Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390609 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
I wrote my first exam today....
Got home and passed out!
The wahala involved no be here.

It was very similar to the sample we were given but more technical, calculations all through and lasted for 1hour.
Invigilation was tight, Prof held down the venue.

I cannot say how I performed until I see my grades...
Different answers from several different people. cheesy

Part 2 comes up in 2days time. This period is choked with tesssssts.

19 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by atiteb4: 12:02am On Sep 27, 2017
MackyNaija:
Got home and passed out!

It was very similar to the sample we were given but more technical, calculations all through and lasted for 1hour.

good luck brother

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:29am On Sep 27, 2017
atiteb4:
good luck brother
Thanks man.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by atiteb4: 6:50am On Sep 27, 2017
MackyNaija:

Thanks man.

you are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by ak22(m): 8:17am On Sep 27, 2017
MackyNaija:
Got home and passed out!

I trust your brain .Good luck bro
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Success bro.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by sonnie10: 3:13am On Sep 28, 2017
MackyNaija:
Got home and passed out!

@ Prof held down the venue. Don't even think about it, all the classes are mounted with cameras. He could just instruct the security people to monitor from their office.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2017
sonnie10:

@ Prof held down the venue. Don't even think about it, all the classes are mounted with cameras. He could just instruct the security people to monitor from their office.
The pin down was a good thing...
People for use cheating kill person for here.

Just finished the second one today, it was worse than the first! grin
I still put in my best, make we deh wait the result.

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:30am On Sep 29, 2017
A Yam tuber on Amazon, $20 undecided
I rather drink garri! grin grin

I ate yam some minutes ago... Available at Houston, a tuber about $6...

Fried light yellow, with sliced onion to spice up the oil..
And eggs lightly fried on low heat...
Orange juice to wash it down. kiss

Omo, I no feel like to sleep again. Sleeping will be wasting the meal kiss
Kai, I miss naija!

31 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by sonnie10: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2017
MackyNaija:

The pin down was a good thing...
People for use cheating kill person for here.

Just finished the second one today, it was worse than the first! grin
I still put in my best, make we deh wait the result.

Sometimes they curve the grades if the overall performance is poor.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
sonnie10:

Sometimes they curve the grades if the overall performance is poor.
Does this happen in all schools?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by sonnie10: 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
MackyNaija:

Does this happen in all schools?

Your professors have the prerogative. If na the one way get church mind, he will curve the grades. It's not school thing.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2017
sonnie10:

Your professors have the prerogative. If na the one way get church mind, he will curve the grades. It's not school thing.
Uuhhhhh!

I have heard of a percentile system of producing final grades...

Not sure of the way it works.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
MackyNaija:
A Yam tuber on Amazon, $20 undecided
I rather drink garri! grin grin

I ate yam some minutes ago... Available at Houston, a tuber about $6...

Fried light yellow, with sliced onion to spice up the oil..
And eggs lightly fried on low heat...
Orange juice to wash it down. kiss

Omo, I no feel like to sleep again. Sleeping will be wasting the meal kiss
Kai, I miss naija!
Here in Germany
Yam is really cheap
You could get a tube for 3€. Oh and I like your thread

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by neahyo(m): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
Jigba:

Here in Germany
Yam is really cheap

Hi. I'm sorry to interfere, I have been searching for yams and plantains at the grocery stores but I'm yet to find any. To be sincere, I can't eat their food here, it's just tasteless. I would be grateful if you can provide details of 'where to shop' and other 'how to adjust guides'.

Dankeschön.

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
neahyo:

Hi. I'm sorry to interfere, I have been searching for yams and plantains at the grocery stores but I'm yet to find any. To be sincere, I can't eat their food here, it's just tasteless. I would be grateful if you can provide details of 'where to shop' and other 'how to adjust guides'.

Dankeschön.
I wouldn't want to derail this thread
I will give you a mention in the other german thread
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:11am On Sep 30, 2017
Jigba:

Here in Germany
Yam is really cheap
Thank you very much. smiley

neahyo:

Dankeschön.
No need for apologies, every help and advice here is welcome. wink

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:18am On Sep 30, 2017
Here I am thinking time is maybe past 10pm...
I just checked and it is Saturday morning already.

