owner of A-z schools which I attended and she also has a football academy, however I was wrong, before then my mechanics (Another Mechanic) apparently like myself was also ignorant of this too, he advice me that if I wanted the best engine life for my car that I should always use A-z he said it was so good people used it if their cars had gearbox problems, then to my greatest surprised here on Nairaland I realize that A-z was owned by an Igbo man I shared this information it with my mechanic because of the way he promotes it he argued with me and said it was owned by a Yoruba the same woman I assumed when I convinced him showed him proofs beyond doubt he kept mute, on the next service he brought AP, when I asked him why AP he said "A-z fake done full market" I refused using the AP and said I would get the original A-z myself, which I did, afterall he told me if I want the best engine life I should always use A-z so I insisted.

I did not suspect any fowl play or lie however, it dawned on me when the same thing repeated it self, He advice I always use seahorse ATF stating that it was the best on the market, when i told him that the product was setting up a factory in the east and was owned by an Igbo man, on the next service he came with Master ATF, when I asked him why masters ATF he said "Seahorse fake done full market" i did not bother telling him that master ATF was owned by an Igbo man since then my car have been using Masters ATF. So Ndigbo this is why I call on us to use wisdom, we know what we are capable of we do not owe anyone any explanations neither do we have to prove anything to anybody, instead of engaging in this unhealthy back and forth with Yorubas thereby endangering our manufacturers exploits please let us try to add more value to the East by setting up more industries and protecting the existing ones not exposing them to danger, I would have added some encounters i faced promoting my products too, but this thread is already too long.

Igbo's let be wise and guided. Daalu nu.[/s]
Hahaha….. This thread is not necessary if all you claim in the yoruba thread is true….. You just shot yourself in the foot…. The yoruba thread has reset your brain and open your eyes to the reality on ground.
This thread is an acceptance of DEAFEAT
grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4137000_capture1_jpegb1ff00360a9015ca7795717777a84460

Cc: Markfemi2
laudate
kn23h
Kagawa10

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Danzakidakura(m): 4:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
well spoken God bless you, your point is noted

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Danzakidakura(m): 4:44pm On Jul 15, 2017
well spoken God bless you, your points are noted
Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by afonjaheadhunt: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
Igbo's I hope this thread will teach us Ndigbo something, the way Afonjas are trying desperately to derail this thread should tell us something, those of us who take pride in showcasing Igbo multinationals should stop it, especially with Afonjas if any people should be compared with the Igbo's in Africa it should be the white South Africans no other ethnic nationality qualifies too.

So please I hope we learn something today, Afonjas are not on our level and comparing them with ourselves belittles Ndigbo, please for the sake of our manufacturers let's stop with the listing of our companies and showcasing pictures Afonjas did not even list companies, address or provide pictures yet we are throwing everything on the internet and the internet never forgets.

Every thing we post here stays here. Igbo's let's be guided.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Markfemi2: 4:52pm On Jul 15, 2017
Awwwwww cry cry baby

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Twistaray(m): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
[s]
afonjaheadhunt:

I did not suspect any fowl play or lie however, it dawned on me when the same thing repeated it self, He advice I always use seahorse ATF stating that it was the best on the market, when i told him that the product was setting up a factory in the east and was owned by an Igbo man, on the next service he came with Master ATF, when I asked him why masters ATF he said "Seahorse fake done full market" i did not bother telling him that master ATF was owned by an Igbo man since then my car have been using Masters ATF. So Ndigbo this is why I call on us to use wisdom, we know what we are capable of we do not owe anyone any explanations neither do we have to prove anything to anybody, instead of engaging in this unhealthy back and forth with Yorubas thereby endangering our manufacturers exploits please let us try to add more value to the East by setting up more industries and protecting the existing ones not exposing them to danger, I would have added some encounters i faced promoting my products too, but this thread is already too long.

