Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390564 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
TooMuchSauce:
Sent supporting docs almost 3 weeks ago, still not reflecting on my blue&gold, but I'm all good sha since you forewarned me. So thanks for always willing to give back man, it's priceless.
You are welcome Sir.

You can send them a reminder tomorrow. They recruited student workers recently so they are not lacking staff.

PDPGuy:
Keep up with the hard work. It will surely pay off in the end.

Meanwhile, here's a bit of trivia: Stanford, with an undergrad acceptance rate of only 4.65%, is the most selective university in America.
For the 2017/18 academic year, just 2,050 students were granted admission from a pool of over 44,000 applicants. That means 95% of applicants were rejected shocked
cheesy cheesy I deh laugh oooo...

44,000 applications where they beg people to apply in order to have a large applicant pool then reject them?

Let people keep trying their luck, I am content here. smiley

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
Satansadvocate:

its for your own benefit my guy. Not lectures here who teach only to see their handout and make money,at the end of the day they will mark down students.

You get what you deserve. And when you graduate,you will be more employable more than few this our naija grads who cant read.
Here, you get what you deserve.
No mago-mago, no jipiti, no one even forces you to buy a textbook (own one for your own good).

I am all set for church, make I go thank God for His Goodness.
Thank Him hunger hasn't set in, my garri still remain. kiss

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
MackyNaija:

No mago-mago, no jipiti, no one even forces you to buy a textbook (own one for your own good).

lol. Funny guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TooMuchSauce: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
MackyNaija:

You are welcome Sir.

You can send them a reminder tomorrow. They recruited student workers recently so they are not lacking staff.

I've done that quite a number of times bro (either via phone calls or emails), and it's always the same ol' story:

"We are working on the documents in the order they were received, please be patient".

So right now, i'm just chilling with my fingers crossed, hoping they do the needful asap.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
Where our guy mackynaija come chuck head put??
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by PDPGuy: 11:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
Mehn, after seeing the salaries of some of these American tv personalities, I'm regretting not majoring in communications/journalism cheesy

Imagine Matt Lauer earning $25 million/year, Meflyn Kelly being paid $18 million/year, or Charissa Thompson of Fox Sports earning a $500,000 annual salary. It's crazy. Being telegenic and having huge ratings also helps.

15 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Afam4eva(m): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
PDPGuy:
Mehn, after seeing the salaries of some of these American tv personalities, I'm regretting not majoring in communications/journalism cheesy

Imagine Matt Lauer earning $25 million/year, Meflyn Kelly being paid $18 million/year, or Charissa Thompson of Fox Sports earning a $500,000 annual salary. It's crazy. Being telegenic and having huge ratings also helps.
Law don tire you?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by PDPGuy: 1:40am On Sep 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

Law don tire you?

Lol. I just dey explore cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by ak22(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2017
PDPGuy:

Please don't change this topic please
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by bayocanny: 9:40am On Sep 19, 2017
PDPGuy:

Chai! I don hammer, that's my intended program grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tranxo(m): 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
ak22:

Please don't change this topic please
Supported
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

Law don tire you?

savage you are,no chill you have got
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nuzo1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
PDPGuy:

Haba.... You know say things no dey always work like that.

You just mentioned 2 names that majored in journalism. Heck, over 60% of the top paid anchorman never majored in journalism. They usually "stumble" into the job.

Though, as expected, when their lives begin to take shape in this unexpected career, they usually go back to school to upgrade their knowledge in journalism.

Not late for you bro. undecided

16 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:38am On Sep 20, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

I've done that quite a number of times bro (either via phone calls or emails), and it's always the same ol' story:

"We are working on the documents in the order they were received, please be patient".

So right now, i'm just chilling with my fingers crossed, hoping they do the needful asap.
Please be patient. tongue

Satansadvocate:
Where our guy mackynaija come chuck head put??
Baba, I busy die!!!
One assignment is due by Thursday, but I deh around sha.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:40am On Sep 20, 2017
bayocanny:

Chai! I don hammer, that's my intended program grin
Hahahahaha!!!
You see people salary and suddenly you don hammer?? grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:41am On Sep 20, 2017
tranxo:

Supported
Not supported...
Changing is allowed. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:50am On Sep 20, 2017
For this Yankee way I deh, my eyes don see something!
Positively though..

The whole program is moving at the speed of light, one course is on the verge of giving us the first of three exams.

What is different?
1. Cheat sheet is allowed - don't bother cramming formulas, just learn how to apply them. Bring a page of all formulas you would need.

2. Read between chapters 1 and 4. Don't stress yourself preparing on parts that are for Exam 2.

3. We were given a mock exam as an 'assignment' (not to be submitted) to show us what the actual exam would mimic. By my standards, na expo lecturer give us.
I actually thought about not posting point 3 but hell no!!! All experiences have to be captured here.

This American system na wa (positively)!

Is this usually how people are nudged in the right direction in every school?

85 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:57am On Sep 20, 2017
While returning from church on Sunday, I 'met' a guy..

We have been doing the hi-hi from afar but that day, we had a 'chat', a long one...

The part I want to highlight is the part he told us about 'doing the things that actually matter' and seeing everything else fall into place.

He most especially emphasized that by the end of the term, we would realize that all we have been doing have been an overkill...

I am gradually seeing it...