One assignment is subtly revealing its monstrous nature.... Once I engage a question, I discover it is actually deeper than I thought - like 4 times deeper. sad

I would need more time but that isn't available. It is due by Monday, that would be exactly two weekssince we were given.
No one has had the time to address it, other numerous and more pressing course work but by Monday we must submit 'sontin'.

Our Independence day celebration comes up by 6.30pm today, it will be October 1st in Nigeria by that time... pheewwww...
I can already see Monday... I can see myself asking for an extension of time from madam Professor.

Happy Independence Day my nation Nigeria.. Wish things were better off back home.

32 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by PDPGuy: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2017
^^
I'll be going to an Independence Day event next Saturday.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
PDPGuy:
^^
I'll be going to an Independence Day event next Saturday.
A whole week after the actual date?

I hope there will be eba there.

I am still trying to recover from the wahala of the entire weekend.

Here is a picture of how our venue looked.

14 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Satansadvocate(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
MackyNaija:

thats how its supposed to be and look like if Nigeria is not a failed state. No light self to watch the 7 am presidential speech. Went to charge my phone and laptop at my friends barbing saloon and boys came with guns and shot off the stores ceilings to tell us that there was bullet inside the gun. They made away with my laptop and phone.

Typing with my relative phone now. My guy self that is employed was sitting outside when i walked in,i saw two can of amstel malt that he has digested and had one that he was still sipping,i offered to help him and finish it but he refused. Thats how bad things are.

We have not had light for the past 1 year here in my street. The nepa no light self i was talking about was the barbing saloon street own but yet no light self for there.

After the robbery now my ear has been blowing non-stop whistle because i witnessed the shooting at the ceiling close range.

The fried rice that was cooked today was prepared with expired tin green beans because my guy has always refused to use the said tin and kept it till today,it wrecked the food. No meat,the fried rice was tasteless because there was not enough ingredients.

Thats the hell hole we are living inside.

If you have any of your relative still here in Nigeria,just strive to get first class cert so that they can retain you and you can move all your family over there that sane developed people live..

Nothing to celebrate in this zoo. Its a nightmare guy,i will not wish Nigeria even for my enemys child.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Mayorboi(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

I've done that quite a number of times bro (either via phone calls or emails), and it's always the same ol' story:

"We are working on the documents in the order they were received, please be patient".

So right now, i'm just chilling with my fingers crossed, hoping they do the needful asap.

Bro, have you gotten an admission decision from TAMUK yet? If yes; did it come with the New Graduate Student Scholarship

Oga MackyNaija I hail o.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TooMuchSauce: 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2017
Mayorboi:

Bro, have you gotten an admission decision from TAMUK yet? If yes; did it come with the New Graduate Student Scholarship

Oga MackyNaija I hail o.

At all man, although I've gotten an offer from another school in Texas(without scholarship though) TAMUK grad school is yet to even update the documents they received on my application portal. Those guys are a joke! undecided
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by PDPGuy: 2:36am On Oct 02, 2017
MackyNaija:

Yeah. The organizers promised to serve Naija dishes.

That's how we roll over here. We do things backwards cheesy But it could be a double celebration if the Super Eagles beat Zambia on the same day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Mayorboi(m): 7:10am On Oct 02, 2017
TooMuchSauce:

At all man, although I've gotten an offer from another school in Texas(without scholarship though) TAMUK grad school is yet to even update the documents they received on my application portal. Those guys are a joke! undecided

No.. something might have been wrong.. maybe they didn't receive your application fee. I did get an offer from them on 27/09 & on my application portal, the admission decison was updated too. No scholarship yet though.

@MackyNaija
Does the scholarship mail drop with the admission mail?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:52am On Oct 03, 2017
Satansadvocate:

thats how its supposed to be and look like if Nigeria is not a failed state. No light self to watch the 7 am presidential speech.
Went to charge my phone and laptop at my friends barbing saloon and boys came with guns and shot off the stores ceilings to tell us that there was bullet inside the gun. They made away with my laptop and phone.