[/s]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Twistaray(m): 4:57pm On Jul 15, 2017
[s]
afonjaheadhunt:

[/s]
I

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by igbozionism(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2017
CltrAltDel:
[s]
Hahaha….. This thread is not necessary if all you claim in the yoruba thread is true….. You just shot yourself in the foot…. The yoruba thread has reset your brain and open your eyes to the reality on ground.
grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4137000_capture1_jpegb1ff00360a9015ca7795717777a84460

laudate
kn23h
Kagawa10

look at this coneheaded ewedu muncher. abeg shift well before i tell my mechanic to panel beat your head into shape.

16 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by whitebeard(m): 5:00pm On Jul 15, 2017
I never read I don they laugh

OK now I have read it somebody pls tell me the op's main point here cause iyam not understanding, but the thread has funny post though

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by kn23h(m): 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
afonjaheadhunt:
[s]Igbo's please we have made our point on "What have Yoruba produced?" Thread, we have shown not just Nairalanders, Nigerians but the entire globe what we have been able to achieve in Nigeria against all odd, that thread have shown the Igbo ingenuity, innovation and doggedness as a matter of fact it has gone a long way to show what an Igbo nation is capable of achieving, even the Yorubas that created the thread were confined to a status of mere onlookers and were subjected to admiration of our ingenuity in fact many of them doubted it and believed that our companies showcased are random foreign companies whose picture were recycled from google. That goes to show how far we have gone in terms of technological advancement, manufacturing and innovation and to think that most of the heavy machinery used in those companies were fabricated in the east, Aba precisely is a thing of joy and pride.

Igbo's let be wise and guided. Daalu nu[/s].

You realize that Yorubas are way beyond Ibo production, so you decided to destabilize the thread with repetitive low quality innoson assembled cars.

Yoruba companies yield billions of nairas, are multinational and have high repute. Ibos are still behind in this aspect. They're still local.

That's why you feel the need to create a boasting thread.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by kn23h(m): 5:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
From the top of my head, here are some of the Yoruba multi-million/billion companies we own and products we make. Yorubas run Nigeria's economy. Ibos are simply traders.

