Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel (32595 Views)

Love Is A Game By Onyeneke Abel / Novel: JUST A Taste..written By: Onyeneke Abel / Novel: Life Of A Celebrity Written By Onyeneke Abel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2017
You have a dream to become a writer, but you don't know how to put the words together..
You don't know how to put your ideas down
Here is an opportunity for you
Learn how to compose and write your story with ease
As I walk you thru private lessons
Interested participants should contact
Fb username: Onyeneke Abel
Email: osadebamen222@gmail.com
Phone: 08160830305

Achieve that dream of being a Writer, starting from today..
Note: it will cost you

Sponsored by: Ab fiction stories/poems
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by omonifamily(f): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2017
you really try developed dis story, iz a gr8 work indeed

but please make it longer and faster
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Caught In The Moment (part 2)

Episode 3

Have you ever experienced that awkward moment when you have alot to say but just one word renders you blank..
That was me at that moment, like I was caught in a web..the moment I heard
"My bukky"..I lost focus, and I could only open my mouth but I didn't even know what to ask..or say.
I was expecting David to say something else, about leaving him stranded at the altar, grip me for betraying our love..but he started the car again and drove.
What? Just like that..no any other word? Just " my bukky?"
"Da..David?"
He didn't reply, he didn't say anything..this guy is driving me crazy, just a moment ago he made me feel he had that emotion, now he just went blank..
He parked the car, I didn't realize we went in the fashion house already..
"David? I know I hurt you but...
I didn't have to finish, that Joanne approached and he got out of the car to hug her..
What is this? Is this David or an imposter..I got out of the car and waved at Joanne, not because I want to, but because I just had to..
" where are you both coming from?"
I was startled when Jeremy asked from behind me..
"The hospital, where else would we be coming from"
Was this jealousy or anger?
"Jeremy for Christ sake David is your brother, he would do anything to hurt you"
I was speaking for David, cos I didn't trust myself..wait but I did not even say yes to this guy and he just assumes we are dating?..lemme just wait till madam Clara gets better..
The next stage of the competition drew near..we were to present a couple portrait, the best three proceeds to the final stage..
I was divided..the competition didn't really matter much to me now..it was David and his attitude, I didn't understand the guy and it was driving me crazy..
Do I approach him? How can I when that Joanne follows him around like a fly..and there was now another problem, vodka was now all over him now.. That vodka�!
She noticed I had a soft spot for David, so anytime she saw me around she is like
"Oh David that, David this"
You know what? I am tired of this, David has to spit it out..why this torture..I made up my mind, damn the consequences.. It was nice he got a office, so one evening I stole in to meet him.
"David?"
he turned to look at me and as usual kept quiet..
In anger I marched towards him and grabbed his arm, he was quick, he released his arm drew me like a piece of paper and held me against the wall, I struggled..he was a breathe away..coming closer, God he wants to Kiss me..

Caught in the moment
continues

©Onyeneke Abel .July 2017 all right reserved

1 Like

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by cutediva87(f): 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2017
wow, you sure know how to make us picture the story thanks. pls more update
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by queenitee(f): 9:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
You know just how to punish me, come and continue now please, thank you
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 29, 2017
nice story very captivating
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by XolezCouture: 9:35am On Jul 29, 2017
episode 4 oooo.....see inspiration o.... nice one����
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 10:04am On Jul 29, 2017
[5/29, 8:14 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 4