We have not had light for the past 1 year here in my street.

After the robbery now my ear has been blowing non-stop whistle because i witnessed the shooting at the ceiling close range.

If you have any of your relative still here in Nigeria,just strive to get first class cert so that they can retain you and you can move all your family over there that sane developed people live..

Nothing to celebrate in this zoo. Its a nightmare guy,i will not wish Nigeria even for my enemys child.
I cannot bad mouth my country but NOTHING is going on well there.

All I can say is I hope it gets better 'someday'.

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 1:55am On Oct 03, 2017
Mayorboi:

Oga MackyNaija I hail o.
Chairman, hailings from this end.

TooMuchSauce:

cheesy And there are so many people in that office that are supposed to be doing the update.... Relax, they will update it. Your documents have most likely been sorted and sent to your department for review.

PDPGuy:

Yeah. The organizers promised to serve Naija dishes.

That's how we roll over here. We do things backwards cheesy But it could be a double celebration if the Super Eagles beat Zambia on the same day.
Eba and soup kiss
@ doing things backward... hahaha cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Mayorboi:

No.. something might have been wrong.. maybe they didn't receive your application fee. I did get an offer from them on 27/09 & on my application portal, the admission decison was updated too. No scholarship yet though.

@MackyNaija
Does the scholarship mail drop with the admission mail?
Scholarship mail comes a few days later - give it a week.

Latest updates -
It seems the scholarship is only valid for two semesters - fall/spring or spring/summer or summer/fall. Spoke to a dude during our Independence day celebration that came last year Spring (2016), he was saying he couldn't extend his to Fall 2016 semester and he didn't do Summer 2016.
So he only did in-state for one semester, word of mouth (direct word sha).

Spring entrants take note.
I will still ask around for further info.

Also, there are very limited on campus jobs here so package properly before coming. [s]I wish I attended a bigger school, I need to jab[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Mayorboi(m): 7:41am On Oct 03, 2017
MackyNaija:

Scholarship mail comes a few days later - give it a week.

Latest updates -
It seems the scholarship is only valid for two semesters - fall/spring or spring/summer or summer/fall. Spoke to a dude during our Independence day celebration that came last year Spring (2016), he was saying he couldn't extend his to Fall 2016 semester and he didn't do Summer 2016.
So he only did in-state for one semester, word of mouth (direct word sha).

Spring entrants take note.
I will still ask around for further info.

Also, there are very limited on campus jobs here so package properly before coming. [s]I wish I attended a bigger school, I need to jab[/s]

Ok.. Thanks bro.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by NIGHTFOX: 10:01am On Oct 03, 2017
Satansadvocate:

thats how its supposed to be and look like if Nigeria is not a failed state. No light self to watch the 7 am presidential speech. Went to charge my phone and laptop at my friends barbing saloon and boys came with guns and shot off the stores ceilings to tell us that there was bullet inside the gun. They made away with my laptop and phone.

Typing with my relative phone now. My guy self that is employed was sitting outside when i walked in,i saw two can of amstel malt that he has digested and had one that he was still sipping,i offered to help him and finish it but he refused. Thats how bad things are.

We have not had light for the past 1 year here in my street. The nepa no light self i was talking about was the barbing saloon street own but yet no light self for there.

The fried rice that was cooked today was prepared with expired tin green beans because my guy has always refused to use the said tin and kept it till today,it wrecked the food. No meat,the fried rice was tasteless because there was not enough ingredients.

Hahahaha can't stop laughing
This one nah book of lamentation you day recite

12 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2017
Last week, this week and the next are mapped for quizzes..
Exams come up by mid-week October.

I have a quiz by daybreak, will update on how it went down...
6 whole chapters from a textbook just for "common" quiz. Me I bow.

An assignment to turn in tomorrow and another next tomorrow, we will likely get issued some more today cheesy and these are not moi-moi questions, Na who send me come do masters?? embarassed grin

USA masters is highly intensive, no be joke!

10 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2017
MackyNaija

all the best in your quizzes bro. we know say u go pass them for sure.

biko expatiate when you said this I wish I attended a bigger school,I need to jab.
thanks much

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.