• Tara fela durotoye-tara international
• Olatorera Oniru - Dressmeoutlet
• Honey Ogundeyi- Fashpa
• Bilikis Adebiyi Adebola- Wecyclers
• Deola Sagoe - Deola sagoe
• Folake Coker- Tiffany Amber
• Lisa Folawiyo- Jewel by Lisa
• Adenike ogunlesi- ruff ‘n’ tumble
• Kunmi otitoju- minku design (reffered to as africa's hermes)
• Modupe "dupsy" abiola-intern avenue (one of the most influential black businesswomen in britian in 2013) described as a "serial achiever"
• Femi otedola-zenon oil/atlas shipping agency/swift insurance/fo properties limited/fo transport/seaforce shipping company
• Folorunso alakija-famfa oil (wealthiest woman in nigeria,2nd wealthiest black woman on the planet)
• Kola karim-costain west africa/shoreline energy international
• Kola aluko-atlantic energy
• Dapo Abiodun- Hyden oil and gas
• Tope sonubi-sahara energy
• Obateru akinruntan-obat oil (the largest privately-owned oil depot and jetty in africa also the second richest king in africa)
• Jide omokore- enerry resources group spog petrochemicals, energy properties development limited,innovative haulage limited,expand marine,bay atlantic limited,restore engineering limited
• Wale tinubu- Oando oil africa’s largest energy company(askmen magazine top ten ceos in the world)
• Robert agbede-chester lng biggest black engineering firm in the u.s
• Funso lawal-sogenal group
• Oba Oguntayo- Fowobi petroleum
• Oba Shafi Sule- Leolas Water and Drink, Leolas Ozonised Table Water, Leolas Apple and Leolas Lime & Lemon
• Aderemi makanjuola-caverton offshore group (africa’s first integrated offshore support service provider)
• Mike adenuga-globacom
• Funke opeke-mainstreet technologies
• Ayodeji adewunmi/olalekan olude/opeyemi awoyemi -jobberman (africa’s largest job search site)
• Tunde kehinde-african courier express
• Tope folayan- mall for Africa
• Kunle obagun- onward papers
• Tejufoam- Tejusosho family
• Olorogun sunny kuku- eko hotel
• Lekan Mustapha- Grand Inn hotel and Suites
• Lekan Bello- FSCL Group
• Razaq okoya-eleganza group
• Adetokunbo ogundeyi-proforce limited
• Olakunle ekundayo- drugfield pharmaceuticals drugfield is the first nigerian and african company to manufacture newborn cord-care antiseptic gel, chlorhexidine digluconate 7.1, which prevents umbilical cord infections in newborn babies
• Bukky George- Healthplus phramacies (Biggest pharmacy retail chain in Nigeria).
• Joke Bakare- Medplus pharmacies (arguably the Biggest pharmacy retail chain in Nigeria)
• Jimoh ibrahim-nicon group/global fleet group air nigeria/nicon insurance/nigeria re-insurance corporation/nicon luxury hotel lagos/nigeria - holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others global fleet oil and gas, nicon hotels, global fleet industries energy bank - accra, ghana energy bank são tomé global media mirror limited
• Oba otudeko--honeywell group/radisson blu hotel
• Alex Onabanjo- Terra Energy Nigeria, Atco furniture, Rainbow FM
• Prince samuel adedoyin-doyin group of companies global soap & detergent industries limited, consolidated foods and beverages limited doyin pharmaceutical (nigeria) limited,doyin farms
• Jimoh oyedele ibrahim-piccadily insurance/unique aluminium products limited
• Bode akindele-fairgate group the group is worth over 1billion pounds( among company’s tenants are asda wallmart,continental holdings/ modamola group of companies/nigerian biscuits limited
• Chief samuel adegbite-oasis group
• Kase lukman lawal-camac holdings (2002 camac was named the largest african-american owned company on the black enterprise 100s list.)
• Chief michael ade ojo-elizade group (largest importer/seller of toyota vehicles in west africa), elizade university
• Buruji Kashamu- KASMAL Goup
• Tokunbo Oshin- ZIPEST
• Chief harry akande-Aic Nigeria
• Tunji owoeye-elephant group
• Adebola Adegunwa- Fototek, Essay holdings
• Oladimeji owofemi- multi-trex foods, nigeria’s first indigenous chocolate manufacturer
• Tunde folawiyo-yinka folawiyo group
• S.K Onofowokan- Coleman wires and Cables
• Gbolade Osibodu- Vigeo group
• Fikayo ogundipe -Tolet.com.ng
• Victor obasuyi-obasuyi holdings (a real estate venture with properties that boast more than 40 tenants in the city of waterloo alone)
• Otunba Gbenga daniel- KrestaLaurel (Lifts and Elevator company)
• F.O Arowolo- ARON Nigeria
• Sujimbomi ogundele- Sujimoto constructions
• Demola Odutola- Queensdrive estates
• Olu Okeowo aka Lagos Landlord- Gibraltar constructions
• Abiodun Onanuga- NUGACON constructions
• Tayo amusan – Persianas group (owners of palms shopping mall)
• Tajudeen adepetu-CMA Group (SoundcityTV, Soundcity FM, ONTV, ONMax, Televista Movies, Spice TV, Village Square, Trybe TV, Urban96, Access24)