As a normal lady with heightened feelings, my defenses were growing weak, and so my struggle, he was in control and when he touched my nose with his, I went overboard..I tightened my eyes shut and waited for it, I waited for our lips to meet..but then, he backed away and let me go..
"Go home bukky"
He left me in the office..I wasn't just hurt, I felt foolish..I felt cheap..this wasn't the David I knew, he had changed..I couldn't read him and I could now see that he had decided to keep torturing me..
Well, if that's what he wants, I will give it him! Enough of this nonsense..I was gonna hit him back whatever way I can..first lemme deal with that vodka..
I met her in the canteen ordering for lunch, so I patiently sat till she was thru ordering and had a seat for herself..I marched towards her and before she said anything I drew the chair she sat, she fell with her ass on the floor, the glass of juice she had bought splashed on her, a little on me unfortunately..
"Ouch! Why not call David?!"
I suggested, when I noticed her mouth was opened but nothing came out..
I went straight to my room to prepare for the next competition.. I would have Jeremy take the couple portrait with me, of course there is no way he would refuse me..
But first, I need to see madam Clara, she had been discharged and she was safely in her flat..the fashion house was indeed a castle..on getting there I had a thud..it wasn't my flat so I knocked for a while, when no one answered I gently pushed the door, it opened..
"Madam Clara?"
No one answered, my heart missed, I was certain I heard something fall..God please..
I went to her room, I noticed the comb she had used to comb her hair..it had lots of her hair on it. God..it seems her hair had began to pull off..I was extremely scared..I heard the shower in her bathroom still running, so I hurried there to see madam Clara unconscious on the bare tiles, with blood dripping from her nose..
"Jesus!"
I shouted in shock.! What do I do? I was confused.. I ran to her..OK wait i needed to cover her up first, I ran to her room to look for a cloth..I called Jeremy immediately.. He appeared within minutes and she was rushed back to the hospital..
David appeared minutes later with Joanne the fly tailing him from behind as usual..he got to where I sat, Jeremy had rushed in to see if the Doctor was in his office already
"Where is Jeremy?"
David asked, oh so he could actually talk to me..I ignored him completely..
[5/29, 8:15 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Bonus episode!

Episode 5

He rushed in as well when he realised I wasn't ready to answer him..Joanne sat beside me..she was quiet for a while before she asked..
"Why didn't you answer David?"
See this one o..I looked at her with one evil eyes eh that she had to get up and find another place to sit
"Stupid girl"
I said in my mind..madam Clara was who I really had in mind..I was beyond scared..when I pictured how I saw her again, my heart missed and beats heavily against my chest..
I couldn't sit again, I had to stand up and pace round, Joanne joined me..I stopped to look at her
"You are not the only one worried nah"
She said..I had to laugh, hmm she is not that bad..so we ended up talking to keep our minds busy..
Hours later Jeremy came out..he stood for a while with his hands on his waist..we both rushed to him..I could see he was trying really hard to fight the tears..
"Jeremy its OK, its ok..you can tell us what happened.."
He opened his mouth..I didn't know he could actually stammer until now
"M..My Mo..Mother has 3months to live..the .the chemotherapy failed"
My mind went bizarre..I couldn't believe what I heard. Jeremy couldn't hold it any longer, he burst out crying..I hugged him and tried to fight my own tears, I should be strong for him now..as I hugged him I saw David come out..Joanne rushed to him..he was equally broken.. He clenched his teeth in pain and anguish..he couldn't even hold in it for long like Jeremy, he burst out crying like a baby. Joanne was really trying her best to console him..he was unconsolable.. I felt his pain, I remembered back then in Ibadan, when his father had health issues, I would steal out at night to see him because I knew he wouldn't sleep till dawn..
"You are my peace"
He often tells me then..
"If anything happens to us never forget that..please"..
He would hold me tight and sleep in my arms..
I waved the memory off, as I watched him cry, I didnt realise I was actually consoling Jeremy, I saw David raise his head to look at me in tears, I felt him call out to me..but I couldn't go.. I just took Jeremy with me and we left to the house..
Although he had refused to go but I was able to persuade him..he laid on my thigh
"when I was young, my mum allows me lie on her thigh till I sleep off" he said smiling, but then the smile disappeared just as quick as it came..I placed my hand on his forehead..he held it
" Bukky, please don't ever leave me"

caught in the moment
continues
copyright©onyeneke Abel .July 2017 all right reserved

