Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389945 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
MackyNaija:

Three weeks back, I got an email from a company recruiter for a fulltime position against my graduation next year.

Industrial Engineering position in Silicon Valley.
Replied and a phone interview was fixed the next day with just a few hours headsup which I did and concluded in 20minute.

nice one bro. hopefully you get it.

any piece(s) of advice for incoming Ind Eng (spring 19) grad students to Tamuk, it will be highly appreciated. thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lhimeet(m): 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2018
MackyNaija:

Three weeks back, I got an email from a company recruiter for a fulltime position against my graduation next year.

Replied and a phone interview was fixed the next day with just a few hours headsup which I did and concluded in 20minutes.

Received another mail same day for an onsite interview scheduled for 3 days later. Na so I take begin prepare to go San Jose that week.
This is nice.. I pray you get the job! smiley

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lhimeet(m): 11:42pm On Oct 20, 2018
MackyNaija:
The speed fear me..
I was told my resume was seen on Hand5hake, a website were students in US schools find jobs or internships - in my school, mostly on-campus jobs.

That interview was all expense paid, return flight, hotel (cost die, over $200 daily), food and ground transport.

It was moved to the upper week and I did it before heading to Atlanta for the passport renewal.

Overall, it was a great experience and I am still waiting for a feedback from them.

Gerogia Tech, Penn State and College Station people full there. I follow dem drag am.

You'll get a positive feedback! cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:28am On Oct 21, 2018
Babyvet:
After you finish school , you get one year opt right ?
My name and Opt will not go together in the same sentence. wink cheesy

Predstan:

Believe me, This your experience just woke up a great American dream in the Mind of a fellow Nigerian... I can't but WoW!!! I think America is the place to be. Job now hunts prospective employee rather than hunting for Job
You'll be fine man. Just leave At1Ku and Buh4Ri and everything will be alright.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2018
Lhimeet:

This is nice.. I pray you get the job! smiley
nelem:

any piece(s) of advice for incoming Ind Eng (spring 19) grad students to Tamuk, it will be highly appreciated. thanks
Chairman, get the part tuition waiver - pay in-state.
Face your books and get great grades to distinguish yourself...

And put your hope in Oluwa, He will make everything alright.

Industrial department here is easier to survive than other departments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 12:35am On Oct 21, 2018
MackyNaija:

My name and Opt will not go together in the same sentence. wink cheesy

You'll be fine man. Just leave At1Ku and Buh4Ri and everything will be alright.

grin lol. Once you a get job , you can detail the immigration process part, going from student to worker , that’s has not really been discussed on these threads.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lillaowow(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2018
Babyvet:

grin lol. Once you a get job , you can detail the immigration process part, going from student to worker , that’s has not really been discussed on these threads.

I think OP is married. I heard a rumour he was planning a wedding (before the end of summer.)

Congrats Macky. And all the best Bro.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:47am On Oct 21, 2018
lillaowow:

I think OP is married. I heard a rumour he was planning a wedding (before the end of summer.)

Congrats Macky. And all the best Bro.
You are smarter than this. Throwing unsubstantiated claims is not the way to go. tongue

If you gimme wife, beautiful and money loaded, I go marry! cheesy

Babyvet:

I definitely will. That's the purpose of this thread, tell it all - atleast Most of It.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by stonemasonn: 1:24am On Oct 21, 2018
MackyNaija:

Replied and a phone interview was fixed the next day with just a few hours headsup which I did and concluded in 20minutes.

Received another mail same day for an onsite interview scheduled for 3 days later. Na so I take begin prepare to go San Jose that week.
congrats in advance, prepare your mind for high house rent in the Bay Area smiley
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lillaowow(m): 1:48am On Oct 21, 2018
MackyNaija:

You are smarter than this. Throwing unsubstantiated claims is not the way to go. tongue

If you gimme wife, beautiful and money loaded, I go marry! cheesy

Okay bro. Words travel fast you know. grin

All the best in your future endeavors.

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:54am On Oct 21, 2018
stonemasonn:
congrats in advance, prepare your mind for high house rent in the Bay Area smiley
High salary and high rent - no problem.

lillaowow:

Okay bro. Words travel fast you know. grin

All the best in your future endeavors.
Thanks man.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by judajix(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2018
@mackynaija can you provide any evidence you received the loan, it has become a serious arguement in a group I'm in
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by goat22: 8:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
stonemasonn:

How far my young child, I fit bring fowl come Bay Area? local fowl? they go allow am enter plane? The fowl dey gist with person, e go understand Bay Area well well. Na for Abakaliki they raise am, with corn and agidi. They get fowl for Bay Area?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Predstan: 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
judajix:
@mackynaija can you provide any evidence you received the loan, it has become a serious arguement in a group I'm in

Lol... You don't have to always make anyone believe you... If they don't believe it, that's their problem

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Khingtee01(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2018
problem tiwon niyen cheesy grin grin
Predstan:

Lol... You don't have to always make anyone believe you... If they don't believe it, that's their problem
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lionlee216(m): 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2018
MackyNaija:
Passport $106
Passport photo x2 $20
Return envelope $10
Flight $250
Rental vehicle $100
Airbnb + dinner $100

I still never chop today like $15 + fuel to drive from school to San Antonio to catch the flight and back like $40.