• (http://www.goldmyne.tv/2016/04/incredible-tajuddeen-adepetu-creats-eight-thriving-television-channels-in-12-years/
• Ayo animashaun- Smooth promotions (owners of Headies, HIP tv and hip-hop world magazine)
• Tyler Sotubo- Tooxclusive
• Ademola ogundele- Notjustok (The most popular music download site in Nigeria)
• Makinde Azeez- Naijaloaded
• Otunba Sesan Rufai- Goldmyne Entertainment
• Dele momodu- ovation
• Seun Osewa –Nairaland
• Bankole Oluwafemi- BigCabal media (TechCabal-The largest technology site in West Africa.Radar the largest technology forum in Africa and Zikoko one of the fastest growing entertainment content brands in Africa)
• Punch
• TheNation
• Tribune
• Biodun Shobanjo- Troyka Holdings( Insight communications largest advertising agency in west africa by billings and revenue), Azzagai,Optimum Exposure,Media Perspective,MediaCom,The Quadrant Company and Halogen Security Laide Fowosere- Nucleus Ventures. Employs 21,000 people
• Bayo Abdul-Papermate
• Alhaji muri gbadeyinka-muhri international limited star fm
• Otunba subomi balogun-fcmb
• Tunde ayeni- Skye bank
• Fola adeola-Gtb
• Hassan odukale -Leadway assurance
• Dolapo Balogun- Equity insurance
• Akintola williams&co –first and largest accounting firm in nigeria
• Akin alabi-Nairabet nigeria's first online sports betting portal
• Kunle Soname- Bet9ja (Nigeria’s biggest sports betting website) first Nigerian to own a top European football club by buying Portuguese second division side, Clube Desportivo Feirense
• Chief kessignton Adebutu-premier lotto (baba ijebu) nigeria’s most popular lotto operator
• Abiola Olaniran- Gamsole
• Adewale Osinubi- Wesco pools and lottery
• Ladi delano-bakrie delano africa
• Tayo ayeni-skymit motors
• Kehinde kamson-Sweet sensation
• Folu ayeni-tantalizers
• Kayode odukoya-first nation airways
• Dele fajemirokun-chicken republic/aiico insurance/xerox nigeria/kings guards
• Olayinka adebayo-tasty fried chicken
• Wale babalakin-bi courtney/stabilini visinoni
• Helios investment partners- babatunde soyoye
• Bola akindele-courteville group
• Adebayo Ogunlesi- Chairman Global Infrastructure Partners,owners of Gatwick International Airport London

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by kn23h(m): 5:03pm On Jul 15, 2017

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by dessz(m): 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
CltrAltDel:
[s]
grin grin grin

laudate
kn23h
Kagawa10
y u quote everything

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by waledeji(m): 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
The way Ibos see themselves

The most successful tribe... Igbo

The most intelligent tribe.... Igbo

The most richest tribe... ...... Igbo

The most beautiful tribe... ... Igbo

The most educated tribe.... Igbo

The most travelled tribe.. .. Igbo

The most religious tribe.... . Igbo

But the other tribe see iboscheesy grin

The most annoying tribe.. Igbo

The most crying tribe.. ... Igbo

The most agitated tribe... Igbo

The most lamented tribe.. . Igbo

The most relentless tribe... . Igbo

The most hated tribe..... Igbo

The most criminal tribe... . Igbo

The most proud tribe.. .. . Igbo

Na only una wake come?? cheesy cheesy cheesy

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Twistaray(m): 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2017
[s]
afonjaheadhunt:

I did not suspect any fowl play or lie however, it dawned on me when the same thing repeated it self, He advice I always use seahorse ATF stating that it was the best on the market, when i told him that the product was setting up a factory in the east and was owned by an Igbo man, on the next service he came with Master ATF, when I asked him why masters ATF he said "Seahorse fake done full market" i did not bother telling him that master ATF was owned by an Igbo man since then my car have been using Masters ATF. So Ndigbo this is why I call on us to use wisdom, we know what we are capable of we do not owe anyone any explanations neither do we have to prove anything to anybody, instead of engaging in this unhealthy back and forth with Yorubas thereby endangering our manufacturers exploits please let us try to add more value to the East by patronizing them, setting up more industries and protecting the existing ones not exposing them to danger, I would have added some encounters i faced promoting my products too, but this thread is already too long.