1 Like

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by queenitee(f): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2017
Sorry Bukky
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2017
[5/29, 8:20 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)
©
Episode 6

I was quiet for a long time, I have to think about this, no I can't even promise such a thing, its heavy..
"Bukky,please promise me"
I didn't mean to but I pecked his lips, maybe to buy more time..
"Jeremy, I can't promise such..We must all die one day"
I protested a little although I knew another reason was David..
"Is that your reason?..or its David?"
His question was direct, it struck my heart like lightning, I held my breathe and tried to compose my speech first..
He got up to face me..
"So its true, you both have an history..right!"
He was becoming violent now..I bit my lips and breathe down..an idea came to my mind..
"Jeremy, with mummy's condition, this is the best you can do? Are we dating?..and even if we are, this is what you would result to?..accuse me based on your instincts"
He became calm instantly..oh God thank you..
"I'm sorry, I..I didn't know what came over me."

"Come here"
I extended my arms and embraced him..
Thank you Jesus.. I just couldn't stop thanking God..but for how long can I keep this up?..how long would i lie about my feelings?
David on the other hand had disappeared, for days I didn't see him..what happened..to my greatest surprise Joanne still couldnt tell where he ran off too..
Madam Clara was my utmost priority.. She had been discharged to live her last life on earth with her family..the competition was put on hold for the space of 4months..nobody except madam clarise, myself, Joanne and both her sons knew the reason why..
I went to see her as soon as she was discharged.. She was extremely pale, she now tied a scarf to cover the hair breakage.. I couldn't help but cry when I saw her lying helplessly on her bed..
She opened her eyes when she heard my voice.
"Bukky, Bukky my child come here"
She still smiled, how could she smile? With this predicament? What is she even thinking?..
"Mum?"
Did I just call her mum?..yes! She is, she is my mum.. And I love her, so much..
I hurried to her and sat beside her..
"Come here, come on I can still carry you"
Really? Of course she can't, but I didn't want to make her feel infidel, so I laid beside her and relaxed a bit, i was extremely careful and made sure I didn't put all of my weight.
"Where is David?"
A question that made me think far..where could he be..
"You are my peace..always remember that"
He always says that..
"I am here, where we will always be"
He said on the day of our wedding..
Oh my God..I know where David is..
[5/29, 8:27 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 7

This was it, I would be facing David all alone, I had to prepare all my defenses..physical, mental, spiritual and most importantly emotional defenses..
I had my driver.. Oh wait! You didn't know I have a car? Well I do now..big girl things nah..just that I am still learning to drive, so driving while traveling was out of the picture..
I was going to Ibadan.. Although I wasn't ready to face my family yet..but I couldn't resist the urge to pass thru and at least see the compound.
I saw my dad coming out of the compound, my younger sister tailed him from behind..unfortunately I didn't see my mum..God I have missed them so much but I still had this feeling that my father would still want me to marry David.. So I instructed my driver to drive to the church, where David would be..
And I was right, he was there, his car was parked outside..and for strange reasons, my heart began to beat fast the moment I stepped into the church..nawa o..I thought I had built my defenses already. I had not even seen him and my defenses were falling apart already..
"David?"
I called out when I saw him sitting at front, starring into the unforseen
"How did you find me?
I started towards him
" of course I would find you, remember you always come here when your Dad was sick.."
I got to where he sat and with all the courage I had, I sat with him, but I observed a reasonable distance..
"Well you've seen me, you can go back now"
I felt like slapping that his mouth..I breathe down, suppressed that initial anger and tried to think of something nice to say, instead of shouting
"You are an idiot" to his face..

