Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging (10580 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / Get Adsence Approval Within One Month Of blogging. / 8 Things I Have Learnt From 3 Months Of Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
seuncyrus:

you're welcome , just one question tho...did you ping your blog or submit to any directories ?
i ddnt... I only share to school groups on fb and i also use it as my signature on nairaland
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by opacity(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][right][/right]
babablogger:
i have been sick for a while now and i need cash to treat myself i have a dell Latitude E4310 with receipt as collateral for a loan of 30,000 Naira which i will refund in two months please i need the cash urgently

WHATSAPP: 08172802145
So you mean you need transport to seme boader , lolz... economic-cum- political-asylum.[url]
babablogger:
i have been sick for a while now and i need cash to treat myself i have a dell Latitude E4310 with receipt as collateral for a loan of 30,000 Naira which i will refund in two months please i need the cash urgently

So you mean you need transport to seme boader , lolz... economic-cum- political-asylum.[/url]
babablogger:

So you mean you need transport to seme boader , lolz... economic-cum- political-asylum.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by opacity(m): 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
salveoP:
How?
E'hee....
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
Emmysky:
What are you even saying? There are two different variants of WordPress CMS. There is and Self-hosted wordpress blogs. The idea of quicker crawling varies on different factors like how many links and images are in that post, The amount of no_follow tags on your blog and Domain authority e.t.c. All this and more contribute to the speed of indexing on your blog and not the platform.
Have you ever wondered why Nairaland's post/topics gets indexed fast? That's because it is a forum with more than 3.6Million topics and every 5 minutes, at least 6 new topics are created and Google bot considers this when it comes to indexing. If you wanna try, Create a thread and wait for 1 hour(Sometimes 30minutes), Then go to google and search for that topic and you'll see it on google. Now do same on your blog and see if it won't take more than a day.
i'm talking from what i have tried so dont come here educating me about the two types of wordpress. had a blog on , had another on , both had different names and oh i didnt implement any seo stuff in them. i hated the fact that blogger posts dont get crawled for hours so i switched to . along the line i chose to post the same content on both blogs to see which one popped up first. without any seo implementation, the one on showed up first long before that of . i av tried it and i know what i am saying.

The things that makes google crawl a site faster includes the number of backlinks on sites with high domain authority, frequency of site update, some say length of post etc. however, you dont need these tips to have a newly opened blog crawled by google within hours of publishing the post. thats what makes it better than . yea lindaikeji and co are using yea they didnt start it today.
but for newbies, wordpress is highly recommended if they want to see their blog on google asap.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
Truth be told, it isnt easy but blogging about your passion is really fun. I started blogging on the 5th Of this month.

Though i am using free blogger platform which has .com, but the blog has really progress alot. Within one week and three days of blogging, i have 3.1k users and 6.8k pageviews, up to 15 comments.

I have also recieve alot of mail by students requestin for advice. I am really happy i have making impact to nigerian students. I do get my traffic from facebook groups. I am only lacking one thing which is the template.

Though the template of my blog is a neat one but i need someone to help me wit a professional template. As for the sub domain, i am planning to buy a custom domain when i have some cash.

My blog

www.admissiontipz..com

Boss, I also want to start something like this, I would be glad if u can just share d basic info I need and things I need to know.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by bamisepeters(m): 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
I'm kinda surprised too

We all know that Nairalanders barely visit people's blog, so the traffic is questionable
Nairalanders do visit my blog tosyne2much especially days my post is moved to frontpage. In short i get nairaland visitors everyday.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
bamisepeters:
Nairalanders do visit my blog tosyne2much especially days my post is moved to frontpage. In short i get nairaland visitors everyday.
i like ur template... Can you help me with it
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by tosyne2much(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
bamisepeters:
I wouldn't deny the fact that I also get visitors from Nairaland when my topic finds its way to the front page.

But you know you can't compare Facebook views to that of Nairaland

2 Likes

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by bamisepeters(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
holuwajobar:
i like ur template... Can you help me with it
my webmaster implemented the template. It might not be that huge like some webmasters will say but i cherish anything, budget matters too. If you don't have the budget to allow webmasters edit your blog template just google search for recent templatesand choose from the list, i once did same, blogging is stage by stage. Like someone advised keep working and get the crowd and authority before spending.

1 Like

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by bamisepeters(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
I wouldn't deny the fact that I also get visitors from Nairaland when my topic finds its way to the front page.