[/s]

kiss

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by ipodstinks: 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

11 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by kn23h(m): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
How many Ibo start up companies can yield millions of dollars? None

We Yorubas produce technological intelligence

Olaosebikan, 31, is the cofounder and chief technology officer of two-year-old Gigster, an on-demand service for software development and design connecting a network of vetted freelancers with companies that need their talent. He is, in other words, incarnating the programming-gig economy and already boasts a client roster including companies like Square, MasterCard and Airbus. With revenue climbing from $1 million to $30 million in the last two years, the founders are optimistic.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by afonjaheadhunt: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Igbo's let us not be fooled by Yorubas attempt to derail this thread, thesame Yorubas that were not able list their manufacturers on their own thread have come here crying in an attempt to derail this thread Igbo's please I hope we get the massage and don't fall for any attempt of derailing the thread by afonjas.

They can go to the other thread the Igbo's owned from page 5-75 to post their companies, however this thread here is to discuss issues sensitive and pertaining to Ndigbo we must not be used to derail our own thread the message is clear the message is simple, Igbo's stop endangering our manufacturers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by afonjaheadhunt: 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Igbo's stop embarrassing Igbo's.

Moreover comparing Afonja manufacturers to Igbo manufacturers

Equates to comparing Onitsha to Oshogbo in development shame.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by ipodstinks: 5:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
kn23h:
How many Ibo start up companies can yield millions of dollars? None

We Yorubas produce technological intelligence

Olaosebikan, 31, is the cofounder and chief technology officer of two-year-old Gigster, an on-demand service for software development and design connecting a network of vetted freelancers with companies that need their talent. He is, in other words, incarnating the programming-gig economy and already boasts a client roster including companies like Square, MasterCard and Airbus. With revenue climbing from $1 million to $30 million in the last two years, the founders are optimistic.

Bros, You don't need to reply these guys. Don't you know what inferiority complex is all about?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by kn23h(m): 5:12pm On Jul 15, 2017
Yoruba

He told The Guardian: “When I first came up with “Poundo yam”, I remember a British/Nigerian multinational company wanted to also introduce their “Poundo Yam” in 1988 in England. The company had to retreat. I made them to retreat, because, theirs was flakes, and when you prepare it, you will find lumps there. Mine was genuine and it was through innovation, research, and we are always aiming for the best.”

Although he was also doing Borehole prospecting, that was his entry into food processing through the bottling of palm wine. Thirty years after, Aiyegbusi’s is known as the man who makes canned palm wine. Though considered expensive, his “poundo yam” also sells globally.

“Do you know that my biggest selling product right now is plantain chips, “ipekere”, ordinary “ipekere?” They eat it in Russia, Scotland, Taiwan, USA, South Africa, because it’s a snack, just the “ipekere” and people worry me and say oh; “when we go back, can we eat your plantain chip, because we cannot get it here;” and I said, ‘well, because the money to set up the production or operation was sourced from overseas, so that’s when I am going to pay my loan back.”

Aiyegbusi was one of the brains behind former Governor Segun Oni’s yam and tuberous crops preservation project at Ilasa-Ekiti, Ekiti State.

“All I needed was 1400 pounds to start. From my mini cabin, I have only saved 800 pounds.”

His wife said: “Don’t worry, my total savings is 630 pounds, I will give you 600, you join with your 800 pounds. Let’s go and start, God will bless you.” Within three months, Aiyegbusi had a turnover of 10,000 pounds (Ten thousand Pounds)! Then he thought he was on top of the world. Today, his food business worldwide now has a turn over close to about 0.7 Billion Naira from 1,400 pounds. https://tundeakingbade./2013/02/17/aiyegbusi-from-n7-500-in-wifes-kitchen-to-n700m-turnover-in-food-processing-business/

No Ibo company can compete with this Yoruba man. cool

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by afonjaheadhunt: 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2017
Igbo's before you engage Afonja in manufacturing prowness.