"David, mummy needs you by her side now, she has never stopped asking about you.. David..
He turned to look at me with that fierce look that I heard to keep shut..
" Didn't you hear me..I said leave"
He spoke thru his clenched teeth as he tightened his jaw, maybe to scare me, I really don't know
You know that feeling when I felt like slapping him? It became intense..
"No..I am not going anywhere until you come with me"
And I meant it..an uncomfortable silence stood in between us before he spoke out..
"Bukky just quit the pretense and go..thats what you are good at"
Oh so this was really about us..
"David, is this about us"
I asked.
"There is no us..remember that"
He corrected and stood up to pace around..I knew he was just trying to control his emotions, and I was ready to make him pour it out whatever means possible..
[5/29, 8:30 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Bonus episode

Episode 8

I stood up and walked up to him..and with confidence i held his arm..I didn't know if I just wanted him to touch me or spit it out, or I wanted both..I just wanted to feel our passion..even if its just for a minute..
"David..I know I hurt you, I..
He turned in rage..
" no you didn't just hurt me!..you broke me!"
I took a step backwards in shock
"Where were you when my father died..I though you promised we were in this together..you left me! For what? For fame? Money?! Huh?! What?!"
I was quiet..I didn't know what to say to him..
"And now you've gotten super ambitious, you went after my brother!..right?! No what are you doing here?..you want Jeremy to see you with me?"
A tear fell from my eyes..it touched him and I could see it, he quickly backed away
"Stop crying, stop it"
I sniffed and wipe my tears..how do I even explain that I left him because I felt our lives still had alot to accomplish?.. Does that even make sense..
"David I am sorry.."
It was all I could say..it was all my brain could tell me..
"Bukky don't tell me that.."
He voice had become soft..
"Within months my mother is gone, again!..I refused to live out my childhood with her, I never gave her that opportunity to know her son, now I feel so guilty, I can't even face her..how could i be so stupid?..I can't even.."
His words got stuck as he broke down crying..I just couldn't stand there, I rushed to him and hugged him from behind..I cried with him, I understood his pain, I knew why he couldn't face madam Clara..
"David, why not make her remaining time with you a blessing, why not give her the son she always wished she had..?"
I raised my hand to his neck..I loved the body I was touching..I loved the scent I was inhaling.. I felt we were bonded that moment..like I was caught in that moment but I wasn't planning to escape..
"Bukky, please let me be..please dont come back to my live like this.. I have lived my life this two years trying go on without you.. And yet here you are..why are you doing this to me?"
I felt hurt, was I the reason for his hurt? Did I hurt him that bad?..did he love me just as much..can I even let him go?..
"David?"
I made him face me.
"I really don't know what to say.."
And I really didn't..so I drew him near and made our lips meet..the passion, like our hearts had been yearning for this for so long..we kissed hungrily, I held him tight..let the world be still, and for now, I love this man..damn the consequences

Caught in the moment
continues
©Onyeneke Abel July 2017 all rights reserved

1 Like

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Precious111(f): 6:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
Thanks for the update Mr
Good job..
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by queenitee(f): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2017
Poor Jeremy
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by gtin(m): 12:11am On Jul 30, 2017
Am telling u I pity for Jeremy cos is heart is about to be broken
queenitee:
Poor Jeremy
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2017
Ab fiction stories/poems
Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 9