When the whole class is given the area of concentration or mock exam, wouldn't excess jacking amount to an overkill??

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:13am On Sep 20, 2017
A picture of our College of Pharmacy.

Good looking, I look forward to entering here someday.

Modified:
Choi! This picture fine, I love viewing it on my Firefox browser. kiss kiss kiss

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 4:42am On Sep 20, 2017
MackyNaija:

Please be patient. tongue

Baba, I busy die!!!
One assignment is due by Thursday, but I deh around sha.

no worry. You go come out with first class UPPER certificate. Naija no be option for you to come back when you finish school so your serious attitude towards your studies deserve an acolade of fireworks.

11 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 4:57am On Sep 20, 2017
MackyNaija:
Positively though..

The whole program is moving at the speed of light, one course is on the verge of giving us the first of three exams.

What is different?
1. Cheat sheet is allowed - don't bother cramming formulas, just learn how to apply them. Bring a page of all formulas you would need.

2. Read between chapters 1 and 4. Don't stress yourself preparing on parts that are for Exam 2.

3. We were given a mock exam as an 'assignment' (not to be submitted) to show us what the actual exam would mimic. By my standards, na expo lecturer give us.
I actually thought about not posting point 3 but hell no!!! All experiences have to be captured here.

my guy na so. I saw something like that on cracked.com. I swear i for no believe am if you no talk am now,you know say cracked na comedy and satire website so dey fit blow small lie but you just proved it above..

Teachers know students over there hate schooling and will stop if they are given the options so government is begging them to get educated so that everybody will not become Eminem or Drake.

Another option i think about the topic above is that students need to learn other things expect books mongering everyday,so the school tries to make it easier for them. They still give them education they need in a way less stressful manner that can assimilaite with other education,hobbies,goals or dreams.

Guy that is how NEAT societies work. Guy everything tight excess for you guys over there.

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 5:01am On Sep 20, 2017
MackyNaija:
A picture of our College of Pharmacy.

Good looking, I look forward to entering here someday.

see as college of pharmacy fine pass aso rock villa and Buhari office. I can swear that our presidential rats cant thrive in such neat,sane and serene environment

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by iekene(m): 5:25am On Sep 20, 2017
PDPGuy:

With your Nigerian Accent, You might not even get a Job, you would be forced to take up the only option of returning home and working for NTA.. Don't be deceived!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by PDPGuy: 6:25am On Sep 20, 2017
iekene:

With your Nigerian Accent, You might not even get a Job, you would be forced to take up the only option of returning home and working for NTA.. Don't be deceived!!
I've lost most of my Nigerian accent, but I don't think I'll even be considered for a local tv gig.

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Afam4eva(m): 6:39am On Sep 20, 2017
PDPGuy:

I've lost most of my Nigerian accent, but I don't think I'll even be considered for a local tv gig.
Better. Here in Nigeria, Nigerian accent no longer sells. They mostly consider people with British and American accents. So, you can fit right in.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by PDPGuy: 6:49am On Sep 20, 2017
Afam4eva:

Better. Here in Nigeria, Nigerian accent no longer sells. They mostly consider people with British and American accents. So, you can fit right in.
You just reminded me of my crush - Zainab Balogun. Her British accent melts my beautiful heart. Not forgetting Tonto Dikeh too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by bayocanny: 7:15am On Sep 20, 2017
MackyNaija:
Hahahahaha!!! You see people salary and suddenly you don hammer?? grin
I dey tell u bro cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tomisinobm(m): 8:49am On Sep 20, 2017
MackyNaija:

Textbook isn't an issue, you can always rent that. By the time you buy access code, you would cry in Spanish.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tranxo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
MackyNaija:
Positively though..

What is different?

That explains the reason most people that went through the jungle education system in Naija, tend to do well (some even obtaining first class/distinction) in education-made-easy environments.

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olalekan9320(m): 1:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
I always anticipate for your post mackyNaija which makes me refresh this page almost every time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Satansadvocate:

my guy na so. I saw something like that on cracked.com. I swear i for no believe am if you no talk am now,

Teachers know students over there hate schooling and will stop if they are given the options so government is begging them to get educated so that everybody will not become Eminem or Drake.

Another option i think about the topic above is that students need to learn other things expect books mongering everyday,so the school tries to make it easier for them. They still give them education they need in a way less stressful manner that can assimilaite with other education,hobbies,goals or dreams.

Guy that is how NEAT societies work. Guy everything tight excess for you guys over there.
Happened for real, the mock exam looks more straight forward than the assignments we have been doing.

tomisinobm:

Textbook isn't an issue, you can always rent that. By the time you buy access code, you would cry in Spanish.
None I am doing so far has requested we run ish that requires the access code. Hope it remains that way.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
tranxo:

That explains the reason most people that went through the jungle education system in Naija, tend to do well (some even obtaining first class/distinction) in education-made-easy environments.
People here go vex for the part I struck-thru, they make it easier here. I have two friends running masters in Naija - one in Lagos and one in Enugu. - Enugu guy abandoned his, the wahala was too much.
Lagos guy GPA don scatter like he is a blockhead. A very bright chap he is but his result is not saying same cos of the Nigerian factor.

olalekan9320:
I always anticipate for your post mackyNaija which makes me refresh this page almost every time
Thank you sir. smiley
Refresh less, I am hooked up with work this period.

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.