There is a list of manufacturers from Onitsha alone floating on other threads let Afonja provide a matching equivalent, they were not able to do that and we stated listing Igbo companies that have always fronted as foreign companies, I am really disappointed I must confess. Tomorrow the same Afonja will flog his daughter for buying tummy noddles or chikki noodles over indomie because she prefers it to the rest.

Igbo's we must not showcase everything Haba we even went on to show Terago, neithmeith and many others, please we must realize Afonjas don't compare to us, even in their attempt to compare to us the claimed Toyota, Nissan, tata, proforce, which are all foreign companies when we have Innoson, Peace, Richborn, Annamco all indigenous car manufacturing and assembly plants in the east, sadly they are still here crying.

Please we must stop this nonsense let other ethnic nationals be the judge so no need to compare with Afonjas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by chiagozien(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
My brothe you have spoken well,that was why i did not even comment on that thread,we all know that there is no way you can compel yorubas and igbos in every aspect of life.and nigeria can do anything to bring down igbo man.just the same way i loose 11million naira to an hausa man in 2014 because of the evil policy they always put to hunt igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by whitebeard(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
this thread is on fire....!! I'm loving it everybody pour out your tribal feelings out here, this is a mod free zone no rules do whatsoever in the name of tradition, but remember REVOLUTION message

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Omofunaab2: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
Lol, una don accept defeat

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by afonjaheadhunt: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
I really don't understand why Afonjas are spoiling for a fight and want to do comparisons on this thread, on the thread they created Igbo's fried them there, why come here again? Please this thread is not for comparisons go back to the other thread even though Igbo have ignored the thread but what they posted so far have dealt a heavy blow to afonjas grin that's why afonjas are trying to catch their breathe on this thread.

However I still maintain this thread will not be derailed, Igbo's must get the message that I expect them to get from it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
They didn't know what hit them.Now is comparing themselves to south African whites, An escape to the serious bashing. I said it on the thread, igbo s ranting and chest beating will reduce to barest minimum. We don't shout when we do, we drown others.

18 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by kodath(f): 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
you said it all...we were comprising our standard

1 Like

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by ipodstinks: 5:31pm On Jul 15, 2017
kn23h:
From the top of my head, here are some of the Yoruba multi-million/billion companies we own and products we make. Yorubas run Nigeria's economy. Ibos are simply traders.