"Are you both married?"
A man interrupted both of us, we broke free, breathlessly..starring at him with no word to express ourselves.
"Please this is the house of the Lord, keep it holy"
oops, is he the pastor of the church?..
"Let's go David"
He followed me..we were both quiet as he drove back to Ibadan..I followed back in his car to Lagos..I let my driver take my car back..I didn't even know what to say, he just faced the road..without turning to look at me..
Did I just do something wrong?..what was I thinking?.. I thought I had prepared all my so called defenses..What was he thinking? Oh God, what if he tells Joanne?
We got to the house.. I didn't want anyone to see me come down from his car..but how am I supposed to do that..
"David, please go and see mummy"
I said, the only word I was able to say..
He nodded and stepped out of the car, I sighed..I couldn't get my head to think straight now..what do I really do? Would David even consider leaving Joanne for me?
'Where have you been?"
Jeremy asked when he saw me, I wanted to lie, but of what use?
"I went to look for David"
He was quiet and starred at me with that suspicious eyes
"And you found him?"
I nodded in response
"How's mummy? Have you seen her today?"
I changed the topic immediately, he nodded in response..and was about to ask another question again..this Jeremy self
"Jeremy i am tired please, I need to rest"
I walked out on him, he wasn't making sense abeg..
Later that night I met David in the hall way..I attempted to walk past him but he held me back..God, my heart missed a beat..instant cold crept from my legs to my head..
"David please, someone could see us"
He walked closer to me..
"I don't care, why are you scared? Didn't you kiss me?"
I forced my hand free and stepped backwards
"It was a just a casual Moment, we were both vulnerable"
He was hurt, I didn't mean that but I just had to say it to get Free
"Bukky.. Tell it to my face..you don't love me?"
I swallowed hard..
"Huh" he was too close God..
"I do David! Is that what you wanna hear? I do"
He was broken because of madam Clara's ailment, I could see that, he rested his head on my shoulder
"Then please don't leave me again..I need you"
I melted in his arms, I couldn't stop him when he kissed me, I couldn't stop myself from kissing him back..
"Bukky?"
We broke free in shock, It was Jeremy..!
Now you know why my story was named "caught in the moment" because Jeremy caught us in that moment..

caught in the moment
continues
copyright©Onyeneke Abel .July 2017 all rights reserved

1 Like

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by abefe99: 9:21am On Jul 30, 2017
this is really caught in the moment tanq for d breakfast u are a genius more grace
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by edkai: 10:28am On Jul 30, 2017
Good morning nairalanders. Pardon me for derailing...I want to solicit your support for one of my protégés. Her name is Ayeni Olohije and she is contesting for a scholarship position at The Royal Arts Academy to study as a movie director courtesy Emem Isong. Please she needs your vote. Help her take a step closer to reaching her dreams. As her teacher, I can boldly vouch for her. She won't disappoint if given this opportunity.
Thank you in advance for your support and may God favour you in your time of need.
Here's her link. Just follow and click vote. You may also drop a comment below her profile if you are led to.
http://www.thesparkng.com/rookie-contest/?contest=photo-detail&photo_id=54772
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by gtin(m): 10:29am On Jul 30, 2017
This story is really making sense thanks Op and happy Sunday
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by baronky: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
wow can't wait for d next one
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by cutediva87(f): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
wow!!!
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2017
[5/29, 8:36 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 10

"Jeremy?"
He backed away slowly..and surprisingly left..God, it would have been so much better if he had shouted, bicker, or at least say something..
"Don't touch me..please just go"
I couldn't believe I said that to David..but it was his fault Jeremy caught us..I earlier warned that someone could see us but he wouldn't listen..he left as well, without saying a word..I stood there for a long time, do you know that moment when you don't even know what to think first..was I too harsh on David? Why did Jeremy walk away without saying anything? What was he thinking? Would he tell madam Clara? Or Joanne??
You can imagine the struggle..I was not at peace..
I made a decision to stay with madam Clara and avoid both of them, I packed my stuffs and started towards madam Clara's flat, only for me to meet Joanne on my way..when I saw her approaching it felt like my heart jumped out of my chest and ran for its dear life..has Jeremy told her already? A sudden rush of guilt filled me..I had been smooching another woman's property..
"Bukkkyyy..hiiii"
She hurried to hug me, I couldn't hug her back because my hands were occupied with my bags..
"Hi..hi."
I nervously answered, still trying to figure out if she was just acting or she wasn't aware yet..
"Where have you been? I have been searching all over for you?"
I was trying really hard to control my stupid emotions that were trying so hard to betray me..
"I have been around"
She hugged me again..
"ah,which kind sudden friendship be dis one nah" I thought..and kept forcing that smile..
"I need your help with this guy that's always been disturbing me o..I don't want David to find out"
I couldn't bear another moment standing with her, the guilt I felt was consuming me..I just gave a flaunting excuse and promised to see her later to have the ladies gist..
I got to madam Clara's flat and got a room for myself, before I went to her room..she didn't look like she was breathing.. My heart missed..
"Mum?"
She opened her eyes..oh what a relief..
"Bukky?"
God! Jeremy..
He came from behind me..I froze..
"Jeremy"
I was trying hard so madam Clara wouldn't sense something was up
He took me aside..
"It's OK dear..David explained everything?"
Huh? David?
"What did he say?"
I had to ask..
"Well he said you were both drunk and there is no way he would leave Joanne for you..they are getting married next month"
I couldnt still believe what I heard..my heart was ripped into two..David has broken me
[5/29, 8:37 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 11

