Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390110 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MissEnyo: 6:06pm On May 30, 2022
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by BunmiBie: 6:38pm On May 30, 2022
MackyNaija you don't update us about your house. Have you moved in already?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Newusername(m): 6:47pm On May 30, 2022
MackyNaija:

I am highly concerned about job prospects post graduation and employer filing thats why I recommended what I did.

I do not know much about prospects for mechatronics as I have never looked into it, but for citizens without issues bothering on work authorization, they can do whatever they wanna do.... international students do not have this luxury.

OK sir, thank you for your response.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:24am On Jun 17, 2022
BunmiBie:
MackyNaija you don't update us about your house. Have you moved in already?
It's coming along nicely but they keep pushing back the expected completion date.
Not a problem for us, our own na make them finish am make we move in.

All the bricks should be done by now, cabinets installed, walls painted, base boards done, trims and doors all installed...

This week na for vinyl flooring and bathroom tiles.

Next should be marble countertops, Electrical trims (sockets, switches etc), final plumbing (faucets, shower heads etc) and HVAC trims (ac vent covers etc).

22 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Richdee1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2022
MackyNaija:

It's coming along nicely but they keep pushing back the expected completion date.

All the bricks should be done by now, cabinets installed, walls painted, base boards done, trims and doors all installed...

Next should be marble countertops, Electrical trims (sockets, switches etc), final plumbing (faucets, shower heads etc) and HVAC trims (ac vent covers etc).

You no go put Security switch? Abi na sensor as Dem dey call am?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by BunmiBie: 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2022
MackyNaija:

Almost set grin

We go come celebrate Christmas for there with better jollof...lol

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:00am On Jul 02, 2022
Richdee1:

You no go put Security switch? Abi na sensor as Dem dey call am?
Which kinda security you mean?

I get plans for:
4 external sides - 8x 4k Re0link cameras + recorder box
Garage interior - wyz3 cam connected to the liftmast3r garage door opener
Garage external - wyz3 motion activated flood light
Front door and all indoor windows - R1ng security package with 24/7 monitoring

Overkill? Yea Yea.. grin Ogun kill all the burglars and home invaders.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:04am On Jul 02, 2022
BunmiBie:

Almost set grin

We go come celebrate Christmas for there with better jollof...lol
Almost done for real. Loan already approved and rate locked.

Received a call from the loan officer yesterday that underwriting is likely Fully done - no need for resubmission of documents later in August.

Income to Purchase price ratio na <2.5, so we go fit survive the 6% loan interest rate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Dremca(m): 1:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
As I was looking at the picture, I nearly wanted to ask you where you mounted your GP tank, I quickly remembered you are not with us.
MackyNaija:

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:29am On Jul 09, 2022
Dremca:
As I was looking at the picture, I nearly wanted to ask you where you mounted your GP tank, I quickly remembered you are not with us.
No deh jonse o grin

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Olumighty123(m): 6:55am On Jul 09, 2022
Dremca:

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:24am On Jul 18, 2022
MackyNaija:
Day 10

Finally I get to write a diary, one I would love to read in a few months time and smile.

Writing a piece on how events unfold would ease the tension building up in my soul....

Those people wey talk "Oluwa bu Eze!" know wetin them deh talk...
It's been almost 5years and I am grateful! smiley

I'll be counting down while also counting my Blessings and most especially, I cannot skip saying "God Bless America!" kiss

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:26am On Jul 18, 2022
MackyNaija:
Day 9

Now Playing: Jack Garratt - Surprise Yourself...
ALL I set out to achieve has been achieved and a whole lot more...
My mouth no fit talk am finish! Oluwa You too much!!!

Na this one managers deh call "Exceeded Expectations" for annual performance review. smiley

14 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by BunmiBie: 6:48am On Jul 18, 2022
MackyNaija:

I'll be counting down while also counting my Blessings and most especially, I cannot skip saying "God Bless America!" kiss

Wow!
All I can say is "thank you Jesus"
It can only be God.
For his protection and blessings over you and your family.
Thanks for being a blessing to many of us too.

Oga macky to the world grin kiss

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lilmessis(m): 9:33am On Jul 18, 2022
MackyNaija:

God bless america and you also

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:35am On Jul 19, 2022
MackyNaija:
Day 8
...come 5a.m tomorrow, I will be Lagos bound...

Join me tomorrow for my road trip from Port Harcourt to Lagos. I am a sisi, 100km/hr.... Life no get duplicate. cheesy

MackyNaija:
Day 7
Today is set for the road trip, join me as we go on this exciting journey. smiley

I clearly remember this day especially the drive through East-West road..
Aba road to Uniport to Kaima Bridge, then past Warri (I relived all my bush work in Ogharefe, Ologbo, Efe, Oben and a host of other locations), then past Benin bypass and ended up at Ore straight to Lagos-Ibadan expressway... smiley

Beautiful country I must say kiss

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:41am On Jul 20, 2022
MackyNaija:
Day 6

Today went well in a way...

New city, new sights, fresh breath.
Each time I read about the soot situation in PH and the shortness of breathe I always experienced...

For yankee, I go outside to the park on most weekends, look into the skies, embrace the clean air and breath real deep! smiley

16 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by sonnie10: 4:33am On Jul 20, 2022
MackyNaija:

Almost done for real. Loan already approved and rate locked.

Received a call from the loan officer yesterday that underwriting is likely Fully done - no need for resubmission of documents later in August.