• Tara fela durotoye-tara international
• Olatorera Oniru - Dressmeoutlet
• Honey Ogundeyi- Fashpa
• Bilikis Adebiyi Adebola- Wecyclers
• Deola Sagoe - Deola sagoe
• Folake Coker- Tiffany Amber
• Lisa Folawiyo- Jewel by Lisa
• Adenike ogunlesi- ruff ‘n’ tumble
• Kunmi otitoju- minku design (reffered to as africa's hermes)
• Modupe "dupsy" abiola-intern avenue (one of the most influential black businesswomen in britian in 2013) described as a "serial achiever"
• Femi otedola-zenon oil/atlas shipping agency/swift insurance/fo properties limited/fo transport/seaforce shipping company
• Folorunso alakija-famfa oil (wealthiest woman in nigeria,2nd wealthiest black woman on the planet)
• Kola karim-costain west africa/shoreline energy international
• Kola aluko-atlantic energy
• Dapo Abiodun- Hyden oil and gas
• Tope sonubi-sahara energy
• Obateru akinruntan-obat oil (the largest privately-owned oil depot and jetty in africa also the second richest king in africa)
• Jide omokore- enerry resources group spog petrochemicals, energy properties development limited,innovative haulage limited,expand marine,bay atlantic limited,restore engineering limited
• Wale tinubu- Oando oil africa’s largest energy company(askmen magazine top ten ceos in the world)
• Robert agbede-chester lng biggest black engineering firm in the u.s
• Funso lawal-sogenal group
• Oba Oguntayo- Fowobi petroleum
• Oba Shafi Sule- Leolas Water and Drink, Leolas Ozonised Table Water, Leolas Apple and Leolas Lime & Lemon
• Aderemi makanjuola-caverton offshore group (africa’s first integrated offshore support service provider)
• Mike adenuga-globacom
• Funke opeke-mainstreet technologies
• Ayodeji adewunmi/olalekan olude/opeyemi awoyemi -jobberman (africa’s largest job search site)
• Tunde kehinde-african courier express
• Tope folayan- mall for Africa
• Kunle obagun- onward papers
• Tejufoam- Tejusosho family
• Olorogun sunny kuku- eko hotel
• Lekan Mustapha- Grand Inn hotel and Suites
• Lekan Bello- FSCL Group
• Razaq okoya-eleganza group
• Adetokunbo ogundeyi-proforce limited
• Olakunle ekundayo- drugfield pharmaceuticals drugfield is the first nigerian and african company to manufacture newborn cord-care antiseptic gel, chlorhexidine digluconate 7.1, which prevents umbilical cord infections in newborn babies
• Bukky George- Healthplus phramacies (Biggest pharmacy retail chain in Nigeria).
• Joke Bakare- Medplus pharmacies (arguably the Biggest pharmacy retail chain in Nigeria)
• Jimoh ibrahim-nicon group/global fleet group air nigeria/nicon insurance/nigeria re-insurance corporation/nicon luxury hotel lagos/nigeria - holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others global fleet oil and gas, nicon hotels, global fleet industries energy bank - accra, ghana energy bank são tomé global media mirror limited
• Oba otudeko--honeywell group/radisson blu hotel
• Alex Onabanjo- Terra Energy Nigeria, Atco furniture, Rainbow FM
• Prince samuel adedoyin-doyin group of companies global soap & detergent industries limited, consolidated foods and beverages limited doyin pharmaceutical (nigeria) limited,doyin farms
• Jimoh oyedele ibrahim-piccadily insurance/unique aluminium products limited
• Bode akindele-fairgate group the group is worth over 1billion pounds( among company’s tenants are asda wallmart,continental holdings/ modamola group of companies/nigerian biscuits limited
• Chief samuel adegbite-oasis group
• Kase lukman lawal-camac holdings (2002 camac was named the largest african-american owned company on the black enterprise 100s list.)
• Chief michael ade ojo-elizade group (largest importer/seller of toyota vehicles in west africa), elizade university
• Buruji Kashamu- KASMAL Goup
• Tokunbo Oshin- ZIPEST
• Chief harry akande-Aic Nigeria
• Tunji owoeye-elephant group
• Adebola Adegunwa- Fototek, Essay holdings
• Oladimeji owofemi- multi-trex foods, nigeria’s first indigenous chocolate manufacturer
• Tunde folawiyo-yinka folawiyo group
• S.K Onofowokan- Coleman wires and Cables
• Gbolade Osibodu- Vigeo group
• Fikayo ogundipe -Tolet.com.ng
• Victor obasuyi-obasuyi holdings (a real estate venture with properties that boast more than 40 tenants in the city of waterloo alone)
• Otunba Gbenga daniel- KrestaLaurel (Lifts and Elevator company)
• F.O Arowolo- ARON Nigeria
• Sujimbomi ogundele- Sujimoto constructions
• Demola Odutola- Queensdrive estates
• Olu Okeowo aka Lagos Landlord- Gibraltar constructions
• Abiodun Onanuga- NUGACON constructions
• Tayo amusan – Persianas group (owners of palms shopping mall)
• Tajudeen adepetu-CMA Group (SoundcityTV, Soundcity FM, ONTV, ONMax, Televista Movies, Spice TV, Village Square, Trybe TV, Urban96, Access24)

