Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage (3398 Views)

Traditional Marriage In Uromi, Esanland. Please Share Tips / Isese Day: Osun declares Tuesday public holiday for traditional worshippers / Traditional Marriage Rites Ceremony Of Umudioka Town, Dunukofia Lga Of Anambra S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by kuuljay(m): 7:48am On Jul 16, 2017
Knocking of door,pls who can guess the tribe

1 Share

Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by Babysnow1: 7:59am On Jul 16, 2017
Let's me wait for other people opinion
As I no know d tribe tongue
Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by akpamuomenka: 8:01am On Jul 16, 2017
Marriage has no fixed price and all the items on the list are negotiable. If you appear like a huge spender, your potential in-laws will milk you but if you appear like a struggling guy, they will also treat you the same. Sit down with your potential in-laws and tell them what you can offer, you can go with two elders from your side that understands tradition very well. Stop bn childish for marriage is for matured minds.
Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by Yeligray(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2017
I imagine how broke the guy will be after marriage.
Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by kuuljay(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2017
akpamuomenka:
Marriage has no fixed price and all the items on the list are negotiable. If you appear like a huge spender, your potential in-laws will milk you but if you appear like a struggling guy, they will also treat you the same. Sit down with your potential in-laws and tell them what you can offer, you can go with two elders from your side that understands tradition very well. Stop bn childish for marriage is for matured mind

is the picture childish? Or it simply touched a nerve
Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by akpamuomenka: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2017
kuuljay:
is the picture childish? Or it simply touched a nerve

The picture is not childish but the title is.
No tribe will give you this just for knocking of the door but if you feel that you're well loaded, you can do this no wahala, you can even add one cow, they will still accept it.

A friend of mine bought times 5 of every item on the list given to him for knocking of the other but in my own case, I negotiated my way through.
Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by kuuljay(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2017
akpamuomenka:

The picture is not childish but the title is.
No tribe will give you this just for knocking of the door but if you feel that you're well loaded, you can do this no wahala, you can even add one cow, they will still accept it.

A friend of mine bought times 5 of every item on the list given to him for knocking of the other but in my own case, I negotiated my way through.
so you know so much about over 250 tribes in Nigeria ....oya clapp for yourself
Re: Knocking Of Door For Traditional Marriage by akpamuomenka: 10:39am On Jul 16, 2017
kuuljay:
so you know so much about over 250 tribes in Nigeria ....oya clapp for yourself

I don't think you're married. Every married man knows what goes on during this time. Your wife to be has a big role to play as well b'cos her parents will be working on the information she gives them concerning your financial status.

If your wife tells them that you don't have money that they should accept whatsoever you brings otherwise she will elope with you, my dear that's a big blow to whatsoever list(s) given to you.

(1) (Reply)

Avbe Ovbiedo, How Much Is The Traditional Bini Bride-price? / Ja Ja King Of The Opobo ( 1821-1891 ) / /cum/ - Canada - USA - Mexico

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.