Student doing a renewal??
Prepare well $$$

Can you please tell me the procedure for passport renewal. Mine expires early next year

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2018
nelem:

i sent you a pm.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2018
TheZed:
i sent you a pm.
i've replied bro
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2018
MackyNaija:

Chairman, get the part tuition waiver - pay in-state. Face your books and get great grades to distinguish yourself...
And put your hope in Oluwa, He will make everything alright.
thanks brov
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Adhheir: 8:57am On Oct 24, 2018
nelem:

thanks brov

Did they offer you instate tuition for spring? They claim there are no scholarships, I got their fall offer; $1K and instate; i differed. Now they're saying none of those offers are available for spring semester after sending them a mail to enquire if there's a new pool of candidates under consideration.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2018
Adhheir:

Did they offer you instate tuition for spring? They claim there are no scholarships, I got their fall offer; $1K and instate; i differed

not at all bro. i haven't received it yet.
do you mind sharing how you went about getting the instate tuition (for the Fall that you differed)
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Adhheir: 9:48am On Oct 24, 2018
nelem:

not at all bro. i haven't received it yet.
do you mind sharing how you went about getting the instate tuition (for the Fall that you differed)

Application package I guess; transcripts, GRE, sop n lor . I didn't put in a separate application for scholarship consideration. And I sent them a mail immediately after my admission if I was being considered for any tuition waiver. A mail came in later congratulating me

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by RexCheeng: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2018
MackyNaija:
The speed fear me..
I was told my resume was seen on Hand5hake, a website were students in US schools find jobs or internships - in my school, mostly on-campus jobs.

That interview was all expense paid, return flight, hotel (cost die, over $200 daily), food and ground transport.

It was moved to the upper week and I did it before heading to Atlanta for the passport renewal.

Overall, it was a great experience and I am still waiting for a feedback from them.

Gerogia Tech, Penn State and College Station people full there. I follow dem drag am.

Ayeee!!! Congratulations chief! You don land am already.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tizzdi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2018
Adhheir:

Application package I guess; transcripts, GRE, sop n lor . I didn't put in a separate application for scholarship consideration. And I sent them a mail immediately after my admission if I was being considered for any tuition waiver. A mail came in later congratulating me
nice bro!..pls if u dont mind sharing..(i knw its kinda personal sad )...pls what was ur gpa(after conversion like) and gre score..if u dont mind sharing its cool..jst wanna knw so id knw if i stand a chance
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
judajix:
Hahahaha... grin

Make una fight kill una selves. tongue
As has been said above, that one na una problem.

I'll send some screenshots, problem is I don't have the time to block and censor some parts of the screenshots.
Have an exam tomorrow and I am ill prepared. embarassed
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2018
lionlee216:

Can you please tell me the procedure for passport renewal. Mine expires early next year

The information on the Atlanta consulate page is adequate.

Add a photocopy of your passport main/biometrics page + self address USPS priority envelope, From them,To your address + 2 passport photo.

They use the envelope to send back your renewed passport. It's size is as big as an A4 or letter sized paper.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:41pm On Oct 25, 2018
judajix:
Una still den fight?

They are emailing me to come and collect more since schooling cost is unpredictable and they know something else might have come up.

Heard they are bouncing several people that applied after me, can't say why..

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2018
Joohan:

Wow...abeg shey na students get that Dodge challenger, Camry and the white Avalon on the other side? shocked

Guy, someone just started driving a G-wagon in school last week. I go hide snap the pishure... cheesy
Poverty no go kee person for this country.

Challenger, Camry and Avalon, which one cost pass truck? Truck full everywhere here!

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by judajix(m): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2018
MackyNaija:

Guy, someone just started driving a G-wagon in school last week. I go hide snap the pishure... cheesy

Challenger, Camry and Avalon, which one cost pass truck? Truck full everywhere here!

E be like Texas na generally truck state

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2018
judajix:

E be like Texas na generally truck state
Annoyingly excessive.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Joohan: 4:13am On Oct 27, 2018
MackyNaija:

God dey cry
MackyNaija:

God dey

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.