Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,119 members, 7,811,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389372 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Pipereyo1: 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Good morning . Afternoon or evening depending on the time you reading this . Pls I have a little issue and I think the guru here can help me out . Early last year February I booked an appointment with my wife and kids . We were suppose to attend the interview this year march 2022 but I got a email that my interview as been rescheduled till oct . So my wife got pregnant in may and we had the baby this January. So I had to wait till she’s six month before I got her passport and paid for the visa fee . But I was unable to add her as dependent . What do you think I should do. Pls I need help as the interview is fast approaching…
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by EngrKemp: 11:22am On Oct 19, 2022
MackyNaija:

shocked shocked shocked
Oboy! Those people deh vex!!!

Wetin dem say be the problem?
MackyNaija
Pls how many people got perfect cgpa in ur class?
U said u were about 66 to 77 people in your class do how many people actually graduated ?

Where in pH city did u do GRE
And where can one fo GRE tutorials in pH city?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by EngrKemp: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
MackyNaija:

@ Firefox01 , uchman , Sherlock5577 , xxxXXXxxx , gracefoundmme , Brightfab , alfonso36 , Drella...
and everyone else, thank you all for your good wishes! cool

@Drella, it was an Msc in Industrial Engineering. It was the Best Decision I made in 2016 - planned, implemented, and left in July 2017.
You too can do it if you are thinking about it.

With projections to be scheduled for an immigration interview earliest December 2021, as I saw the card with a 2031 expiry date, water full my eyes cry but as a strong man, I refuse to cry cheesy. I just said "Oluwa bu Eze!" cos I cannot explain how I was approved in 6 months instead of 18 to 24.5 months as I projected.

Glad I am not where I was a year ago, making progress and you can too (no use the money build fish pond grin, come yankee come discover your full potential).

Bro...
Omo pH guy needs advice..

Person wey wan be like u for Yankee but already has a wife in Naija..

How can he run the citizen thing after msc in the US and get it as quickly as possible to stay legal?

How can somebody with low cgpa in Bsc engineering and a distinction in a Advanced Diploma in Shipping,Port Administration and Management from a reputable university in Nigeria get into A&M graduate school for msc in IE?

***Admission requirements( Advanced Diploma): Bsc or 10 Years of verifiable Congent Working Experience.

***Kindly advice on what route for getting the admission and then citizenship...

***What platform do u trade on
And what platform do u use easily for ur cryto transaction and reasons u think it's the best?

What works for u....?

What do u think will work for me as regards getting admission considering the poor cgpa?
Can the advanced Diploma be an enebler ?
Can u do a reference letter as to why I think I should be given an opportunity to do IE noting that u guarantee I will do very well in the course?

And , kindly advice on the way forward ..
Thanks

And last but not the least...
Kindly email me the job interview questions they asked u to analysed at the final stage with ur QE Director..

Email is : weteckventures@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by EngrKemp: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
TEODIN:
WGU is an online university that runs a capability mode of education and it is non-profit and well accredited established by former American Governors... I saw when you were saying something about networking that’s why I asked.. in networking/Cybersecurity certifications are more important than degrees.. WGU combines both certifications and degree and they pay for the necessary certifications for you and their fees are very cheap..if you can transfer some courses from your cc, plus general education requirements from previous degree., you can have a bsc in one year with all the necessary certifications with less than 7k dollars.. with that combination, you be hotcake
Bro, u mean ..without any knowledge of computing and programing, I can comfortably achieve this degree and Certications within one year as I am seated right here in my village in Nigeria and with just 7k$?
Pls answer me o
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Liamm(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2022
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by crood: 8:44am On Dec 07, 2022
kroger:

Oh thanks for the info I didnt know the headies award will be hosted in Atlanta. I heard Goya Menor is also coming to Atlanta. Are u in Atlanta?
this is my number sir please call me +2349048693850
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Digbick: 1:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
kroger:

I did not attend any formal school here, I learnt online and mentored by those already in the field.

I used www.cybrary.it and also bought some courses on udemy for my learning.

I'm already learning towards cyber security, do you mind giving me the login to the cybrary site to learn some cyber security tools for gathering info and securing network and there general usage.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Sonicroyel: 4:51am On Jan 23, 2023
Guys please I need some assistance.
So I met this family over 3years ago and they've kinda taken me in as I barely have a family that cares here they catered for my tuition from 200lv till.i graduated from uniben now that I'm done they're considering getting me across but I just don't know what route to actually take.
Point to consider... They're willing to do everything and anything to get me across the wife is a retired social worker and the husband works as a gm in a restaurant.
They spoke about immigrating who j sounds so cumbersome from my little research.

They also mentioned going through the church but I don't know how feasible that is
Also there's the option of the job route
But I just came here first to solicit of advice and opinions on what steps i should take
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by bulespephilo(m): 10:44am On Feb 11, 2023
Good morning guys.
Please I have a quick question.

I recently got admitted into 2 US universities to do my Ph.D. with TA and fellowship; complete package for fall 2023.
The main issue now is I need money to process my visa and travel.

Where's the best place I can access loan to pay back gradually once I'm there?

Please treat as urgent, thank you all.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by SuperOnyi: 6:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
shocked

What's up, @tobedated?

Please, what type of laptop do you use? How'd you buy it, online or offline?