But you know you can't compare Facebook views to that of Nairaland
i get you now my blogther.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
bamisepeters:
my webmaster implemented the template. It might not be that huge like some webmasters will say but i cherish anything, budget matters too. If you don't have the budget to allow webmasters edit your blog template just google search for recent templatesand choose from the list, i once did same, blogging is stage by stage. Like someone advised keep working and get the crowd and authority before spending.
Thanks
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by seuncyrus(m): 10:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
Luiz1:

I was stunned when reading some of those guys' comment. lol

That kind of monthly traffic from Facebook groups is not out of place in the least bit.

I know someone that doesn't get search traffic at all. She's either too busy or too naive to implement SEO.

Yes... all her traffic come from social. Yet she pulls nothing less than 150k monthly page views.

Can you imagine , with the daily posts about blogging in the webmaster section..."gurus" still doubt 6k pageviews from Facebook groups ...its very funny sha

1 Like

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by kabsedokenneth(m): 4:49am On Jul 17, 2017
googlepikins:
trust me, those are spam bot. I've been there too, my first 2 weeks I was excited with my traffic, until I registered with Google analytics, then I discovered that the whole traffic wasn't real. They were all coming from Russia and Romania, I have to block these two countries IP, and my fake traffic reduced by force

i said it before though he thought i was only joking
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Rick9(m): 7:42am On Jul 17, 2017
donblade85555:
u better work hard because that niche is saturated
Well I have my own style, that am working on , moving with the crowd is not my thing. It would be my official website anyway
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by donblade85555(m): 8:25am On Jul 17, 2017
Rick9:

Well I have my own style, that am working on , moving with the crowd is not my thing. It would be my official website anyway
it is not about having your own style. the prob with that niche is that you can't get your own news, you must copy from somewhere.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 17, 2017
prettyboi1989:

i'm talking from what i have tried so dont come here educating me about the two types of wordpress. had a blog on , had another on , both had different names and oh i didnt implement any seo stuff in them. i hated the fact that blogger posts dont get crawled for hours so i switched to . along the line i chose to post the same content on both blogs to see which one popped up first. without any seo implementation, the one on showed up first long before that of . i av tried it and i know what i am saying.

The things that makes google crawl a site faster includes the number of backlinks on sites with high domain authority, frequency of site update, some say length of post etc. however, you dont need these tips to have a newly opened blog crawled by google...
You can force Google or any search engine to index ur new post in a few seconds. That's what I do. I don't wait for search engines.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Emmysky(m): 12:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Luiz1:
You can force Google or any search engine to index ur new post in a few seconds. That's what I do. I don't wait for search engines.
Do you use a search engine pinging service like pingomatic?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
Emmysky:
Do you use a search engine pinging service like pingomatic?
No, a somewhat quick process is by just sharing the link on Google plus. But, a very instant method is to fetch the link as Google in Web master tool.
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 3:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
kabsedokenneth:

i said it before though he thought i was only joking
what do you need as evidence again... i already uploaded the screenshot of my pageviews from google analytics
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Rick9(m): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
donblade85555:
it is not about having your own style. the prob with that niche is that you can't get your own news, you must copy from somewhere.
Sorry for the mixup, I have no intentions of posting entertainment/celebrity news check this website you will understand

www.producergrind.com
or
www.hiphopmakers.com
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Icedprince1d(m): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2017
holuwajobar:
dd u re-edit ur template?

No nd yes
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 7:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
EntMirror:
The sky is you're starting point. If you need any help, pm me.

bro, check out my blog if it is now ok
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
I think I love the new face... Kudos bro

holuwajobar:
bro, check out my blog if it is now ok
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
EntMirror:
I think I love the new face... Kudos bro

Thanks bro... Now it remains d domain name
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by successincentiv(m): 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Are you sure ?

Try showing us your google analytics dashboard and I will believe you.

One question.

How many posts have you written ?
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
holuwajobar:
Thanks bro... Now it remains d domain name

Yea.. It's step by step..
Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by holuwajobar(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2017
successincentiv:
Are you sure ?

Try showing us your google analytics dashboard and I will believe you.

One question.

How many posts have you written ?
up to 16 post... See d screenshot of the current stats

Re: My One Week And Three Days Experience Of Blogging by ahjerryboy1(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2017
which traffic is best between google adsense and google analytic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Can I Make My Blog Appear On Top Google Search / Cost of Designing & Hosting a Web Portal / 6 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Website.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.