"What is it?"
Jeremy asked..it seems he noticed my expression..I waved it off immediately and tried my possible best to act normal..he hugged me and breathe down..
"I was so happy he explained everything, I couldn't bear the thought of him having you"
You know that awkward situation when you don't even know how that person assumes you both are dating..and you yourself can't do anything about it..
I couldn't sleep that night, I stood up and went to madam Clara..I sat by her side, I didn't know when a tear escaped from my eyes..I quickly cleaned it off..I couldn't tell if she was sleeping or not, I moved closer to check her pause countless times till morning..
I barely slept..what's wrong with me self, how can I deny myself this pleasant gift called sleep for someone that is not even bothered if I was hurt, or in pain..
I decided to take a stroll, after I made sure madam Clara had eaten something and had her bath..the maid assigned to take care of her was most grateful, but me I just felt she wouldn't take better care of madam Clara like I would..
Oh, I met vodka, its really been a while..but I was not in the mood to just have our normal elephant tackles..I attempted to walk past her..but you know vodka nah
"I hope you are prepared for the competition, it starts next week"
Huh? Next week? I thought it was on hold for now..
"I can't wait to see that look on your face..when you find out you lost"
I just ignored abeg..I am not in the mood, I was getting cold, but not the weather's fault though..my heart was cold..
"Jeremy, the competition continues next week?"
I asked Jeremy when I got back to madam Clara's flat, he was there already with flowers..
He nodded, and whispered in my ears
"Mum insisted it continues.. I couldnt stop her"
David entered with Joanne, he ignored me and went straight to madam Clara..
Joanne hugged me as usual..I was too hurt to offer a genuine smile tho..but I feigned one..
"Bukky, our promised ladies gist"
I made that flaunting excuse again
I was spying at David to see if he would at least give me a glance..he didn't.. I couldn't bear this anymore..later that night I went to him..he was closing for the day when I met him in his office
"You are getting married next month?"
Was I supposed to greet first?..but that was the first thought that came to my mind
"He nodded his head"
A tear dropped from my eyes
"So what am I to you? A puppet?..huh David?.

" bukky..I love you"
He got me yet again

caught in the moment
continues

©onyeneke Abel .July 2017 all rights reserved

1 Like

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by SmellingAnus(m): 7:47am On Jul 31, 2017
Great piece... Following it till forever cool
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Kimkardashain(f): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2017
chai!! see heartbreak
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by dhamilorlah(f): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2017
bukky is not suppose to behave this way,she ought to let go of david
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2017
[5/29, 8:42 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 12