I just saw a Dell Slim Chromebook for N48K here on nairaland but Google says, Chromebooks can't perform certain tasks like laptop would do. Plus, it doesn't operate on Windows...

Please, I need your advice. Hoping to hear from you, thanks.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Tobedated(m): 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

What's up, @tobedated?

I just saw a Dell Slim Chromebook for N48K here on nairaland but Google says, Chromebooks can't perform certain tasks like laptop would do. Plus, it doesn't operate on Windows...

Yoh bro my laptop was handed down to me so I don't know the price
But what I do know is that don't buy a Chromebook and I'll suggest you check offline for a laptop you will find a better deal that way
Please if you do see a laptop you want to buy
Mention me with its name so I can help you check if it's worth it or not

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by SuperOnyi: 8:20am On Mar 05, 2023
Tobedated:

Yoh bro my laptop was handed down to me so I don't know the price
But what I do know is that don't buy a Chromebook and I'll suggest you check offline for a laptop you will find a better deal that way
Please if you do see a laptop you want to buy
Mention me with its name so I can help you check if it's worth it or not

shocked

Thank you very much, brotha.

How much do you think it'd cost me, yeah, a used one?

Sorry for these questions, I just wanna be 100% sure of what I'm doing plus I don't know much about computers.

Thanks.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Tobedated(m): 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2023
SuperOnyi:

shocked

Thank you very much, brotha.

How much do you think it'd cost me, yeah, a used one?

Sorry for these questions, I just wanna be 100% sure of what I'm doing plus I don't know much about computers.

Thanks.

It mostly depends on what you want
Just go to a place they sell laptops and bargain just to get an idea of it price
Or you can check on nairaland as well if you see one that you like and can afford then mention me
So I can check if it's worth it

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by SuperOnyi: 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2023
Tobedated:

It mostly depends on what you want
Just go to a place they sell laptops and bargain just to get an idea of it price
Or you can check on nairaland as well if you see one that you like and can afford then mention me
So I can check if it's worth it

shocked

Thanks bro.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2023
SuperOnyi:
shocked

What's up, @tobedated?

Go to computer village and buy laptop or go on jiji or jumia
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by molybdenum0012: 1:02pm On May 17, 2023
Thank God for life. Oga mac, I am here again..It's been long while here. I will be in the US as a permanent resident in less than 3 months.
I have been learning new skills to prepare me for the challenge ahead. I have taken the following courses :
Software engineering, specializing in Front-end development
data analysis: excel, power BI, python and sql.

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Timiofak(m): 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
My guys

Fourth semester (64 credits) of straight A’s 4.0 secured. I got an internship with a startup and it’s really Goodddd

Got the option to get my MSc in electrical engineering in +1 years to my program and I took it.

Life has been good, bros Macky thanks for encouraging us to leave Nigeria 🫡

22 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Sisib15: 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello, how was your interview
chinwe12:
Countdown to my interview, I pray it will be successful, i hope to have my own view of yankee next year
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by brighttech95(m): 8:36pm On Jul 11, 2023
Timiofak:
My guys

Fourth semester (64 credits) of straight A’s 4.0 secured. I got an internship with a startup and it’s really Goodddd

Got the option to get my MSc in electrical engineering in +1 years to my program and I took it.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Tizmamoney: 8:25am On Jul 12, 2023
Timiofak:
My guys

bros, abeg help me with a good cheap school in the USA that I can secure admission with HND Electrical/Electronic (Electronics/Telecommunications opt). And that with fast admissions. Please
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Rdfactor(m): 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2023
TheNoble007:

My brother...that is good...but here in the US especially with what my eyes have been seeing of recent, it is easier said than done!

Sorry to ask Noble, I was passing through this thread trying to learn from experience as much as I can. If I may ask, what did your eyes saw that time (2019) concerning relationship?

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Horllar1990(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2023
kroger:
Very intelligent bird, I was in awe of the performance displayed by the bird and its trainer. The bird listens to instructuons and executes it.

I only got the performances on video.

Will post more pictures later.

Good day sir,

I need your opinion. I've noticed that those relocating to USA are mostly graduate students on scholarship and I've not heard or seen a video on YouTube advertising to those who wants to relocate via undergraduate study.
I wanna ask, can someone apply for undergraduate study and get a scholarship too and what's the age limit.
Can a 34 year old apply for undergraduate despite having OND certificate..
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by JohnQueen(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
I too gbadun your writing style. I wish say I fit write diary like this about my own journey... Las las na voice recording go make pass grin

MackyNaija:
On Qatar Airways, food no be problem. Had brunch, snacks in between and then lunch.
The meals were good, I chop am lick plate. cheesy
I didn't pass any plate today, all were sensible.

I constantly asked for drinking water, was severely dehydrated. Drank like every 30mins, they fill my bottle which lasts a while.

Few turbulence on the flight but it didn't shake me.

In flight entertainment was bam, heard some very nice songs - particularly Wave - I go buy am from iTunes store (Yankee levels, downloading suppose be piracy) grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Skills001: 7:34am On Mar 15
Zendmann1:

Nah... That Amazon no suppose qualify as FAANG... They don't pay well like others.

Bro, I tried to send you a message regarding studying in Spain. It looks like you have plenty of experience regarding the matter. Pls get back to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.