• (http://www.goldmyne.tv/2016/04/incredible-tajuddeen-adepetu-creats-eight-thriving-television-channels-in-12-years/
• Ayo animashaun- Smooth promotions (owners of Headies, HIP tv and hip-hop world magazine)
• Tyler Sotubo- Tooxclusive
• Ademola ogundele- Notjustok (The most popular music download site in Nigeria)
• Makinde Azeez- Naijaloaded
• Otunba Sesan Rufai- Goldmyne Entertainment
• Dele momodu- ovation
• Seun Osewa –Nairaland
• Bankole Oluwafemi- BigCabal media (TechCabal-The largest technology site in West Africa.Radar the largest technology forum in Africa and Zikoko one of the fastest growing entertainment content brands in Africa)
• Punch
• TheNation
• Tribune
• Biodun Shobanjo- Troyka Holdings( Insight communications largest advertising agency in west africa by billings and revenue), Azzagai,Optimum Exposure,Media Perspective,MediaCom,The Quadrant Company and Halogen Security Laide Fowosere- Nucleus Ventures. Employs 21,000 people
• Bayo Abdul-Papermate
• Alhaji muri gbadeyinka-muhri international limited star fm
• Otunba subomi balogun-fcmb
• Tunde ayeni- Skye bank
• Fola adeola-Gtb
• Hassan odukale -Leadway assurance
• Dolapo Balogun- Equity insurance
• Akintola williams&co –first and largest accounting firm in nigeria
• Akin alabi-Nairabet nigeria's first online sports betting portal
• Kunle Soname- Bet9ja (Nigeria’s biggest sports betting website) first Nigerian to own a top European football club by buying Portuguese second division side, Clube Desportivo Feirense
• Chief kessignton Adebutu-premier lotto (baba ijebu) nigeria’s most popular lotto operator
• Abiola Olaniran- Gamsole
• Adewale Osinubi- Wesco pools and lottery
• Ladi delano-bakrie delano africa
• Tayo ayeni-skymit motors
• Kehinde kamson-Sweet sensation
• Folu ayeni-tantalizers
• Kayode odukoya-first nation airways
• Dele fajemirokun-chicken republic/aiico insurance/xerox nigeria/kings guards
• Olayinka adebayo-tasty fried chicken
• Wale babalakin-bi courtney/stabilini visinoni
• Helios investment partners- babatunde soyoye
• Bola akindele-courteville group
• Adebayo Ogunlesi- Chairman Global Infrastructure Partners,owners of Gatwick International Airport London
You get time sha?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by ipodstinks: 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2017
waledeji:
The way Ibos see themselves

The most successful tribe... Igbo

The most intelligent tribe.... Igbo

The most richest tribe... ...... Igbo

The most beautiful tribe... ... Igbo

The most educated tribe.... Igbo

The most travelled tribe.. .. Igbo

The most religious tribe.... . Igbo

But the other tribe see iboscheesy grin

The most annoying tribe.. Igbo

The most crying tribe.. ... Igbo

The most agitated tribe... Igbo

The most lamented tribe.. . Igbo

The most relentless tribe... . Igbo

The most hated tribe..... Igbo

The most criminal tribe... . Igbo

The most proud tribe.. .. . Igbo

Na only una wake come?? cheesy cheesy cheesy
You dey mind them. You will be wondering, who is competing with them. Who ask them. I have never seen so much inferior tribe like that before. They can tell fishes how they can swim in the ocean than them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's We Are Systematically Endangering The Existence Of Our Manufacturers by CltrAltDel: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
igbozionism:

[s]look at this coneheaded ewedu muncher. abeg shift well before i tell my mechanic to panel beat your head into shape[/s].

kikikikiki….. See this deluded hypocritical gullible chest beating coward biafuro unity begging BANTU IMMIGRANT Northern igbo slave jews…… .E pain you abi grin grin grin
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5555990_savagemonkeychilddie_jpegf3b35ede1d6a0ce629ed04684cd04724

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ACN Distributes 100 Customized Mtn Recharge Card In Akure / Politicians Exploiting Terrorism For Short-term Political Gains, Says CAN / Gabriel Suswam's Sickness Stalls Corruption Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.