I was trying to figure out what to feel..should I be happy he still loves me? Does it matter?
"But we can't be together because...."
I held up my hands to interrupt him..I have heard enough..I couldn't fight the tears from dropping..
"Alright David, I've heard you..I wish you the very best"
I counted my steps towards the door, expecting him to at least call me back..he didn't..
I bumped into Joanne as she made her way in..
"Bukky..are you OK?"
I tried to hide my face and quickly wiped my tears
"Yes, yes..I am..I just went to pass a message to David"
I had to explain since she saw me coming out of David's office
"I just have this strong cold..catarrh and cough"
God I knew my lies were not convincing her, she kept nodding her head to my lies like one agama lizard..
"Ok"
She said, smiling at me..I excused myself..I felt her eyes on me till I was safely out of sight..I sighed in relief..
I went in to madam Clara..she was asleep..I drew a stool close to her bed and sat, within minutes I was lost..
"Hey"
It was Jeremy, he handed me a white handkerchief to wipe my tears..he didn't ask why I was crying, I guess he didn't care to know
"Come here"
He pulled me into his arms and hugged me..and for the first time, it felt comforting
"It's going to OK bukky, it will"
I believed him..
"You've had something to eat?"
I shook my head to his question, he insisted on cooking me something, it was funny actually, to imagine Jeremy cooking..for me? I remembered David again..back then he had to buy a cook guide to prepare a meal for me..it was ridiculous but he tried sha..there I go again, thinking about David..I waved it off..
Madam Clara touched my hands..I turned to her immediately..
"What's wrong my child?..you don't look happy"
She asked..maybe I should tell her about it, but I should not include the fact that it's her son David.
"Let him go, if he is meant for you, one way or the other you would both end up together"
Her words made me realise David was not worth my tears..
"Dinner is served.."
I laughed, hmm..it was really delicious..
The next day I prepared for the competition, I wore a backless light blue gown with an ankle strap heels..i was to take the portrait with Jeremy..
We got to the studio, he wore a zoot suit and laced up leather shoe..
"You are beautiful"
I smiled and held him for the photographer but he kissed me instead..
I heard a thud, it was David..the glass of wine he was holding was spilled on the floor..
[5/29, 8:43 AM] Abel�����: Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Bonus episode

Episode 13

"Oh Dave"
Jeremy called out and attempted to go meet him but I held him back
"Jeremy we are not true yet"
I pointed out and signalled at the photographer to continue..oh yes! He burned in jealousy..I could clearly see that..but who cares?
I stayed awake all night trying to make my portrait..I couldn't help but remember the look on David's face.. I laughed..he has not even seen anything and he is like that?..I was true with my portrait design..But this time I was wise enough to take it with me..vodka can't be trusted..I made two just in case..
"Bukky"
It was David..I was really expecting this..
"David"
I called his name too..seems fair
"Nice portrait"
He commented, although I knew he wasn't pleased with it
"Thanks.."
I attempted to gently walk away since he was not saying anything else..
He drew me back and snatched the portrait..what is even wrong with this guy
"Give it back!" I demanded..i was burning up now..
"So you kissed Jeremy?"

"Yes, you got a problem with that?!"
He took a step towards me..his eyes were not friendly at all..
"Jeremy is my brother"
You can imagine the guts..I folded my hands to look at him, a sudden rush of hate filled me
"And so? What is wrong with you David? What do you take me for.."
He attempted to say something
"No..David you had your chance and you blew it.now I don't want to ever see your face..you want to hurt me..yes! You got it..but don't come after me..I am not pleading..I am telling you..now give it back!"
I snatched the portrait from him and tried again to walk away..
"Bukky please listen to me"
He held me back again..oh my God
"Let me go!!"
Jeremy spotted us
"Bukky?"
He ran towards us, without hesitating he landed his fist on David..and pushed him away from me..oh my God, I didnt want that..
"Don't you ever get close to her again!"
Jeremy warned..I could see rage in his eyes..David went mad now..he got up and pushed him to the ground as well
"She is not your property!"
He shouted back..
Lord of Mercy, what do I do..i rushed to Jeremy but he was quick to get up and bounced back to David..I couldn't stop them as they raged at each other..
Who do I call, David? Jeremy?
"Stoooopppp"
I shouted on top of my voice and maneuvered myself to the middle..
They were both wounded..God what have I done
"Bukky tell Jeremy, that you would never stop loving me, that we love each other!"
David requested breathlessly.
"David, there is no us..remember?
Maybe I need to remind him..