Income to Purchase price ratio na <2.5, so we go fit survive the 6% loan interest rate.

Hope you are doing 30years foxed? Please stay away from adjustable rate.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Limassol(m): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2022
MackyNaija:

ALL I set out to achieve has been achieved and a whole lot more...
My mouth no fit talk am finish! Oluwa You too much!!!

Na this one managers deh call "Exceeded Expectations" for annual performance review. smiley
A big congrats man! It feels good seeing others prosper.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:36am On Jul 22, 2022
sonnie10:

Hope you are doing 30years foxed? Please stay away from adjustable rate.
Yes Sonnie, fixed at 30yrs. The ARMs look tempting! cheesy
My OKC friend closed earlier this year, rate was fixed at 3%.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:04am On Jul 22, 2022
MackyNaija:
Day 5

What did I do!?? shocked
Agreeing to help a friend run an errand at far away Ogba wasn't a smart choice...

Let's see how the trip goes...
Speaking about choices, What are we doing??
The exact question we started asking when we started searching for a house to buy.

Impromptu search, totally unplanned. Our only plan was to leave California, we got to Texas and started house searching the next month! cheesy

..and now, we'll ll be closing soon. smiley

We received an update: Lanscaping phase 1 done, carpets for the rooms ongoing.
Outside 85% done after waiting for 3weeks, inside should be 99% done.

Next stage will be fence and sod (grass).

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by BunmiBie: 4:33am On Jul 22, 2022
MackyNaija:

The exact question we started asking when we started searching for a house to buy.

Impromptu search, totally unplanned. Our only plan was to leave California, we got to Texas and started house searching the next month! cheesy

I check this thread everyday because I am so addicted.
Massive Congratulations boss.
May Oluwa continue to answer your prayers.
Maya everything that gives you joy continue to do so and many more sources of happiness shall open unto your household.

I am very happy for you

6 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Paccus: 10:26am On Jul 22, 2022
MackyNaija:

Congrats Macky cool cool Very soon you go become Landlord

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Bossman(m): 4:00pm On Jul 22, 2022
You are doing well. of course you do not necessarily have to wait the whole 30 years to pay it off. Was in the same boat quite some years ago. Built in 2000, with a 30 year fixed rate. We paid it off in about 14 years or so. An extra payment each month goes a long way. Well done bro!

MackyNaija:

Yes Sonnie, fixed at 30yrs. The ARMs look tempting! cheesy
My OKC friend closed earlier this year, rate was fixed at 3%.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lilmessis(m): 10:47pm On Jul 22, 2022
Wow,i read this thread from 1 to 106 in 3 days. omo i try sha this thread don turn addiction to me self,but i must commend u mackynaija you try well well to dey share ur experience like this for the past 5 years no be small thing u and the rest of them like franknetter.lionee. bossman. naijamanyoutube, twoods(ahaha) blowjobs,drenimarcus,maternal,and the rest in usa and canada and uk ona welldone ona try sha to dey share ona experience GOD bless u all and god bless america macky all the best

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:44am On Jul 23, 2022
BunmiBie:

I check this thread everyday because I am so addicted.
Massive Congratulations boss.
May Oluwa continue to answer your prayers.
Maya everything that gives you joy continue to do so and many more sources of happiness shall open unto your household.

I am very happy for you
Thank you very much!
When you arrive, 5years later, your story at worst will be like mine or even exceed the great things that have happened to me.

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:48am On Jul 23, 2022
Paccus:

Congrats Macky cool cool Very soon you go become Landlord
My longtime follower, thank you very much.

Bossman:
You are doing well. of course you do not necessarily have to wait the whole 30 years to pay it off. Was in the same boat quite some years ago. Built in 2000, with a 30 year fixed rate. We paid it off in about 14 years or so. An extra payment each month goes a long way. Well done bro!
Thanks Bossman, we almost did a 20yr mortgage, we picked one that give us room to manage on one income. Interest on 6% na die.

Lilmessis:
Wow,i read this thread from 1 to 106 in 3 days. omo i try sha this thread don turn addiction to me self,but i must commend u mackynaija you try well well to dey share ur experience like this for the past 5 years no be small thing u and the rest of them..

...GOD bless u all and God bless america macky all the best
Welcome to the thread and thank you very much! smiley
This country has changed the lives of so many people I know. God Bless America!!!

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:47am On Jul 23, 2022
MackyNaija:
Day 4

Today was simply quiet, I didn't go out until evening...
Today no quiet o, work wan kill person. cheesy
Been covering the tasks for someone who did an internal transfer.

Company is on hiring freeze so a replacement is not coming soon.

Laying peacefully in bed, body needs a lot of rest.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by FrankNetter(m): 3:59am On Jul 23, 2022
Marking attendance cool

7 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lilmessis(m): 8:16am On Jul 23, 2022
MackyNaija:

My longtime follower, thank you very much.

Welcome to the thread and thank you very much! smiley
This country has changed the lives of so many people I know. God Bless America!!!
it is an honour to have a mention from you sir thanks so much,america has really change a lot of any hardworking,dilligent and smart,nigerian lifes like u,you are really a great person and a role model

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by BunmiBie: 11:30am On Jul 23, 2022
MackyNaija:

Thank you very much!
When you arrive, 5years later, your story at worst will be like mine or even exceed the great things that have happened to me.

Amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.