Caught in the moment
continues
©Onyeneke Abel .July 2017 all rights reserved

1 Like

Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by SmellingAnus(m): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
Following cool nice one
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by omonifamily(f): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2017
wellfone guy
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by hormobolanle: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2017
OMG! hope David n Jeremy won't kill themselves over a gel now dat der mum is preparing to go meet baba God
Biko Wat will Bukky do now

am so loving d story saying I LIVE IT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT
Abelosas222 ya data BOMB! u are really killing d story
more inspiration#thumpsUp
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by hormobolanle: 9:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
OMG! hope David n Jeremy won't kill themselves over a gel now dat der mum is preparing to go meet baba God
Biko Wat will Bukky do now

am so loving d story saying I LOVE IT IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT
Abelosas222 ya dat BOMB! u are really killing d story
more inspiration#thumpsUp
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by gtin(m): 8:34am On Aug 01, 2017
Wow so now Bukky will have to make a choice, I hope she chooses Jeremy
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Abelosas222(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2017
Ab fiction stories/poems
Caught In The Moment (Part 2)

Episode 14

"Bukky what is he talking about?"
It was Jeremy's turn to ask now..I felt like running to David but No..instead I did something he didn't expect
"Jeremy let's go, I need to take care of that"
I took Jeremy with me..David couldn't move from where he stood, he remained there till I was out of sight..I felt bad, I knew he must be hurt but hey! I was hurt too, he should know how it feels
"Yes we both have an history"
I had to explain to Jeremy who never stopped asking..but I left out the Part where we kissed in the church..I didn't want to make him feel insecure
"Bukky..do you love me?"
My heart was beating fast, it always does that when I am thinking of a perfect lie to use
"A love like ours takes some time right?"
He smiled and held my hand as I tried to massage his cheek..that uncomfortable Moment as he starred deep into my eyes and made an attempt to Kiss me again..what is it nah? Na food?..I hit him a little where I knew it would hurt
"Behave yourself"
We both laughed..funny right..it wasn't to me sha, but trust me..I am very good at laughing even if I dont want to..
Joanne had travelled, I didn't know when, she didn't even tell me..where did she even travel to?. Well we were not that close sha, so she wouldn't tell me..
The day came where I had to present my portrait..I had successfully avoided David for a week, I missed him tho but Jeremy was there to make sure there was no dull moment..I wouldn't deny..I began to like the guy..David was there to, he had his eyes on me, Jeremy never left my side. I felt bad, so I am the cause for their enmity. Madam Clara must not even find out. So I planned to bring them back together before the issue goes overboard..
I spied at vodka's portrait, hmm..she took the shot with David, a sudden rush of jealousy filled me and I knew fully well that she noticed when she had that her devilish smile..
"Bukky bring your portrait forward"
This was it, I prayed so hard in my heart that I made it to the next stage..it was the picture where myself and Jeremy kissed..
And I got there
"Bukky comes first..vodka second..
That was all vodka needed to hear as she bounced out of the hall..wetin concern me?
But it will soon, because later on as I went to visit madam Clara, to my greatest shock ever..vodka sat with her..I took my steps slowly to make sure it was really vodka..how did she get here?
Oh no, what as she done? Madam Clara had tears in her eyes..
" bukky? What have you done to my sons?"

caught in the moment
continues
©onyeneke Abel .July 2017 all rights reserved
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by Kimkardashain(f): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
na wa oh. vodka abi kai kai
Re: Novel: Caught In The Moment (house Of Earl Fashion) Written By: Onyeneke Abel by EvaJael(f): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
Vodka o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed / Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photo Of 1986 When He Won His Nobel Prize / FIRE AND ICE (the Billionaire's Toy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.